PDA

View Full Version : Tigerinvestigator's May08 Day 4

Tigerinvestigator
05-24-2008, 11:34 PM
The Cast:

Me
DW- We are celebrating our 13th Anniversary today.
DD11
DD6
DD3
Jaxon
Uncle Eric

Tuesday May 13, 2008 Day 4

It was hard to get up this morning! The long days and nights are starting to catch up to us. The airconditioned room with resort tv playing quietly was enough for us to ignore our alarm (I know its Disney but its vacation too!). I woke my DW Tammy with happy anniversary. Today is our 13th Wedding Anniversary. We honeymooned at WDW in 1995 which was Tammy's first trip to WDW. Since then we have been at least once every year and up to three times a year on occasion. We spent our 10th anniversary at WDW a few years ago and I took her to the San Angel Inn in Epcot which is where we had our honeymoon dinner. Tonight I decided to ignore tradition and try somewhere we have never been. I have reservations at Jiko and Uncle Eric has graciously agreed to watch the kids. But that is getting ahead of myself so back to the report.
We were to the bus stop quickly after everyone finally woke up. When we missed the Epcot bus (it was pulling out as we walked up) we quickly hopped onto a Hollywood Studios bus and decided to catch a boat to Epcot since we were planning on walking World Showcase anyway. This gave Jaxon his first view of the Epcot resorts we love so much. We decided to get off at the Swan and Dolphin which are among our favorite resorts. We then walked the Boardwalk stopping at the Espn Club to look at Tshirts in their store. We told the story of last December's fiasco where my girls made me rent the Surrey bike and I wound up being the only one peddling up the hills. I needed hospitalization afterwards. The kids and Tammy all laughed, I however did not find it funny as I recalled the pain and suffering I endured (we didn't even go around the loop the second time and turned the bike in early). Anyway back to the present. We walked through the International Gateway and into France. At this point we decided to go our separate ways for lunch. I chose the meatball platter at Morocco, DW and DD6 and DD3 chose Japan, and Uncle Eric and Jaxon and DD11 had Mexican. We all enjoyed our meals and I got some really good photos of the girls around the waterfalls in Japan. They make great screensavers for work. I saw something I found kinda strange in Japan. We were sitting outside the restaurant where we always sit because it is so peaceful and relaxing with the stream flowing close by. I noticed an older couple playing UNO on one of the tables. Looked like they had been there awhile and didn't look like they were going anywhere soon. Found that odd but maybe they were locals who like to play cards in the park:confused:. We continued our walk around the countries and the girls got their faces painted in the little section of Africa. Now I think they look pretty and all, but I always get the paint and sparkly things on my shirt, hat, and everywhere else before the day is over. I got a peach schnapps tea from a China cart which is one of my favorite drinks (minus the brain freeze:ill:). We all rode Maelstrom and ran into some really ugly trolls who cast a spell and sent us back back over the falls. Other than that ,a couple of polar bears, and a storm in the North Sea it was a pretty uneventful voyage on our viking ship. When we emerged at the peaceful Norwegian fishing town we made sure we showed Jaxon the family who is talking in the kitchen of the house near the dock. I love that special effect and 99.9% of the people who visit never notice it. We bypassed the movie and then took some photos outside near the waterfall. This is by far my favorite place to photograph my girls. We then walked through the Viking exhibit in the Stave Church (those wax figures look like they could move any minute). We then turned our sights on Mexico. We rode what DD3 calls "Spanish Small World" with Donald Duck. I was a big fan of El RIo Del Tiempo but I must admit this ride is starting to grow on me and my kids absolutely love it now. We shopped for awhile and promised everyone we would come back and eat at San Angel Inn later in the week. I love the way this pavilion smells inside. Next we headed for Test Track which had a 30 min wait so we bypassed it and went to Mission Space which is DD6's favorite thrill ride. She managed to push both of her mission buttons and Jaxon also had a great time. Meanwhile DW was entertaining DD11 and DD3 in the playground at the exit. We then headed for Ellen's Energy Adventure but got sidetracked by the Garden festivals exhibit at the Wonders of Life pavilion. This was the saddest part of the trip. We have not been there in years and to see Cranium Command and Body Wars completely removed and knowing they would never return was too much to bear. They were both fun attractions and I consider that such a waste. We made it to Ellen's early enough to get a bench seat at the back of the first theatre. I love this attraction and I think the girls learn a little more each time we ride. Love those spitting Dinosaurs and I also like the prehistoric radio with Willard Scott. After Universe of Energy we walked into Innoventions and had a great time. DD6 and DD3 got to put on lab coats and safety goggles and conduct experiments thoughout the pavilion while a Disney castmember wrote down their findings. They both got a certificate and had a great time. We then participated in the Recycling game with the big garbage truck. We have done "Wheres the fire", but this was even better. You actually push a little garbage truck to each station and complete games which pertain to recycling. We talked about this game for the rest of the week. When we got home we had certificates in our emails. Next we went to Club Cool and tricked Jaxon into tasting the Beverly. He acted like it didn't bother him at first and then almost got sick before he could find a garbage to spit it out. We all got ice cream next door and sat and watched the people walk by. DD3 got a plain cone with no ice cream and I got funny looks from the cast members. She loves cones but doesn't really like ice cream:confused:. Next we rode Spaceship Earth again and then started for the hotel. We got ready for Dinner and I gave Tammy her Anniversary gift on the balcony while Giraffes and Zebras grazed in the background. A silver watch she has wanted for a while (brownie points and one get out of the doghouse free pass). Uncle Eric ordered the kids room service while Tammy and I made our reservations at Jiko. We arrived a few minutes early but were able to get our table. What a beautiful restaurant and the food was outstanding. We will definately be back. Afterwards we walked the resort by ourselves. We didn't realize how romantic it could be without kids. We stopped at one of the firepits where we were alone and able to have a conversation. It was a beautiful night and we didn't want it to end. But eventually we started missing the little ones and headed back to the room. We noticed the trays stacked high with food and drinks parked beside the door. The kids were WIRED to say the least(8 bottles of chocolate milk will do that to a kid) and it took a while to calm them down for bed. We got a special surprise from Jaxon and DD11. Jaxon bought us a big box of Chocolate and a happy anniversary card thanking us for bringing him to Disney while Kayla bought us a ceramic Mickey and Minney and made us a card which was very sweet. I am truly blessed with the greatest family in the World! We ended the night on the balcony listening to the wipperwills.

BluewaterBrad
05-25-2008, 09:56 AM
Happy Anniversary!:mickey:

tinkerbell04
05-25-2008, 10:07 AM
What a great anniversary! The meal at Jiko sounds like it was great. Thanks for sharing!

pdrlkr
05-25-2008, 10:26 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

faline
05-25-2008, 03:12 PM
Lovely anniversary celebration!

I'm one of the folks who have noticed the kitchen conversation. I'll remedy that on our next trip!

Hope you have many more wonderful years of anniversay celebrations!

wdwgrl377
05-25-2008, 03:51 PM
Happy Anniversary Day to you! What a great day you all had! Thanks again for sharing with us! :mickey:

ChipnDaleGal
05-25-2008, 03:56 PM
Another fun day, and such a wonderful romantic anniversary dinner. I am guessing that the best part was the sweet gifts from the two kids. Thanks for sharing your special day with us. Happy Anniversary.:mickey:

mommy2maddi
05-25-2008, 07:39 PM
:party:
I am thoroughly enjoying reading your posts about your trip every day. It sounds like you had a wonderful time and you have an awesome family. It's good to hear someone talk about how much they love and appreciate their family. I believe that's the most important thing in the ENTIRE world.

MauiMouse
05-25-2008, 10:08 PM
Sounds like you had a very nice day around World Showcase. Thanks for the tip in Norway, I'll have to check out the talking people next time.

What a nice way to end your anniversary with dinner at Jikos. :thumbsup:

TikiGoddess
05-26-2008, 01:21 PM
Thanks for the wonderful trip reports!! I've really enjoyed reading all of them so far. You sound like a great family who had a fantastic vacation... thanks for letting me 'be' in the parks with you...

TikiG

dolphinmickey9170
05-27-2008, 09:42 PM
I have never noticed the talking people. I gotta find this one.

What a fabulous anniversary. WDW can be such a romantic place if given the opportunity. Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

pogo
05-28-2008, 02:25 PM
Another great Disney Day my friend ! :thumbsup:

Your DD3 doesn't like ice cream ???? :faint:

Happy anniversary ! :D

cal5755
06-02-2008, 10:39 PM
What an awesome Anniversary day!! How cute of Jaxon and DD to buy you gifts!! So glad you had a great day!! (DH and I will be celebrating our 13 anniversary this year too!!)

DizNee143
06-03-2008, 10:49 AM
what a great day at epcot...your anniversary dinner sounded absolutely wonderful..glad you guys were able to have some alone time to celebrate it!! :mickey:

indytraveler
06-03-2008, 11:18 AM
Romantic ending to a great day. thanks for sharing.

KylesMom
06-03-2008, 01:01 PM
What a wonderful family day at Epcot, followed by a spectacular anniversary dinner. Happy Belated Anniversary!
I am truly blessed with the greatest family in the World! That's what it's all about! :mickey:

Tinkerfreak
06-03-2008, 02:16 PM
Wow what great reports. You have me feeling all warm and fuzzy inside. I am glad you and your DW had a great anniversary and were able to have a romantic dinner.