PDA

View Full Version : Adding a day onto package

Blast822
05-28-2008, 10:00 AM
OK -- I must be nuts. We booked our trip for August before we got the flight when we had the room deal. Now the flights are such that it is cheaper to fly in the day before originally planned. SO - our package currently is 6 nights at POR with dining/tickets with water park option. We have another night booked the night before for room only because I didn't want to pay for dining plan and we were planning to get in on that day, so we weren't going to plan any parks. I know, it's confusing. So, here's my question. If we fly in on Friday night instead of Saturday (we save about $300 as of right now), can I extend the package to change the room only to include park tickets and everything else and keep the same rates? OR - can I get the park tickets a day early so we can at least check out the water parks on Saturday? I know, I need to ask my travel agent, but she's on vacation this week. Thanks.

faline
05-28-2008, 10:09 AM
If I've got this right, you've already got a room only for 1 night before your package begins. I'm guessing your package includes free dining?

It's unlikely you can change your package at this point in time to include additional nights but your travel agent can best guide you on that.

Your package tickets will not be available to you before your check-in date under the package.

You should be able to easily add an additional room only night.

Perhaps you can spend a day doing something outside the parks such as Downtown Disney or hanging by the pool at your resort? Maybe a game of mini golf?

luvemall
05-28-2008, 05:54 PM
Hi,
I do not know if you will be able to change the "room only" reservation to the package pricing but I am sure hoping you can.

At the very least, you can upgrade your park tickets by just paying a little extra. For instance, you can upgrade a 6-day park-hopper ticket to a 7-day park-hopper ticket for just a few dollars more per ticket. So, at the very least, you should be able to start your park experience early even if you have to purchase meals the regular way on your day of arrival.

Good luck!!
P.S. Happy 13th Birthday, Tyler!!!

Beast_fanatic
05-28-2008, 09:25 PM
At the very least, you can upgrade your park tickets by just paying a little extra. For instance, you can upgrade a 6-day park-hopper ticket to a 7-day park-hopper ticket for just a few dollars more per ticket. So, at the very least, you should be able to start your park experience early even if you have to purchase meals the regular way on your day of arrival.

Unfortunately, in this case, that won't work. Since they are adding on to the beginning of their trip, and the main part of their trip is a package that includes the tickets, they will not receive their tickets until they check in for their package, so there is no way for them to add a day onto the ticket since they won't have it yet.

luvemall
05-29-2008, 09:52 AM
Do you think there is a way she can change the package to begin a day early being that her trip does not happen until August? Thanks.

Marker
05-29-2008, 10:21 AM
We're looking at potentially doing the same thing in September. I've seen less expensive options by taking a late flight on Saturday night instead of an early flight on Sunday. It's a flight that doesn't get in until after midnight, so we wouldn't get to WDW until after like 1:00 A.M.

Not really sure what my plan would be from there. We'd actually be arriving on our scheduled check in date, just way before check in time. Could just hang out by the pool all night in a lounge chair I guess, but it wouldn't be very restful.