PDA

View Full Version : Caribbean Beach Pool

PetefromRI
05-26-2008, 09:16 AM
I just got off the SWA website.I was fooling around checking what they had for vacation packages and they said that the CBR pool will be closed through Oct.2008.This is different info than the Disney website which says mid Sept.I'm just wondering if SWA is just covering themselves in case of unforseen problems with the pool construction or is Disney kind of telling a white lie.I'd hate to see someone book for Oct. counting on the pool being open.

faline
05-26-2008, 01:21 PM
With constuction, it's often hard to give specific dates. Additionally, even though the plan may be to reopen on a specific date, its possible that unforeseen problems require a change in plans.

Last year, Disney provided us with VIP viewing tickets to Illuminations as the restaurant we were booked into was closed longer than expected for refurbishment and we needed to select another restaurant at the last minute.

It will also depend on how quickly a particular organization (including Disney) updates their website with the most up to date information.

Donalds Duckie
05-26-2008, 01:43 PM
Does anyone know if the existing CBR theme pool is simply being refurbed or are they making changes to it?

Thanks.

Catzle
05-26-2008, 06:48 PM
Major changes, I believe its going to have a pirate theme. Looks like it's going to be real nice.

PetefromRI
05-27-2008, 08:58 PM
They completely removed the old pool and started from scratch.I'm pretty sure that they removed all of the pirate fort also.

Donalds Duckie
05-27-2008, 09:04 PM
Wow! I had no idea they were major changes.

I look forward to checking it out while I'm there in Dec.

Thanks for the info!:thumbsup:

mickeys_princess_mom
05-27-2008, 09:51 PM
For anyone out there headed that way soon, don't worry! I tried hard to get some info right before we left a couple of weeks ago, and was nervous about it. We stayed in Martinique, and were hardly even aware of the construction. Good location--convenient to Port Royale and bus, and very near one of the many pools.
Can't wait to see the Pirate theme when it's done!