PDA

View Full Version : What are they building on World Drive

RALPH
05-25-2008, 04:24 PM
One of my clients knowing I am a WDW nut asked me if I knew about the new Park Disney was building. Now, a new attraction can't be kept a secret for long, but another gate would be talked about all over the place in my opinion.

I asked him why he thought this. He said as he was heading to the Magic Kingdom on World drive on the left he saw 4 cranes building something. It was just after you pass the turn to enter Epcot. He was even tempted to do some nature exploring to find out what was going on.

I explained in my opinion it was some Disney infrastructure building and not a hotel or Park. My thinking is how could they keep something so visable, so secret.

So my question to anyone who has been there recently...any idea whats up?

big blue and hairy
05-25-2008, 05:28 PM
:D This is how wild rumors get started. I don't mean you, I'm talking about your friend. You see a few cranes so IT'S A NEW PARK!! Obviously you know better but I wonder how many people who don't know better will beleive it.

Unfortunately, I have no answer for you, I just found your friend's assumption funny. :D

:sulley:

limegreenmonorail
05-26-2008, 02:02 AM
Could it be that new Flamingo Crossings shopping center? I don't remember exactly where they're building that, but that might be it.

RALPH
05-26-2008, 07:17 AM
Your right about rumors. Things Disney always spark peoples imagination. I guess some people are hoping for another gate. I thought it funny that he was convinced it was a new park. I told him to chill, and I would see if I could get an answer to his question. Heck every trip I go, I see cranes somewhere on the property.

Ed
05-26-2008, 07:20 AM
Nope, Flamingo Creek is quite a distance from that area.

And it's not the beginnings of the long-rumored fifth park, either. In fact, it's not Disney at all. :nono:

It's part of the Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort (http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/stories/2006/06/05/daily13.html), which sits one one of the few non-Disney-owned pieces of property in the area.

Sorry if it disappoints you. :(

PS - Construction cranes are the official Florida State Bird. ;)

Piglet822
05-26-2008, 08:40 AM

I thought the B-52 mosquito was the Florida State Bird :confused:

Here we go again...
05-26-2008, 09:35 AM

I thought the B-52 mosquito was the Florida State Bird :confused:

I thought the Disney experiment-gone-wrong double headed bug (better known as the love bug here in Louisiana) was the official State Bird?? :confused:

RALPH
05-26-2008, 10:42 AM
Nope, Flamingo Creek is quite a distance from that area.

And it's not the beginnings of the long-rumored fifth park, either. In fact, it's not Disney at all. :nono:

It's part of the Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort (http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/stories/2006/06/05/daily13.html), which sits one one of the few non-Disney-owned pieces of property in the area.

Sorry if it disappoints you. :(

it does not dissappoint me at all and I am not furthing a rumor. I am just trying to answer a question posed to me; by more knowledgable people than myself. I did not know there was any other non Disney owned property on the grounds. I thought the Swan and Dolphin were it. Boy, I just learned something.

One thing is for sure. If Disney has 5 parks there will be a rumor for a sixth. It will never stop.

Ed
05-26-2008, 11:40 AM
Hope you didn't get the wrong impression; the reference was just a little "tease" to those who might have gotten excited, thinking something grand and glorious was being built by WDW. Didn't mean you specifically; we have a lot of folks on the boards who seem to automatically jump to conclusions every time WDW turns a shovel of dirt anywhere on the property.

chrisb26
05-26-2008, 12:41 PM

Ah thanks for this. When I was there a couple weeks ago I saw this and wasn't sure what it could be. I figured another Disney hotel because it did look on Disney Property lol

I thought the Disney experiment-gone-wrong double headed bug (better known as the love bug here in Louisiana) was the official State Bird?? :confused:

You mean the Love Bug isn't the state bird? I mean there are just so many of them little guys they have to be right? :confused:

big blue and hairy
05-26-2008, 01:11 PM
One thing is for sure. If Disney has 5 parks there will be a rumor for a sixth. It will never stop.

THAT'S for sure...lol

:sulley:

MinnieMommie
05-26-2008, 02:55 PM

OK you guys are just too funny - thanks for the chuckle. :thumbsup:

ps I'm referring to the construction crane and B-52 mosquito comment too!

RALPH
05-26-2008, 06:33 PM
I did not get the wrong impression. I followed your thoughtline. That is the way I took it. The Florida state bird is better than New Jersey's.:)

SgtTigger
05-26-2008, 09:29 PM
just a little "tease" to those who might have gotten excited, thinking something grand and glorious was being built by WDW. Didn't mean you specifically;

WHAT you Tease????????? NOOOOOOOooo

:funny::rotfl:

:cop: :tigger:

joelkfla
05-26-2008, 11:24 PM
There have been cranes working at Bonnet Creek, but that's down south, near CBR. It wouldn't be on the left as you approach MK on World Drive.

RALPH
05-27-2008, 06:16 AM
There have been cranes working at Bonnet Creek, but that's down south, near CBR. It wouldn't be on the left as you approach MK on World Drive.

So whats going on?

wdwfansince75
05-27-2008, 10:03 AM
Ok, back to the original guess....Flamingo Crossing is about 1 1/2 miles to the west, so cranes from there could be seen from World Drive. Also to the left is AKL, although it is to the Southwest, rather than due west....If there are still cranes at AKL, they might be visible from World Drive.

However, much closer to World drive is a large service facility, which includes the central water/sewer treatment facility. There is a service road and power line extending from World Way at about the location you describe which runs due west to the service facility. IMHO, the cranes may be doing upgrades to that facility (greening it up), or they could just be staging there for or after use elsewhere in the World.

lockedoutlogic
05-27-2008, 01:32 PM
Bonnett Creek hugs I-4 on the very southeastern corner of the property...so construction cranes there would only be visible from world drive in the far off distance....

Flamingo Crosssing should not be visible from World Drive either....as it's not geographically that far....but the area inbetween world drive and there is uncleared and the access road - Western Way - is down between Coronado and Animal Kingdom

Here's what you have to assume: whatever they're doing....it is an infrastructure or remodeling of service area.....as any new park or resort area is known well in advance of heavy cranes swooping in....

it's probably a new wharehouse for something.....the most you can hope for is the first step of a longterm plan that will eventually lead to a new guest area...