PDA

View Full Version : ADR List: Your Reviews/Insights Needed!

Atayah
05-26-2008, 10:07 PM
Hi! It's been a few years since I've been in the swing of things here in this community, but now I have a reason to: our upcoming trip in September!

We spent the day perusing menus, and here are our planned ADR for our "table service" dinners.

California Grill
Yak and Yeti
Le Cellier
Kona Cafe
Coral Reef (or Teppan Edo)

Alternates:
Teppan Edo (Or Coral Reef)
Nine Dragons
Tusker House

Some notes:

The two Asian restaraunts are alternates as we eat and have access to delicious Asian food quite regularly where we live.

However, Coral Reef vs. Teppan Edo: is the atmosphere worth trading for delicious sushi?

We'll be staying at the AKL, Concierge level (if you haven't been on a real vacation in years, might as well go all out, right?) -- for this reason, we've taken out Boma from our plans, since most of the lounge food will be Boma-esque. Good move?

Yes, lots of meals at Epcot. It's cool, it's our favorite park.

The alternates will probably fill in for one extra dinner, depending on our plans.
We've yet to make our "counter service" daily plans -- that comes next!

Thanks in advance!

Friend of Figment
05-26-2008, 11:12 PM
Nine Dragons is closing soon for a major refurb, so it may not be open.

I really like Yak and Yeti and while it is Asian influenced it isn't a "Chinese" restaurant.

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
05-27-2008, 02:09 PM
We haven't been to Y&Y since it opened but the other choices are fantastic. The Coral and Teppan is a coin toss because we love Coral but Teppan is awesome. LeCellier and Cali Grill are unbelievable and two of our favs. Kona (or Ohana's) is always an excellent choice with great food.

BelleLovesTheBeast
05-27-2008, 03:12 PM
We really enjoyed Coral Reef. The lobster roll sandwich was delicious.

I haven't been to Le Cellier, Cali Grill or Y&Y but will be trying all of them on our next trip. Sounds like really good choices to me. ENJOY!

StillSimbaGirl
05-27-2008, 07:35 PM
Coral Reef was our one truly BAD experience...the atmosphere is only cool if you mange to get seated near the fish (we did not). The food was really not very good (I like seafood) and one thing we ordered (some appetizer) was so icky, none of us ate it - although we all tried to.

I've enjoyed everywhere else...so, one bad experience out of many...

wdw_bound
05-27-2008, 08:56 PM
Your choices look great! We are in the minority on this board, but our family does not go nuts for Boma. It was only ok for us, and with so many great options at WDW, why go back if you aren't bowled over?

The one suggestion I have is that if Le Cellier is really important to you, be prepared to be very flexible. I just made ADRs for October, and there was nothing available for dinner the entire week we are going (and we couldn't do lunch, so it will have to wait for another trip).

We all loved coral reef! The atmosphere was great, and the food was very good. The only problem we had was that we had to wait a really long time to be seated, which was tough with two little ones.

Enjoy!!!

Bri
05-27-2008, 09:06 PM
We didn't like Coral Reef and I wouldn't suggest it. We went on the DDP but I would have been really upset if we had to pay for that meal. The food wasjust alright and it's very overpriced. We have not been to Teppen Edo yet but we have been there when it was Teppanyaki Dining Room and we loved it.

KAT1811
05-27-2008, 10:22 PM
California Grill Love it! We had a fabulous meal on our last trip. The view alone is worth the visit. The service was some of the best I have had anywhere (and I can be a bit hard to please in the dining arena)! Go and have a great time. Make sure you take some time to go out on the observation deck and look around.

Yak and Yeti Never eaten here and to tell you the truth I do not plan to anytime soon. We are not big Asian food people.

Le Cellier We like it. We used to love it but I was a bit disappointed with our service on our last trip. We had a large group (15 people) so maybe that had something to do with it, or amybe it was the DDP. Anyhow we are returning on our next trip because DH does not want to have to leave the park for dinner (we were going to do the Yachtman).

Kona Cafe Haven't eaten here either alothough I have heard some wonderful things.

Coral Reef (or Teppan Edo) Neither one really grab me but if I had to choose between the two I would go for Coral Reef (for the aquarium views)

Alternates:
Teppan Edo (Or Coral Reef)

Nine Dragons We did eat here and liked it, a bit quieter than the other WS eateries.

Tusker House

Sorry for the honesty. Personally I love to get people's true reactions, hope you do to. :blush: Have a great trip!!!! :mickey:

Natazu
05-27-2008, 10:37 PM
Your choices are all very good. Truth is, if you have a great Japanese Steakhouse at home, why use a cherished dinner slot on the same thing at Disney? Remember, California Grill has delicious sushi too.