PDA

View Full Version : August crowds???

castlelady36
05-28-2008, 01:48 PM
Has anyone been to WDW in August for the 9th through the 17th? How are the crowds then? We have always gone in June or July so we are used the big crowds but wondered if it might be settled down a bit. I know the free dining does not start until after we leave so another hope it might be a bit quieter...as quiet as it can be anyways at WDW...thanks all!!!!

mackeymouse
05-28-2008, 04:12 PM
August is always crowded. I'd suspect towards the end of your trip it will be better. Schools here (Metro ATL) start back Aug. 11 so kids will start dwindling down.

It is my understanding that Disney runs package deals when reservations are low so it sounds like the crowds will be lighter just after you leave.

You'll have a great time anyway!

Mia

SBETigg
05-28-2008, 04:20 PM
August crowds are slightly lower than July crowds, with a decrease in crowds by the week as the month progresses. Weekends can be crowded, but midweek at that time tends to be quite manageable as far as crowds.

kakn7294
05-28-2008, 04:28 PM
We were there during that time frame last year and will be again this year (those exact dates). IMO, the crowds weren't too bad. Most rides had average waits of 15 to 60 min depending on the time of day. The crowds were much better than on previous trips taken in July and I actually thought the crowds were better in August than our trip in 2006 in early December. If you are definately going and are interested in a meet, let me know! I have 2 DD's ages 13 and 8 and we'll be with friends dolphinmickey9170 and her family for part of the time - she'd love to do a meet too.

castlelady36
05-28-2008, 04:39 PM
Hey Kathy!!

That would be super as we are absolutely going!! I have 2 DD's as well 15 and 7. How funny!! We are staying at OKW and I would love to meet dolphinmickey9170 as well. Just finished reading her trip reports...great!!!

#1disneyfan
05-28-2008, 04:39 PM
We will be in WDW from the 12-17 of August. I am hoping that the crowds are less than in July. We were there in July last year and the crowds were horrible! I found out after we were there that July is official Tour Month. Explains all the large groups in the same colored shirts!! Anyway I am looking forward to not seeing large groups of people, and just regular crowds.

Have a great time!

Young@Heart
05-29-2008, 12:33 AM
We usually do June/July trips, but this year are going the first week of Aug. It was my understanding that (historically) it's crowded, but not as bad as the time frame we're used to.

mouseketeer mom
05-29-2008, 06:17 AM
We are there the 13th thru the 21st. I'm hoping the whole trip is manageable. (heat and crowds..I don't like either:blush:)