PDA

View Full Version : Bomas? Help....

tink03
05-27-2008, 07:56 AM
Ok so here we go, we have a ressie for Bomas at 9 am. I need to know if it is orth it to take the bus from the resort to MK then a bus to Bomas then a bus to AK . Is that to much hopping to just have breakfast or what? I wish there was a bus you could take to go resort to resort?:confused:

Sept 08 POR :cloud9:
Sept 07 CBR
May 06 POR
June 04 CBR
June 84 offsite

RockinRollerMom
05-27-2008, 08:33 AM
I too thought of trying Boma for breakfast on our next trip. I opted not to, because it just seemed like a lot of travel time for a breakfast. There are a lot of other great places to eat breakfast that are a lot easier to get to. Maybe Kona cafe or 1900 Park Fare's Mary Poppins breakfast buffet. Both are on the monorail line which are a lot easier to get to. I decided to go to Boma for dinner and try other restaurants for breakfast. I'm sure that getting to AKL in the morning is do-able, but that early in the morning I normally just want to get to the parks.

Mickey'sGirl
05-27-2008, 09:05 AM
You can always take a taxi. They are always available at the front of any of the resorts..... Trying some of the other resort restaurants is really worth the fare. (I would estimate it at about $20 between any two locations). :mickey:

...and RockinRollerMom -- you will love the breakfast at 1900 Park Fare! It is terrific food and terrific fun!

diz_girl
05-27-2008, 11:34 AM
If you're staying at POR, why are you going to AKL via the MK? It would be easier and quicker to take a bus from POR to AK and then from AK to AKL. The bus from AK to AKL was quick, as AKL doesn't share transportation with another resort and the lodge is close to the park. You can then take a bus from AKL to whatever park you want to attend that day. Maybe do AK, since you're already nearby.

Hull-onian
05-27-2008, 11:40 AM
We had ressies for Boma's for breakfast. If you take a taxi, it will be real quick. I advise that you get there at 8:30 a.m. It is better to be earlier for your ressie. We ended up cancelling our ressie for Boma and going to Rainforest Cafe outside Animal Kingdom instead. That being said, we did take taxi's on several occasions and it worked out very good.

KineGirl
05-27-2008, 11:43 AM
If you're staying at POR, why are you going to AKL via the MK? It would be easier and quicker to take a bus from POR to AK and then from AK to AKL. The bus from AK to AKL was quick, as AKL doesn't share transportation with another resort and the lodge is close to the park. You can then take a bus from AKL to whatever park you want to attend that day. Maybe do AK, since you're already nearby.

If you plan on sticking to your ressies and dont want to take a taxi, I would have to agree that this is your best option.

Jambo!