PDA

View Full Version : Dolphinmickey9170/ DisneyWhirled/ DWHubby Day 4

dolphinmickey9170
05-27-2008, 02:04 PM
THE CAST
ME - Kristen - 37 - Huge Disney fan - I eat sleep and dream about all things Disney. So fanatical that I drive Ben nuts with my constant talk of disney this and disney that.

DH - Ben - 43 - Fell in love with Disney on his very first trip (for our wedding at the Poly in 2006). He loved it so much, he bought me DVC for our wedding. Infatuated with pins, buying mostly, but will trade on occasion.

DD - Katy - 17 - Loves Disney almost as much as I do. She takes care of our DGD everyday while her mommy (Jenn) works.

DGD - Keara - 19 months - Loves Lella (Cinderella), Mickey, Tinkerbell and Pooh.

DisneyWhirled - Karen
DWHubby - John
Colby - 9
Kaylee - 5

Sunday - May 18th It’s Intercot Ice Cream Parlor Meet day!! The alarm goes off at 6am and we are out the door by 7. We catch a bus right away to MK, but we have to go all the way around as there is a marathon today that is blocking the roads. We get to MK at 735 and go through the gates snapping pictures of a basically empty park. We check in at 8 and are seated right away. We sit and Pooh comes right up. Keara sees him coming and laughs, but as soon as he got within an arms length and an inch, she cowers. She is afraid of the animal characters. We enjoy a fabulous breakfast and head out just in time to see the Main Street Singers -- We’re walking right down the middle of Main Street USA!! What a fabulous little show. We love it! Then we head right for Space Mountain for our first ride of the day then to CoP. Then we head for Buzz, TTA, Monsters Inc (That Guy was great, playing right along!!) and then we head for Toontown. Our first stop was the princess meet and greet. Keara was so cute with the princesses. She loves Cinderella (http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2602573060042804337VjVkTe), calling her “Lella,“ and kisses and hugs her. She also sees Aurora (http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2433419950042804337LXcmZc) in pink and Belle (http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2821234360042804337yhaEPj) in her beautiful yellow gown. We wander around the shops, and Karen surprises me with two jibbitz for my new crocs. Yes, I got the black ones. She got me a Mickey Mouse and a castle. They are so cool. I love them and I love her for being such a great person!! I snap this picture of Colby (http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2162795100042804337lprhWe)being Stitch!! We decide to look toward the tear drop to see if any characters are out. We see Prince John and Mr. Smee, then we hop on the train for a complete round plus two. We get off at Frontier Land and get FP for Splash, then go wait in standby for BTMR. This is what Keara and Kaylee (http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2723977250042804337dByIWH) were doing while we were riding. After thunder, we head to Pecos Bill’s for snacks. The chili cheese fries are still a snack credit!! Yippie. The CM taking care of us gives us three free sodas. A little magic I guess. We invite him to join our mini meet tonight, but he gracefully declines. We all enjoy our snacks and head for Splash. What fun that is. Only a few drops of liquid and we are all set. It was fabulous!! I think this was the first time I hadn't gotten soaked. Then we head for Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Hall of Presidents and a quick view in the Christmas shop. We head to Plaza hoping they can seat us a little early for our dinner and they do. We have some great sammies and skip dessert knowing we are having our ice cream parlor meet in just an hour. We set up a sidewalk right outside of the ice cream parlor and Jami, a CM, asks us to slide down just a bit. We have a personal body guard in Jami as she assists us in keeping the space for us while we wait for the others to arrive. She helped me pin up a sign, that I made while eating dinner, that said, “Intercot Ice Cream Parlor Meet.” As one member found out, Jami was also our directionist. She saw someone carrying a sign, “Looking for Intercotees,” and sent them our way. We had Tigger9000 and her fabulous family from Nebraska. She has some beautiful children. A very nice family. We hope to meet you again someday. Then guess who appears? I bet ya can’t…….Capt Jessica Sparrow. She is one awesome gal!! It starts to rain, she assists us with getting rain gear and bags for sitting. She is just all around great fun and and we have great conversations. A few folks got some snacks and drinks as we waited in the rain. It stopped after about 20 minutes, but it was a cold rain, so now we are all a bit chilly, but as soon as the rain clouds pushed off, the humidity flew in. YUK!

We snap this picture (http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2106363050042804337LMYvlx) of our mini meet. From L to R, Tigger9000, Dolphinmickey9170, DWHubby, DisneyWhirled and Capt. Jessica Sparrow.

It’s time for Spectro so we all take our spaces on the curb and here it comes. They seem to be behind schedule as the floats are just flying by really fast. It started a little late and Jessica explains they are supposed to be in a certain place by a certain time, so they had to kick it up a notch to get done in time. Kind of weird, but still good. We all decided not to hang on for Wishes as we are all tired and Keara decides she has had enough and starts yelling and fussing so we head for the Contemporary to catch a cab. We get to the crosswalk to Contemporary and turn around just in time to see Tink fly. AWESOME!! Before we hail a cab we make a quick stop upstairs on the concourse to see the shops (http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2422102350042804337muZRUV). Then downstairs to catch cab, $14.25 and we are home….resting, writing trip reports, checking emails etc. It’s wind down time and Ben is snoring as I type. He is too funny! He doesn’t do late nights very well. Well, off to bed - no alarm for tomorrow.

Up next - My final exam! UGH!! Why?!?

MauiMouse
05-27-2008, 03:29 PM
Your little mini meet sounded like a lot of fun. :thumbsup:

Another great day for everyone at Magic Kingdom. Thanks for sharing. :mickey:

kakn7294
05-27-2008, 04:51 PM
Sounds like another great day! I wish I could have been there for the Intercot meet. From your pic though, I now know for a fact that it was Captain Jessica Sparrow that I met in the Emporium last August - I didn't know it at the time though. She is a great person and it was obvious that night that she's good at her job and loves it. Keara looks so cute with the Princesses.

tinkerbell04
05-27-2008, 05:45 PM
What a great day. It is nice to put some faces with the names :) On to read the rest....

wdwgrl377
05-27-2008, 06:10 PM
What a great day!!! How cool that was to meet others in WDW! I love doing that! Great pic of y'all from the mini meet!! On to read more! This is great! :mickey:

SBETigg
05-27-2008, 06:14 PM
Thanks for sharing the mini-meet picture. How fun!

ChipnDaleGal
05-27-2008, 09:39 PM
I am so glad that you had a good time at your Intercot meet. So much fun to be able to share WDW with like minded people. Thanks for the report.:mickey:

cal5755
05-28-2008, 12:09 AM
The mini meet sounded like such fun... I think it is great to put faces with names! I love love love the pictures of Keara with the princesses!! What wonderful memories you are creating with her... and I love the picture of the "sleeping beauties". Your trip has been amazing so far.... despite the bit of rain!!

CaptainJessicaSparrow
05-28-2008, 01:05 AM
Yay! See, now all of Intercot knows what I look like to find me! Especially, when you get to the next days, when I'm im plaid!

Tiggerlovr9000
05-28-2008, 07:25 AM
Thanks, it was really great to meet your family too.

DizNee143
05-28-2008, 11:12 AM
yet another great day!!
sounds like you all had fun at the mini intercot meet!!
:mickey:

faline
05-29-2008, 01:01 PM
It's always fun to meet other Intercotees! Nice day!

Bethis26fan
05-29-2008, 08:13 PM
sounds like another great day

pdrlkr
06-05-2008, 01:30 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey: