PDA

View Full Version : Re-booking on the ship questions...

Dsnygirl
05-27-2008, 10:42 AM
Okay, this question is WAY premature, but it is also for a friend who is cruising this fall, not just me. :blush:

When you're onboard and have the chance to book your next cruise at a discount, does anybody know what the discount typically is, or does it change at different times?

I'm assuming you have to put a deposit down with your new booking... is it the same amount as what you put down when you book in advance from home?

Do they "hold" any rooms for folks who re-book onboard for a cruise that is not that far away? (i.e. you cruise in October, and decide to re-book for the following summer or fall... only 8-10 months away, when the ships tend to be more full and thus more expensive, less rooms to choose from...)

Thanks guys! :thanks:

DisneyDudet
05-27-2008, 02:11 PM
I do not believe they "hold" staterooms for rebookers, but I do not know for sure.

As far as a discount, it is usually a 10% off, plus onboard credit. For week long cruises, they typically offer $200 OBC. Longer cruises might have more, and shorter cruises might have less OBC offered.

The deposit is the same percentage that you would pay from home, but each cruise is differently priced, so there is no one single amount your deposit will be.

I hope this helps! We plan on booking one of the new iteneraries for the Eastern while we're on board in a month!

Capt. Sparrow
05-28-2008, 03:00 PM
I just got back from a cruise on the Wonder this past Sunday and I think the only thing that they were offering if you booked your next cruise while on board was the $200 OBC. They did not specify if it was more for a 7 night or longer cruise, but for the 4 day they were offering $200 OBC.

Hope this helps!

DisneyDudet
05-28-2008, 04:41 PM
I just got back from a cruise on the Wonder this past Sunday and I think the only thing that they were offering if you booked your next cruise while on board was the $200 OBC. They did not specify if it was more for a 7 night or longer cruise, but for the 4 day they were offering $200 OBC.

Hope this helps!

Interesting.... I've heard its 10% off. I don't know if booking so early on board is worth it without the discount.

I guess I'll have to research it more.

Mulan
05-30-2008, 06:41 PM
Can't remember what the discount was, but the deposit was the same as if you would book it from home. The 7-night was $250 per person. Just so happen on the last night of our cruise, I won part of the jackpot BINGO (had to split it 3 ways). So I ran and booked our next cruise. But had to cancel it due to becoming pregnant.:D Now finally that baby :mickey:is 5 and we've rebooked that cruise.

Tinkermom
05-31-2008, 07:47 PM
We re-booked onboard in February for an October 2009 7 night Eastern cruise. We got 10% off plus $200 on board credit. If we re-booked for a 3 or 4 night cruise it was still 10% off plus a $100 on-board credit.

The deposit was $250 per person.

The do not hold rooms for re-booking. You get whatever is available.

You can also move your date as often as you wish and keep the 10% discount and the OBC. Just remember though that you will also be paying the current going rate for that cruise. So if you book a cruise 1 or more years out but then decide to go in 6 months (assuming there is space) you still get 10% off but you will get the 10% off of the going rate for that cruise.

It also works the other way. If you want to push your cruise back you keep your 10% and your OBC. :mickey: