PDA

View Full Version : Just Questions: Can We Make It To The Fourth?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

MauiMouse
06-17-2008, 10:39 PM
Just a quick zoop before off to nappyland.

Those are strange smiles, but do you think that this possibly could have happened? :gangster: :horse: :beat: What do you think?

This one is kind of cute as well. :sleigh:

Caroleh
06-17-2008, 11:10 PM
Hi all... today has not been much better. :(

I have three new cancer claims running and I take these very personally. I spent most of yesterday and today with my clients and their families. Lots of :hug: and :cry: Now I've got to catch up on my routine paperwork tonight.

I've got some training meetings tomorrow and then I will be with my clients again after that so I won't be around much for a while.

Best of luck. I couldn't imagine anyone in the world I'd rather have working my claim if it were us.

:ditto:

My dear, Buddy, your clients are extremely lucky to have someone as wonderful and caring as you to handle their claims. I'm pretty sure that they will be comforted by the fact that they do have someone that really cares for them as much as you do.

Do you thing we need to talk to Carol about getting a smilie of a red mustang running over a possum? :D

ElenitaB
06-18-2008, 12:06 AM
Zooping in to say good night! I caught up (finally) with today's posts. Glad to hear the good news and sorry to hear the not-so-good. A round of :hug: all around!

:pixie: to Ken and Jasper for their visits with the medical types (and an :umbrella: for Ken so none of that dust makes it into his eyes).

Dr. Ellen? Actually yes, but not this kind: :doctor: which is why I didn't think of the difference between a virus and a bacterial infection re: pink eye. :blush: But I can critique the ink out of a poem or a novel if you want. ;)

Rhonda, how's the project coming along? Mine's moving along... on schedule even. :faint: But it's still a lot of work. I've taken to calling it, the "gift that keeps on giving."

Well, I've got a busy day tomorrow (major interview for my little newsletter and then heading into the City to meet the rest of the day with my manager). So even though old folk apparently don't need their sleep, this old gal is very tired and is heading off to bed! I'll have the coffee ready early tomorrow morning (but not at 5:00 :eek:). Who wants some?

MMouse6937
06-18-2008, 12:16 AM
Just a quick zoop before off to nappyland.

Can I just tell you nappyland made me think of a whole different thing...ok nevermind :blush:

Pogo, SO sorry for what you're going through, I know that you're very passionate about what you do and this must feel very personal to you :hug:

Today was pretty good, went by fast. Tomorrow is kind of a short day, going in the afternoon to get my eyes checked.

So, I was doing great and then Georgie decided to get comfortable on my lap and then use his claws as leverage on my neck! Do you know what kitty claws feel like sunk into your neck? Not fun! So between a bruised shoulder (which I should tell you is becoming a wonderful shade of purple), an infected finger, and cat scratches on my neck I'm a MESS :mad:

Then I guess I will head off to bed :D Night all :hug:

Dsnygirl
06-18-2008, 01:03 AM
She has two husbands?

Very funny...

Hi all... today has not been much better.

I have three new cancer claims running and I take these very personally. I spent most of yesterday and today with my clients and their families. Lots of :hug: and :cry: Now I've got to catch up on my routine paperwork tonight.

Pogo, I'm so sorry to hear what you're facing... that's the rough end of what you do. But your clients are so lucky to have someone who cares so much about them and their needs working with them... you are doing a whole lot more for them than just their claims.
It reminds me of the sad end of the business I'm in... people always say I'm so lucky b/c I'm in such a happy profession... and by and large, they're right. But it's those moments when I'm helping a family say goodbye to their new child, or deal with the fact that the pregnancy isn't going well, that really get to you, and can cloud even the most wonderful moments.
Good luck tomorrow and here's a :hug: to help get you through... know that you are providing just what they need at the moment, and are probably the best person they could've found to do it.

Best of luck. I couldn't imagine anyone in the world I'd rather have working my claim if it were us.

I have fresh frosted brownies, would that help? Chocolate ALWAYS help me!
They're helping me... thanks!! :thumbsup:

Do you thing we need to talk to Carol about getting a smilie of a red mustang running over a possum? :D
Absolutely!

I'll have the coffee ready early tomorrow morning (but not at 5:00 :eek:). Who wants some?
I'd love some... can someone keep it warm for me for when I get up??

So, I was doing great and then Georgie decided to get comfortable on my lap and then use his claws as leverage on my neck! Do you know what kitty claws feel like sunk into your neck? Not fun!
Sarah, I hope you're feeling better when you get up... I don't know what kitty claws in the neck feel like, but I do know what they feel like in the back... when Quincy was about 6 or 7 months old, he launched himself up onto my back while I was cooking at the stove, b/c I was ignoring him, and of course, needed leverage to hang on!! So - out came the claws... yeouch!! There wasn't much I could do at the moment, either, except bend over and pray he'd unhinge himself... must've been quite a site!!

I hope you're all having a good sleep... I'll check in later, and see most of you tomorrow!!

disneydeb
06-18-2008, 04:59 AM
Pogo, You are the one I would want in my corner at times like that. One reason I stay with the insurance agent I have, is that I know he has our best interests at heart. He handled my parents auto insurance a while back. My parents had a wreck after going to see me in the hospital, it was their fault. I told my agent I needed him to handle everything and I didn't want my parents to have to worry beyond filing the claim. He took care of everything. My parents never heard from the person they hit again.:thumbsup:

:hug: &:pixie:

Did anyone see Carol at the smilie factory again? Should we worry?:banned: & :whisper:

pogo
06-18-2008, 07:11 AM
Good morning all........ are you ready for a new day ??? I am.... it's go to get better !

Thanks for your kind words and support. :hug:

Jym.... great news about Rachel. Take good care of her and give her a hug for me and Patti.

Sarah.... did you get your flight booked for December yet ????? Don't wait too long as the prices are going up.

I'll be gone for most of today with training meetings and then two hospital stops for support and claims paperwork gathering so we'll see you all later tonight, maybe.

MMouse6937
06-18-2008, 08:15 AM
It reminds me of the sad end of the business I'm in... people always say I'm so lucky b/c I'm in such a happy profession... and by and large, they're right. But it's those moments when I'm helping a family say goodbye to their new child, or deal with the fact that the pregnancy isn't going well, that really get to you, and can cloud even the most wonderful moments.
Sarah, I hope you're feeling better when you get up... I don't know what kitty claws in the neck feel like, but I do know what they feel like in the back... when Quincy was about 6 or 7 months old, he launched himself up onto my back while I was cooking at the stove, b/c I was ignoring him, and of course, needed leverage to hang on!! So - out came the claws... yeouch!! There wasn't much I could do at the moment, either, except bend over and pray he'd unhinge himself... must've been quite a site!!

Blythe, I know what you mean, I used to work high risk OB before this job and sometimes we were the reason patients were able to continue a pregnancy and have a great outcome and other times we had to be the ones to tell them it was over or not going well. Talk about highs and lows!

And kitten claws....yikes, the back would hurt!! I actually had our old cat Belfour who was about 20 pounds at the time and being chased by our dog run over my face in the middle of the night, he actually pushed off my eye with his back feet. He punctured my eyelid and bruised and cut the heck out of my eye! I looked like I had been in a bar fight! :blush:

Sarah.... did you get your flight booked for December yet ????? Don't wait too long as the prices are going up.

Not yet, Southwest's schedule opens up on the 26th. If that doesn't work out, I'm going to book the delta flight, I'll keep you posted, I'm definately not waiting too long, wanna lock it in now!!

Hope you all have a great day, I'll check in later :hug:

MauiMouse
06-18-2008, 09:34 AM

Not yet, Southwest's schedule opens up on the 26th. If that doesn't work out, I'm going to book the delta flight, I'll keep you posted, I'm definately not waiting too long, wanna lock it in now!!

I know that after I purchase my tickets I shouldn't go and look right? Well Airtran has our flights, both for August & December down from what I purchased them. One was $40 and the other I didn't even check to see what I paid, but it was down too. So if you want to fly Airtran now's the time to check it out.

Hope that everyone has a grand day. I've got another day off, but have to do a lot of things around the homestead & get some groceries today. Kind of a cool day here in the Great Lakes. Where is my sun? :sun:

disneydrmr
06-18-2008, 10:07 AM
Morning all! Happy Wednesday to you!

Hey, Di... can you guess what movie is on Toon Disney???

Ummmm.. let me think a moment... :D

Hopefully it is nothing more than a battery or alternator because depending on the type of car both of these things are fairly easy to fix.

You know, I have read the entire bible, Old and New Testament, from cover to cover two times. I did this the first time when I was in my early 20's. Then somewhere along in life between then and two years ago I lost that original bible so when I decided to attempt this a second time two years ago I had to get a different one. Then about 6 months ago my original one turned up in a box in the basement. What really amazed me is how different the two versions were! You would think that the bible is the bible regardless of who puts it out!

It was just a battery! :whew: Still cost $125.. but I know it could've been worse!

There are so many different versions/translations of the Bible..My favorite is "The Message".. it reads very easy without all the thees and thous and such...

Do you think we need to find Alex to have him help with the pink and green theme?

Where has Alex been hiding? He teased us with that comment about something Maria gave him.. then never came back..

Hi all... today has not been much better.

I've got some training meetings tomorrow and then I will be with my clients again after that so I won't be around much for a while.

Can I borrow a question ????

:hug: Wish there was something more I could do then send you cyber hugs. SHould I call Scott and see if he'll mail you a :bar:?

Would you like to borrow a few questions? That way you're set for a few posts at least...

Well, I've got a busy day tomorrow (major interview for my little newsletter and then heading into the City to meet the rest of the day with my manager). So even though old folk apparently don't need their sleep, this old gal is very tired and is heading off to bed! I'll have the coffee ready early tomorrow morning (but not at 5:00 ). Who wants some?

Try to find a way to get in some rest and fun today.. take care of yourself.

So, I was doing great and then Georgie decided to get comfortable on my lap and then use his claws as leverage on my neck! Do you know what kitty claws feel like sunk into your neck? Not fun! So between a bruised shoulder (which I should tell you is becoming a wonderful shade of purple), an infected finger, and cat scratches on my neck I'm a MESS

Then I guess I will head off to bed Night all

You and I see to be injury prone lately... just as the cut on my arm is healing up fine last night I injured my left shoulder while exercising. (see.. I've always said that exercise is bad for your health!) Not sure if it's a pulled muscle or something more serious.. hurts to move it around and rotate it... I sure hope you heal up fine! THink we should both invest in suits of armour?

Good morning all........ are you ready for a new day ??? I am.... it's go to get better !

Thanks for your kind words and support. :hug:

I'll be gone for most of today with training meetings and then two hospital stops for support and claims paperwork gathering so we'll see you all later tonight, maybe.

You are welcome.. and again.. you are loved! Hope you have a good day.. just remember that you have many friends here at Icot who care deeply for you!

MMouse6937
06-18-2008, 10:29 AM
You and I see to be injury prone lately... just as the cut on my arm is healing up fine last night I injured my left shoulder while exercising. (see.. I've always said that exercise is bad for your health!) Not sure if it's a pulled muscle or something more serious.. hurts to move it around and rotate it... I sure hope you heal up fine! THink we should both invest in suits of armour?

I definately need something lately that's for sure!! Everytime I turn around something is bruised, strained, bleeding, etc!! YIKES. I think I'm going to live in a bubble for a while and see how that goes! :D

So what's everyone got planned for lunch today? It's only 8:30 here and I'm worried about lunch. Going out to eat with my best friend, can't wait! Talk to you all later :hug:

disneydrmr
06-18-2008, 10:45 AM
I definately need something lately that's for sure!! Everytime I turn around something is bruised, strained, bleeding, etc!! YIKES. I think I'm going to live in a bubble for a while and see how that goes! :D

So what's everyone got planned for lunch today? It's only 8:30 here and I'm worried about lunch. Going out to eat with my best friend, can't wait! Talk to you all later :hug:

Hmmm.. maybe wear a suit of armour in the bubble? :D Think we can pass our clumsiness on to someone else? I'm sure amongst all our friends here at JQ there's got to be someone willing to take it from us! :D

My lunch? Not much to talk about.. a green giant single serve of brocoli and cheddar (only 60 calories - but in 5 bites it's gone).. also some carrot sticks... I'm determined to be around a size 3 - 6 by November! Hope you have fun with your friend! Eat something good for me!

Caroleh
06-18-2008, 11:02 AM
My lunch? Not much to talk about.. a green giant single serve of brocoli and cheddar (only 60 calories - but in 5 bites it's gone).. also some carrot sticks... I'm determined to be around a size 3 - 6 by November! Hope you have fun with your friend! Eat something good for me!

My lunch might not be much better. Gilles does the grocrey shopping and he does really well in buying me food to eat at work, usually something I can throw into the microwave. At home we don't have a microwave and he doesn't buy me anything to eat on the days I'm at home for lunch. He figures out the meals for the week, but never the 2 lunches at home. So I have macaroni, eggs, cheese and tuna to eat, but what can you do with those things to eat 2 days a week, every week? Can you tell I'm really tired of that combination?

offwego
06-18-2008, 12:04 PM
Carol, unless you want to take over the grocery shopping you may be stuck. Perhaps if you use a website like kraft for the ingredients you have it would help?

Pogo focus on the fact that those families are much better off for having you to lean on through this..it's not much but I'm sure your a bigger help to them then you know.

Di glad the car thing worked out. Ken good luck coming your way. MsMin I'm not a big expert on any of that but I wish you well in any case.

Hey to everyone else. Is there coffee about?

MissStyles
06-18-2008, 02:57 PM

I hope today was a better day for you, our dear Possumator. Thinking of you here in FL!

Did you have fun? What did you get? :)

You need some protein in there missy!!! How about some turkey rolled up with cheese?

Can you tell I'm really tired of that combination?

I think you need to just start adding more items to your grocery list! Or like Natalie said start doing the shopping....

So this is me the last few days -------- :dizzy: I'm planning a SMALL wedding, it's a year away and I'm already exhausted!:help:

Smile everybody...that's what I'm doing to keep my sanity! :)

disneydeb
06-18-2008, 03:49 PM
I think you need to just start adding more items to your grocery list! Or like Natalie said start doing the shopping....

So this is me the last few days -------- :dizzy: I'm planning a SMALL wedding, it's a year away and I'm already exhausted!:help:

:DI'm smiling... be careful ! Small weddings have a tendency to grow[SIZE="7"]!

When will Friday be here?

offwego
06-18-2008, 03:59 PM
:When will Friday be here?

Would that be after Thursday?

Dsnygirl
06-18-2008, 04:02 PM
And kitten claws....yikes, the back would hurt!! I actually had our old cat Belfour who was about 20 pounds at the time and being chased by our dog run over my face in the middle of the night, he actually pushed off my eye with his back feet. He punctured my eyelid and bruised and cut the heck out of my eye! I looked like I had been in a bar fight! :blush:

Aren't they just the sweetest, gentlest little things?? :funny: :cat:

It was just a battery! Still cost $125.. but I know it could've been worse!

Yeah! That's good news!

... also some carrot sticks... I'm determined to be around a size 3 - 6 by November!
Sounds familiar, although I'll never be a size 6 again... can't even remember if I ever was! ;) But I've got some serious goals for over the summer and into the fall... so maybe we can help each other out!!
(The only thing I will tell you is don't diet right up 'til your trip... the food at WDW will wreak havoc on your system if you do salads and veggeis and lo carb type stuff right up 'til your trip. Trust me.... been there, done that... :ack: .... never again! :blush:)

Tonight, Dan & I will bring Emma's boxspring up into her "new" room and then take her mattress off the bunk beds... she CANNOT wait! She and Julia got home a little while ago and packed her suitcase with all her stuffed animals, etc., and set it in her room so she's all ready to "go"... too funny! :)

So - how's Wednesday treating everyone? I have to admit, I'm pretty tired today. With all the stuff I did around here yesterday and then work last night, I'm beat... and potentially going back in at 11pm tonight. I don't really want to, but if I do, it'll be for OT, so the paycheck will like it...

MamaStyles
06-18-2008, 06:59 PM

Ditto for me too!!!! :bride::groom:
Looking forward to my next visit to WDW:minnie:

When does the mama of the bride get to rest???:vacation:

MMouse6937
06-18-2008, 07:25 PM
Did you have fun? What did you get? :)

We went to Red Lobster and I got the coconut shrimp YUM!!

Aren't they just the sweetest, gentlest little things?? :funny: :cat:
Sounds familiar, although I'll never be a size 6 again... can't even remember if I ever was! ;)
Blythe, you're adorable...and from your facebook picture, you're pretty darn close!! I unfortunately like to eat too much. I try to exercise, me and the girl at work walk on our lunch hour. You think that's enough??? :confused:
[QUOTE=MamaStyles;1661743]When does the mama of the bride get to rest???:vacation:
[QUOTE]
The day after the wedding?

So can I just tell you all that the thermostat outside my bedroom window says its 102!!! I think I might melt...is this how hot it is in :thedolls: Yikes!! I'm going to go try to stay cool...take care all :hug:

MauiMouse
06-18-2008, 08:57 PM
So can I just tell you all that the thermostat outside my bedroom window says its 102!!! I think I might melt...is this how hot it is in :thedolls: Yikes!! I'm going to go try to stay cool...take care all :hug:

Sarah come back to Michigan, it's only 61 right now.

So, I think that I'm getting another cold, just what I don't need. Probably from all this stress over the past 2.5 weeks.

pogo, hope that your day went a little better today. :hug:

Where has Mikki & Rhonda been lately?

pogo
06-18-2008, 09:02 PM
:hi: everyone,

A better day today and I'm home with very little paperwork left so Patti and I just had dinner and we're relaxing for the rest of the night.

Thanks for all your support. It has really helped and I can't wait to see you all.... er.... most of you, in December.

Tomorrow is looking busy again, but I might slip out for a round of golf. It's been almost six days since I last played. Do you think I should ???? Yeah..... me too ! :D

Tink&Goofy
06-18-2008, 09:12 PM
I know that after I purchase my tickets I shouldn't go and look right? Well Airtran has our flights, both for August & December down from what I purchased them. One was $40 and the other I didn't even check to see what I paid, but it was down too. So if you want to fly Airtran now's the time to check it out.

I do the same thing. Fortunately, this time the price has not gone down further - for either Orlando or Las Vegas. That makes me feel better! :D

I think I'm going to live in a bubble for a while and see how that goes! :D

A bubble wouldn't last long against those sharp kitty claws! :D

Our days have been in the low 70s - but the nights are still down in the 40s!!

:hi: everyone,

A better day today and I'm home with very little paperwork left so Patti and I just had dinner and we're relaxing for the rest of the night.
Glad to hear it! You and Patti should kick back with a glass of wine! And YES, you deserve a round of golf tomorrow - even if its not a "working" round! :D

Still have a few brownies around, anyone need a chocolate fix? (besides me :blush:)

ElenitaB
06-18-2008, 09:20 PM
Zooping in to say hi! Had a tiring day, and tomorrow looks to be no better (but as they say, "bring it on" :D). My manager is in town and we spent several hours working together on next year's project plans. We work, we laugh and then we work some more. But the commute is definitely tiring (I'm so blessed to be able to work from home).

Pogo, hearing the news isn't easy, but having good friends does make the journey easier. Thanks for being a friend (and not just an agent) to those folk!

:pixie: and an :umbrella: for Ken!

Jasper, how did it go at the doctor's office? Rhonda, can you come up for air yet?

Later, :gator:s!

disneydeb
06-18-2008, 09:25 PM
Mary, I've been looking at the pictures you have from Pop. You made an extensive photo tour for us. Thanks, it is quiet thorough.:thumbsup:
Why don't you go play golf soon, Pogo? :D

Dsnygirl
06-18-2008, 09:35 PM
We went to Red Lobster and I got the coconut shrimp YUM!!

Blythe, you're adorable...and from your facebook picture, you're pretty darn close!! I unfortunately like to eat too much. I try to exercise, me and the girl at work walk on our lunch hour. You think that's enough??? :confused:

So can I just tell you all that the thermostat outside my bedroom window says its 102!!! I think I might melt... I'm going to go try to stay cool...take care all.
Yummm!! I LOVE their coconut shrimp!! Darn... now I want some... :blush:

:hug: Sarah, I knew I liked you... :) ... my problem also is I love to eat... I love to cook... I just love food, period. So -- I should try to excercise... instead, I schedule it, and then find something "better" to do. I'm going to try to do better, though, once I finish re-arranging my house...

Wow... 102.... it's about 58 here. Sending some your way.... :fan:

Thanks for all your support. It has really helped and I can't wait to see you all.... er.... most of you, in December.

Tomorrow is looking busy again, but I might slip out for a round of golf. It's been almost six days since I last played. Do you think I should ???? Yeah..... me too ! :D
I'm glad to hear today was better for you!!

Yipes... I hope I'm still on the "can't wait" list... :blush:

I'm surprised you're still coherent!! :D

Still have a few brownies around, anyone need a chocolate fix?
Not sure the answer to that question from me will ever be no... thanks!!

My manager is in town and we spent several hours working together on next year's project plans. We work, we laugh and then we work some more. But the commute is definitely tiring (I'm so blessed to be able to work from home).

Hi Ellen! Nice to see you... you're missed around here when you're away more!

That's so nice that you and your manager can work that way... makes the time pass so much nicer, and quicker, too!

Okay, gotta run and jump in the shower... it's off to work for me after all. The girls are officially moved, and Carol's curtain idea worked great -- Emma is LOVING her new little room, and Julia is loving spreading her stuff out again. It's funny to watch them enjoy this so much...

Hopefully I can catch up with whoever's up later... have a great night, and a great sleep!

MMouse6937
06-18-2008, 10:02 PM

So, I think that I'm getting another cold, just what I don't need. Probably from all this stress over the past 2.5 weeks.

Yikes, 61?, can't I have something in the middle? Sorry you aren't feeling well Mary :hug: get better soon

Glad things are better for you Pogo, and I better be on the "can't wait" list ;)

A bubble wouldn't last long against those sharp kitty claws! :D
Yeah, Georgie would be through my bubble in a heartbeat!

:hug: Sarah, I knew I liked you... :) ... my problem also is I love to eat... I love to cook... I just love food, period. So -- I should try to excercise... instead, I schedule it, and then find something "better" to do. I'm going to try to do better, though, once I finish re-arranging my house...

All we can try to do is better, we're only human. I stopped beating myself up about it a long time ago. I am who I am and there's always room for improvement but I just try the best I can everyday.

So I went to the eye doctor today and my eyes are actually getting better!! My eye doctor is also a friend of ours and he really is trying to break my dependence on glasses. He actually got me out of my contacts about three years ago and now I just wear glasses to drive and watch movies, far away kind of stuff. I picked out a new set of frames and some new sunglasses. It was fun, didn't cost me too much of a fortune either! Now I just have to make it to the dentist soon and I'll be caught up on my "maintenance" stuff for the time being :doctor:

Talk to you all later, pizza on the way :hug:

trackbarroness
06-18-2008, 11:46 PM
I'm back, did you miss me? :D
Ought I post details of the visit? :D
Or just leave ya hanging? :D lolol

Dsnygirl
06-19-2008, 12:54 AM
All we can try to do is better, we're only human. I stopped beating myself up about it a long time ago. I am who I am and there's always room for improvement but I just try the best I can everyday.

Now I just have to make it to the dentist soon and I'll be caught up on my "maintenance" stuff for the time being.

:thumbsup:

:scared: :hide2: :hide: :faint:

I'm back, did you miss me?
Or just leave ya hanging? lolol
Of course we did! Details, please... this group doesn't do well hanging.... :D

Anyone up??

Dsnygirl
06-19-2008, 03:37 AM
:search: Where's my night shift?? :bored: Could it be you guys are actually all .... shhhh.... sleeping??? :rub: ... :faint: ... :cry:

disneydeb
06-19-2008, 07:01 AM
Gage spent then night with us. :mickey:
Can you guess who didn't sleep well?:D
I won't be on much today as Gage doesn't like his grandma to talk on the phone to others or sit at the computer.

Sandy, we missed you! We had to take turns making the morning beverages!And Pogo makes the WORST coffee!:D

Got to run, Gage will be up soon~

Have a great day everyone!

pogo
06-19-2008, 07:05 AM
Wow.... Blythe was all alone last night ???? Where were Jym and Cindy ??

Sandy.... were you gone ??? Of course we missed you silly !

I'm sitting here at my desk, and looking at the little paperwork I have and thinking..... yes, I can play some golf today and then an email comes in from one of the companies I sell for proclaiming how there is a webinar today on their latest products available in New York. Oh well.... I'll have to play another day. :(

See you all later. :D

Mickey'sGirl
06-19-2008, 09:10 AM
Carol, unless you want to take over the grocery shopping you may be stuck. Perhaps if you use a website like kraft for the ingredients you have it would help?I LOVE the Kraft magazine and website. I tend to use them for ideas, then make things myself....

So this is me the last few days -------- :dizzy: I'm planning a SMALL wedding, it's a year away and I'm already exhausted!:help:Brian and I were engaged forever (we were still in University, and got married the year after we graduated) ... I tell you. If you can survive a long engagement and the ever changing plans ... you are set for life. You can relax on your Honeymoon!

When does the mama of the bride get to rest???Just don't think about it... :thumbsup:

Still have a few brownies around, anyone need a chocolate fix? (besides me :blush:)I could use a brownie (Nut free please, as I like being alive!)

But the commute is definitely tiring (I'm so blessed to be able to work from home).The commute is the worst part, isn't it? Unfortunately, I would not like working from home any better. :(

So I went to the eye doctor today and my eyes are actually getting better!!
My eyes are getting better too, but I can't off my glasses 'cause I need the crystal in my left lens to stop my eye from wiggling up and down and giving me headaches. Honestly, I would feel nude without my glasses. Can you say security blanket???

Happy Thursday!

disneydrmr
06-19-2008, 09:13 AM
Is everybody up and at'em?

Ken - hope all went well with your eye surgery!

Pogo - so glad to hear your day was better! Hope today goes well for you also.. even without being able to play golf. You know... if it's a 'webinar' couldn't you just take a lap top with you on the course and watch it in between holes?

Deb - hope you catch up on your sleep and have fun with Gage!

Blythe - sorry you were alone last night Blythe. Wish I could keep you company but I'm usually in bed somewhere between 9 and 9:30.

Sandy - yes, you were missed and yes, we'd like to hear about your trip!

Sarah - glad your eyes are getting better! I'll send some of our cool weather your way! We've been in the 50's to start the day and only getting up into the mid 70s.. picture perfect weather!!!

Ellen - sorry your day yesterday was tiring. Hope today is better! I'm thinking of you! And sending hugs your way!

Whew! Did I miss anyone?

Tink&Goofy
06-19-2008, 10:14 AM
:search: Where's my night shift?? :bored: Could it be you guys are actually all .... shhhh.... sleeping??? :rub: ... :faint: ... :cry:
Yep - by that time I was :sleepin:

Wow.... Blythe was all alone last night ???? Where were Jym and Cindy ??
I was getting my DD ready for camp!

I'm sitting here at my desk, and looking at the little paperwork I have and thinking..... yes, I can play some golf today and then an email comes in from one of the companies I sell for proclaiming how there is a webinar today on their latest products available in New York. Oh well.... I'll have to play another day. :(

You mean you might have to work?

I could use a brownie (Nut free please, as I like being alive!) I don't do nuts. It detracks from the chocolate!

