PDA

View Full Version : Last Minute Questions

tarzan_rocks
05-26-2008, 08:57 PM
As I expected I would, I have some last minute questions as we get ready for our cruise. These are probably not my last.

1. Is there any sort of transportation on Castaway Cay? My mother is on low dose chemotherapy and gets winded easily. She does great for short distances, but tires easily trying to cover long distances.

2. Do they allow beach toys at Castaway Cay; inflatables, kick boards, noodles, etc? I assumed they did, but my wife who is more observant, pointed out that she hadn't seen them in any photos.

3. Are there reasonably accessible ice machines on the ship like there are at hotels?

Also, is there anything anyone would like me to check out for them? I'll be on the four-day Wonder with Castaway Cay double dip.

Thanks for your help as always.

tr

SgtTigger
05-26-2008, 09:14 PM
I believe your room steward can keep your room full of ice.......

Hey look for me.... Ill be on the same cruise............

My pic is in my avatar.....

:cop: :tigger:

DisneyDudet
05-26-2008, 11:24 PM
1. Is there any sort of transportation on Castaway Cay? My mother is on low dose chemotherapy and gets winded easily. She does great for short distances, but tires easily trying to cover long distances.

There is a tram from *near* the dock to the farmily beach, but it is a smidge of a walk to the tram. I have read that there are some beach wheelchairs that are designed to be taken on sand. I would inquire about them at Guest Relations on Deck three when you arrive.

2. Do they allow beach toys at Castaway Cay; inflatables, kick boards, noodles, etc? I assumed they did, but my wife who is more observant, pointed out that she hadn't seen them in any photos.

I'm pretty sure you're allowed, seeing as I've never seen anyting to say you WEREN'T allowed. I would assume most people just don't pack it. I know people bring their own pails, snorkel equip., so I don't see why you couldn't bring your own floatie stuff.

3. Are there reasonably accessible ice machines on the ship like there are at hotels?

I never saw any ice machines, except those at the drink station. You can ask your room host/hostess to bring it to you. Last time our hostess asked what time of day we wanted ours, and we said night, because we tend to drink quite a bit of water in the evenings.

As far as finding things out for us... hmmm.... If you happen to get off at Nassau, and make it to the Straw Market, I was just wondering what kind of selection they have. You don't have to make it a special trip, just if you were planning on going. That's basically all the questions I have, at this point! Come about 2 weeks, and I'll be in your place.

Have a great cruise, Tarzan_rocks and SgtTigger

tarzan_rocks
05-27-2008, 08:26 AM
Thanks for the information. Unfortunately, we don't plan on getting off the ship in Nassau. There isn't anything about Nassau that sounds attractive to us, plus it will be an opportunity to explore the ship when it is hopefully less crowded. We hope to participate in some of the kids club activities that day.

tr

Mulan
05-27-2008, 10:28 AM
There is a tram, but you have to walk alittle ways to get to it. It is like a tram used at the parks to transport guest from the parking lot to the entrance.

You can bring your own things to the beach, but you have to pack and lug them around. I can't seem to get a float to look like it did when I first get it out of the package! You can rent floats there on at Castaway Cay.

Just tell your room stewart when you want ice. They are great at getting it for you!

DisneyDudet
05-27-2008, 02:14 PM
Thanks for the information. Unfortunately, we don't plan on getting off the ship in Nassau. There isn't anything about Nassau that sounds attractive to us, plus it will be an opportunity to explore the ship when it is hopefully less crowded. We hope to participate in some of the kids club activities that day.

tr

This is our plan as well. We were just thinking that if the pools starting getting a little too crowded after lunch time, that we might step off on Nassau a bit. I have seen some Navigators, and there aren't a lot of things going on while in Nassau, so we might. Its really just an option for us, but we'll spend most of our time on the ship this day.

Ed
05-27-2008, 05:59 PM

You're the one with the stripes, right?

:D

SgtTigger
05-27-2008, 08:53 PM

You're the one with the stripes, right?

:D

Yep that would be me Ed.................. :huh:

Wait no not the one in orange stripes.............

:cop: :tigger:

tarzan_rocks
05-29-2008, 09:25 PM
As expected, I have another question...

When we go to Walt Disney World we make lanyard tags for the kids with information to help cast members find us if they were to become separated.

As I understand it, they issue bar coded wristbands to the kids when they check into the Oceaneers Club. Do they wear the wristbands only during the time they are checked into the club? Can they wear them outside the club? If so, will cast members be able to use them to identify our children? If so, we may forgo the lanyard thing on the cruise.

tr

LW_DFREAK
05-29-2008, 10:32 PM
Kids wear the wristbands for the entire cruise. They will check the wristbands when they are checked in and out of the club. You are not suppose to remove them. :mickey:

TammiMcMan
05-29-2008, 11:22 PM
Actually, the kids are free to remove them when they aren't in the kids club. They just reissue a new one when you check them back in. Depending on age and sensitivity issues, they may not be very comfortable to leave on all the time and it's not something that can be put back on once removed.

Again, depending on age, my kids love wearing the lanyards. They're very convenient to hold the room key, arcade cards and receipts for the smoothie drinks they love to buy on deck :thumbsup:.

Mulan
05-30-2008, 06:34 PM
If kids are wearing the wrist bands and they get lost, the bar code can help identify them (even outside of the clubs).