PDA

View Full Version : Planning w/o Disney's hours posted

LisRich
05-27-2008, 07:50 PM
I've pulled last year's hours in order to plan my ADR's in the very likely event the December dates aren't posted in time. Has anyone else tried this, and if so, how reliable is it? We will be there from Thursday, December 4th through Wednesday, December 10th - would I therefore refer to 2007 park hours for December 6th - 12th? :confused:

gerald72
05-27-2008, 08:53 PM
I would think that would be your best bet. Certain parks seem to usually have EMH on the same days. It's tough to make ADRs when the hours aren't released at the 180 day mark.

Donalds Duckie
05-27-2008, 09:02 PM
I'm doing the same thing for my Dec. ADRs.

My ADR window opens in 2 weeks (June 13). I was hoping Dec. hours would be up around June 1 but I'm doubting that since November hours still were'nt posted as of last night.

Hopefully, we'll be able to tweak ADRs a bit if we need to since everyone is booking their Dec. ADRs without park and EMH hours.

KylesMom
05-27-2008, 09:12 PM
While we've never gone in December, this is the strategy that we use for planning our summer schedule before the hours are out. The only times that EMH have differed in the past two or three years is that they took out a.m. EMH to accommodate Star Wars Weekends in June this year on Fridays. They may also add EMH as needed.

At least you can pencil in your plans, and tweek them if necessary. I also have a feeling that Disney is in the "wait and see" with bookings mode to confirm that the economy is going to substantiate offering all of the EMH they have in the past.

Happy Planning! :mickey:

MsMin
05-27-2008, 09:18 PM
I've done that before too and it helped. Has anyone else noticed or had difficulty making their ADR's at 180 days? My calendar (the Disney widget) said I was 178 days from my vacation and when I called they said I had to wait another day:confused: Angel (Here We Go Again...) had a similar experience...
Good luck w/ your planning...

KylesMom
05-27-2008, 09:28 PM
Has anyone else noticed or had difficulty making their ADR's at 180 days? My calendar (the Disney widget) said I was 178 days from my vacation and when I called they said I had to wait another day Yep - it's gotten to the point where I actually count the days on my Outlook calendar, because some computers do not take into account the "24 hour rule" (actual checkin). My guys with Apples at work are a day ahead of me in my countdown - to them I had 52 days as of today, but it was 52 days, 18 hours and some odd minutes - at which point Disney doesn't count those hours!

I remember the year I had my back surgery I was flat on my back, trying to make my ADRs and I couldn't 'cause I was early according to them. My, wasn't THAT frustrating!

elmjimmlm
05-27-2008, 10:09 PM
If they are not out by the end of June then I will have to do that too...I dont really want to go by last years calandar but I will if I have to...Just keep your fingers crossed...:)

RockinRollerMom
05-27-2008, 10:20 PM
I am in the same boat. My ADR day is June 5th and I have pretty much accepted the fact that the hours won't be posted.:mad:

It is challanging because Thansgiving was a week earlier last year. So I am just doing the best that I can and factoring in the dates of MVMCP.

I am booking as many ADR's as I can for restaurants that are easy to get to. (on the monorail line or epcot resorts etc.) Hopefully that will give me some flexiblilty when the hours are actually posted.

Sunshine1010
05-28-2008, 02:13 AM
I am also waiting for hours - December hours. And my planning is based on EMH hours, closing times, etc. Those things determine which parks I'll be in on certain days - which in turn - helps me decide which restaurants I will be going to.

I really want to figure this out and I hope the hours come soon....but I don't think they will.

faberj
05-28-2008, 10:31 AM
My day to make ADR's is June 9th. I have been going off of last years hours for making my adr's as well. I hope they post them soon, but if not I will just have to adjust if needed.

pugslave
05-28-2008, 11:00 AM
For some reason (probably because I am less than clueless when it comes to computers!) I cannot find December 2007 hours to use as a guideline. Can anyone help me out? THANKS!!

faberj
05-28-2008, 12:09 PM
For some reason (probably because I am less than clueless when it comes to computers!) I cannot find December 2007 hours to use as a guideline. Can anyone help me out? THANKS!!

This is what I used
http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/calendar/historical/historicalhours2007.asp
and then I made a spread sheet with my dates so it was easier for me to plan. If you would like PM me with your email and I can send you a copy. It has all of the parks, hours, fireworks, parades, MVMCP, and EMH AM and PM hours all color coded! :blush:

Taja
05-28-2008, 12:21 PM
Remember, MVMCP will run Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday in December.

Last year, evening EMH hours switched between MK and DHS to accommodate this. MK evening EMH switched from Sunday to Monday and DHS evening EMH switched from Monday to Sunday.

Just another little thing to consider when planning!

My ADR dates for my continuing room-only ressie opens on June 3rd. I'm arriving the day after Thanksgiving, but plan to vegetate through the remainder of the weekend. May be brave and go to a park on Sunday, but we'll see! :)

Belle1217
05-28-2008, 01:17 PM
My date to make ADR's is June 3rd. But I am very confused about how to go about checking the times from last year. Should I look at the day of the week ex. Mon., Tues., or the day of the month. I will be there from Nov.30-Dec.6
I am sorry but I am so confused. I think its because I know there are certain ADR's my famiy would like and they will be very upset if I do not get them. The pressure is killing me.
In general do the parks have EMH on the same days? I dont care about morning hours just night hours. But I dont get the park hopper so i stay in the same park all day. Thanks for your help. :(

Taja
05-28-2008, 01:36 PM
Look at the week and the month.

You'll be comparing your dates to the first full week in December last year.

November 30 will be an anomaly--it's the last day of the Thanksgiving weekend, which occured earlier last year.

Taja
05-28-2008, 01:38 PM
My date to make ADR's is June 3rd. But I am very confused about how to go about checking the times from last year. Should I look at the day of the week ex. Mon., Tues., or the day of the month. I will be there from Nov.30-Dec.6
I am sorry but I am so confused. I think its because I know there are certain ADR's my famiy would like and they will be very upset if I do not get them. The pressure is killing me.
In general do the parks have EMH on the same days? I dont care about morning hours just night hours. But I dont get the park hopper so i stay in the same park all day. Thanks for your help. :(

MVMCP will alter the MK and DHS evening EMH hours, based on December 2007 scheduling.

If 2008 follows the pattern in 2007, MK will switch evening EMH from Sunday to Monday and DHS will switch evening EMH from Monday to Sunday. Essentially, they are trading nights for the duration of MVMCP.

Edited to add:

Check post #13--MVMCP days to consider when planning which parks to attend. You probably won't want to schedule MK on a day when it closes at 7:00 p.m. if you're using base tickets!

GabbyJacobsmom
05-31-2008, 06:32 PM
FaberJ ~ sent you a PM to request the chart if possible.

We are going Dec 7 - 13th and this is our 1st time on property with the DDP and need all the help I can, since the hours may not be posted.

Thanks!

scootch713
05-31-2008, 08:33 PM
I am one of those waiting forever for November.. I went by last year(also went by what worked for us in the past as we have gone 4 times in Nov)... and it is anybody's guess as to what is happening down there and if there will be massive changes in the schedules or not.... lets hope things stay relatively unchanged from previous years or there is going to be a major tie up at the dining line to change all our reservations.