PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Christmas displays @ resorts?

Dsnygirl
05-27-2008, 12:51 PM
:tree: So, I'm looking at all the Christmas info out there, and there are so many neat gingerbread displays at all the different resorts... and I know that we won't be able to get to all of them!!

So - for those of you who have been down at Christmastime and have done the "tour", which ones did you find the most amazing/imaginative/not to be missed? I'm sure they're all beautiful, but if any stood out to you, I'd love to know which ones so we can have an idea where we'd like to prioritize going! Thanks! :deer:

faline
05-27-2008, 12:57 PM
Are you looking for information on the gingerbread displays or holiday decorations in general?

My favorite resorts for holiday decorations, in general, are the Grand Floridian and Wilderness Lodge. For gingerbread displays, you can't beat the giant gingerbread house a the Grand Floridian. I've also seen some elaborate and impressive gingerbread displays at the Contemporary.

ibrowse17
05-27-2008, 01:03 PM
While the Wilderness Lodge and GF are not to be missed, I would strongly suggest that you take some time to see the decorations at Ft. Wilderness campground. The campers really do a great job decorating their sites, and they will really blow you away with their efforts:thumbsup:

Dsnygirl
05-27-2008, 01:10 PM
Are you looking for information on the gingerbread displays or holiday decorations in general?

I'm going to say the gingerbread displays, mostly... unless there are some decorations that are "not to be missed", as well.... :thumbsup:

wvgoofyfan
05-27-2008, 01:33 PM
Also, not to be missed the displays at the Beach and Yacht Clubs. Beautiful! You must see the Horse Carousel!

Bethis26fan
05-27-2008, 03:20 PM
The giant gingerbread house at the Grand Floridian

Bri798
05-27-2008, 03:33 PM
I love disney at christmas time. The boardwalk and Grand Floridian are my favorite displays, however i have been there when the Animal Kingdom Lodge did a fantastic display, but i do not know if they still do it.

Suz36
05-28-2008, 09:39 PM
The gingerbread house at GF and the gingerbread carousel at Beach Club were our favorites. The smell alone is worth the trip!! There is also an impressive gingerbread house at The American Adventure in EPCOT, if gingerbread is your thing. Also, if you're doing the MK monorail tour, it's worth a hop out at the Poly - they had a bunch of normal sized gingerbread houses on display on the 2nd floor of the GCH. They looked like they'd been done by regular cast members, not pastry chefs - very cute!