PDA

View Full Version : OKW - Bus Route ?

Momof2boys
05-26-2008, 03:18 PM
Does anyone know the route that the busses take thru Old Key West ?

Thanks !

Maleficent's Dad
05-26-2008, 03:39 PM
Stops in order:

Bus enters resort, then...
1. Peninsular
2. South Point
3. Old Turtle Pond
4. Miller's Road
5. Hospitality House

Here's the ONE problem with the loop. If it's later - perhaps after 7 or 8 PM, and no one is departing at certain stops (ie: Turtle Pond or Miller's), buses will SKIP those stops. I've personally witnessed this on several occasions where the driver announces/asks if anyone is getting off there. If not, s/he will "blow off" that stop. I was on several buses where this occurred in December. It only happens at night and when a driver *assumes* that no one will be getting on that late at those stops heading to the specific destination.

They never skip the HH stop.

KineGirl
05-26-2008, 03:52 PM
Ive been on buses where they start at HH and end at Miller. But they never start or end in the middle :thumbsup:

Maleficent's Dad
05-26-2008, 09:42 PM
Ive been on buses where they start at HH and end at Miller.
Wow! I've never seen a bus not go go the HH for its final stop... Do they really go from Miller's Road and then out of the resort?!?! I thought the policy was that all buses stopped at the HH so that people could use any bus as an internal shuttle...

KineGirl
05-26-2008, 10:04 PM
Wow! I've never seen a bus not go go the HH for its final stop... Do they really go from Miller's Road and then out of the resort?!?! I thought the policy was that all buses stopped at the HH so that people could use any bus as an internal shuttle...

Oh yes! Im not sure if its a "supposed to do thing" or not but after staying at OKW for 14 years now Ive seen it a few times. Its always been kind of confusing to us when it happens because we like to think we know the resort and bus route inside out. It just throws us off track. Maybe they were new to OKW drivers?? Who knows. But the route you stated is usually the norm

hubbyofadisneyholic
05-26-2008, 10:23 PM
I have seen buses skip HH on the way out ( I got an unplanned ride to Downtown Disney) and at night have had drivers refuse to let us get on at Peninsular Rd to go back to South Point because the park they were making the run from was closed and they didn't understand English well enough (or didn't care) that we just wanted to go to the next stop.:mad: