PDA

View Full Version : Review of Brown Derby for lunch--May 2008

O'MalleytheAlleyCat
05-26-2008, 12:46 PM
Date: 5/24/08
Time: 11:30
Participants: DH, DS(16), DD(12) and myself

We have never eaten at the Brown Derby and decided to do so on this very short Memorial Day weekend trip. I didn’t call for the ADR until about one week prior and had no trouble getting in for lunch at 11:30. That surprised me a bit, but we were very glad! We arrived at the podium about 11:15 and they were taking names and said we’d be called shortly. They didn’t call anyone until the officially opened at 11:30, but we were soon on our way to our half-circle shaped booth. Our waiter, Fonzie was fabulous. He knew just what to ask and made some great suggestions. DS was going to order the appetizer shrimp for his entrée, but Fonzie informed him there were only 2 large shrimp in that, so he ordered the Orecchiette pasta with shrimp instead. He liked that a lot….said the pasta and shrimp were very tasty. DD ordered the BBQ breast of chicken and said it was also very good. I ordered the Cobb salad and thought it was very good. I’m not a huge blue cheese fan, and was disappointed whenever I got a bite with a big hunk of that but the salad was really quite good. The kitchen originally forgot to put the dressing on it, but Fonzie went right back and got some, then tossed the salad for me at the table. DH got what we all felt was the best meal of the day, which was some kind of ribeye steak. It had a fabulous flavor and was cooked perfectly. After the entrees, we decided to order a couple of desserts to share. DD and I had the flourless chocolate cake….a bit of heaven, almost like fudge! The boys shared a crème brulee since they are both big fans of that dessert. They both had great things to say about it.

All in all, a wonderful, relaxing meal in the middle of a hot day with great food, attentive staff and a fabulous atmosphere. Our family has decided that getting to the parks early and having a larger lunch at a sit-down restaurant when it opens works well for us. We will definitely eat here again.

Mickey'sGirl
05-26-2008, 01:04 PM
Wendy -- other than the blue cheese -- it sounds like everyone really enjoyed their food. Our first (and only) experience at the Brown Derby in October was also fabulous! We tend to prefer a nice cool lunch to dinner for the most part, and the Brown Derby sure does it really well! We plan on doing it again. Thanks for your review! :thumbsup:

tinkerbell04
06-01-2008, 10:17 AM
Thanks for the review, it sounds like it was a great meal.

Crow
06-01-2008, 01:04 PM
sounds good. its been a few trips since i ate there some Im thinking about it for Sept

drhama
06-01-2008, 01:20 PM
Thanks for the review. We will be having lunch there in September. I love Cobb salad and the shrimp sounds good too. Tough choices. Can't wait.