PDA

View Full Version : birthdays in restaurants at WDW

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
05-25-2008, 03:13 PM
When we go in September.. it is to "celebrate" our DD's Birthdays. Or "Big girl" will be 3 in October, and out "Little one" will be 2 in January. The trip is in lieu of family parties, gifts, etc. We have decided to celebrate our Big Girl at 1900 Park Fare dinner, and our Little one at the Crystal Palace dinner...so they both get their favorite charecters on "their" days. Does anyone know if these restaurants will sing to us if we mention b-days? We dont want to buy the special cakes...(what we do for one we need to do for the other... and we dont want to have left overs of 2 cakes sitting in the room for a week. But just didn't know if anyone experienced birthdya s in those restaurants and can share the experience?:party:

TheRustyScupper
05-25-2008, 04:20 PM
1) You will get a cupcake with a candle for the b'day girl.
2) You do not get an individual song.
. . . birthdays are honored en-masse
. . . everyone gets the song or waving napkins at once
. . . sometimes the characters will wish something during their rounds

NOTE: Based upon the energy and initiative of the individual CM's, you might get one or more of the below. However, if it doesn't happen, do not be disturbed. There are just too many "special events" at WDW every day to celebrate or cover them all.
. . . you might get Pixie Dust on the table
. . . you might get balloons
. . . you might get a card
. . . unique placemat with character autographs

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
05-25-2008, 06:08 PM
Just a cupcake will be amazing for my girls! Thank you!

princessjojo
05-25-2008, 06:56 PM
We have a trip for our younger DS for his birthday as well. We're not doing DDP even though it is free dining, because we're using DVC points and APs along with some account credit on SWA so the trip is costing little to nothing overall.

Anyway, original point... I called to make 1 ADR for his favorite resturant, 'Ohana. She was able to accomidate, but also gave me the number for the cake line to order a birthday cake. Be sure to get that number (I don't have it that I can find or would give it to you myself) and order them a cake. I've heard they delicious and not too very expensive.

sisterdisco
05-26-2008, 02:16 PM
We celebrated our DS's 9th birthday at LTT in MK last August (free dining). We did not order a separate cake d/t what to do w/ the left overs. We expected a cupcake for him (ice cream and apple crisp I think were on the menu anyways). Our waitress mentioned to me that she noticed we didn't pre-order a cake....Instead of bringing the usual desert, she brought a large bowl of ice cream and a small (?8") cake w/ a flat Mickey birthday thing on it. That was really nice---and done complimentary. You never know what surprise you might get.:party:

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-26-2008, 05:17 PM
We just celebrated DD's b-day in the world, and she got more cupcakes and special treatment than any 1 girl should ever get. We never pre-ordered a cake or anything, but almost everywhere we went she got a candle in her dessert, and a number of placed did a cupcake, which was such a nice touch.

At Crystal Palace (we went for breakfast), she got a cupcake with a candle, mickey confetti on the table and the server sang her happy birthday. It was just awesome.

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
05-26-2008, 08:16 PM
Thanks! I was actually just reading your trip report before I saw the reply. I am so glad they did well by your daughter for her birthday! I hope to have the same for our DD's! I can't wait to go!

Speedy1998
05-26-2008, 09:52 PM
DD got a card signed by all the Princesses at Akershus.

Young@Heart
05-26-2008, 10:19 PM
That sounds so wonderful! We're celebrating our anniversary at WDW, and will be eating at 1900 Park Fare that night. Should I the ADR line ahead of time and mention that it's our anniversary?

ParkMan
05-27-2008, 03:14 AM
I would have them put in a note that says it's your anniversary. We usually do something like that.

We celebrated our tenth anniversary last year and got excellent seats at CRT (right by the window during fireworks). I'm assuming it wasn't just blind luck!

tyandskyesmom
05-27-2008, 02:34 PM
This past January Tyler had just turned 9 and at 1900 park Fare for breakfast he got a laminated place mat with all the characters autographs, a king's crown, and a huge cup cake with a candle. He also was sang to. They did not do anything when we were there for dinner. I don't even think anyone noticed the birthday button.

At Crystal Palace for lunch he only was given a cupcake and the waitress said "Happy Birthday" to him but for breakfast we had Mickey confetti and streamers on the table and he got a huge cup cake with a candle. And the waitress made everyone sing to him.

He wore his birthday button for the whole 13 days and got tons of fun well wishes and attention...not to mention desserts and candles (we were on the Deluxe DDP so at our meals he usually got a candle in his chosen dessert or a chocolate "Happy Birthday" on the plate but at buffets he was usually given a cupcake in addition to the regular offerings.).

FriendsofMickey
05-27-2008, 02:44 PM
My girls had their actual birthday at Disney this past year. When we checked in the lady of the POFQ gave them each a Birthday Pin and told them to wear it everyday of our stay.

We did not wear it everyday, but a few days before and after their birthday, they did get to wear them. I always told the staff that it was not their actual birthday, but we were there celebrating their birthday. The staff didn't care, they loved celebrating with them. :mickey: In fact, a couple of them had it noted down that we were there for their birthday week and made them put new pins on (since I had taken them off of them).
At 1900 Park Fare (dinner), they got an autographed place mat and a crown.

At Crystal Palace (dinner), they got a signed birthday card and a pin-wheel (and confetti).

Those are both great choices IMO, because I thought they were the two nicest of the ones we did.

MickeyandTink
06-02-2008, 12:34 PM
DD got a card signed by all the Princesses at Akershus.

Our DD :princess: did as well last year.

DisneyFan1979
06-03-2008, 11:20 AM
I would say they probably treat kids differently (and better) than adults, but I was rather disappointed in our experience at Garden Grille. We were celebrating my father's 60th Birthday - it had fallen a few days before and we hadn't yet celebrated with a cake, so we figured we'd surprise him. I mentioned it when we made the ADRs and at the check-in desk. I was going to order a little cake, but the check-in castmember said it would be no problem and they would surprise him with a cupcake and candle. All the server ended up doing was sticking a candle in the regular apple crisp dessert that was part of dinner and he only lit it after he plonked it down on the table. So essentially, it was no surprise at all. The whole thing was very half-hearted, we get better bday efforts at our local chain restaurants here at home.

Sometimes lately I've noticed that Disney only caters to kids nowadays. They sometimes forget the adult guests account for a high percentage of park visitors and go there in order to feel like a "kid" again.