PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever added an extra person in your ADR when checking in at podium?

mouseketeer mom
05-27-2008, 02:53 PM
...if so,
did Disney accomodate your party?

RockinRollerMom
05-27-2008, 03:18 PM
I have not tried to add a person when checking into the podium. I have tried to add a person to an ADR. They said we had to cancel the original ADR and book a totally new one. We were successful in doing that at 1 out of 2 restaurants that we wanted to change. My guess is that they would consider adding a person at the podium like a walk up. If they had the availability they would seat you, but it would not be guarenteed.

Seasonscraps
05-27-2008, 03:26 PM
I think it will depend on your original party size in relation to table sizes which accomodate even numbered parties. So if you are adding a 4th person, you are probably ok since a party of three would be sitting at a 4 person table. But to add a third person to a party of two would require a different sized table and may not be available.

Jasper
05-27-2008, 03:30 PM
We have done this on a couple of occasions in the past and it worked just fine. In most cases it was no big deal but there were a time or two when it took us a little longer to be seated. However I will also mention that we normally go to Disney World during the "slow" season and normally get the latest lunch seating possible so that may make a difference in how it is handled. (We normally only do one sit down meal per day and that is normally lunch)

The only restaurant where we had a real hard time squeezing in the extra person was at the Crystal Palace. However that was also the only time we tried it right at a noon seating when they were at peak capacity.

Guya103
05-27-2008, 03:44 PM
We actually just ran into this situation for our upcoming trip in late August. We added my mom on for a party of 7 from 6. Disney said that because many tables are set for 6 (or 4 or 2, etc) we needed to re-book are ressies. We did just that and were able to change them and still get everything we originally had. Only a few seating times changed but no great impacting difference.

I would call and change them that way it does not put the CMs or your party in an inconvenient position. Have a great trip!:mickey:

Cookie123
05-28-2008, 01:56 PM
I have done this many times with no complaints.

However, you should know that I was changing it at the very last minute from a party of ONE to a party of TWO.

buzznwoodysmom
05-28-2008, 07:28 PM
Lisa,

I have this exact same problem. My mom decided to join us on our Vero Beach/WDW vacation in two weeks and all my ADRs were already made. I was able to change all of them from 4 people to 5 except for Cape May Cafe breakfast. We'll just show up with 5 and see what happens. I'll let you know how it turns out.

comicguy
06-01-2008, 12:22 PM
In Jan '06 we did this same thing. WE had ADR's for LTT for 3 people. We ran into another family from our area and asked if they could be added to our ADR (we did this at LTT) they werre able to comply and said it might take a bit of extra time, but they sat both families at one table in about 5 minutes(of course, this was value season)