A rare daytime check in today. I have to take DD to the camp bus late morning, so I'm at home for a short time. The bad part? I didn't get my Starbucks this morning! :fit:

MsMin
06-19-2008, 10:56 AM
:hide: Can I just hid out here for a year or so??
Hi everyone. just overwhelmed today w/ everyone pulling me to help. I helped Rachel start moving into her new apt for Vet school yesterday and we went shopping later. She wants everything so nice and I'm worried about :spend: the cost now. I am making her get a loan, but every minute. Anyone have any spare furniture they can ship down? :D (just kidding of course).
Then my dad's attorney asked that I ask him for power of attorney:( because he is in such bad health. I asked him that it be for specific instances and my dad had no problem with that. I have 2 siblings and I see that as a problem... you know the ... you can run it but we will tell you what to do. I'm waiting for a social worker to call today to help with my dad. Home health is sending one right out of school. I can be a little intimidating to ones w/o experience and I can count on my mom helping with that.
Some good news. We are waiting on the construction to be completed on a site and it was estimated to be early Dec. I got a call and they are actually ahead of schedule and the closing may be late Sept. or early Oct.
future intercot meet site (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2963057860083799695qpFSoB)
No I don't own it :( it's my parents but I am managing everything so I can relax there. Can you believe they want 700 just to change the color of the room? That's not including paint or labor just a change of color fee. I want to paint it bright and cheery and I hated their wall paper so when it closes I've already got an intercot gang to come help paint and hang paper. :secret: should we let Bret bbq? Payment is in :marg:
I think it's a great place to have an intercot meet:D Ellen does Ben like sand?
I use this to keep me happy... Have a great day all...

MMouse6937
06-19-2008, 11:29 AM
Morning all!! Sorry you were all alone last night Blythe, sure was echoey (sp?) around here!

This morning is a little crazy, we're having a staff meeting at lunch. Between trying to get all the paperwork done for the new PA, hiring a receptionist, etc I'm going crazy. Too late, right?

So I hope you all have a good day, I'll check in from time to time in between the insanity :hug:

disneydeb
06-19-2008, 01:33 PM
Gage is taking a nap. I'm going to too after a quick zoop. Ellen, I'm thinking of you today.:hug:

Can I borrow a question?

MauiMouse
06-19-2008, 02:06 PM
Zooping in to say hi! Had a tiring day, and tomorrow looks to be no better (but as they say, "bring it on" :D). My manager is in town and we spent several hours working together on next year's project plans. We work, we laugh and then we work some more. But the commute is definitely tiring (I'm so blessed to be able to work from home).

Hey Ellen, sorry about the commute and the added stress. I've been thinking about you today.

Our days have been in the low 70s - but the nights are still down in the 40s!!

We've been getting down to the 50s, so not so bad.

Mary, I've been looking at the pictures you have from Pop. You made an extensive photo tour for us. Thanks, it is quiet thorough.:thumbsup:

Thanks Deb, stayed there 3 times already with another couple coming up. I like to take photos, can't you tell? :photo:

Yikes, 61?, can't I have something in the middle? Sorry you aren't feeling well Mary :hug: get better soon

Yup, I would like it if went up like 20 degrees, that would make me a happy camper. Right now we are only at 68 and mostly cloudly. Don't know when we are suppose to see the sun again.

I'm back, did you miss me?
Or just leave ya hanging? lolol

Welcome back Sandy! Yes, we missed you.

Sorry pogo that you can't get that golf game in. But think on the bright side about having a job.

So I found out my hours for next month. I wanted M-T-W but got W-Th-Fr, working from 10:15 - 5:15 on Wed & Thursday and then 2:15 to 8:15p on Friday. Not really my ideal hours but no more weekends. I've worked weekends for the past 10 years. So that will be nice, about the only thing. So I'm a little depressed it's actually going down. They said it's not carved in stone and can change. Do you think that it will? NOT. I am going to have to find another source of $$$.

Dsnygirl
06-19-2008, 02:46 PM
Hi everyone. just overwhelmed today ... I use this to keep me happy...
I'm so sorry to hear things have been so rough... of course you can hide here!! I hope things calm down and take a better turn soon for you...

Ellen, I'm thinking of you today.:hug:

:ditto: -- hope today went well!

This is just a quick zoop for me... I really shouldn't even be up yet, but I have just too much to do over the next few days, and not enough time to do it in. so, like everyone, sleep gets sacrificed... yawn...

I'm (finally) taking the girls to see Prince Caspian tonight... it was pretty much now or never, at least for in the theatres. Tomorrow night's a no-go b/c they have their recital Saturday morning, I work Sat. night and Sunday is Emma's b'day party w/ my family after I get up. Then I work 3 nights, got to NYC for 2, re-group for a night, head back for 3 more and then we're OOT up to Alexandria Bay for 3 nights over the 4th of July holiday. :crazy: Once I realized it was going to be early July before I could take them, I just decided to bite the bullet on a school night and just go... they get to sleep in a bit tomorrow.... :blush:

Boy -- I need a question, and there's just none out there. Where's that question jar???

MMouse6937
06-19-2008, 03:22 PM
So I found out my hours for next month. I wanted M-T-W but got W-Th-Fr, working from 10:15 - 5:15 on Wed & Thursday and then 2:15 to 8:15p on Friday. Not really my ideal hours but no more weekends. I've worked weekends for the past 10 years. So that will be nice, about the only thing. So I'm a little depressed it's actually going down. They said it's not carved in stone and can change. Do you think that it will? NOT. I am going to have to find another source of $$$.

Mary, sorry you didn't get the hours you were looking for but it sure seems like you're looking on the bright side about not having to work weekends. What kind of work do you do? You can come out here and work at our office. You wouldn't be the first, or even second Mich transfer to NM that I know!! :D How are you feeling? :hug: for everything

So I talked to my boss today about me wanting to start working my schedule around some Animal Humane things that are going on. There are so many new things that are happening at the shelter that I really want to be involved in and it would really help my spirit. I'm thinking of trying to do one day off most weeks. She's actually very supportive of it, so we'll see how that goes. We're really close to hiring a receptionist so that would really take some weight off being one of the only two people here. It's hard to be off when you know you're leaving the other person here by themselves.

So hope you all have a great afternoon. Take care, :hug: to all of you!!!

Mickey'sGirl
06-19-2008, 03:33 PM
So I talked to my boss today about me wanting to start working my schedule around some Animal Humane things that are going on. There are so many new things that are happening at the shelter that I really want to be involved in and it would really help my spirit. I'm thinking of trying to do one day off most weeks. She's actually very supportive of it, so we'll see how that goes. We're really close to hiring a receptionist so that would really take some weight off being one of the only two people here. It's hard to be off when you know you're leaving the other person here by themselves.I hope it works out for you! I really needed to have one day off per week to do things that I both wanted to and needed to do with the boys. I took an 20% paycut, but it is so worth it. I volunteer at Harry's school on Wednesday mornings, then I have the afternoon to take Euan to his Speech and Occupational Therapists, and Harry to his Speech and Language tutor. The day is exhausting, but I don't know how it would get done otherwise --- and I really love that I can do these things. So good luck with getting it sorted!

The skies have turned to pitch here. Anyone have a spare umbrella? :umbrella::rain:

:beat:Just kidding about that one! :thumbsup:

offwego
06-19-2008, 03:39 PM
Jenn, I'm tired reading about your day off. Is there more coffee anywhere? I'm always up for coffee. Anyone else seen the reports that it might be good for you? I can only hope.

drummerboy
06-19-2008, 03:52 PM
Zoop.

Well, it's all over but the drops (and more drops and more drops :cool:). Went to the Dr. for post-op this morning and that eye is now20/20. Colors look brighter too.

True to form for the Drummerboy family though--We were on the way to the hosp. in our county yesterday morning for my 9:30 surgery when my office called me on the cell phone. Turns out the air conditioning was out in the hospital where I was going (probably due to the whopper thunderstorm we had Tues. night).

All of us who had Wed. surgeries got shifted to an outpatient surgery place in the next county. So we just turned right instead of left and headed up there. Turned out waiting until about noonish to have the surgery but the people there were very nice and it all worked out.

So now that it's over, I can tell everyone how it was a piece of cake. :D We're going to see if I can do without glasses now.

Wanna ask me if I'm a happy boy? :thumbsup:

disneydrmr
06-19-2008, 03:52 PM
I could use a brownie (Nut free please, as I like being alive!)

Happy Thursday!

If you are allergic to nuts how are you managing to be with us here at JQ? :D

A rare daytime check in today. I have to take DD to the camp bus late morning, so I'm at home for a short time. The bad part? I didn't get my Starbucks this morning! :fit:

Sorry you didn't get your Starbucks...I would've offered you some coffee but our coffe machine here at work was dead this AM. So we had a lot of grumpy and jittery people running around the office.

Hi everyone. just overwhelmed today w/ everyone pulling me to help. I helped Rachel start moving into her new apt for Vet school yesterday and we went shopping later. She wants everything so nice and I'm worried about the cost now. I am making her get a loan, but every minute. Anyone have any spare furniture they can ship down? (just kidding of course).
Then my dad's attorney asked that I ask him for power of attorney because he is in such bad health. I asked him that it be for specific instances and my dad had no problem with that. I have 2 siblings and I see that as a problem... you know the ... you can run it but we will tell you what to do. I'm waiting for a social worker to call today to help with my dad. Home health is sending one right out of school. I can be a little intimidating to ones w/o experience and I can count on my mom helping with that.
Some good news. We are waiting on the construction to be completed on a site and it was estimated to be early Dec. I got a call and they are actually ahead of schedule and the closing may be late Sept. or early Oct.
future intercot meet site (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2963057860083799695qpFSoB)
No I don't own it it's my parents but I am managing everything so I can relax there. Can you believe they want 700 just to change the color of the room? That's not including paint or labor just a change of color fee. I want to paint it bright and cheery and I hated their wall paper so when it closes I've already got an intercot gang to come help paint and hang paper. should we let Bret bbq?

Wow.. sorry things are rough right now. You can hide here all you want! In fact...I know a secret treehouse location that you can hide in! I like to hide there myself... sit on the ledge and dangle my feet off and enjoy the peace and quiet! Do you mind if it's decorated all in Stitch?

Great news on the early closing! Do you need the JQ demo.. er.. Reno crew to come help?

This morning is a little crazy, we're having a staff meeting at lunch. Between trying to get all the paperwork done for the new PA, hiring a receptionist, etc I'm going crazy. Too late, right?

So I hope you all have a good day, I'll check in from time to time in between the insanity

Sorry about your loss of sanity... at least you fit in better with this bunch! :mad:

Gage is taking a nap. I'm going to too after a quick zoop. Ellen, I'm thinking of you today.:hug:

Can I borrow a question?

Sorry.. I gave all my spare questions to Pogo. You know.. Scott is on vacation.. why don't you borrow a few from him.. I'm sure he won't mind.

Sorry about the job problems. I believe Sarah said they are looking for a receptionist! :D

I'm (finally) taking the girls to see Prince Caspian tonight... it was pretty much now or never, at least for in the theatres. Tomorrow night's a no-go b/c they have their recital Saturday morning, I work Sat. night and Sunday is Emma's b'day party w/ my family after I get up. Then I work 3 nights, got to NYC for 2, re-group for a night, head back for 3 more and then we're OOT up to Alexandria Bay for 3 nights over the 4th of July holiday. :crazy: Once I realized it was going to be early July before I could take them, I just decided to bite the bullet on a school night and just go... they get to sleep in a bit tomorrow.... :blush:

Boy -- I need a question, and there's just none out there. Where's that question jar???

WOW! What a busy life you lead! Enjoy Prince Caspian! Throw some kisses at the screen to him for me! He's such a hunk! It's an awesome movie! YOu will enjoy it! A lot more battle scenes, but no blood and guts so it's not that bad.. just more intense than Wardrobe... let me know what you think of it!

I wonder if Scott accidently packed the question jar in his suitcase? You know he waited until the last minute to pack so had to rush around to do so...

disneydrmr
06-19-2008, 04:05 PM
So I talked to my boss today about me wanting to start working my schedule around some Animal Humane things that are going on. There are so many new things that are happening at the shelter that I really want to be involved in and it would really help my spirit. I'm thinking of trying to do one day off most weeks. She's actually very supportive of it, so we'll see how that goes. We're really close to hiring a receptionist so that would really take some weight off being one of the only two people here. It's hard to be off when you know you're leaving the other person here by themselves.

So hope you all have a great afternoon. Take care, :hug: to all of you!!!

That is awesome! I've always wanted to volunteer at a shelter - preferably to walk the doggies! But my time just won't allow for it.. and my work place would definitly NOT be supportive of me taking some time off to do that. I hope it all works out for you! You are doing some great work!

I hope it works out for you! I really needed to have one day off per week to do things that I both wanted to and needed to do with the boys. I took an 20% paycut, but it is so worth it. I volunteer at Harry's school on Wednesday mornings, then I have the afternoon to take Euan to his Speech and Occupational Therapists, and Harry to his Speech and Language tutor. The day is exhausting, but I don't know how it would get done otherwise --- and I really love that I can do these things. So good luck with getting it sorted!

The skies have turned to pitch here. Anyone have a spare umbrella? :umbrella::rain:

:beat:Just kidding about that one!

Whew Jenn... what a busy day off - but it's awesome you are able to be there for your sons!

I don't have an umbrella.. but I do have a poncho from the Columbus Zoo in my car trunk you can borrow!

Jenn, I'm tired reading about your day off. Is there more coffee anywhere? I'm always up for coffee. Anyone else seen the reports that it might be good for you? I can only hope.

As stated in my last post.. no coffee here..just lots of grumpy people going thru their caffeine/coffee withdrawls!

Zoop.

Well, it's all over but the drops (and more drops and more drops :cool:). Went to the Dr. for post-op this morning and that eye is now20/20. Colors look brighter too.

True to form for the Drummerboy family though--We were on the way to the hosp. in our county yesterday morning for my 9:30 surgery when my office called me on the cell phone. Turns out the air conditioning was out in the hospital where I was going (probably due to the whopper thunderstorm we had Tues. night).

All of us who had Wed. surgeries got shifted to an outpatient surgery place in the next county. So we just turned right instead of left and headed up there. Turned out waiting until about noonish to have the surgery but the people there were very nice and it all worked out.

So now that it's over, I can tell everyone how it was a piece of cake. :D We're going to see if I can do without glasses now.

Hey Ken! So glad to hear from you and so happy that you are a happy boy! So glad also that you sailed thru your surgery with minimal inconvenience! Hey guys - now that ken has 20/20 vision we probably need to clean this place up a bit and stop telling him that the ants in that mint ice cream are really chocolate chips! :D

Anyone wanna buy some awesome steaks at a great price?

offwego
06-19-2008, 04:29 PM

From a food place without a working coffee machine? Surely you jest? Besides doesn't this just mean your about to recall them?

MMouse6937
06-19-2008, 04:31 PM

Ken, that's GREAT!! I'm so glad everything went well and you are on the mend. :thumbsup: I went to get my eyes checked yesterday, maybe we were like kindred souls with that? You unfortunately had surgery and I got to order some very glamorous sunglasses, so maybe not.

Just a quick zoop, gotta get back to work!

disneydrmr
06-19-2008, 04:41 PM
From a food place without a working coffee machine? Surely you jest? Besides doesn't this just mean your about to recall them?

:silly: I wouldn't doubt it! Actually they are a part of our "Spring Sellabration"... very tender steaks! I got some NY Strips for myself and will have one tonight on the grill! YUM! I've been told they are very tender. I'm planning to buy a case of Angus burgers also, which I've been told are VERY juicy and awesome! I'm so glad we are allowed to buy 'on credit' here... we get what we want and they take it directly from our pay checks... over a period of time if we request it so it's not all at once. I get pretty much all my meats here.. it's all fresh cut back in our meat room!

Are we there yet? :D

Jasper
06-19-2008, 05:09 PM

Just make sure your bubble has good ventilation, we don't want to have to send the :ambal: over to resuscitate you!

Hmmm.. maybe wear a suit of armour in the bubble? :D Think we can pass our clumsiness on to someone else? I'm sure amongst all our friends here at JQ there's got to be someone willing to take it from us! :D

Hey, I will take your clumsiness if you take my back problems, cancer, and heart troubles!! :D :D Sound like deal to you??

I'm planning a SMALL wedding, it's a year away and I'm already exhausted!

Just remember that getting too wound up about things is not going to make things any easier for you or anyone else involved. All you can do is try to make it work as well as possible and then let the other things go. Just remember, not everything will go exactly the way you want it to so why drive yourself and everyone around you completely nuts trying to make it perfect?

(The only thing I will tell you is don't diet right up 'til your trip... the food at WDW will wreak havoc on your system if you do salads and veggeis and lo carb type stuff right up 'til your trip. Trust me.... been there, done that...
This is VERY true! Most people who claim they have had "food poisoning and the like both at home and when on trips actually just have upset tummies because their bodies were not used to eating that type, quantity, or spiciness of food. I have also had doctors tell us that eating at a significantly different time of day can also catch up with you. The suggestion I have had more than one doctor make is to eat as lite as you can while on a trip and avoid strong heat and/or humidity just before or after eating and things will go down and stay down better.

Glad to hear things are going a little better for you today but am sorry to hear that you were not able to get your golf game in. Your story reminded me of a company where I was Human Resource Director for 5 years. The company had a high percentage of their employees that were actually beyond retirement age and a VERY high percentage of their employees that were in the 55-65 age range. That meant we had a larger than usual number of employees die while I was there and certainly a much larger percentage of employees with serious health issues. I can't begin to tell you how much time I spent just simply holding people's hands either figuratively or literally! And just like you it really became personal when someone got seriously ill or died! What further complicated matters is that about 300 of our 500+ employees had at least one other family member working for the company. So that meant that when I had to hold one person's hand because something bad was happening to them I also ended up holding the hand of their sister, brother, cousin, uncle, etc., etc.

I can certainly relate to your concerns and just want to reiterate what others have already said that it is great that you are more of a friend rather than just their insurance agent!

Jasper, how did it go at the doctor's office?

My doctor visits were pretty basic. I am getting ready for my back surgery next Monday and these were just the normal pre-op visits. You would think that as often as I see the various doc.s that they could just tell the others that I am in OK shape to have the surgery right? But no, you still have to see the anesthesiologist and all the others before they will give you their stamp of approval. The sad thing is that most of the visits are no more than 20-30 minute visits with the doctor and all they do is ask questions that I could answer over the phone or on paper! Then today I had to get blood work done and some chest x-rays. So I am good for another six months of surgery!

So I went to the eye doctor today and my eyes are actually getting better!! My eye doctor is also a friend of ours and he really is trying to break my dependence on glasses. He actually got me out of my contacts about three years ago and now I just wear glasses to drive and watch movies, far away kind of stuff.

So did you have Lasix or whatever it is called?

Yup, I would like it if went up like 20 degrees, that would make me a happy camper. Right now we are only at 68 and mostly cloudly. Don't know when we are suppose to see the sun again.

Be careful what you wish for! We were complaining around here for quite a while this spring about the cool weather and we went straight from that to 90+ weather with 95% humidity. And believe me the humidity is much more of a killer than the actual heat is.

We live in a woods and our house is almost fully shaded from about 11:00am on each day. So as long as the humidity stays reasonable we can keep our windows open much longer than most people. But this year with all the rain we have had the humidity is just way too high and we have had the AC on for a while now!

I know I was one of those Human Resource people we all love to hate for many years but I never have understood the ones who tried to soften bad news by making noises about things they know aren't going to happen. Granted I tried to be as nice as I could but when there was bad news to deliver I never tried to pretend that it was somehow something other than what it was. While the recipient of the bad news didn't like it at least they knew where they stood and felt like they had been treated with dignity and respect!

I hope it works out for you! I really needed to have one day off per week to do things that I both wanted to and needed to do with the boys. I took an 20% paycut, but it is so worth it. I volunteer at Harry's school on Wednesday mornings, then I have the afternoon to take Euan to his Speech and Occupational Therapists, and Harry to his Speech and Language tutor. The day is exhausting, but I don't know how it would get done otherwise --- and I really love that I can do these things. So good luck with getting it sorted!

Isn't it nice when an employer is willing to work with you?

Glad to hear it went well for you!!! I was thinking about you this morning as I was waiting to get my blood work done and hoped we would hear from you!

MMouse6937
06-19-2008, 08:00 PM
So did you have Lasix or whatever it is called?

Nope, just have been training my eyes to do without. My eye doctor actually thinks I was one of those kids whose parents were told that they needed glasses when indeed I probably didn't and I made my eyes lazy by wearing them all these years. He convinced me to throw my contacts out and only wear my glasses when I was driving or needed to desperately see distance, all other times I don't wear anything. This has actually made my eyes stronger and I've been able to almost forget that I wear anything. I could drive without my glasses as long as I know where I'm going, it's just when I need to read street signs or building numbers that they come in handy!! :D

So what's for dinner all? I have to eat something soft, I went and got my teeth cleaned this afternoon. My dentist is so nice, but he told me I have to start flossing more. I guess my teeth are really close together (who knew?) and if I don't floss in between them plaque gets stuck in there and it's starting to eat through the enamel. So forty lashes for me and I'm back to the floss!!

Hope you all have a good evening, I'll check in later :hug:

pogo
06-19-2008, 09:10 PM
Sorry pogo that you can't get that golf game in. But think on the bright side about having a job.

I'm sorry about your job situation and I hope it gets better.

And about my golf game..... I had one of my agents answering the phones and watching the webinar..... turned off my cell phone... and took two hours and played nine !

Funny thing about playing golf..... you find business in the funniest places. I hired two more agents for the fall Medicare Advantage season while I was playing golf with them. I didn't even know they were agents until one of them asked what I did for a living. When I said I owned an insurance business, they laughed and said they were thinking about leaving their agency. Two holes later they said they would come over to the office tomorrow and sign the contracts. I love golf !

I'm (finally) taking the girls to see Prince Caspian tonight... it was pretty much now or never, at least for in the theatres.
Will you review it for us ??? We haven't seen it yet.

The skies have turned to pitch here. Anyone have a spare umbrella?
Nope.... do you want me to send you a :boat: ??

Just think how pretty WDW will look to you in December ! :D

Sure.... can you ship them to me or will you have to deliver them in person ??? :D

Ken, that's GREAT!! I'm so glad everything went well and you are on the mend. :thumbsup: I went to get my eyes checked yesterday, maybe we were like kindred souls with that? You unfortunately had surgery and I got to order some very glamorous sunglasses, so maybe not.

Maybe Ken could borrow them from you. :D

Glad to hear things are going a little better for you today but am sorry to hear that you were not able to get your golf game in. Your story reminded me of a company where I was Human Resource Director for 5 years. The company had a high percentage of their employees that were actually beyond retirement age and a VERY high percentage of their employees that were in the 55-65 age range. That meant we had a larger than usual number of employees die while I was there and certainly a much larger percentage of employees with serious health issues. I can't begin to tell you how much time I spent just simply holding people's hands either figuratively or literally! And just like you it really became personal when someone got seriously ill or died! What further complicated matters is that about 300 of our 500+ employees had at least one other family member working for the company. So that meant that when I had to hold one person's hand because something bad was happening to them I also ended up holding the hand of their sister, brother, cousin, uncle, etc., etc.

I can certainly relate to your concerns and just want to reiterate what others have already said that it is great that you are more of a friend rather than just their insurance agent!

Thanks for your understanding and kind words...... but I did sneak in nine holes.... see above ! :D

So what's for dinner all? I have to eat something soft, I went and got my teeth cleaned this afternoon. My dentist is so nice, but he told me I have to start flossing more. I guess my teeth are really close together (who knew?) and if I don't floss in between them plaque gets stuck in there and it's starting to eat through the enamel. So forty lashes for me and I'm back to the floss!!

Boy.... have I got a "floss story" for you ! Remind me to tell you about it in December ! :D

Tink&Goofy
06-19-2008, 10:33 PM
I'm (finally) taking the girls to see Prince Caspian tonight... it was pretty much now or never, at least for in the theatres.
So how was the movie?

I worked 3 days a week after DDs hearing was diagnosed, and we had speech and audiology to deal with. The plan was to quit when the third one came...but that never happened, due to a job insecurities of DH. So I actually went back FULL time before the last one was born...... I sure miss those days..:(

Congrats Happy Drummerboy!!

Maybe its such a good deal because they have ALREADY recalled it - and now have alot to go around! :D

And about my golf game..... I had one of my agents answering the phones and watching the webinar..... turned off my cell phone... and took two hours and played nine !

I'm glad you got your golf game in today. So now what are you going to do tomorrow? :D

Well DD13 is sitting by a campfire on the beach right now, having the time of her life, I am sure. This is her 5th year going, and she LOVES it. Canoeing, horseback riding, crafts, smores, beach volleyball.....man, now I want to go!!
Last call on brownies - they are just about history! :D

drummerboy
06-19-2008, 10:34 PM
Nope, just have been training my eyes to do without. My eye doctor actually thinks I was one of those kids whose parents were told that they needed glasses when indeed I probably didn't and I made my eyes lazy by wearing them all these years. He convinced me to throw my contacts out and only wear my glasses when I was driving or needed to desperately see distance, all other times I don't wear anything.
When I was in undergrad school, I started needing glasses, but when I started working outdoors in the parks, my eyes actually went to 20/15. But after I got into law school and started teh heavy reading again, that was the end of that. Funny thing is, I think those years in the parks with no sunglasses, combined with earlier years in the outdoors, probably caused the cataracts.

Who's going to have the coffee ready in the morning?

drummerboy
06-19-2008, 10:39 PM
Well DD13 is sitting by a campfire on the beach right now, having the time of her life, I am sure. This is her 5th year going, and she LOVES it. Canoeing, horseback riding, crafts, smores, beach volleyball.....man, now I want to go!!

Some of my best memories from early years are my days at summer camp. I started as a camper at age 10 and spent my last summer as a counselor/area head at 22.

Should we all go join her? She wouldn't be mortified if we all showed up would she?

Dsnygirl
06-19-2008, 10:55 PM
So I talked to my boss today about me wanting to start working my schedule around some Animal Humane things that are going on.
What a great idea... glad to hear your boss is being supportive. I hope it works out for you!! Don't those animals just lift your spirits??

Wanna ask me if I'm a happy boy?
Ken, I'm so glad it went well! That's awesome! Now you'll be able to recognize us all in December, right??

If you are allergic to nuts how are you managing to be with us here at JQ?

Enjoy Prince Caspian! Throw some kisses at the screen to him for me! He's such a hunk! It's an awesome movie! YOu will enjoy it! A lot more battle scenes, but no blood and guts so it's not that bad.. just more intense than Wardrobe... let me know what you think of it!

:rotfl:

I LOVED it!! What an awesome movie... those battles were pretty intense, but still... it was great. The end made me cry... but then Lucy & Aslan always do. :blush: It was so cool to talk with my girls about it afterwards, too, and their understanding of who Aslan and the kids are, and who the "man in the water" was... :thumbsup: I just loved it... can't wait for it to come out on DVD!

Glad to see it fit in!! Dan got 9 in today, too, while we were at the movie... it was a girls' night out, and a boy's night with some peace & quiet!

See above... I loved it, thought it was really well done... I almost think I liked it better than the first. You'd enjoy it, I think!

So how was the movie?

Last call on brownies - they are just about history!
As you probably already read, awesome!

Lucky girl... I wanna go....

You can send some our way, thanks!! :)

Who's going to have the coffee ready in the morning?
:here:

Okay, I'm off to bed now... not much sleep today, and up early tomorrow. Hope you all have a good sleep!!

pogo
06-20-2008, 07:04 AM
Wow.... no night shift ????? :shrug: No coffee made yet ???? :confused: And who left the lights on all night ????

Let's see.... the last one to post was Blythe.... she was probably too tired to remember to turn them off.

Good morning.... bear with me while I clean up this place and get the coffee going.

There.... coffee's on and I'm ready to head out the door for the first meeting of the morning.

See you all later ! :D

MMouse6937
06-20-2008, 07:48 AM
Morning all!! That was a quiet night, and you all let Pogo make the coffee this morning?? :confused: Thanks goodness I don't drink it, good luck to you all.

I'm so glad it's Friday but I sure am pooped out today. The sooner we get this going the sooner it's over.

Hope everyone has a great day and I'll check in later :hug:

MissStyles
06-20-2008, 08:20 AM
So I talked to my boss today about me wanting to start working my schedule around some Animal Humane things that are going on.

Good for you! :thumbsup: You're very lucky your boss is supportive. Did you hire a receptionist yet?

That's neat...I'm glad it went well for you Ken! :thumbsup:

Morning all!! That was a quiet night, and you all let Pogo make the coffee this morning?? :confused: Thanks goodness I don't drink it, good luck to you all.

I'm so glad it's Friday but I sure am pooped out today. The sooner we get this going the sooner it's over.

Hope everyone has a great day and I'll check in later :hug:

I'm glad it was a quiet night...I'll admit I'm having a hard time keeping up with this group lately.....so I've been skimming. :secret:

Any good plans for the weekend? I have family in town again so we'll be doing some day trips and just hangin' out.

:party:TGIF:party:

Mickey'sGirl
06-20-2008, 08:34 AM

Some of my best memories from early years are my days at summer camp. I started as a camper at age 10 and spent my last summer as a counselor/area head at 22.Harry went to a sleep over YMCA camp last year -- and while he said he enjoyed it -- he absolutely did not want to go back this year. He felt very lonely. It's too bad, because I think it's a great experience for kids.

Should we all go join her? She wouldn't be mortified if we all showed up would she?
Can you imagine?!??!!! How much fun would that be?!

There.... coffee's on and I'm ready to head out the door for the first meeting of the morning.Thanks for looking after us.... I really need a coffee! I was up reading until 1:30, and my alarm goes of at 5:20. Needless to say there's not a lot of spring in my step yet.

We have a planless weekend....Can't wait! Maybe we'll have some :beer::marg::beer::marg: out in the gazebo. Anyone wanna come over?

Dsnygirl
06-20-2008, 08:35 AM
Wow.... no night shift ????? :shrug: No coffee made yet ???? :confused: And who left the lights on all night ????

Let's see.... the last one to post was Blythe.... she was probably too tired to remember to turn them off.

Good morning.... bear with me while I clean up this place and get the coffee going.

There.... coffee's on and I'm ready to head out the door for the first meeting of the morning.
Wow... slow night... I offered coffee, but you beat me to it by a mile! :blush: Didn't crawl out of my covers 'til 7:40. Yawn.... Thanks for the coffee -- hope your meeting goes well!

Sending you a caffeine dose of :pixie: that you'll feel better and the day will fly by!

Any good plans for the weekend? I have family in town again so we'll be doing some day trips and just hangin' out.

Have a fun weekend!!

Tonight is just a "relax" night, then tomorrow is my girl's recital! :D Then it's off to work for me, and Emma's b'day party when I get up. I can't believe my baby's about to turn 7.... somehow, it seems so much older than 6!! ;)

Okay, gotta run - E's got a dr's appt this morning, then I'm off to help a fellow Intercotee move into their new house. :thumbsup: I'm so excited for them! (She goes by kisobel, but isn't around too much... ) Anybody want to come lend some muscle?? :muscles:

Bye all -- have a GREAT day!!

trackbarroness
06-20-2008, 08:43 AM
Good morning JQ'ers seems like Pogo has taken over the coffee duties whilst I was away. So how's his coffee making ability? :D
I have flavored creamer here for anyone who wants to try a caramel.
Okay last Wednesday PirateGal and I drove to MCO for our flight out at 3:40, and I'm happy to say we had no delays took off on time with time to spare. We stayed at my sisters house in the next town to Beachwood. My nieces graduation was on Monday and there was a chance of storms for the time frame that the ceramonoy(sp) took place so they held it inside. There were about 300 graduates. No storm inside the cafeteria that didn't have ac on inside the building. ON the return trip, we got back to the airport 3 hours early only to have to wait for the plane to land, and we had just a 20 minute delay due to storms. Am I glad we went home? yes, and I glad we're home? yes. Got to meet my great niece, she's a little doll baby. And she's one.
Well anyway that's the short of it really didn't do a lot there.
So Pogo why does the coffee look very dark and umm rather thick? Looks like mud to meh. :D j/k

disneydrmr
06-20-2008, 09:35 AM
Happy Friday!

Sure.... can you ship them to me or will you have to deliver them in person ???

So glad you got out to play some golf! I'm sure it helped relax you! And so awesome about hiring your new agents!

I can reivew Prince Caspian for you! I've seen it already.. it's about this BREATHTAKINGLY HANDSOME Prince who is trying to claim his rightful place as Prince of Narnia with the help of the Pevensie kids who were once the Kings and Queens of Narnia.. This BREATHTAKINGLY HANDSOME Prince and the Pevensie's have one heck of an adventure... you MUST see it!!!!!

If you'll pay the shipping I"ll be more than happy to ship some to you! We can meet halfway between New York and Ohio if you want! I just had two of the New York Strips last night on my grill and they were sooooo tender! Price is only $4.05 per pound!!! We have a case of very juicy seasoned beef patties.. 24/8oz for only $17.95!

Maybe its such a good deal because they have ALREADY recalled it - and now have alot to go around!

:silly:

Ahhh... summer camp! I remember the two summers I spent at summer camp! I got my first kiss at summer camp also! Ahhhh.. the memories...

Hey - you're in charge of the magic RV.. why not take us to our own private summer camp?

I LOVED it!! What an awesome movie... those battles were pretty intense, but still... it was great. The end made me cry... but then Lucy & Aslan always do. :blush: It was so cool to talk with my girls about it afterwards, too, and their understanding of who Aslan and the kids are, and who the "man in the water" was... :thumbsup: I just loved it... can't wait for it to come out on DVD!

Glad you loved it! Prince Caspian is such a hottie! I'm dying to go see it again! And I'll be the first to get it when it comes out on DVD. I cried at the end also. And the scene at the end of the raid on the castle....and that man in the water effect - it was breathtakingly amazing!

Hey you - you left the coffee canister sitting out on the counter... and you forgot to take out the trash... and you didn't mop the floor... :fresh:

Morning all!! That was a quiet night, and you all let Pogo make the coffee this morning?? Thanks goodness I don't drink it, good luck to you all.

Morning to you! I don't drink coffee either...do you know how to run a stomach pump? Or at least know how to get to the closest hospital? :D

Tomorrow is my last Auntie/Niece day.. this is the oldest niece.. we are taking her to the Columbus Zoo...should be fun and a beautiful day! Only high of 81 degrees so perfect weather! Sunday is my nephew's 5th birthday so we'll be at his party. So a busy weekend here. Hope you have a great time with your family!

Harry went to a sleep over YMCA camp last year -- and while he said he enjoyed it -- he absolutely did not want to go back this year. He felt very lonely. It's too bad, because I think it's a great experience for kids.

Both times I went to camp my best friend went also.. and the second camp session my sister came also.. does Harry have any friends that might go along.. that would ease the lonlieness.. cause I'm with you - it is a great experience for kids and one that I think every child should have at least once!

Tonight is just a "relax" night, then tomorrow is my girl's recital! Then it's off to work for me, and Emma's b'day party when I get up. I can't believe my baby's about to turn 7.... somehow, it seems so much older than 6!! ;)

Good luck to your girls' on their recital! And happy birthday to Emma! :party:

Okay last Wednesday PirateGal and I drove to MCO for our flight out at 3:40, and I'm happy to say we had no delays took off on time with time to spare. We stayed at my sisters house in the next town to Beachwood. My nieces graduation was on Monday and there was a chance of storms for the time frame that the ceramonoy(sp) took place so they held it inside. There were about 300 graduates. No storm inside the cafeteria that didn't have ac on inside the building. ON the return trip, we got back to the airport 3 hours early only to have to wait for the plane to land, and we had just a 20 minute delay due to storms. Am I glad we went home? yes, and I glad we're home? yes. Got to meet my great niece, she's a little doll baby. And she's one.

Sounds like you had a really nice time despite no a/c and the chance for storms. Got a picture you could share of your great niece?

Caroleh
06-20-2008, 09:54 AM
We have a planless weekend....Can't wait! Maybe we'll have some :beer::marg::beer::marg: out in the gazebo. Anyone wanna come over?

Lucky you!!! I wish I had a planless weekend. I have to work tomorrow. Somewhere along the line I was suppose to get every other weekend off, and I haven't had a weekend off yet this month. I'm starting to think I'm only having one off a month and my assistant is having 3. Oh, well, the rest of the staff can't complain that they don't have anay off if I don't take them off!! Actually, I like working Saturdays...no shipments, plenty of staff so I can hide, usually slow!!!:secret:

Tonight is just a "relax" night, then tomorrow is my girl's recital! :D Then it's off to work for me, and Emma's b'day party when I get up. I can't believe my baby's about to turn 7.... somehow, it seems so much older than 6!! ;)

Tell the girls "Break a leg" for me. I know recital can be a really fun, but scary time!! Also tell Emma Happy Birthday from Gilles and me.

Does anyone want to send some energy my way? I wanted to sleep in since it is my day off, but sleep is impossible when you live in a construction zone. I think they're planting trees and filling yards with dirt.

disneydrmr
06-20-2008, 10:02 AM
Does anyone want to send some energy my way? I wanted to sleep in since it is my day off, but sleep is impossible when you live in a construction zone. I think they're planting trees and filling yards with dirt.

Energy??? Sounds like you need us to send you some heavy duty ear plugs instead! :D

offwego
06-20-2008, 10:20 AM
Morning all. I didn't scroll to far back but hope everyone is doing well. Di it's so nice to see you back to your cheerful self!

So is there some of Pogo's coffee left?

Happy Friday all, my Mom is coming down, then I've got a chamber thing going on Saturday at the local marina & then Sunday the fair etc.

Ken how does one join Rotary? I've been thinking I may need to give in and look in to that.

disneydrmr
06-20-2008, 10:33 AM
So is there some of Pogo's coffee left?

Yeah.. there's quite a bit left.. but seeing as how he made it at 7am today it probably ain't the freshest! Would you like me to run to Starbucks and get you some fresh (and safe) coffee? :D

MMouse6937
06-20-2008, 10:34 AM
Good for you! :thumbsup: You're very lucky your boss is supportive. Did you hire a receptionist yet?

Not yet, trying to set up some second interviews with the doctor next week and then we'll make a decision. I can't wait to get some help here!

Sending you a caffeine dose of :pixie: that you'll feel better and the day will fly by!

Thanks, I'm enjoying my coke right now trying to wake up!

I can reivew Prince Caspian for you! I've seen it already.. it's about this BREATHTAKINGLY HANDSOME Prince who is trying to claim his rightful place as Prince of Narnia with the help of the Pevensie kids who were once the Kings and Queens of Narnia.. This BREATHTAKINGLY HANDSOME Prince and the Pevensie's have one heck of an adventure... you MUST see it!!!!!

Morning to you! I don't drink coffee either...do you know how to run a stomach pump? Or at least know how to get to the closest hospital? :D

You don't like Mr. HANDSOME BREATHTAKINGLY Prince do you??? ;)

With Pogo's coffee I might need to break out the stomach pump, that's why I stick to cold soda beverages thank you very much! :D

Well time to take the first patient back and get this Friday started. I'll talk to you all later, have a great day :hug:

disneydrmr
06-20-2008, 10:37 AM
You don't like Mr. HANDSOME BREATHTAKINGLY Prince do you??? ;)

Whatever gave you that idea? :D ;) :blush: :cloud9:

drummerboy
06-20-2008, 11:22 AM
Ken how does one join Rotary? I've been thinking I may need to give in and look in to that.
Best bet is to see if there are any Rotarians you know and ask them to take you to a few meetings as a visitor, then see if you can wrangle an invite into the club. some clubs meet for lunch, some for breakfast and some for supper. Ours is a lunch club. A lot of companies will pay for their employees' membership (I pay my own). Good luck.

What's for lunch?

pogo
06-20-2008, 12:13 PM
We have a planless weekend....Can't wait! Maybe we'll have some :beer::marg: out in the gazebo. Anyone wanna come over?
I'm on the way ! :car: Do you think I'd pass up this chance to be with my favorite Cousin and family ????

I can't believe my baby's about to turn 7.... somehow, it seems so much older than 6!!

And does it make you feel that much older ???? :confused:

But.... you've aged very nicely, I might add ! ;)

So Pogo why does the coffee look very dark and umm rather thick? Looks like mud to meh.
Silly.... you're looking in the old mop bucket Diane was supposed to take care of weeks ago.

1 )
So glad you got out to play some golf! I'm sure it helped relax you! And so awesome about hiring your new agents!

2)
If you'll pay the shipping I"ll be more than happy to ship some to you! We can meet halfway between New York and Ohio if you want! I just had two of the New York Strips last night on my grill and they were sooooo tender! Price is only $4.05 per pound!!!

3)
Ahhh... summer camp! I remember the two summers I spent at summer camp! I got my first kiss at summer camp also! Ahhhh.. the memories...

4)
Hey you - you left the coffee canister sitting out on the counter... and you forgot to take out the trash... and you didn't mop the floor.

1 = Thanks !

2 = How many pounds to a case and yes you can ship them to me. PM me a telephone number where I can reach you or you call me. You have my office number.

3 = Do you mean "Band Camp"... oops... that was American Pie, wasn't it ???? :blush:

4 = Those are not in the Head Possumator's job description !

With Pogo's coffee I might need to break out the stomach pump, that's why I stick to cold soda beverages thank you very much!

:shake:

Jasper
06-20-2008, 12:53 PM
Hey all! Just zooping in for a few minutes to see what is going on. I can't believe it is already past noon and no one has gotten everyone wound up here! And to make matters worse since I am having back surgery on Monday I had to stop taking my pain medications so I really don't feel like being the one to stir things up either.

So, what to do for a question. . . hmmm. . .I know, did anyone else see where the Oscar people are officially making it a rule that only two songs from a single movie can be nominated for an Oscar in a single year? That means that Enchanted will officially be the last movie to ever be nominated for three or more songs. So how's that for a new piece of trivia?

Mickey'sGirl
06-20-2008, 01:18 PM
:hug: and :pixie: Jasper! I'll be thinking of you on Monday!

Ken -- glad it all went well. :sing: I can see clearly now, the rain has gone..... I can see all obstacles in my way... :sing: Wait... excepting the possums of course! ;)

What's for lunch? I had a chipotle chicken burrito. Way good. :thumbsup:

drummerboy
06-20-2008, 01:25 PM
Good luck on Monday Jasper. Hope you have a short recovery period too.

I seem to have one of those planless weekends too. I'm sure DW will figure out a way to fill the time. Fortunately, it won't be furniture moving this time--I can't lift anything over 5 lbs for the first week. Wonder if that means I should have DW lift me out of the bed, chair, etc.? :D Wonder how long I'd live if I asked her?

