PDA

View Full Version : Job Pixie Dust

Dakota Rose
05-24-2008, 06:39 PM
After a lot of thinking, praying and debating, DH and I have decided to close our business. It's a long story to explain how we ended up at that decision, but we both feel it's the right decision. Since I'm a SAHM due in July, he's the only one looking at going back to work. We just started sending out resumes yesterday, and could really use some prayers and pixie dust that he finds a good job soon. I'm salivating at the idea of benefits and PTO -- 2 things we've gone without since being self-employed the last 7 years. The biz will stay open until he gets an offer, but hopefully that will be soon!!

azdisneymom
05-24-2008, 08:20 PM
Prayers for you and DH. :angel: Oh and congratulations on your soon to be Disney Pirate or Princess!

sagessa
05-25-2008, 07:41 AM
Best of luck to you. I hope that your husband finds a position soon.

Rachel R.

mrsgaribaldi
05-25-2008, 09:16 AM
Prayers and :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:on the way.

Kairi_7378
05-25-2008, 10:14 AM
I am sure that this will be a very busy time for him, because job hunting is a full time job in and of itself. Best of luck to him! And to you... you have so much going on right now!

wdwgrl377
05-25-2008, 01:53 PM
Much prayers and :pixie::pixie: are on the way for you & your DH!

disneydeb
05-25-2008, 01:59 PM
:pixie::pixie:Pixie dust for you and your family!

MsMin
05-25-2008, 11:51 PM
:pixie: for your new paths... It is so hard to raise a family when you are tied to a business and really never have any time off (it's always on your mind and in your conversations, the pressures etc) and benefits with a growing family are practically impossible to live without. Best of luck with your new ventures.

Dakota Rose
05-26-2008, 06:44 PM
Thanks everyone for your pixie dust, prayers and encouragement!!!! :)

MsMin you hit it on the nose! We started our own business before we were married thinking it would give us good flexibility for family life. And a lot of time it has. But you're right. It's always a part of our conversations, our lives, etc. There's never downtime from the business. Even when we're at the grocery store, we have to have our business face on b/c everyone's a potential customer!

Anyhow....thanks everyone for the well-wishes. Keep 'em coming!

Dakota Rose
05-28-2008, 11:08 PM
Pixie dust pays off! DH has an interview tomorrow!