PDA

View Full Version : Annual Pass Question...

limegreenmonorail
05-23-2008, 12:19 PM
I'm going to WDW in 4 days :woohoo: and I've already bought a 6 day hopper pass. But now, I'm thinking I should have just gotten an annual pass, since I plan on going back within a year. Can I just upgrade the ticket I have before I leave WDW on this trip? Does it matter if I've used a couple of days on my hopper ticket? (I get my paycheck direct-deposited to my account in the middle of my trip, and I'd like to wait until then to purchase the upgrade). I'd just have to pay the difference between my hopper ticket and the annual pass, right?

DisneyDudet
05-23-2008, 01:07 PM
Yes, you should just be able to upgrade the difference, but its based on your CURRENT days, not your original purchase days/price.

We are thinking about doing this as well, but aren't quite sure yet!!

ILoveLegos
05-23-2008, 03:01 PM
I'm not sure about the based on the curent days left policy answer in the previous response, when I upgraded my Florida Resident Play 3-Day pass into a Florida resident annual pass three years ago I just paid the difference in the price of the two passes. Can someone please confirm that this still true with a regulay "X-day" pass changing into an annual pass?

baby minnie's mommy
05-23-2008, 04:25 PM
When DH upgraded his partially used FL play-3 pass to a FL annual pass he paid the difference of the total prices. Then the expire date was a year from when he first used the play-3.

But I read a lot on here that they only apply the days left towards the upgrade price. Then the AP expires a yr. from the date of upgrade.

So I'm wondering if it's just a FL res. thing, or unique to the FL Play-3/Play-4 pass?

McGoofy
05-23-2008, 04:35 PM
I'm going to WDW in 4 days :woohoo: and I've already bought a 6 day hopper pass. But now, I'm thinking I should have just gotten an annual pass, since I plan on going back within a year. Can I just upgrade the ticket I have before I leave WDW on this trip? Does it matter if I've used a couple of days on my hopper ticket? (I get my paycheck direct-deposited to my account in the middle of my trip, and I'd like to wait until then to purchase the upgrade). I'd just have to pay the difference between my hopper ticket and the annual pass, right?

I am going down with my AP in 4 days as well! See ya there!:mickey:

I'm pretty sure the upgrade is based on the remaining days. Just so you know, the AP is definitely worth it if you think you will get 10 or more days out of it. It winds up being a better deal than the 10 day park hopper/no expiration tickets plus you get resort discounts, meal discounts, and even small shopping and entertainment discounts. I love my AP!:cloud9::mickey:

cal5755
05-24-2008, 12:24 AM
Ok this confuses me. We are taking a trip in September and there are 4 of us who are going to upgrade our passes because we will be returning in Nov. If I am understanding the previous post, it will cost more if we upgrade halfway through the trip then it would if we upgrade the first day. Is that correct? We have waterparks and more plus park hopper tickets... I was just going to upgrade to basic AP because on our next trip we will not be using the waterparks. Mom and I were going to upgrade our passes after our waterpark day and that is toward the end of our trip.

Sorry if that in itself is confusing lol... but if that is the case Mom and I will get the AP with waterparks but it is a big difference and we will only use the waterpark one time.

chick20679
05-24-2008, 09:04 AM
To get the full value of your PH ticket towards your AP purchase, you need to purchase the AP upgrade before you use your ticket. Any used days will be deducted from the value of the PH ticket.
When it comes to the water park option, it may be more cost effective for you to upgrade your PH ticket on arrival, and then just purchase a one day admission to the water park you plan on visiting ($37 or so)? :mickey:

Nurse Kim
05-24-2008, 11:27 AM
We are thinking about purchasing just one annual pass for our group. Mainly for the discounts but I'm not sure if the discounts will be worth the cost. We do plan to return again within a year and then it may just be DH and me.

McGoofy
05-24-2008, 01:47 PM
if that is the case Mom and I will get the AP with waterparks but it is a big difference and we will only use the waterpark one time.

If you think you will only use the waterparks one time, it may be more cost effective for you to just purchase a regular AP. Then when you go to the waterpark for your one visit, you will get a small discount off of your one time admission. If you upgrade to the AP with waterparks, you are also paying for unlimited admission to Disney Quest and Pleasure Island. You just have to do the math and see if you will have enough visits to all of these places to see if it is cost effective for your family.

MauiMouse
05-24-2008, 09:28 PM
If you have a park hopper ticket, be sure to upgrade to the AP before you use any of the days. I had a 7 day park hopper ticket last September, but I also had an AP. I used the AP for the first 4 days. When my AP expired I used 3 of the park hopper days. I also bought the non-expiration option.

Fast forward to this past March when I took my 3 days to upgrade to another AP, yes they could upgrade to an AP, but in using that 3 days my new AP would now expire on September 11th (the last day that I used my park hopper ticket) and not March 24. I would have lost 6 months, so I kept my 3 days to use later at some point.

cal5755
05-25-2008, 12:01 AM
Ok so I know we will only use one day in the waterparks and we don't do DTD clubs or anything so I will upgrade us to AP on the first day and just use our discounts and purchase a one day admission to BB the day we go. My next question is... where do I upgrade to AP?? In the hotel on that first day after we check it?? Or after we enter the first park (Epcot is planned for the first day)?

I am so glad for Intercot because this thread saved me some headaches I would have had once in Disney had I not known this before hand!! Thanks guys :mickey:

Donalds Duckie
05-25-2008, 10:56 AM
:(I'm thankful for these posts as well! THANK YOU INTERCOTEES!:thumbsup:

Hmm, now I am rethinking my current plans for December. I booked a package with 8-day hopper and dining with plans to purchase an AP on final day of stay and pay just the difference between the two. I've done this at DL and assumed WDW worked the same. I was obviously wrong about that.:(

Now, I'm thinking I should cancel my package, buy an AP and book room only with DDE for dining. But this brings up another question. Will I be able to book room with AP discount with a voucher only? I know I need an activated AP to check-in at resort and receive the AP discount (I'll figure out how in the world to do that later), I just need to know if I can book with voucher only.

Thanks, in advance.

Beast_fanatic
05-25-2008, 12:13 PM
Will I be able to book room with AP discount with a voucher only? I know I need an activated AP to check-in at resort and receive the AP discount (I'll figure out how in the world to do that later), I just need to know if I can book with voucher only.

Thanks, in advance.

You can book the room with an annual pass discount (if one is available) without even having the voucher yet.

limegreenmonorail
05-25-2008, 02:35 PM
:(I'm thankful for these posts as well! THANK YOU INTERCOTEES!:thumbsup:

Hmm, now I am rethinking my current plans for December. I booked a package with 8-day hopper and dining with plans to purchase an AP on final day of stay and pay just the difference between the two. I've done this at DL and assumed WDW worked the same. I was obviously wrong about that.:(

Now, I'm thinking I should cancel my package, buy an AP and book room only with DDE for dining. But this brings up another question. Will I be able to book room with AP discount with a voucher only? I know I need an activated AP to check-in at resort and receive the AP discount (I'll figure out how in the world to do that later), I just need to know if I can book with voucher only.

Thanks, in advance.

Actually, you don't need the AP to be activated to check into the hotel with the AP discount. The voucher is fine. I've done that before. With the voucher, they know you've paid for your AP, and they've got your money already, and that's all that matters. :D

And, thanks for everybody's help with my question! Now I'm wondering, say I do upgrade to an AP after I've used a couple of days, and I pay the difference. How much do I have to pay for the used days on my hopper? Is each day charged like the price of a one-day ticket, or is it just the few dollars' difference between a 4-day hopper and a 6-day hopper, or is it the average of how much a 6-day hopper would be per day? Just trying to figure out how much money I'd be losing if I upgraded in the middle of my trip. Thanks for your help!

DisneyDudet
05-25-2008, 03:10 PM
OK, I know I've answered questions in this thread before... but... a question just popped in my head for you all!

I have purchased the FD package in Sept. We are not doing a package in Jan. Would I be able to upgrade our PH passes from the package to make it an AP? If we did, we would save a little money in Jan, as we're going for a whole week. If we can do that, I will number crunch and see what is cheaper.

McGoofy
05-25-2008, 04:43 PM
Ok so I know we will only use one day in the waterparks and we don't do DTD clubs or anything so I will upgrade us to AP on the first day and just use our discounts and purchase a one day admission to BB the day we go. My next question is... where do I upgrade to AP?? In the hotel on that first day after we check it?? Or after we enter the first park (Epcot is planned for the first day)?

I am so glad for Intercot because this thread saved me some headaches I would have had once in Disney had I not known this before hand!! Thanks guys :mickey:

AP purchases have to be done at any of the guest services at the parks. We have asked before at the resorts about doing it there, but they cannot do AP's there. Guest services are all located right outside the turnstyles of each of the parks. It's not the ticket lines, so don't waste your time standing there. At Epcot, it is off to the far right of the ticket purchasing booths, and is next to a little gift shop. You can take care of it there very easily and quickly before entering Epcot on your first day. Do NOT forget to bring your driver's liscense with you! Our friends in February had to go all the way back the resort because they didn't bring theirs, and the CM's cannot administer you an AP without proof of ID. Have fun on your trip!:mickey:

Beast_fanatic
05-25-2008, 11:19 PM
OK, I know I've answered questions in this thread before... but... a question just popped in my head for you all!

I have purchased the FD package in Sept. We are not doing a package in Jan. Would I be able to upgrade our PH passes from the package to make it an AP? If we did, we would save a little money in Jan, as we're going for a whole week. If we can do that, I will number crunch and see what is cheaper.

Yes, you can upgrade the September passes to annual passes. Once you get checked in and get the passes, you can do whatever you'd like with them as far as upgrades (and they don't all have to be upgraded the same).

cal5755
05-26-2008, 12:53 AM
AP purchases have to be done at any of the guest services at the parks. We have asked before at the resorts about doing it there, but they cannot do AP's there. Guest services are all located right outside the turnstyles of each of the parks. It's not the ticket lines, so don't waste your time standing there. At Epcot, it is off to the far right of the ticket purchasing booths, and is next to a little gift shop. You can take care of it there very easily and quickly before entering Epcot on your first day. Do NOT forget to bring your driver's liscense with you! Our friends in February had to go all the way back the resort because they didn't bring theirs, and the CM's cannot administer you an AP without proof of ID. Have fun on your trip!:mickey:

Thanks so much for the info!! Especially the drivers license!! I am terrible about that.. I don't carry a purse or wallet so my license is kept in the sunglass holder in the car and I always have to run back to the car if I need it for something....I will be sure to put it in Mom's clear neck thing with hers and she can carry it all week!!

DisneyDudet
05-26-2008, 05:49 PM
Yes, you can upgrade the September passes to annual passes. Once you get checked in and get the passes, you can do whatever you'd like with them as far as upgrades (and they don't all have to be upgraded the same).

Thanks, Rhonda. I don't know why I was thinking that passes purchased with a package COULDN'T be upgraded (as if Disney would miss out on some money from our pockets!)

Now I'll just have to number crunch to see if it is, in fact, cheaper.