PDA

View Full Version : Another question about flights

fanofdisney
05-26-2008, 12:20 PM
I've been watching both SW and Airtran. We like to take a later flight home so we can still enjoy going to a park on the day we leave. Airtran had a nonstop flight home at 7 pm which was great but now that I check again that flight is no longer listed and the latest nonstop leaves at 3:50. Do they change/cancel flight times often or could that flight be competely booked? They have a cheaper flight to MCO right now than SW. SW hasn't released any flights yet for the date we need to come home. As you can see I am a little anxious about getting our flights taken care of. My DH says it's all a gamble and I need to be a little more patient. I want to check this off my list and buy before flights get too expensive. Although from what you have been telling me it looks like many of you get great deals a couple of months out. Thanks for your help.

faline
05-26-2008, 01:18 PM
How far into the future is your flight? With oil prices the way the are, it's hard to know what airlines are going to do. Many will decide to consolidate flights whenever possible. Many people like to take late flights home so if your travel time is not that far distant, the evening flight you wanted might be full.

fanofdisney
05-26-2008, 04:11 PM
We are looking for flights Oct 25 and Nov 1. That is one of the reasons I was wondering if Airtran had canceled the flight instead of it being full already. It just seems early to be sold out. I am hesitant to fly Airtran if they change/cancel flight often.

sillyolbear
05-26-2008, 04:40 PM
The farther out you book the more chance the flight might be changed and that is with any airline. I don't think Air Tran is any better or worse than any other.

But as already posted--fuel prices mean that there is a healthy chance that flights will be consolidated to reduce capacity and save the airlines some money.