PDA

View Full Version : Pixie Dust for Northern Colorado

Zippy 1
05-22-2008, 10:48 PM
I would really appreciate if you all could keep the people in Northern Colorado in your thoughts and prayers. As many of you have probably heard we had about a dozen tornadoes go through our area today. Windsor a town not far from my house was severly damaged, many people are unaccounted for and the damage to the area is unbelievable. My family was very blessed we had a very close call but are all safe and our power is back on. Neighbors down the street were not so lucky as 4 people lost their homes. Tomorrow we will start helping in the clean up. The weather here today was not like anything we have seen in the 15 years we have lived here. Thank you in advance for the prayers I know this great group of people will send toward the people in our area.

katzctkpt
05-22-2008, 11:26 PM
Just saw it on the news. I'll say a prayer and here's some pixie dust. :pixie: :pixie: :pixie:

mrsgaribaldi
05-23-2008, 09:01 AM
Prayers and :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:on the way.

MNNHFLTX
05-23-2008, 12:31 PM
I saw the devastation in Colorado on the news this morning--how awful! And it looks like that storm is churning up even more tornadoes today. :pixie: on its way for recovery and rebuilding.

Jasper
05-23-2008, 12:38 PM
I haven't seen or heard any news in the last couple of days so I missed seeing this! How horrible for everyone involved. I can only imagine the shock they must be in because that is an area that one does not normally associate with tornadoes! Here is tons of :pixie::pixie::pixie: for everyone that needs it! Let's hope that this story finishes with a happy ending for those who were missing!

murphy1
05-23-2008, 01:42 PM
I saw some of it, just very scary! Do you know if Castle Rock was in this area? I have a couple of cousins there and haven't talked to them yet. We have had several tornadoes here in North Ga this year, the weather is just getting weird everywhere. To be honest, I am more afraid of everything here than anything I faced in Florida.

disneydrmr
05-23-2008, 02:04 PM
Prayers and :pixie:. to Colorado!

Tick-Tock
05-23-2008, 03:05 PM
I saw some of it, just very scary! Do you know if Castle Rock was in this area? I have a couple of cousins there and haven't talked to them yet.

Castle Rock is south of Denver, while the tornados were well north of us, so don't worry about your cousins.

The news reports here are astounding - the major tornado was 3/4 of a mile or more across and just churned across the ground for miles. There's a missle silo park in the area (missles long since removed, but the buildings remain) - according to the reports, the tornado moved a 660-ton roof designed to withstand a nuclear blast (moved it two inches, but even that's almost inconceivable!).

pink
05-24-2008, 12:43 PM
This scares me, I lived in Colorado for 6 years and was always frightened of a tornado and it never happened near my home. My heart goes out to all of those people affected by the tornadoes. :pixie:

BronxTigger
05-24-2008, 05:35 PM
I also used to live in Colorado. I lived in Longmont for 3 years and then in Denver for 5 years. One summer, I had to drive from Denver to Greeley and back daily. I drove through both Windsor and Gilgrest on a regular basis. From the news, it sounds like these two towns were the hardest hit. There were also reports of funnel clouds in Longmont. So scary...

:pixie: to all those who were directly affected by this awful weather.

Ed
05-24-2008, 07:05 PM
My SIL has a home in Loveland, right near Boyd Lake. She's currently in Maryland. Any idea how her area might have fared?

:pixie: to everyone in that beautiful area. Stay safe!

Tick-Tock
05-24-2008, 10:04 PM
My SIL has a home in Loveland, right near Boyd Lake. She's currently in Maryland. Any idea how her area might have fared?

:pixie: to everyone in that beautiful area. Stay safe!

Although Loveland is close, I do not believe it was hit (it was towns a little east of there that got the worst of it). Her house probably got some hail, though (we got hail at my house, which is 50 miles south and west of the worst areas).