PDA

View Full Version : Value Season Question

Ropachs
05-24-2008, 07:37 AM
Hi, We haven't been to WDW in 3 years now. We have always gone in October or early Novemeber during a value season. According to this website, those times are now regular season. We're planning to pull the kids out of school so we can go when the parks are the least crowded. I hate to pull them only to get there and find much longer waits than we've had before. Does anyone know if this time of year is still a good idea?
Thank you,
Lori

Strmchsr
05-24-2008, 08:08 AM
Unfortunately, everyone now wants to pull kids out of school for the "least crowded" times so that when you get there it's not so uncrowded. October is much more crowded than in the past due to the popularity of fall break now and the MNSSHP. November is not so bad, but has a lot of little things like Soap Weekend the up the crowds. There's just really not an uncrowded time at WDW anymore. End of August or early January are probably the lowest.

Nurse Kim
05-24-2008, 11:31 AM
I pulled my kids out of school this past March. We were going to try and wait until my kids were out for a break but decided it would be more crowded than we wanted to deal with. March was perfect for us; weather and all.

Goofeygal
05-24-2008, 12:26 PM
September is a great time to go.

Sunshine1010
05-24-2008, 01:40 PM
Ah yes........(breathing deeply), I remember back in December 2005 when I went to WDW and there were no crowds. We walked on rides for 10 days straight, no problem getting an ADR. In fact, I didn't even KNOW about the DDP back then, and we walked into every restaurant whenever we wanted. NO WAIT at all!

...but like my 7 year old son says, "Mama, times change".

Boy was he right.

It's been crowded no matter when we go now. Winter, Spring, Summer or Fall.

Ropachs
05-24-2008, 01:47 PM
Yikes! Well, at least I know now. Thanks for the info.
Lori