PDA

View Full Version : Dolphinmickey9170/ DisneyWhirled/ DWHubby Day 8

dolphinmickey9170
05-27-2008, 08:31 PM
THE CAST
ME - Kristen - 37 - Huge Disney fan - I eat sleep and dream about all things Disney. So fanatical that I drive Ben nuts with my constant talk of disney this and disney that.

DH - Ben - 43 - Fell in love with Disney on his very first trip (for our wedding at the Poly in 2006). He loved it so much, he bought me DVC for our wedding. Infatuated with pins, buying mostly, but will trade on occasion.

DD - Katy - 17 - Loves Disney almost as much as I do. She takes care of our DGD everyday while her mommy (Jenn) works.

DGD - Keara - 19 months - Loves Lella (Cinderella), Mickey, Tinkerbell and Pooh.

DisneyWhirled - Karen
DWHubby - John
Colby - 9
Kaylee - 5

Thursday, May 22nd - We sleep in a bit today, not too late, just no alarm. We head off to Epcot. First thing, we head for Mission Space and ride the orange!! We love it. It's so cool. Ben and Keara sit idle by and hang out until we land on Mars. We meet back up at Garden Town and check things out. It was so sad to walk in there and not go on Body Wars or see The Making of Me or watch Buzzy in the brain. I really wish that some company would take it over, make it fun again. They need a sponsor from a medical or insurance company to bring back the Wonders of Life! Oops, sorry, off on a tangent......back to garden town. In all honesty, it was a very boring place. I saw no activity accept a group of seed planters endiing their discussion and walking away with a bag. The same kind of bag that our local supermarket sells for $2 so you will stop using the plastic bags they give you. The food place looked like it was serving day old sandwiches. We didn't spend but 10 minutes in there. Of course, it started sprinkling again, but we managed to stay out of getting soaked. The heavy clouds just looked like they were going to drop on us at any minute.

By this time, we are ready for lunch. Katy and Keara want chicken from the Electric Umbrella. I must admit, the chicken strips are gone, now replaced by 8 chicken nuggets, but they still taste exactly the same as the strips did. Ben and I want something different, so we leave Katy and Keara with their lunch at a nice little table by the window for people watcing, and we head for Mexico. We check out the menu and we both decide to try here. Ben has the combination plate and I have the nachos. Very good. The packaged salsa though, WOW, was really hot for my taste, but still good. Just used it sparingly. We sit by the water at think how nice of a spot this would have been the other night for Illuminations. Not sure if it's closed by then at night, or if it is considered another VIP space. But something to think about in the future. We like to stand in front of the Margarita stand, closest to the water. That's a great view!

We finish our lunch and call Katy to meet us on the first bench after you cross the bridge into Mexico. It is trying to rain, but it doesn't. Katy meets us and we head into ride with Donald and the boys. Well, the ride is down. Having technical difficulities, according to the cast member. Katy takes Keara's passport and gets it stamped. She started her passport on Tuesday while I was taking my final exam. So we look around some and then head for Norway. We ride Maelstrom and Katy does Keara's passport here too. I buy a Viking Coffee. WOW! A very strong hot beverage. It's 1/4 kaluha, 1/4 baileys and 1/2 coffee. The cup is probably about 6 oz, so this is way to strong for me, but I drink it anyway. As we make our way to China, the rain drizzles a bit. We wander around and Katy does the passport again. Next up, Germany. We buy some cookies, very large heavy cookies and of course a chocolate bar or two. Another passport stop and we are moving again. Then Italy, for another passport stop. I can never seem to find a reason to stay in Italy. There was a little show going on, but it was all but over when we arrived. We head for The American Adventure.

I just love the Voices of Liberty. I have been following this one singer for 6 years. She was pregnant when I first noticed her. I have never spoken to her, but I know her when I see her. She has a fabulous voice. I am guessing they switch off for the first soprano part as she has done that part before, but not this time. There was another young lady singing. They introduce several couples, one couple newly married, and two on their anniversary trips 34 and 35 years for those two couples. Of course, the song they sing, A Dream is a Wish, makes me cry. Keara is just mesmerized by their singing and just sits and listens intently and claps on occassion. At the end of their show, the singer I have been following approaches. I tell her how I have been infatuated with her. Her baby is now almost 6 years old and quite tall. I found out her name is Tiffany. I get a hug from her, all the while, still teary eyed, and thank her for sharing her wonderful talent.

We head upstairs and get to see another show that brings tears to my eyes. It's a fabulous show and I recommend everyone see it as often as possible. We head out to get the passport stamped and we are watching the clock as we have dinner ressies at 5 at Kona. We finally make it out of that long line and in and out of Japan in just seconds. We are heading up the ramp toward the monorail and it pulls away. We are about 20 people back from the front of the line when I look down the ramp and there is John and Karen. We hadn't seen them all day and boom, there they are. Too funny. Ben calls John and says, "Where are you?" and John tells him where he is, meanwhile Katy and I are cracking up and Ben is trying not to laugh. Then Ben tells hime to turn around and look up. We all wave. The monorail pulls up and we managed to keep our car to ourselves and then John and Karen and the kiddies join us. We take the monorail back to the TTC and switch to the resort monorail. We are checking in at Kona in no time. We take the kids to the restroom and freshen up and we are seated right away. I order another Pina Colava and Ben gets the Rum Runner and John gets some Mango Passion Fruit adult beverage. Karen opts out. We have a fabulous meal. Ben, Katy and I all have the filet. Ben's is plain and they put teriyaki on mine and Katy's. Karen had the asian noodles and John had the teriyaki steak. Everyone enjoyed their meals. Dessert was fabulous as well. Chocolate for all in one form or another, tortes, tarts, ice cream and fondue.

