PDA

View Full Version : Character signatures

DNS
05-28-2008, 01:17 PM
At what age do your kids stop showing interest in getting character signatures?

KineGirl
05-28-2008, 01:22 PM
Wow.. I think you'll find alot of varying ages here as there are alot of grownups who still like to get signatures. Mine was about 10 or 11 and it was when she would rather stand in a line to ride than to get a signature. Her theory was that she still "sees" the character. "He/she is right there!" We would pass one and say "wow! look! its (so and so)!" and keep walking. This year she will be 18 and we have a renewed want of getting signatures and pictures with the characters - Go figure. But I think it had something to do with Figment being retired and she never had her pic with him - hes one of her all time favorites. Like alot of things with kids - she just took it for granted he would always be there.

I did too. We'll miss you Figment! :figment:

FenwayGirl
05-28-2008, 02:04 PM
I agree around 10 or 11.
This January, my 11year old was too cool for autographs. She would take the pictures..(only because her younger siblings were), but she would rather keep walking and see more of the sights

kakn7294
05-28-2008, 09:37 PM
But I think it had something to do with Figment being retired and she never had her pic with him - hes one of her all time favorites. Like alot of things with kids - she just took it for granted he would always be there.

I did too. We'll miss you Figment! :figment:Unless they've stopped again since August, Figment is available for meet 'n greets. He's at the Imagination pavilion - go to the left of the pavilion, up the sidewalk with the leaping fountains to the doorway marked "Figment's Place" - it's next to the entrance to Honey I Shrunk the Audience. He's either inside or right outside that door at various times throughout the day.

My DD 13 will pose for character pics with her little sis 8 but does not collect autographs anymore. She was 11 when she collected them for the last time and I think that was a little reluctantly.

katzctkpt
05-28-2008, 10:54 PM
I agree 10 -11 yrs old. With having 3 children it can be complicated at times when the youngest still wants signatures and the other 2 want to ride what to do :confused::confused:. I hate to see them grow up but, I can't stop it so, I hope that the yrs they've had at disney will be memories they'll cherish forever.

Young@Heart
05-29-2008, 12:16 AM
DS will be 14, and at this point, he's still saying he wants signatures. :mickey: I hope so, 'cause the rest of us will still be waiting in line, whether he wants to or not. :blush:

KineGirl
05-29-2008, 12:24 AM
I agree 10 -11 yrs old. With having 3 children it can be complicated at times when the youngest still wants signatures and the other 2 want to ride what to do :confused::confused:. I hate to see them grow up but, I can't stop it so, I hope that the yrs they've had at disney will be memories they'll cherish forever.

Awww.. trust me - as a Mom whos first trip was for her DD 4th birthday and whos same DD insisted on having her 18th birthday in WDW in Oct when she could have done almost anything else - they will. They might outgrow waiting in line for signatures but they never outgrow that "feeling" Disney gives us all :hug:

Have you tried tying a brick to their heads to keep them from growing up? Didnt work for me either :(

elmjimmlm
05-29-2008, 09:42 AM
My kids were done with signatures after they had filled up their autograph books the first year we were there...:mickey:

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
05-29-2008, 10:37 AM
My 9 year old lost interest two years ago but then regained it last year. Her sis is 4 this oct. and will be jacked up about the characters so hopefully my DD9 will still have interest. Hopefully they can find the balance of riding and characters together as they are pretty good about sharing stuff.

Ribeyespud
06-06-2008, 08:39 PM
uh...as a "45 year old lost boy" I LOVED getting autographs in a photo book. ANYONE who goes for the 1st time is bound to feel the magic as they get autographs and pictures:cloud9:

GrmGrninGost
06-06-2008, 09:01 PM
Another 45 year old who loves it! Meeting the characters and getting autographs is one of my very favorite things to do at WDW! We made the trip down last week to go to P&P Party just to catch some of the more rare ones! ( We were very disappointed not to see Prince Eric!) We did get several new ones though! We got Captain Jack, John Smith, a camel from Aladdin, Carmen, Fantail and Flounder for the first time! Very exciting!! :mickey:

Dyanna
06-11-2008, 02:27 PM
My step DD was 16 last year when we went & she took her book with her to fill in the signatures she did not get on her last trip. Guess you can never be too old:D

IamBelle
07-21-2008, 05:57 PM
It really depends on the child's personality. I am a teen and I still luv character sigs! I like searching for rare characters!

Minnie Imagineer
07-22-2008, 05:06 PM
What?!?! losing intrest in disney characters- Never! I am 17 and love searching for characters that I have never met and my favs!
:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-25-2008, 11:49 AM
My son loved autographs and characters meets when he was 8 but when he was 11 had no interest....it was good we didn't spend a lot of time in line waiting for characters, but I miss the pictures with the characters.....:sad:

DDuck66
07-29-2008, 01:56 PM
I am 42 and hopefully will never be to old to lose interest in Character Autographs and pictures. I have an autograph/picture book for every trip that we go on that lasts more than 4 days. I think we spend more $$ on getting pics than we do on regular souvenirs.

Nascfan
07-29-2008, 04:51 PM
Our daughter is 16 and this past trip still got autographs and pictures. She is more interested in some of the rare and unusual ones, kind of like a treasure hunt, but still loves the classics of Mickey, Minnie, etc. :mickey:

Blue Genie
07-29-2008, 05:28 PM
Hey I'm 37 and I still get autograph when I fine a character I don't have yet. I think the last Autogaph I got was from Dopey last year. Here is a link to all my autographs I have so far.

http://s184.photobucket.com/albums/x167/BlueGenie_2007/Disneyland%20Autographs/Autographs%20Part%201/

http://s184.photobucket.com/albums/x167/BlueGenie_2007/Disneyland%20Autographs/Autographs%20Part%202/