PDA

View Full Version : Where to get caricatures of the kids?

Marc
05-23-2008, 08:40 PM
Not sure what forum to put this in so I started here. Six years ago we took our first daughter to WDW and they had a caricaturist at Wilderness Lodge who drew one for her. We would like to get one for our younger daughter this time around? Does anyone know if WIlderness Lodge still hosts a caricaturist or any other locales in WDW that has one?

Thanks.

princessjojo
05-23-2008, 09:15 PM
We had one done of our 2DS in DHS about 4 years ago. I believe he was near the front of either H&V or Brown Derby. Anyways, we got ripped off. Firstly, it didn't look like either of them in any way. Secondly, we had to remind the artist that our younger DS had glasses & yes, he was wearing them at the time. Lastly, he spelled our older DS's name wrong and proceeded to write over the incorrect spelling.

The disgust was clear on our faces with what he had produced. And never offered to compensate any of the cost. We never had another done.

Surely, our experience was a fluke.

KineGirl
05-23-2008, 09:26 PM
Im not familiar with WL but I know that they do them at DHS and at the Boardwalk. One year my uncles' boat broke down in the middle of the lake and he swore the ducks were laughing at him (he floated around for about an hour before one of the smaller ferry boats realized what was going on and rescued him) so we had a caricature done of him floating in the boat with a bunch of Disney ducks laughing at him and gave it to him for Christmas :)

elmjimmlm
05-23-2008, 09:27 PM
We had one done of our DS in DtD...His turned out great...We paid 20.00 for a black and white where color was more...After we came back to POR they were doing them there for 15.00 in color...Go figure...

Maleficent's Dad
05-23-2008, 10:26 PM
Does anyone know if WIlderness Lodge still hosts a caricaturist or any other locales in WDW that has one?
The WL had the caricature artist two weeks ago - s/he is located outside of the Mercantile, close to the doors that lead towards the villas and buses.

TheRustyScupper
05-24-2008, 12:33 AM
1) All resorts have an artist. *
2) They are independent contractors (not employees of Disney).
3) The WL artist is around the corner from the Front Desk.

* Typical hours are 5:00pm-9:00pm. Check with the resort for exact daily schedules.

Young@Heart
05-24-2008, 01:35 AM
I think I remember seeing one at POP at couple times. She was near the Hippy Dippy pool, right near the person doing the temp tattoos.

Marc
05-24-2008, 08:59 AM
Thanks for all the great info guys!