Caroleh
06-20-2008, 01:29 PM
What's for lunch? I had a chipotle chicken burrito. Way good. :thumbsup:

Your lunch sounded yummy, Sis!!! I went to the store last night because I was in the mood for some real food this afternoon. I made Salmon cakes with creamed peas. Sis, the salmon cakes were from Carrot Cake Murder. They were very good!!! Later I'm making multiple choice bars, the third different way!!! I bought extra stuff to make them again another day!!!

Gee, Ken, you mean if I would of put up the last pictures that were taken of me bellydancing they would of been blurry to you? Even if they were blurry in the first place!!! Dang!!!

Jasper
06-20-2008, 01:39 PM
Good luck on Monday Jasper. Hope you have a short recovery period too.

Wonder if that means I should have DW lift me out of the bed, chair, etc.? :D Wonder how long I'd live if I asked her?

Thanks for the good wishes everyone. This one is to put in a new spinal stimulator because the one they put in two years ago isn't working correctly. If everything goes well I should only be flat on my back for a week or two and then limited movement for the following month. If everything goes like it did when they put this one in 2 years ago it shouldn't be bad.

By the way Ken, that was a rhetorical question wasn't it???

offwego
06-20-2008, 01:41 PM
Ours is a lunch club. A lot of companies will pay for their employees' membership (I pay my own). Good luck.

What's for lunch?I know you so would that count? Just kidding I think I know some others as well. Course it would solve the lunch deal wouldn't it? I'm pretty sure I'd be paying for myself..which is just fine.

They were very good!!! Later I'm making multiple choice bars, the third different way!!! I bought extra stuff to make them again another day!!!!
Multiple choice bars? Can you choose with calories or without?

Mickey'sGirl
06-20-2008, 01:55 PM
I made Salmon cakes with creamed peas. Sis, the salmon cakes were from Carrot Cake Murder. Man -- I'm coming to your place for dinner! Those books sure get your taste buds moving, eh?

I just read the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich and they are constantly eating Italian (which is my food of choice -- I LOVE a red sauce!). I can't tell you the number of times I have turned out the light at night wishing I had a meatball sandwich to warm up!

Howdy Nat..... I can't sponsor you, but I'll eat lunch

drummerboy
06-20-2008, 02:15 PM
Gee, Ken, you mean if I would of put up the last pictures that were taken of me bellydancing they would of been blurry to you? Even if they were blurry in the first place!!! Dang!!!
Speaking of which--when are we going to see those? Especially now that I can see them.

I know you so would that count?

Sure. If you want to make the cummute, I'll take you as a guest. :D

MauiMouse
06-20-2008, 05:10 PM
Lucky you!!! I wish I had a planless weekend. I have to work tomorrow. Somewhere along the line I was suppose to get every other weekend off, and I haven't had a weekend off yet this month. I'm starting to think I'm only having one off a month and my assistant is having 3. Oh, well, the rest of the staff can't complain that they don't have anay off if I don't take them off!! Actually, I like working Saturdays...no shipments, plenty of staff so I can hide, usually slow!!!:secret:

Coming from someone in retail I can so relate. Thanks Carol you made me smile. :D

Jasper, hope that everything goes well with the surgery.

So, on the agenda for tonight, not a heck of a lot. The family is going on a dinner boat cruise on the Saginaw River. Been there done that, so I'll just go home and chill since I have to be back here tomorrow sorta early. Guess not in the boat cruising mode either.

Where's that coffee that pogo made? I could use come good strong caffeine.

Caroleh
06-20-2008, 05:50 PM
Speaking of which--when are we going to see those? Especially now that I can see them.

Here's the pictures from recital (http://www.flickr.com/photos/7835407@N04/sets/72157605419730090). Here's one of me (http://www.flickr.com/photos/7835407@N04/2546406385/in/set-72157605419730090/). Here's our last class (http://flickr.com/photos/22053086@N03/)photo's where I did the solo. The ones of me dancing alone didn't turn out. Guess what? I'm not photogenic at all!!!

Man -- I'm coming to your place for dinner! Those books sure get your taste buds moving, eh?

I just read the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich and they are constantly eating Italian (which is my food of choice -- I LOVE a red sauce!). I can't tell you the number of times I have turned out the light at night wishing I had a meatball sandwich to warm up!

I know there are so many recipes that I want to try. Are there recipes in those books also?

Multiple choice bars? Can you choose with calories or without?

I wish it was!! you can choose the ingredients you want to use. This will be the 3rd time I'm making them and I haven't made it the same yet.

I'm glad I could make you smile!!!!

ElenitaB
06-20-2008, 06:23 PM
Does anyone else have so many user names and passwords that they just forget them sometimes? :blush: I can't see Carol's pics because I can't remember my Yahoo ID.

Ken, good news on the surgery! :thumbsup: So glad that it went well.

Mary, big hugs to you. I sincerely hope that this works out for you.

Can I just hide out here for a year or so??

I think it's a great place to have an intercot meet:D Ellen does Ben like sand?

I use this to keep me happy... Have a great day all...
Beth, you can come hide out here anytime.

No, Ben does not like sand! It's one trait he didn't inherit from me... I'm not happy unless I'm living near a large body of water, and I LOVE the beach! :vacation:

That is awesome! I've always wanted to volunteer at a shelter - preferably to walk the doggies!

Hey guys - now that ken has 20/20 vision we probably need to clean this place up a bit and stop telling him that the ants in that mint ice cream are really chocolate chips!
Are you sure you don't want to work at the shelter, just to see if Stitch shows up?

Ew.... ants masquerading as choc chips???

Jasper, good luck with the pre-op stuff. Such runaround!

I can't believe my baby's about to turn 7.... somehow, it seems so much older than 6!!
What's the deal with 6/7? I had to fill out all the paperwork for school next year, and 7th grade seems so much older than 6th. What is that all about?

Well, school let out today for Ben! :woohoo:

:sing: What time is it? It's summertime... it's our VACATION! :sing:

Anyone else watching Camp Rock tonight? Such is life with a tween!

Later, :gator:s

disneydeb
06-20-2008, 06:37 PM
Happy birthday Emma!:party:

Happy school is out, Ben!:party:

Happy successful surgery Ken!:party:

Good Luck Jasper with your presurgery routine.:party:

Sandy, I'm glad you are back! Are making coffee again? :party:

Pogo, are you practicing for December? :party:

Ellen, aren't you glad it is Friday?:party:

Carol thanks for the pics!:party:

OK, i'm out of my smilie allotment- bye bye!

pogo
06-20-2008, 08:46 PM
Here's the pictures from recital (http://www.flickr.com/photos/7835407@N04/sets/72157605419730090). Here's one of me (http://www.flickr.com/photos/7835407@N04/2546406385/in/set-72157605419730090/). Here's our last class (http://flickr.com/photos/22053086@N03/)photo's where I did the solo.
:eyes: Hubba hubba ! Which one are you ???? :D

Pogo, are you practicing for December?

:yes:

:stop: Do you mean :golf: or :hug: ??????

Actually...... I'm practicing both ! :D

MMouse6937
06-20-2008, 09:31 PM
Here's the pictures from recital (http://www.flickr.com/photos/7835407@N04/sets/72157605419730090). Here's one of me (http://www.flickr.com/photos/7835407@N04/2546406385/in/set-72157605419730090/). Here's our last class (http://flickr.com/photos/22053086@N03/)photo's where I did the solo. The ones of me dancing alone didn't turn out. Guess what? I'm not photogenic at all!!!

It wouldn't let me look :( It said I didn't have permission even though I was logged in!!?? :confused:

Does anyone else have so many user names and passwords that they just forget them sometimes? :blush: I can't see Carol's pics because I can't remember my Yahoo ID.

I wasn't able to see either :(

So I could use a little pixie dust right now. As you all know I have been interviewing for a receptionist at our office. We are hiring someone else because we had advertised and were hiring a PA and were going to need some more office help. Anways the PA had been out of town for a while and she came in a couple days ago to check in. Well long story short, she doesn't think we're offering her enough money, she wants to wait to start with us until September, blah blah. Well that immediately put up red flags for me and the other girls in the office, EXCEPT for the doctor. She still thinks everything is fine, she wants to sign the contract on Monday, is fine with her starting in September, is ready to go ahead and still hire the receptionist, etc. All I can think is...what is she thinking??? :confused: This just seems like such a bad idea now. I know she wants to start in September to give herself some time to look for something better. So we're going to hire a new receptionist, all of us have things we would like to do with our lives (the volunteer stuff I told you guys about the other day) and we could do all of this and have her say that she isn't coming to work for us. You probably think, well who cares if she doesn't come to work for you? We can't afford more staff (receptionist) without more staff (PA) bringing more patient visit money in if you know what I mean.

Well, the accountant is going to try to talk some sense into the doctor this weekend but I guess if all else fails we just go along like she's coming and hope that it all works out. Unfortunately with all the stuff the PA is pulling I have lost all respect for her and I'm not even sure I want to work with her which opens up a whole other can of worms.

Thanks for listening, sorry to be so long winded :(

Dsnygirl
06-20-2008, 10:11 PM
Thanks for the good wishes everyone. This one is to put in a new spinal stimulator because the one they put in two years ago isn't working correctly. If everything goes well I should only be flat on my back for a week or two and then limited movement for the following month. If everything goes like it did when they put this one in 2 years ago it shouldn't be bad.

Jasper, I hope everything goes really well for you Monday... sending loads of :pixie: your way!

I bet you are... but I can't see them, as Flickr won't let me sign in. :(

...I'm not happy unless I'm living near a large body of water, and I LOVE the beach!

Anyone else watching Camp Rock tonight? Such is life with a tween!

:ditto: I knew there was a reason I liked you so much!! :D When we were first married and living in Michigan, I needed regular visits to Grand Haven (Lake Michigan) just to get my "fix"... but Dan knew I just wouldn't be right 'til we got back closer to the ocean.... :blush:

...Anways the PA had been out of town for a while and she came in a couple days ago to check in. Well long story short, she doesn't think we're offering her enough money, she wants to wait to start with us until September, blah blah. Well that immediately put up red flags for me and the other girls in the office, EXCEPT for the doctor. She still thinks everything is fine, she wants to sign the contract on Monday, is fine with her starting in September, is ready to go ahead and still hire the receptionist, etc. All I can think is...what is she thinking??? This just seems like such a bad idea now. I know she wants to start in September to give herself some time to look for something better. So we're going to hire a new receptionist, all of us have things we would like to do with our lives (the volunteer stuff I told you guys about the other day) and we could do all of this and have her say that she isn't coming to work for us. You probably think, well who cares if she doesn't come to work for you? We can't afford more staff (receptionist) without more staff (PA) bringing more patient visit money in if you know what I mean.

Unfortunately with all the stuff the PA is pulling I have lost all respect for her and I'm not even sure I want to work with her which opens up a whole other can of worms.

Thanks for listening, sorry to be so long winded.
Sarah, I'm so sorry you have to deal w/ this... sounds pretty lame from the PA, and just wishful thinking from your doc. I can understand your desire to not work with the girl... sounds like some of the stuff we deal with with our residents, and if the respect is gone, the working relationship just doesn't... well, work!! Good luck dealing w/ it... and don't worry about being long-winded... it happens to all of us here now & again, and you know we're here to listen!! :)

So -- where did my day go??? Seems I was just on here this morning, starting my day... and now, it's almost over! :confused: But... in between all my running around, I was able to get Emma's birthday cake done, it just needs to be decorated tomorrow. (She wanted a beach theme, so her cake is going actually be two cakes, cut to look like flip flops on the sand (crumbled graham crackers), and all our decorations and plates, etc., are flip flops and tiki stuff. :D) I think she'll be very surprised!

But for now, I've got to go finish some laundry and get ready for tomorrow... who's got the morning coffee?? I'll supply the English muffins and jam....

ElenitaB
06-20-2008, 10:12 PM
Pogo, are you practicing for December?

Do you mean :golf: or :hug: ??????

Actually...... I'm practicing both ! :D
Hey, Pogo, maybe she means :tennis: What do you think, Mikki? ;)

Sarah, here's some :pixie: for you and everyone at the practice you work at.

So, is everyone having a nice evening?

drummerboy
06-20-2008, 10:15 PM
:eyes: Hubba hubba ! Which one are you ???? :D

She's the one in the belly dancing outfit. :D

Looks like you're having fun, Carol, although the only ones I could see were the ones from class. Were you just trying to tease us?

Caroleh
06-20-2008, 11:08 PM
Okay, I redid a few of the photos quickly and loaded them onto my webpage (http://caroleh.freehomepage.com/Publication2.htm). It's not very many, but I'll try and get some more up within the next few days.

Can you see them now?

MMouse6937
06-21-2008, 12:15 AM
I WAS able to look!! WOO HOO!! :yay: Carol, you are beautiful!!! That's looks like so much fun!! Thanks so much for sharing those pictures, it's so nice to see what we all do when we're not lurking on Intercot!! I actually helped out at a belly dancing competition whose proceeds were all going to the animal shelter. I was absolutely facinated by the whole thing, very exciting!!

Thanks for all the thoughts and pixie dust everyone, I will keep you posted on what happens with the PA dilemma.

So what's for dessert? I need a snack! :D

Beast_fanatic
06-21-2008, 12:21 AM
Can you see them now?

Yes, I can! :thumbsup: Flickr wouldn't let me see the others either even though I was signed in. :confused:

Just popping in to say hi! :wave:

Still busy working on my project - I'm aiming for completion 6/30, but I'm not sure I'll make it. Wish me luck!

:pixie: to all that need it, including Jasper for his surgery on Monday!

Have I missed anything else important? :blush:

dlpmikki
06-21-2008, 03:04 AM
I had the same problem with Flickr Rhonda! Thanks for putting them on your webpage Carol - worth the wait.

So I'm going to visit my aunt today because they are having some Gardens open for charity today near them. Unfortunately the forecast is for heavy rain all day. Not the best garden viewing weather I suspect. One of the gardens is owned by someone who knows me but hasn't seen me since I was a small girl. Do you think we will recognise each other?

:pixie: for everyone who needs it for health, work or anything else.

Zooping out....

Natazu
06-21-2008, 04:09 AM
Best bet is to see if there are any Rotarians you know and ask them to take you to a few meetings as a visitor, then see if you can wrangle an invite into the club. some clubs meet for lunch, some for breakfast and some for supper. Ours is a lunch club. A lot of companies will pay for their employees' membership (I pay my own). Good luck.I know some Rotarian... Ootah goota Solo?

She's the one in the belly dancing outfit. :D

I thought Pogo was the one in the belly dancing costume. :confused:

trackbarroness
06-21-2008, 04:42 AM
Good JQ'ers the coffee and hot water are on for those of us who enjoy hot beverage even during the summer. There are juices and, sodas for those who don't drink a hot beverage at anytime of the year.
Will being able to attend just one day of the JQ meet be okay?
Back to work today which is just from 8 to 4:30ish.
Have a magical day

disneydeb
06-21-2008, 07:01 AM
Sandy, since we will be touring MK most of the day, we willl more than likely see you some! Thanks for the breakfast beverages!
Does any one want an omlet and toast?
Gage and I will cook some when he gets here. :mickey: He is Grandma's little helper.

Sarah, good luck with the PA situation....I don't see it being resolved anytime soon though.

Mikki, have a good time viewing gardens today.

Ellen, how are you and Ben celebrating an end to sixth grade?

Carol, I bet you are so much fun! Your pictures look great!

MauiMouse
06-21-2008, 07:35 AM

Ellen, same thing here, have way too many passwords for various sites. I found a free program that works perfect it's called Passkeeper, just google it. Very easy to use.

Sarah, sorry to hear about all of this, wow, makes you really wonder sometimes. I hope that it gets better before September.

Can you see them now?

Yup, can see them now. Thanks for the link, looks like you had a lot of fun.

Still busy working on my project - I'm aiming for completion 6/30, but I'm not sure I'll make it. Wish me luck!

Good luck Rhonda, and don't work too hard. :thumbsup:

So I'm going to visit my aunt today because they are having some Gardens open for charity today near them. Unfortunately the forecast is for heavy rain all day. Not the best garden viewing weather I suspect. One of the gardens is owned by someone who knows me but hasn't seen me since I was a small girl. Do you think we will recognise each other?

Hi Mikki! Hopefully you won't get too wet today.

It looks like a beautiful day so far here on the Great Lakes, with some thunderstorms later in the day. How's is it in your neck of the woods?

Gage and I will cook some when he gets here. :mickey: He is Grandma's little helper.

Deb, have fun with Gage today.

pogo
06-21-2008, 09:09 AM
Good morning all.........

Today is a special day for a special girl !

:party2:.....Happy Birthday Emma !.....:party2:

:cake:

Hey, Pogo, maybe she means tennis. What do you think, Mikki?
I think you are a trouble maker ! Mikki said she doesnt want to talk about it anymore. Right Mikki ???? :D

Can you see them now?
Yep..... I'm so proud of you ! Good job, Buddy ! :D

I WAS able to look!! WOO HOO!! Carol, you are beautiful!!! That's looks like so much fun!!
Does this mean you are going to start taking lessons also ???? Mike will love it and I think you'd be great too ! :D

Just popping in to say hi!

Hi Rhonda..... good luck with your project ! :D

I thought Pogo was the one in the belly dancing costume.

:shake:

That was a pretty lame comment.

Does any one want an omlet and toast?
Gage and I will cook some when he gets here. He is Grandma's little helper.

Carol, I bet you are so much fun! Your pictures look great!
No thanks.... we've got cakes on the griddle !
Anybody want some ????

Carol is a ball...... too bad she is not going to be with us in December.... you'd love her.... and Gilles too !

It looks like a beautiful day so far here on the Great Lakes, with some thunderstorms later in the day. How's is it in your neck of the woods?

Pretty much the same here ! Lots of sun to start and the forecast TS in the evenings.

MMouse6937
06-21-2008, 10:46 AM
Does this mean you are going to start taking lessons also ???? Mike will love it and I think you'd be great too ! :D

Ummmm....No, don't think I would be very good at that, I'll live vicariously through Carol! :D

So morning all!! I'm up and going to get ready to head to the mobile adoption unit this morning. We're in the parking lot of the local mall, hopefully that will draw some more people. We didn't adopt any animals at the Petsmart last weekend and all I did is bugger my shoulder! I promise I'll be more careful today! Wish all the furry babies luck, we have 135 cats in the shelter right now, times are tough.

Today is the 4th anniversary of my Belfour baby kitty dying :( He was only 7 and Mike found him passed away under his trailer in the driveway. He didn't look like he had been hit by a car or mauled but we didn't bother with an autopsy since he had been passed for most of the day. I sure had a strange vibe when he didn't come visit me in the morning while I was getting ready for work. He was the king of my castle and my baby boy, I miss him every day :paw::cat: So, today I will be trying to find other homeless animals families in his name.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day, I'll check in later.

So can anyone tell me what the heck this guy's doing? :monkey: Love ya all!!

BronxTigger
06-21-2008, 11:14 AM
So can anyone tell me what the heck this guy's doing? :monkey: Love ya all!!

He's eating a banana then tossing the peel over his shoulder. :D

Just zooping in...I've read a few pages here and there on this thread, but not the thing all the way through.

Thursday is our last day of school. I'm trying to figure out a couple of things:
How to keep the kids busy for 3.5 more days.
How to fit everything in the closet.

Any ideas?

ElenitaB
06-21-2008, 11:52 AM
Happy birthday, Emma!
:party: :trio: :party:

Blythe, what a great party idea and the cakes sound adorable! Pictures, please!

Rhonda, good luck! We're past testing and have deployed the site, but the formal launch may be delayed as we're going through multiple structural changes come July 1st (our launch date). They're all reflected on the site, but let's see if leadership is ready to make them known. Sigh... but I'm pretty darn happy after having worked on this since December 05. :D I think when it finally launches, I'll be a blubbering mess (you know... happy tears).

How are we celebrating the end of sixth grade? We're going to plan some activities for the summer and plan out a daily schedule. Also, someone will be getting his very own laptop :secret: so that he can do his summer work on it (and get off my laptop). La actividad central de este verano es que va a aprender español usando Rosetta Stone (y su mami). I also want to get him started on some computer animation programs and computer drawing programs. i may even begin to teach him PhotoShop. And, last but not least, I'm looking for some art classes for him so that he can begin to round out a solid portfolio (in another year, he'll be applying for high school and that includes LaGuardia, sister school to the school featured in the movie Fame). If you ask him, he'll tell you he plans on planning RuneScape, Toontown and Wii Fit (and staying up late and sleeping in every day :nono:). Sorry you asked? :blush:

Bethany, have you thought about emptying out the closets and putting the kids in there to keep them quiet? Muawhahahaha! Also, been on any funny busses again lately? I was wondering what they were doing to 34th Street. Those new fancy bus routes —though much needed— could make it difficult to get to the Cancer Center.

Enjoying your weekend off, Mary?

Sandy, we'd love to have your company for as long as you can hang out with us.

Sarah, have a good day today. Hope a lot of kitties find homes today!

Has anyone seen any good movies lately? I want to go tomorrow afternoon and do NOT want to see The Hulk? Anyone see Get Smart yet?

pogo
06-21-2008, 12:04 PM
Has anyone seen any good movies lately? I want to go tomorrow afternoon and do NOT want to see The Hulk? Anyone see Get Smart yet?
How about "the Love Guru" ???? It should be right up your alley ! :D

drummerboy
06-21-2008, 12:10 PM
The pictures came through, Carol. You look very elegant. When will you be applying to work at the Morrocan restaurant in Epcot?

We started the day with thunderboomers and it's still dark and thundery. I think DW wants to head up to the big city to a JoAnn's fabric store; she need stuffin's for a project she's been working on and we don't have a fabric store in town any more. On a gray day like this, I think I'd rather just flop around.

Have a good day, all.

MsMin
06-21-2008, 12:12 PM
Does anyone else have so many user names and passwords that they just forget them sometimes?

Beth, you can come hide out here anytime.

No, Ben does not like sand! It's one trait he didn't inherit from me... I'm not happy unless I'm living near a large body of water, and I LOVE the beach!

I try to use the same password if I can. LSU requires a 15 digit password and that's a pain.
Ellen I love the beach too. Did you see the pics? I could just live there. My son hates the beach too. Funny his old roommate is getting married and they are having the bachelor party down there. They will go fishing and stuff. It's more family oriented than the "college scene".
We are trying to decide between going to the Keys and NYC...

So I could use a little pixie dust right now. As you all know I have been interviewing for a receptionist at our office. We are hiring someone else because we had advertised and were hiring a PA and were going to need some more office help. Anways the PA had been out of town for a while and she came in a couple days ago to check in. Well long story short, she doesn't think we're offering her enough money, she wants to wait to start with us until September, blah blah. Well that immediately put up red flags for me and the other girls in the office, EXCEPT for the doctor. She still thinks everything is fine, she wants to sign the contract on Monday, is fine with her starting in September, is ready to go ahead and still hire the receptionist, etc. All I can think is...what is she thinking??? :confused: This just seems like such a bad idea now. I want to work with her which opens up a whole other can of worms.
Sending :pixie: and I agree with you... if you have having problems now it's a sign of things to come. You know what they say a leopard doesn't change his spots...

Happy Friday!
Hey you - you left the coffee canister sitting out on the counter... and you forgot to take out the trash... and you didn't mop the floor...

uhh... that was me... funny you can see that from there :blush:
Diane, thanks for the support. I hid out yesterday after lunch.
I don't understand why kids can't get time management. My dd calls me at 2 pm asks if I would go to lunch with her (translation: I'm broke can you feed me) and if she has enough time to eat lunch go buy paint, paint her bedroom in her new apt and asked if the paint would be dry before 6pm for when her friend was coming to help move furniture. :rotfl: I got there at 5 to help. We painted til the 9th inning of the LSU game. We are only 1/2 way done. :spend: When do kids learn that money doesn't grow on trees? She wants a new TV stand (would really love a new TV too) a new headboard and mattress, a new desk, because she just got one 2yrs ago but she got a white one and now wants to go back to brown furniture. She needs a fairy godmother. :magic:
Hope all have a wonderful weekend.
I must not have gone back far enough b/c I've been a little confused with the surgeries etc.... Maybe I should read some more....

BronxTigger
06-21-2008, 12:14 PM
Also, someone will be getting his very own laptop :secret: so that he can do his summer work on it (and get off my laptop)

Bethany, have you thought about emptying out the closets and putting the kids in there to keep them quiet? Muawhahahaha! Also, been on any funny busses again lately? I was wondering what they were doing to 34th Street. Those new fancy bus routes —though much needed— could make it difficult to get to the Cancer Center.

Why don't you give him YOUR laptop and then YOU get a new one?

No, on Friday I was on a standard bus...no polka dots! (Image search on Google "NYC polka dot buses" if you need a visual!) Kind of boring LOL. They have been installing new bus shelters with Metrocard machines along Pelham/Fordham and they say the new route is supposed to start in June, so I'll be looking for the new bus route sometime in August. I guess the new route is also supposed to have signals to make the stoplights turn green and also a new design on the outside of the bus. I'm not sure how it will affect parking along Fordham. Should be interesting...

Beast_fanatic
06-21-2008, 02:46 PM
Only 15 minutes until the a/c shuts off in here and I can warm up! :freeze: While I do appreciate them running the a/c until 2pm in my office on Saturdays, without anyone else around and very few machines on, it gets chilly in here!

Hope everyone is having a good day!

Did everyone have a good, nutritious lunch? I had the chicken off a Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich with a side salad with light ranch dressing. Not the most nutritious lunch ever, but it was really good!

MissStyles
06-21-2008, 05:39 PM
But... in between all my running around, I was able to get Emma's birthday cake done, it just needs to be decorated tomorrow. (She wanted a beach theme, so her cake is going actually be two cakes, cut to look like flip flops on the sand (crumbled graham crackers), and all our decorations and plates, etc., are flip flops and tiki stuff. :D) I think she'll be very surprised!

Blythe will you pleaeesseee take pictures of the cake? I'd love love love to see it. Have fun! :party:

Okay, I redid a few of the photos quickly and loaded them onto my webpage (http://caroleh.freehomepage.com/Publication2.htm). It's not very many, but I'll try and get some more up within the next few days.

Can you see them now?

Yes they are great, you look awesome and the decorations are so COOOOOL! :cool:

Thanks for all the thoughts and pixie dust everyone, I will keep you posted on what happens with the PA dilemma.

I really hope you aren't stressing about work too too much...just let it flow and see what happens....the worst is when you worry about work when you're not at work, and you shouldn't be wasting your precious personal time on that. Btw I saw a sign today that said there was an animal adoption going on, I immediately thought of you!!!

Will being able to attend just one day of the JQ meet be okay?

No - not at all ;)

Just zooping in...I've read a few pages here and there on this thread, but not the thing all the way through.

:ditto: It's so hard!

Did everyone have a good, nutritious lunch? I had the chicken off a Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich with a side salad with light ranch dressing. Not the most nutritious lunch ever, but it was really good!

I had a smoothie with strawberries, blueberries, honey and milk.

I bought the BEST candle today........hot fudge brownie flavored and my apartment is smelling amazing right now.

Hello to everyone else......glad to see you've all been chatting...enjoy your evening...

disneydeb
06-21-2008, 06:16 PM
Blythe will you pleaeesseee take pictures of the cake? I'd love love love to see it. Have fun! :party:

Yes they are great, you look awesome and the decorations are so COOOOOL! :cool:

I really hope you aren't stressing about work too too much...just let it flow and see what happens....the worst is when you worry about work when you're not at work, and you shouldn't be wasting your precious personal time on that. Btw I saw a sign today that said there was an animal adoption going on, I immediately thought of you!!!

I bought the BEST candle today........hot fudge brownie flavored and my apartment is smelling amazing right now.

Hello to everyone else......glad to see you've all been chatting...enjoy your evening...

:ditto: on everything,but the candle. I can't buy anything like that because it maks me want to eat brownies until the smell is gone.
:(

Did anyone see my question?

MauiMouse
06-21-2008, 06:27 PM
Today is the 4th anniversary of my Belfour baby kitty dying :( He was only 7 and Mike found him passed away under his trailer in the driveway. He didn't look like he had been hit by a car or mauled but we didn't bother with an autopsy since he had been passed for most of the day. I sure had a strange vibe when he didn't come visit me in the morning while I was getting ready for work. He was the king of my castle and my baby boy, I miss him every day :paw::cat: So, today I will be trying to find other homeless animals families in his name.

Sarah, sorry about your little fur baby. Kind of ironic but my Mia :cat: also died 4 years ago this month. I guess that I didn't remember but it was June 2004. I miss her a lot. She was my baby girl. It doesn't seem possible she's been gone that long already.

How are we celebrating the end of sixth grade? We're going to plan some activities for the summer and plan out a daily schedule. Also, someone will be getting his very own laptop :secret: so that he can do his summer work on it (and get off my laptop). La actividad central de este verano es que va a aprender español usando Rosetta Stone (y su mami). I also want to get him started on some computer animation programs and computer drawing programs. i may even begin to teach him PhotoShop. And, last but not least, I'm looking for some art classes for him so that he can begin to round out a solid portfolio (in another year, he'll be applying for high school and that includes LaGuardia, sister school to the school featured in the movie Fame). If you ask him, he'll tell you he plans on planning RuneScape, Toontown and Wii Fit (and staying up late and sleeping in every day :nono:). Sorry you asked? :blush:

Enjoying your weekend off, Mary?

Very nice Ellen, and yes get him into all as many computer programs as possible. I'd kill if I could learn web publishing. I might go back to school and take some classes.

Still at work this weekend, more or less it starts the first full weekend in July.

Anybody have an extra question laying around?

MMouse6937
06-21-2008, 06:42 PM
Afternoon all!! :hug:

Just got back from the mobile...two dogs and four cats adopted today!! WOO HOO!! :thumbsup: Feels like a very good thing, I feel like Belfour would be proud. I thought of him a lot while there.

Now I think I'm going to lay down for a little bit before Mike gets home from work, then dinner and who knows. I'd like to watch a movie but I'll have to see what Mike wants to do (I should consult him, right?)

Hope you all have a quiet evening, I'll check in later!

disneydeb
06-21-2008, 07:11 PM
Afternoon all!! :hug:

Just got back from the mobile...two dogs and four cats adopted today!! WOO HOO!! :thumbsup: Feels like a very good thing, I feel like Belfour would be proud. I thought of him a lot while there.

Now I think I'm going to lay down for a little bit before Mike gets home from work, then dinner and who knows. I'd like to watch a movie but I'll have to see what Mike wants to do (I should consult him, right?)

Hope you all have a quiet evening, I'll check in later!

Sarah, I have often wondered what cause you to have such care for homeless animals and reading through the posts today I understand. I admire you greatly for doing what you do for animals..:thumbsup:

Another friend close to animals is Marilyn Machetti- I remember reading when she lost her beloved dog. I felt so sorry for her,she really expressed her feelings well.
Marilyn, if you ever stop by JQ, perhaps you can answer this for me - Did you ever decide to get another puppy to help fill the void left by the one you lost? I'm not trying to make you sad, just trying to find out something I've been wondering about.:thumbsup:

Caroleh
06-21-2008, 07:39 PM
Thank you, everyone for your kind words!!! I see the pictures and think how dorky I look!! Then I think I really have to lose weight, but then again so far I've lost 4 pant sizes since I began dancing.

Sarah, if I can do it, anyone can do it. I have two left feet and didn't know a downbeat from an upbeat. We danced this year to Akon's "Shake Your Body" I'd like to learn something more intense, but first I have to get the simple stuff.

Emily, I helped with the stage decoration. My quilted wallhanging was the center piece of the stage. I like the dancing, but I really enjoy the costuming and stage decorating better.

Blythe, Emma's cake sounds really cool!!! You'll have to share your pictures!!

Ken, if your DW wants fabric, you can always bring her to my store!!! :D My sales were really bad this week and everything in the store was on sale for 50% off.

Hey, Buddy, if I could win the lottery tonight, I'd join you in December. Does anybody have any lottery pixie dust? :D I think if I could win $27 million, all tax free, there would be a trip to WDW and a meal for my friends!!!:D

drummerboy
06-21-2008, 08:10 PM
Ellen I love the beach too. Did you see the pics? I could just live there.
Would you consider me a braggart if I said I do live at the beach? :D (Well, whithin 15 minutes). DW and I went to another nearby beach town today because we'd seen something on the news that a donut shop there had just won some kind of national 'best donuts' competition. We got two each and they were really good. Can't say the workers were the friendliest around though. After that, we went to a couple of fabric places so DW could stock up on project supplies. Which brings us to...

Ken, if your DW wants fabric, you can always bring her to my store!!! :D My sales were really bad this week and everything in the store was on sale for 50% off.
I think we put on enough mileage to have gotten about halfway to your store today. :D After all that, we went to an Appleby's for for lunch/supper. I had the steak/grilled shrimp combo and DW had a steak with parmeson shrimp sauce. Anybody got any dessert left?

pogo
06-21-2008, 08:21 PM
I think we put on enough mileage to have gotten about halfway to your store today. :D After all that, we went to an Appleby's for for lunch/supper. I had the steak/grilled shrimp combo and DW had a steak with parmeson shrimp sauce. Anybody got any dessert left?

No desert fo you ! :shake:

If you were that close to Caroleh.... why didn't you stop in here ????? You must have been just down the road !

We had Grilled Rib Eye, Grilled red potatoes, Green beans and garlic toast.
It sure was good ! :D

drummerboy
06-21-2008, 08:29 PM
No desert fo you ! :shake:
OK, how much did DW pay you to say that? :blush:

Forgot to mention that I did all the driving today with no glasses on (except sunglasses). The first time in I don't know how long I've been able to do that

Dsnygirl
06-21-2008, 08:43 PM
Today is a special day for a special girl !

:party2:.....Happy Birthday Emma !.....:party2:

:cake:

Pogo, thanks so much for doing that -- her birthday is actually the 29th, we're just celebrating tomorrow b/c we'll be out of town on the 29th... but I'll let her know you've all sent her birthday wishes -- she'll love it! :hug:

Blythe, what a great party idea and the cakes sound adorable! Pictures, please!

Not a problem! I'll upload some tomorrow...

... your summer w/ Ben sounds fun! I think it's great you're going to get him into the computer programming, etc... that's awesome.

Sort-of... we went out to Friendly's after the recital, and I had a Caesar chicken salad and some watermelon sorbet. Yummmm!

Blythe will you pleaeesseee take pictures of the cake? I'd love love love to see it. Have fun!

Sure will!!

:ditto: on everything,but the candle. I can't buy anything like that because it maks me want to eat brownies until the smell is gone.

Deb, I'm the same way... I can't ever burn anything that smell like food, all I want is to go buy some or bake some or forage for some somewhere... :blush:

Sarah, that's great!! :woohoo: What you're doing is so awesome....

So, the recital went great and the girls did such a good job and had such fun... I'll try to put some pics up from it, too.

At work.. gotta run... did I ask a question somewhere??

Beast_fanatic
06-21-2008, 10:51 PM
Where did everybody go? :search:

disneydeb
06-21-2008, 10:59 PM

They went out to try to help you get your project done. :D

When do you think they will be back?;)

Tink&Goofy
06-21-2008, 11:06 PM
Does anyone else have so many user names and passwords that they just forget them sometimes?

I just have to laught - at work they always say to not write them down. Yah right! Last time I checked I had about 35 or 36 different log ins/passwords for different systems, etc. Of course, you can't use the same for each, since some MUST have special characters, and some CANNOT have special characters etc. Plus you have to change them about every 90 days. Ugh!!

We saw Narnia: Prince Caspian today. GREAT movie! I liked it even more than the first one!

Why don't you give him YOUR laptop and then YOU get a new one?

I'm here! Just got back from pizza!! Guess the teriyaki chicken has to wait until tomorrow! :blush:

We were up early and went to the farmer's market for strawberries. There is NOTHING as good as Oregon strawberries! No sugar needed - they are super sweet! So now I have to turn them into Jam! (and restock the freezer that DD defrosted). Tomorrow we will likely need to transfer our wine from the primary fermentor to the next stage. I'm real curious to see how this all turns out!

So does anyone want any super sweet strawberries? I bought extra for breakfast in the morning!

Beast_fanatic
06-21-2008, 11:15 PM
I'm so glad you guys came back. I thought I was all alone.

Cindy, did it warm up for you yet? I just saw that California is having some triple digit temperatures that are causing power outages.

Tink&Goofy
06-21-2008, 11:24 PM
Cindy, did it warm up for you yet? I just saw that California is having some triple digit temperatures that are causing power outages.
Yep! Summer has arrived! It was 87 yesterday, and about 80 today. I sure hope it was nice down at the coast where DD is at camp! Do you think she misses us? :D

MMouse6937
06-21-2008, 11:37 PM
Sarah, I have often wondered what cause you to have such care for homeless animals and reading through the posts today I understand. I admire you greatly for doing what you do for animals..:thumbsup:

Another friend close to animals is Marilyn Machetti- I remember reading when she lost her beloved dog. I felt so sorry for her,she really expressed her feelings well.
Marilyn, if you ever stop by JQ, perhaps you can answer this for me - Did you ever decide to get another puppy to help fill the void left by the one you lost? I'm not trying to make you sad, just trying to find out something I've been wondering about.:thumbsup:
Thanks for your kind works Deb. My girls (and George) are my whole life and I can't imagine what life would be without them. When I work with the homeless animals it's because I want all of them to have homes where they can lay on the couch, eat cookies, go to the park, and have endless love like my babies do. Every animal should know what that feels like. I also remember Marilyn's heartbreak, we're going to be having dinner together (with Rhonda) in December, I can't wait to meet her, her love for her dog was truly touching!

Forgot to mention that I did all the driving today with no glasses on (except sunglasses). The first time in I don't know how long I've been able to do that
That is wonderful!!! :thumbsup: I'm so glad that things are doing so well.

Sarah, that's great!! :woohoo: What you're doing is so awesome....

So, the recital went great and the girls did such a good job and had such fun... I'll try to put some pics up from it, too.

Blythe, I'm glad the recital went so well!! I love going to see my best friend's girls in programs, they are so fun to watch.

So what did everyone have for dinner? Mike and I went and had bar food (wings, etc) for our traditional Saturday night thing. We have a local bar where they know us, it's like a Cliff and Norm thing (and NO I won't tell you which one they think I am ;) ) but it's nice to just hang out after a long week.

Have a great night all :hug:

ElenitaB
06-22-2008, 12:14 AM
How about "the Love Guru" ???? It should be right up your alley ! :D
Ha. Ha. Ha. :fresh:

Anybody got any dessert left?
How cool and amazing that you were able to drive already! I had a Tootsie Roll pop for dessert. Would you like one?

I just have to laught - at work they always say to not write them down. Yah right! Last time I checked I had about 35 or 36 different log ins/passwords for different systems, etc. Of course, you can't use the same for each, since some MUST have special characters, and some CANNOT have special characters etc. Plus you have to change them about every 90 days. Ugh!!

So does anyone want any super sweet strawberries? I bought extra for breakfast in the morning!
One of the best things they did at work for us this past year was to make a "one sign on" so we only need one password for all our internal systems. Of course, we get prompted to change it more often then before, but to me it's worth it. We do have other safeguards built in though, but it sure was a nice change.

I'd like some strawberries. Do you want me to make whipped cream? Have you ever tried Greek yogurt? Awesome stuff!

Good night, all! Blythe, have a good one!

drummerboy
06-22-2008, 12:27 AM
I had a Tootsie Roll pop for dessert. Would you like one?
Would you believe that's what DW and I would up having? I had cherry and she had grape.

Guess what gang? As certain people from Albequerque (ahem) would know, lots of hot air makes things float away. We've had so much hot air that we're going to float away tomorrow. Can anybody guess from some recent conversations where the magic RV's going next?

Good night and see you tomorrow.

Dsnygirl
06-22-2008, 01:26 AM
Sorry... work called... :blush: Don't those babies know they need to sleep??? :baby:

We saw Narnia: Prince Caspian today. GREAT movie! I liked it even more than the first one!

We were up early and went to the farmer's market for strawberries. There is NOTHING as good as Oregon strawberries! No sugar needed - they are super sweet! So now I have to turn them into Jam! (and restock the freezer that DD defrosted). Tomorrow we will likely need to transfer our wine from the primary fermentor to the next stage. I'm real curious to see how this all turns out!

Sounds like a nice morning... I'd like to take my girls strawberry picking before the season is over. Good luck with your wine tomorrow!

I'd love some.... should I make some waffles to put them on??

I'd like some strawberries. Do you want me to make whipped cream?

Good night, all! Blythe, have a good one!
Sure!! It can go on the waffles, too!!

Thanks - I'm trying!! (I'm excited, b/c this night at work was sort-of my "benchmark" for summer starting and my schedule getting a little more sane. Granted, we've got a lot coming up, but it's all "fun" stuff, and we've gotten through all the long weekends, difficult work stretches and "have-to-do's". Now, I feel like I can finally really look forward to summer with my girls!! :thumbsup:)

We've had so much hot air that we're going to float away tomorrow. Can anybody guess from some recent conversations where the magic RV's going next?

Uh-oh... are we, dare I say it, going camping?? :camp:

trackbarroness
06-22-2008, 06:21 AM
Good morning JQ'ers the coffee and hot water are on for those who love a hot beverage, and of course there are always juices, and sodas for those of us who prefer cold beverages. So what's for breakfast? Waffles anyone?
Have a magical day

Caroleh
06-22-2008, 07:43 AM
Guess what gang? As certain people from Albequerque (ahem) would know, lots of hot air makes things float away. We've had so much hot air that we're going to float away tomorrow. Can anybody guess from some recent conversations where the magic RV's going next?

Uh-oh... are we, dare I say it, going camping?? :camp:

Is it :camp:, :golf: or WDW?

drummerboy
06-22-2008, 08:41 AM
Ding ding ding. Blythe wins the prize. Ready to go? Everybody pack up your shorts and marshmallow sticks 'cause we're going to.......