PDA

View Full Version : graduation celebabration pre trip report: the suprise has been revieled

tinklover
05-28-2008, 09:48 AM
So yesterday was my DSIL's HIgh school graduation. for the past 6 months or so she has been searching and hunting and asking about what she is getting for graduation. We have been hiding everything here as she does not come over that often. lol. At one point in time she had found some paper work on the trip but we said that it was just an estimate to see if we could afford it to go again but it was not in the budget and she bought it lol. So I planned out a scavenger hunt to give her the gift . So her parents got her a cedar jewelry box and the first clue was inside. Took her a while to figure out that she had to go hunt for the other gifts lol. she got to the next gift which was flip flops, she was like what are you all doing to me? so I told her you want to search and hunt for gifts and clues to your gifts well you got it . Finish searching for your gifts. lol . Next was sunglasses, then sunblock, then to throw her off she found some booklets for Ocean City, Md and a theme park/campground in that area. Her face just dropped thinking she was going on a camping trip. hahah I am so rotten. So then she found her digital camera she had asked for and then off to get the big gift. I had ordered the Mickey graduation ears right from the park for her we had them stuck in her brand new suitcase with a light up pooh pen. She operns the suitcase lokes inside moves the ears to the side then the pen and says whew no more clues thank you everyone. it never hit her that she was going to Disney. so I pick up teh ears and show them to her. she says yes I see the ears ty my disney obbssessed sister.I said Julie you just graduated high school now where are you going? she said florida josette you know this i am going to use your address to go to school down there once you move back down permenantly. I said YOUR GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! she said I am not am I ? When?
so i then say in 9 days you leave. she starts shaking and asks who all is going so i go down teh line up of all 12 of us and she sits down and starts bawling liek a baby and she looks at her mom and says am I really going? and my DMIL says yes honey it has been planned for about 7 months or so now you are going. she then got up still bawling and runs to each of us and hugs and kisses us. now here is teh best part lol. she gets up this morning and calls me first thing and asks are we really going to disney world or did i just dream all that? I said yes hun we are all going to disney world we now leave in 8 days. DOn't forget to pack your ears lol she starts crying all over again and says i really am going to Disney world you are the best family a kid could ask for.

More to come when we get back form the WORLD :number1::cloud9:

wdwgrl377
05-28-2008, 11:21 AM
What a wonderful gift! How exciting! I am so excited to for y'all and I can not wait to hear about it once you get back!! :mickey:

tinklover
05-28-2008, 12:48 PM
yeah it was a very funny experience and we can not wait either. now that we are in the single digits it feels like the days are just creeping bye slowly.

tinkerbell04
05-28-2008, 01:12 PM
That's a great surprise and an awesome gift, for the whole family! I hope you have a great time, I will be looking for the reports when you return :)

ChipnDaleGal
05-28-2008, 01:39 PM
That is a great story! You all managed to pull off the surprise to the best effect! Sounds like she couldn't be happier or more excited. I hope you all have a great time celebrating this milestone in her life while at WDW! :mickey:

Young@Heart
05-29-2008, 12:53 AM
Awwww, you got me all teary-eyed just reading that! I hope you all have the best time ever!

vizsla
05-29-2008, 05:28 AM
Have a great time and a safe trip.

DizNee143
05-29-2008, 09:44 AM
awww..thats awesome!!
hope you guys have a great time!! :mickey:

faline
05-29-2008, 06:08 PM
Now that is certainly a graduation she will never forget! What a wonderful family you must be to plan such a great trip and then keep the secret so well!

BluewaterBrad
05-29-2008, 06:16 PM
Cool story:thumbsup::mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
05-29-2008, 06:34 PM
Please....someone, I need a tissue. I bawled just like she did. What a great story. I wish I could be that creative. I just seem to tell my DD, we are going and when. That's it. No fun.

Have a great time and please post trip reports upon your return!!

Bethis26fan
05-29-2008, 09:27 PM
What a great story, I hope you have a fun trip.

TikiGoddess
05-30-2008, 07:43 AM
Wow, what a great thing to do! Have a wonderful trip... I'm sure your SIL will never forget it.

TikiG

gauvin4
05-30-2008, 08:57 AM
Awwww, you got me all teary-eyed just reading that! I hope you all have the best time ever!

Same here!! Hope you have a great trip!!

RedSoxFan
05-30-2008, 09:46 AM
WOW -- Great story and great present. I hope you all have a wonderful time.:mickey:

MauiMouse
05-30-2008, 08:48 PM
What a great graduation present. Have a fantastic time! :thumbsup: