PDA

View Full Version : Parasailing????

Mickey07
05-28-2008, 12:15 AM
I have always wanted to go parasailing and was just wondering if anyone has done this. If you have how was it and how much does this cost? Thanks for any help.

mrsgaribaldi
05-28-2008, 08:42 AM
I've always wanted to do it too. Here's a link to the info here at Intercot. http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/recreation/parasailing.asp

I would be interested in hearing some personal experiences too though. ;)

c&d
05-28-2008, 10:14 AM
We just did it when we were down in April. It was great.

There were 3 of us and DS and I had to go together since neither one of use met the minimum weight.

DS is 9 and was a little nervous when we took off but after a couple of minutes he was really relaxed. We were busy pointing out all the different sites. It's an amazing view of WDW from up there. We went up to about 400' for about 10 minutes.

The crew on the boat that took us out was really great and made DS comfortable about going up. DH and I had both been before.

I don't remember the price because after the parasailing we went waterskiing for an hour.

I highly recommend it.

Cookie123
05-28-2008, 01:26 PM
I did the parasailing a couple of years ago, in December. It was fantastic ! I was not frightened at all because I've done parasailing in a couple of other places. It is very safe. You are in a harness very securely so you don't really need to hang on with your hands. I had my disposable camera on a rope around my neck, and I was able to use the camera and get fantastic pictures. The parasailing adventure was a gift from my Husband, who stayed at home when I went on this solo vacation. As soon as our boat came back, I called my Husband on my cell phone to thank him again for this wonderful gift.

Tink<3Mickey<3Cinderella
09-03-2008, 04:46 PM
I have a question about the weight requirement. I took a look at it an wanted to know how strict they are about the max weight for tantem riders. I would love to go with my husband but we are just a little bit over the weight together.

Anyone ever done tantem?

Is going by yourself boring?

Cookie123
09-03-2008, 11:11 PM
We've done tandem over Lake George N.Y. We're not lightweights, but I don't think we were over the limit.
We also have gone up both on the same trip, just not together.

Never in a million years did I think that being up in the parasail alone was boring !!!
And besides that - the actual ride is only for 10 minutes.

But you are "talking" to someone who has done 8 annual solo WDW vacations.
I enjoy a solo trip to WDW.

I hope to get to do it, it sure is delightful!

mickeymousedabomb
09-04-2008, 07:26 AM
I took my daughter who was 9 at the time on our last day in WDW. It was awesome! She loved it, I loved it both as first timers. She wasn't scared at all. What a view from up there it was a great expierence for her and I. It's worth it in our book!