PDA

View Full Version : Week after Thanksgiving???

bkfree
05-27-2008, 11:27 PM
I did a search on this and did not get to many hits so I will ask.
For anyone who went on the Sat. after Thanksgiving for the week.
Talk to me about the week after Thanksgiving
Crowds?
Weather?
Are the Christmas decorations out then?
Thanks

Strmchsr
05-28-2008, 08:17 AM
Crowds on the Saturday immediately after Thanksgiving are pretty crowded. The crowds don't start to thin from holiday until Sunday or Monday.

Weather - who knows? It's extremely variable. I suggest you check Info Central here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/weather/dailytemps.asp) for the weather data from the last 4 years. That will give you a good idea of what to expect. I've been that week 3 times. This past year was warmer than normal, the first time was pretty chilly, and the second time was warm the first part of the week and cold and rainy at the end, so you just never know.

Christmas decorations are definitely up. They go up in early November. There's no MVMCP the week of Thanksgiving, but most everything else is going afterwards - CP, holiday storytellers, Osborne Lights, etc.

RockinRollerMom
05-28-2008, 08:40 AM
This is a great time to go to Disney! Last year we went the Monday after Thanksgiving for a week. This year we are going the Tuesday after Thanksgiving for a week. Generally the crowds are still pretty heavy through the weekend after Thanksgiving. By Monday they drop off. The parks were not "empty" when we were there, but they definetly were not overly crowded either. Most of the major attractions had anywhere between 20-40 minute waits. We have traveled on the Monday or Tuesday after Thanksgiving because airfare is so expensive flying on Thanksgiving weekend.

Last year the weather was great! High 70s to low 80s. In the morning and evening it can get cool so we always had a sweater or jacket with us. It was hot enough for us to swim most days. We even went to a waterpark. Granted we live on the ocean in the Northeast so low 80's feels hot to us. I think it is all relative. In years past we have always traveled when it was much hotter. I was shocked at how much more energy I had when it wasn't in the 90's and humid.

All of the Christmas decorations are up then. I had never been to Disney during the christmas season before and was totally blown away by the "magic". There are so many new things to see and do. I felt like In some ways I was seeing Disney for the first time.

I think this is a great time of year to go and highly reccomend it. Just keep in mind that Pop Warner arrives the first full weekend in December. (I think it is December 7th to December 13th this year) So if your dates overlap, I'd suggest not staying at the Allstars or POR/POFQ.

BMan62
05-28-2008, 08:57 AM
We went this past November -- the Wednesday after Thanksgiving -- for a week. The weather was great, actually warmer that we had anticipated -- low 80's, and crowd levels were down -- not late September down, but close.

All the decorations are up, Osborne Lights, MVMCP, Candlelight Processional are all in play.

It was a great time to be there!!! Enjoy!!!:thumbsup:

faline
05-28-2008, 09:59 AM
If you're talking about Saturday as in two days after Thanksgiving, you can expect it to be very crowded for the remainder of that weekend. Crowds should drop off quite a bit by Monday.

Aggie97
05-28-2008, 01:27 PM
We arrived at WDW the Saturday after Thanksgiving 2007. The MK was extremely crowded on Saturday night. After that, we were surprised at how relatively quiet Epcot was on Sunday. Crowds weren't too bad that week but definitely picked up by the following weekend, which is to be expected. The weather was in the low 80s. The holiday festivities make it a very fun time of year to visit! :mickey:

Daisy'sMom
05-28-2008, 02:59 PM
We are planning to arrive the Monday after Thanksgiving this year for a week. It is the nicest time of year to go, at least we think so. The Christmas decorations are out, it is not crowded and the weather is lovely. We have our countdown started (even though we go alot on weekends) and just can't wait! It is nice to take a day trip there but we love being able to stay for a week.:mickey:

mickeymousedabomb
05-28-2008, 10:08 PM
We went thid past T-Day from Wed (day before T-Day) till Dec 1st. Crowds were light 10 min or less our whole trip some even walk ons except Jungle Cruise. Weather was great, 80's not rainy at all maybe 2 out of our 10 and that wasn't all day either. There was one night that we wore sweatshirts. We loved it so much at that time we are booking a Nov 18-28th 09 trip. Christmas spirit, crowds, weather all of it was just perfect for us!! Disney here we come, again and again and again and.............

tmosier
05-28-2008, 10:40 PM
My family and I went Nov. 07. We arrived the Sunday after Thanksgiving and stayed for a week. Since we didn't arrive until mid-afternoon, we didn't get to any parks until our MVMCP time that evening. MVMCP was a great way to begin our time at WDW. The crowd that evening wasn't bad at all, and we didn't wait for more than a few minutes at any ride. Actually, we got spoiled just walking up and getting on anything we wanted to. Overall, we thought the week after Thanksgiving was a great time to be at the parks since the crowd level wasn't high.

As for the weather, the first few days were hot--- almost 90 with high humidity (of course)-- and the last few days were rather cool. It rained twice while we were there, both times while we were at Disney Hollywood Studios (bring a poncho!).

The Christmas decorations were wonderful! The parks, WL and GF were beautiful. This is definitely our favorite time to visit WDW!

bkfree
05-29-2008, 12:11 AM
Thanks Guys.
You have given me some great tips.
We will wait until at least Monday or Tuesday to fly down, I forgot about all the holiday flyers.

We have been in May and last trip we went the second week of Jan. This time I would love for our family to see the Disney Christmas Magic for the first time with the low crowds we had last Jan.

Keep the suggestions coming.

LandFan
05-29-2008, 09:47 AM
Did it last year... loved it so much we are doing it again this year:cloud9: The week was nice and empty (we arrived T-day evening and stayed until the following Saturday) and we did everything we wanted to do easily. The weather was quite nice and the Christmas decorations were awesome! We tried MVMCP and loved it! We are doing that again this year too.:thumbsup: