PDA

View Full Version : Banana Boat Rides Cancelled on CC

DisneyDudet
05-25-2008, 03:56 PM
I have just heard that the Banana Boat ride excursions have been cancelled effective May 28. I haven't heard why, but if you have booked this excursion for your future cruise, I suggest booking something else ASAP, as other excursions will be starting to fill up soon after word gets out, especially the comparable priced ones.

Just thought you'd like to know. If this is due to gas prices (I would imagine not, but you never know), watch for other similar type excursions to change as well.

TammiMcMan
05-25-2008, 04:43 PM
I saw this too on another website, but there's nothing posted on DCL news yet. This happened with another excursion, I think it might have been parasailing. It was only temporary, until they could secure another tour operator. I know it's pretty popular, so hopefully they'll get someone else on board soon.

DisneyDudet
05-25-2008, 07:59 PM
I don't know if you were looking at the same site I was, but those cruising on the EB repo had their's cancelled already, and they don't sail until August.

I do believe it was because of the operator. Wonder what made them leave so darn quick!?

TammiMcMan
05-25-2008, 08:20 PM
I don't know if you were looking at the same site I was, but those cruising on the EB repo had their's cancelled already, and they don't sail until August.It doesn't surprise me. Until DCL gets the specifics on times offered and pricing, it's probably much easier to simply cancel everyone (105 days from 5/28) and if necessary, they'll just have to rebook it when a new tour operator is brought on. That way, it also gives guests the opportunity to book a different excursion if they want to fill that time.

Capt. Sparrow
05-29-2008, 01:47 PM
Wow..I'm glad I got my banana boat ride in at Castaway Cay on 5/24...