PDA

View Full Version : DTD layout questions

snerd475
05-26-2008, 10:48 AM
I'm planning on going to La Nouba in December (hopefully, that calendar won't take as long as the Nov hours one!), but I've never been to DTD.
I'm staying at AKL. Should we take the bus over, or drive? Is parking nightmarish there? \
What is the layout like? Is La Nouba centrally located, so we could just walk to dinner somewhere ( I haven't yet decided, but Portabello menu looks good to me - any advice is appreciated).
Is there a map anywhere on Intercot of the DTD area?

Thanks!

IloveDisney71
05-26-2008, 11:35 AM
I would definitely take the bus. Parking at DTD is always a challenge for me. I never seem to be able to find a spot unless I go during the day. La Nouba is at the far, left end of DTD(west side). DTD has two bus stops - Market Place and Pleasure Island. You will want to get off at the Pleasure Island stop since it's the closest to where you are going.
I'm sure someone else here will know where a map of DTD can be located but I'm sure if you google it, you can probably find one.
DTD is easy to get around on foot, unless you have health issues that affect your walking. You should be able to get a meal anywhere you want as long as you don't mind a walk.

Polynesian Dweller
05-26-2008, 11:56 AM
La Nouba is at the far west end of DTD and the building kind of looks like a big white tent.

Portabello is a great restaurant (not on DDP though) and we do it every year. Great food and great service every time. Its an easy walk from La Nouba through PI with Portabello at the east side of PI. Quite easy to do a dinner and a show.

snerd475
05-26-2008, 01:13 PM
Thanks so much for the info. Intercot is so great!

No walking problems - in fact, have had to sprint from one side of Epcot to the other to meet FP time. Glad DTD is easily walkable.

Also good to know what bus stop to get off.

Glad to hear Portabello is great. I don't do the DDP, so no prob there. That menu just appealed to me. Hard to find good Italian in WDW. Get mixed reviews of the TS in Italy.

Ed
05-26-2008, 01:47 PM
I'm sure someone else here will know where a map of DTD can be located.

Your wish is my command! (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/parks/maps/mappopup?id=DowntownDisneyMapPage&bhcp=1)

:cool:

snerd475
05-26-2008, 02:06 PM
Your wish is my command! (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/parks/maps/mappopup?id=DowntownDisneyMapPage&bhcp=1)

:cool:

Awesome! Just printed it out! Thanks so much!

MinnieMommie
05-26-2008, 02:48 PM
I agree with everyon's advice. The bus is the way to go (especially at night) to DTD and the 2nd bus stop is the right one. I haven't eaten at Portobellos but it is a beautiful restaurant and easily in walking distance to Cirque. It is hard to miss the Cirque tent and to get lost at DD. :mickey: