PDA

View Full Version : Sitting in POFQ right now.

Quasimodo
05-24-2008, 07:39 PM
I am sitting in a room at POFQ as I type this. Thought I would open this thread up to anyone who has any questions about this resort or WDW in general. I will try to check back here each day until Wednesday May 28 (check out date) to answer any questions the best I can.

As an FYI, our room is clean and in good shape. We are very pleased with it. Only problem I found was the handle for the faucet on the tub is missing the screw to hold it on. Not a big deal though.

mook3y
05-24-2008, 07:53 PM
I DARE YOU....

To run down right now, regardless what clothes you are in and go on the dragon slide! :thedolls:

POST PHOTO's!!! :party:

Have a great trip!

Quasimodo
05-24-2008, 08:44 PM
Actually, when I typed the post above, I was sitting in my swim suit, still wet from being in the pool. :blush:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
05-24-2008, 09:36 PM
I have a friend going in Sept. What's the best building to request? She will probably want to be closest to the bus stop since her mom is 82.

PetefromRI
05-24-2008, 09:51 PM
We just left POFQ yesterday.We were in Bldg.4 right next to the food court and right behind the bus depot.I'd love to stay in that location everytime.A very nice resort!

Quasimodo
05-24-2008, 11:07 PM
I have a friend going in Sept. What's the best building to request? She will probably want to be closest to the bus stop since her mom is 82.

According to the map they gave us, Bldg. 4 Is closest to the bus stop. But the resort is so small that none of the buildings are very far.

As for which is the best, that is subjective I guess. Some may prefer a room with a view of the river. Those are buildings 1, 2, 5, 6, & 7.

little disney lovers
05-25-2008, 02:15 AM
Hi, We're booked Aug 24 to Sept 16. How's the foodcourt, Have you tried the Beignets? Apparantly fantastic!
Does it have a gift shop? And do they have autograph books and/or PAL Mickey? Just trying to work out whether I need to go to DTD the first night or not, I like to be prepared first day in the parks!
Thanks so much, Have a WONDERFUL time!!!:mickey:

Crow
05-25-2008, 07:18 AM
Im envious.
i stayed there once a few yrs ago & liked it.
Hows the crowds?
hows the food & :beer:
buses?
enjoy!

Quasimodo
05-25-2008, 09:58 PM
Hi, We're booked Aug 24 to Sept 16. How's the foodcourt, Have you tried the Beignets? Apparantly fantastic!
Does it have a gift shop? And do they have autograph books and/or PAL Mickey? Just trying to work out whether I need to go to DTD the first night or not, I like to be prepared first day in the parks!
Thanks so much, Have a WONDERFUL time!!!:mickey:

Have not been to the food court this trip. But I have stayed here many many times and the food court has always been good. Beignets too.

Yes there is a gift shop, but is small. The one over at Riverside is much larger and nicer. I think they have Pal Mickey and autograph books at the one here. If not, the one at Riverside will and it is a short walk over to there.

Quasimodo
05-25-2008, 10:01 PM
Im envious.
i stayed there once a few yrs ago & liked it.
Hows the crowds?
hows the food & :beer:
buses?
enjoy!

The crowds are moderate in my opinion. We drove our own car and haven't used the buses so I can't speak about them yet. If I do before we leave, I will let you know.

little disney lovers
05-26-2008, 05:16 AM
Thanks so much for the info. That's fantastic about the PAL mickey and autograph books. We don't get in until about 7-8. I didn't really want to race down to DTD that night ready for the parkd the next morning. And you've got to be prepared, Who know's who you might bump into first thing in the morning! :mickey:

DISNEYLOVERS5
05-26-2008, 07:02 AM
We Are Staying Riverside In Sept. Is It A Long Walk From Fq To Riverside And Can You Use Both Pools?

sainter
05-26-2008, 07:55 AM
Yes, you can use both pools, (they are sister resorts), and the walk depends on where you are at Riverside, but maybe 7 - 10 min? You can also hop on the boat between resorts. But you can probably walk just as fast!:)

LudwigVonDrake
05-26-2008, 01:40 PM
46 days until I'll be at POFQ :number1:

How are the lines in the parks??

Have a great trip :wave:

Quasimodo
05-26-2008, 04:13 PM
The walk is very short. Of course it depends which building you are in. I am in building 7 and walked over to POR in about 6 minutes.

We Are Staying Riverside In Sept. Is It A Long Walk From Fq To Riverside And Can You Use Both Pools?

Quasimodo
05-26-2008, 04:17 PM
The lines are average. Not horrible, but some are a little long. We went to ride Toy Story Mania yesterday. The first time we rode it, the line was about an hour long. When we came back about 2 hours later to use our fastpass, it was 90 minutes long. However, Tower of Terror was only about 20 minutes long during the same time frame.

46 days until I'll be at POFQ :number1:

How are the lines in the parks??

Have a great trip :wave:

LudwigVonDrake
05-26-2008, 05:00 PM
Thanks for the answer to my question :smickey:

I guess I'll need to fastpass TSM come July :mickey:

Quasimodo
05-27-2008, 07:10 AM
Thanks for the answer to my question :smickey:

I guess I'll need to fastpass TSM come July :mickey:

The TSM standby line moves very slow. So a Fastpass is a must for it. Although one should do the standby line at least once so you can see the cool things in the queue. Including Mr. Potato Head. You miss all of that in the Fastpass queue.

#1donaldfan
05-27-2008, 12:48 PM
no question, just a word or two to vent my jealously out to you ..... we love POR Riverside and your about as close to it as you can get, without being there....YOUR LUCKY !!!

....oh yeah, does your food court have the meatball subs??? Riverside didn't have 'em last June?????

Quasimodo
05-28-2008, 08:33 AM
no question, just a word or two to vent my jealously out to you ..... we love POR Riverside and your about as close to it as you can get, without being there....YOUR LUCKY !!!

....oh yeah, does your food court have the meatball subs??? Riverside didn't have 'em last June?????

I never made it over to the food court, so I don't know. Sorry.