PDA

View Full Version : Questions

lovenmickey
05-27-2008, 04:52 PM
I am researching the possibility of a 3 day land 4 day sea cruise next may - how do I know what is included? We want to stay at the Beach Club with the dining plan - what is included when you book this plan? I have never done this before.... THANKS!!

TammiMcMan
05-27-2008, 05:12 PM
If you go to the DCL website, click on cruises and select the land/sea package. When that page pops up, you can click on the itinerary for WDW and see what you get for your money.

Basically though, if you want to book the package and your resort choice is BC, then you have to book a category 4, 5, 6 or 7 stateroom. The stateroom category defines the resort options.

If you book the 3 night land/4 night sea, you'll get 4 day magic your way park hopper tickets.

If you book the 4 night land/3 night sea, you'll get 5 day magic your way park hopper tickets.

If you want to add on the dining package, you'll get the following for each night of your "land" stay:

1 Table-Service Meal
Includes 1 entrée, 1 dessert (lunch or dinner only), 1 juice (breakfast only) and 1single serving non-alcoholic beverage, or 1 full buffet.

1 Quick-Service Meal
Includes 1 entrée or 1 Combo Meal, 1 dessert (lunch or dinner only), 1 juice (breakfast only) and 1 single serving non-alcoholic beverage.

1 Snack
Served at quick-service and snack-cart locations and might include items such as frozen ice-cream novelty, popsicle, fruit bar, popcorn scoop (single serving box), single serving grab bag of chips, single piece of whole fruit, 20-oz. bottle of Coke®, Diet Coke®, Sprite® or Dasani® water, medium fountain soft drink or juice, 12-oz coffee, hot chocolate or hot tea.

Tickets and dining would be for each member of your reservation.

Things that are extra include transportation and gratuities.

DisneyDudet
05-27-2008, 05:34 PM
If I were you, I would book seperately. This way, you can determine which resort you want, and what category stateroom you'd like. You can stay at Beach Club, and stay in a less expensive stateroom.

Usually it is cheaper to book seperately. You can book your MYW package at Beach Club for 4 days, then, if you book seperately, you can book a 4 days cruise in any stateroom category you'd like. You can still take advantange of the transportation from the resorts to the cruise, or vice versa. I would, also, spend my time at WDW before the cruise, since you can just relax for 3-4 days after going full blast for 4 days at WDW.

The cruise is GREAT... You'll Def want more than 3 days!

TammiMcMan
05-27-2008, 05:45 PM
Usually it is cheaper to book seperately.This is usually true, provided the guest doesn't want the package "as is". If they are happy with what DCL is offering though, it is typically less expensive when you compare the package vs separate as apples to apples.

DisneyDudet
05-27-2008, 09:22 PM
This is usually true, provided the guest doesn't want the package "as is". If they are happy with what DCL is offering though, it is typically less expensive when you compare the package vs separate as apples to apples.

That is why I said usually. Depending on what you really want, booking the Land/Sea can be cheaper, but I was just trying to explain that if they wanted more days, they do not HAVE to book with a package, like most people think.

TammiMcMan
05-28-2008, 11:04 AM
No problem Morgan. A poster in another thread got very confused when they priced out the same vacation two different ways and the package was less expensive. Since others had reported that it could cost less, I just wanted to clarify what that meant.

Apples to Apples almost always comes out with the package being less expensive (even when adding an extra day to the package).

For those that may want a lower level category, a value resort, or can lock in to free dining, will find that they can usually price out the components separately and save money.