We finish up and head for the MK for the last time. We stop at the Emporium to find Capt. Jessica Sparrow. Her manager tells us she is on break. So we decide we will come back to find her later. We stop just outside the Crystal Palace and Karen asks this nice CM to take our picture (http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2438087270042804337FITmQF). It is the ONLY one of us all together!! Then a quick picture of just Ben and I (http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2457259160042804337qMUvTr). We wander around catching a few rides, like PoTC, HM, Small World, TTA (where we talk about coming together again in the near future). Katy is trying to find a Nightmare before Christmas blanket that we saw at the Studios. Karen says she is going to the studios tomorrow before our Kitchen Sink meeting and she will pick it up for her.

Then Karen, Katy, Kaylee and I watch CoP and the 40s scene, Dad's mouth wasn't moving. I think his name is John?! Correct me if I'm wrong. The guys take Colby and Keara and find two tables at the noodle station for us to watch Wishes. I just wish they would dim the lights. But I still got some good video. Until my memory card shuts down stating it's full. I switched cards quickly and only videos 57 more seconds and the show was over. This just gives me a reason to return.

We go back to the Emporium and we find Jessica (http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2871994250042804337roeJDO), so we chit chat for a bit. She is a fabulous person. If you get the chance to meet up with her, you won't be sorry. (Hope you get the wish you are wishing for, Jessica, let us know how things go)

We head to the buses and are back at OKW in no time. We get Keara to bed and we start packing. We are all but finished for morning so we can meet John and Karen at Beaches and Cream.

Can we do the kitchen sink...........oh yeah!!

MauiMouse
05-27-2008, 09:49 PM
Another fun day at Epcot, glad to hear that you dodged the rain drops. I finally got to see a complete set of the Voices of Liberty last month! :thumbsup:

ChipnDaleGal
05-27-2008, 10:18 PM
I just love the picture of your two families in front of the castle. You all look so happy and like you have had such a good time. It kinda says it all! :thumbsup:

kakn7294
05-28-2008, 01:34 AM
Sounds like another great day! I'm getting so anxious for August to get here!

CaptainJessicaSparrow
05-28-2008, 03:11 AM
Hey guys! No pictures of me in plaid?

It's okay, it's not that flattering anyways! Haha!

Anyways, I am heading to Casting on Friday to try and get a transfer, and hopefully, getting my dream. I also talked with my teacher about the possibility of an apprenticeship with Costumeing, of which he said if I wanted, he'd make it happen. So now I've got a lot of choices!

Glad to see you guys also got a bit of dream magic with the hats! Wish I could get a hat!

Hope to meet up with you guys again! See ya real soon!

tinkerbell04
05-28-2008, 09:29 AM
Sounds like your last full day was fabulous! I am glad that you finally got to put a name with the face of the Voices of Liberty. :mickey:

cal5755
05-28-2008, 10:03 AM
I am loving all your pictures... the picture of all of you together is really great!! You can tell you are having a fabulous vacation!! Glad you had another great day!!

wdwgrl377
05-28-2008, 11:18 AM
Another great day! :mickey:

DizNee143
05-28-2008, 12:38 PM
another great fun-filled day!!
boo..tomorrow is the last day..yuck..lol
:mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
05-28-2008, 05:21 PM
Hey guys! No pictures of me in plaid?

It's okay, it's not that flattering anyways! Haha!

Anyways, I am heading to Casting on Friday to try and get a transfer, and hopefully, getting my dream. I also talked with my teacher about the possibility of an apprenticeship with Costumeing, of which he said if I wanted, he'd make it happen. So now I've got a lot of choices!

Glad to see you guys also got a bit of dream magic with the hats! Wish I could get a hat!

Hope to meet up with you guys again! See ya real soon!

Jessica, I don't know what happened. I thought I put your picture in there, but when I looked on webshots, it wasn't even there. I just reloaded it and will post in immediately. You are fabulous. And I hope your dream comes true for costuming. Please let us know what happens.

Sorry for missing the picture.:blush:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
05-29-2008, 12:24 AM
Wow..........

I look horrible in that picture! I blame the plaid!! Stupid MS Costume!! Oh well, we all know I am cuter in person!

But it certainly made my night to see you guys!

faline
05-29-2008, 06:00 PM
I always hate having to say we head to the Magic Kingdom for the last time - the ending of the trip is always so bittersweet!

It was another wonderful day!

Bethis26fan
05-29-2008, 09:12 PM
Sounds like a great last full day.

pdrlkr
06-05-2008, 01:58 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey: