PDA

View Full Version : I can't stand CRO sometimes

wmdaddy
05-27-2008, 08:04 AM
Quick background. Decided to switch our summer reservation from Wilderness to the Polynesian. Unfortunately, they didn't have 1 room at the Poly for the entire 13 nights. I had met a TA on another board a while back. Very nice woman. She said she would keep checking if she could get me in to the Poly for the entire time. Within a week, she found something. I don't like using TA's as they're usually slow as heck getting back to you and you can't handle your reservation direct, but we really wanted the Poly for the entire time, so I went with her. This is where Disney ticks me off:

We had 3 reservations:
1 was for the first week at the Poly.
2 was for 2nd week at the WL.
3 was for 2nd room at WL for 2nd week.

Obviously, we wanted to get a AAA or AP discount if available. TA said it was, but only for certain nights, at the beginning and end of trip. So Disney forces her to make 3 seperate reservations for each "leg" of the trip. Now, the whole thing with the exception of about $200 was paid off already. Instead of just switching the money paid over to the new reservations, they refunded my credit card, supposedly. I say supposedly because there's still about $1,400 that hasn't shown up yet.

The next part that stinks, is because of the type of reservation it is, Disney won't allow me to pay the balance off until we check in. This doesn't seem like a big deal, but I don't like leaving that much money in my bank account. Twice in the past year alone, I've had to get a new debit card, because somewhere that I shopped had their system breached. One of those times I actually had money stolen from my account.

In addition, I have to waste time on my vacation to check out and check back in, not once, but TWICE!

Why the heck does Disney have to make everything so complicated? It's not like the resorts are privately owned and have seperate accounts. All the money goes to the same place. Easy solution - Make the customer happy:

1.Change reservation so there's only one confirmation number.
2.Let me pay balance off with credit card.

What is so difficult about that? Instead, I have to leave over $3,000 in my checking account for 2 more months. I'll have to check in and check out 3 times.

TheRustyScupper
05-27-2008, 09:04 AM
1) I am sorry you do not understand the Disney reservation system.
2) Most separate reservations require check-outs and check-ins.
3) Because of you r discounted days, you need separate ressies.
4) As for paying in advance, you can send a check in.
5) They might object to a "room only" prepayment, but you can do it.

NOTE: Disney has a computer system that was devised in the 1980's for Las Vegas gambling resorts. It was ported to Disney with very few changes. There has been no major upgrades, expect to put on a GUI front-end interface last year. Disney says it would be too expensive. Don't expect any changes soon - or ever in the base system.

dizneeat
05-27-2008, 12:55 PM
I have had lots of room only reservations (with and without AP discount) and ALWAYS paid them off beforehand. Last one in December. No problem. Just call them and let them know you want to pay the rest.
Checking in and out is no big problem. Have done that before without any problems, just let them know when you check in for the first time that you would like to stay in the same room.

Donalds Duckie
05-27-2008, 09:11 PM
I've always paid my WDW room only reservations in advance. Far enough in advance that I've also paid the credit card statement before I head to WDW. I've never been told I couldn't.

KylesMom
05-27-2008, 09:47 PM
It all depends on A) who you book with; and B) how they book it. We always contact MJ & they handle our ressie so that we're able to pay off the whole thing before we get there. However, this has come up before & Nanci @ MJ explained why it happens. It's all in how the actual booking is handled on whether or not you can pay the full amount up front. Unfortunately I'm not graced with the words on how to explain it right now!

Suffice it to say, some ressies can be paid in full before your arrival, and some can't - or at least, if they can, Disney will not claim to be able to take your money until you arrive. See Rusty's comments on how to prepay if you need to (and are being told by Disney that you can't). We've booked both AAA and A/P rates (room only for years), and have had no problem paying off the balance a month before we arrive.

wdwnomad
05-27-2008, 10:55 PM
If you are worried about not having the money you have saved for the trip you can always purchase a Disney gift card with what you have saved. You can use them to pay when you check in.

My neice's school has a Scrip program where you buy gift cards from companies, Disney in this case, and a certain percentage goes back to the school and her tuition. Because of that almost all of my trips are paid with gift cards, from paying off the package to speing money. I have never had a problem using them.

I always take some precautions with them because I am dealing with a large some of money. I photocopy them and save the receipts. This is what you would need to get them replaced if they are lost or stolen. Knock on wood this has never happened.

You can can order them directly from Disney or purchase them from a Disney Store. You can put whatever you want on a card up to $1000.

wmdaddy
05-28-2008, 08:05 AM
My TA got Disney to change the reservation so it could be paid off in advance. She explained to them that I didn't want to leave the money in my account and it shouldn't be put on me to go search out different means of paying.

I'm not a picky person when it comes to Disney - Really, I'm not. Some of their policies are just silly.

BrerGnat
05-28-2008, 12:38 PM
I'm glad at least part of your problem was solved.

I agree...Disney has some strange "rules" about bookings. And their system (both online and through CRO) is awful. I really think they should invest some money, even if it's "expensive" to bring it up to snuff for the year 2008...