PDA

View Full Version : Just Questions: Can We Make It To The Fourth?

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

disneydeb
06-05-2008, 12:10 PM
December hours are showing that the studios are open until 8pm. Does that mean we can add Osbourne lights to our Friday programme? I've sent Pogo a pm saying a general yes to the plans. I haven't checked out the mousefest programme yet but I don't think they are as far advanced as we are.

True Mikki, we are an ADVANCED bunch!Aren't we?

pogo
06-05-2008, 12:14 PM
Does that mean we can add Osbourne lights to our Friday programme?
I'm all for it... any one else ??? :D

:thumbsup: You betcha ! :D

drummerboy
06-05-2008, 12:33 PM
I couldn't see the photo.... it was a sign in for yahoo !

Does this (http://good-times.webshots.com/album/563703262ScynkX) work?

pogo
06-05-2008, 12:39 PM
Does this (http://good-times.webshots.com/album/563703262ScynkX) work?

All too well ! :funny: Do you think I'll need to have my :eyes: checked after seeing that ???? :D

drummerboy
06-05-2008, 01:05 PM
All too well ! :funny: Do you think I'll need to have my :eyes: checked after seeing that ???? :D
What, you mock the great Chief Fu Manchu? :D
That was in my camp counselor days. Hard to believe I enjoyed being on duty 24/6 for eight weeks each summer so much. I think my total pay for the summer that year was about $300.

pogo
06-05-2008, 01:08 PM
What, you mock the great Chief Fu Manchu? :D
That was in my camp counselor days. Hard to believe I enjoyed being on duty 24/6 for eight weeks each summer so much. I think my total pay for the summer that year was about $300.

Oh..... is that what's from ???? :confused:

I thought you were one of the Village People ! :D

disneydeb
06-05-2008, 01:18 PM

Oh you boys!

:funny::rotfl:Do you promise to keep me laughing all the way trough December?

We are up for Osbourne Lights after dinner if dinner is early enough.:thumbsup:

drummerboy
06-05-2008, 01:44 PM

Funny you should mention that--it was at a YMCA camp. I think they just copied us, don't you?

Oh you boys!

:funny::rotfl:Do you promise to keep me laughing all the way trough December?
What do you mean laughing? We're having a serious existential discussion here. :D

grego77
06-05-2008, 04:13 PM
Hey all.

You can put me down as an 80% sure for me and my 2 aunts at Coronado Springs from Thurs-Sun.
I won't be definite until I get a job, and can actually get those days off...I will definitely let you all know then!

Hope everyone is well! :mickey:
Everyone have Father's Day plans??? :thumbsup:

Dsnygirl
06-05-2008, 04:18 PM
Good afternoon, all.... how are my favorite internet folks?? :)

Temps are slipping quite nicely into the mid-80's... so the coffee's iced today. Must be time for summer!!

I agree. Let's start a vote on this.

All those in favor of the following, send me a PM.

Friday, December 12th, 11:00 AM, Winter Summerland, "JQ" Golf Tourney followed by a day at Epcot.

Saturday, December 13th, 8:00 AM, CP with rides at MK after. Dinner at Coral Reef.

Pogo, thanks for taking this on... you're a trooper. I'll be PM'ing you after this post, but for the "open record", I'm voting :thumbsup:!

By the way, if DW and I do get to come, we'll likely have two of our grandchildren with us.
I'll maintain hope that you guys will be there... it'd be great to meet you! What ages are the GK's you might bring? I remember you have a DGD my Julia's age, I think.... that'd be fun for them!

JQ DECEMBER MEET STUFF
POGO & PATTI (December 11-17)POFQ
ELLEN & BEN & JARED (Dec 11 to 15) - WL or OKW
BETHANY (December 11 (late) to 14) - All Star Sports or OKW (with Ellen)
BLYTHE & DAN, Julia & Emma (December 9-16) CBR (we hope)
NATALIE & MATT & WILLIAM (dec 6-14th)
RHONDA & ROBERT (December 6-16)
MIKKI & ANDREW (November 19 - December 15)
MARY & Friends (December 10-13) - Pop Century
MICHELLE
EMILY & MARCIE & MOLLY (December 12-14)
DEB & JERRY & AMY & DUSTIN & possibly GAGE(December 6-14) Pop Century
SARAH (December 10-15) - Pop Century
Jym, Rachel and Little Alex
Grego ?????
Ken & Mary ??????
Alex & Maria ?????
Cindy & what's his name.

DETAILS
Friday, December 12th, 11:00 AM, Winter Summerland, "JQ" Golf Tourney followed by a day at Epcot.

Saturday, December 13th, 8:00 AM, CP with rides at MK after. Dinner at Coral Reef.

Just keeping everything neat and in order, OK?

Deb, you rock... thanks for putting it all in one place!! I was starting to get dizzy... :crazy:

I am really wanting to come to WDW in December now! Alas, finances and vacation days make it an unattainable dream.

Anyone going to be in Disneyland at the end of July?
:( ... you will be missed!! I wish we could join you in July!

We had fun at the Anniversary Meet, didn't we? That Illuminations meet was the penultimate!

As far as bunking with someone goes -- you know that I come with a lot of baggage, don't you? I couldn't leave my guys behind. They would disown me. All of them. Then I'd be very lonely.
It sure was... we were just looking at pics from that a few days ago! :cloud9:

Your "baggage" would be very welcome to us... sigh... wish there was a way to split a room!

Have someone spill a drink on themselves and it will seem like I'm right there with you! Right, Cousin?
I will personally take that on myself.... probably while we're drinking - I mean munching - our way around Epcot... :blush:

I'm all for it... any one else ???
I think that question had to do w/ Osborne lights... we might be in... just have to look at some of the ADR's/plans we had for Friday night and move a few things around...

I thought you were one of the Village People!
:funny:

Okay - has anyone else been posting so much that they've not had to use the "real" smilies so much, but can just use the abbreviation to do them? Pretty scarey... I think I'm going to need rehab after we get back in December!! :D

pjbs35a
06-05-2008, 04:31 PM
Welcome home, Frankie!! We've missed you!! How's :spy:??

Who, Frankie -- or the big Cheese?? :D

The :spy: business has been on hold while I have been renewing myself. Next mission I am told will probably be "out of this world."

And....aren't I the Big Cheese ???

drummerboy
06-05-2008, 05:22 PM
Uh huh--limberger.

Who's ready for dinner?

pjbs35a
06-05-2008, 05:27 PM
Uh huh--limberger.

Who's ready for dinner?

I was thinking more of Goda !!!

Why is it so hot ??? It's not even summer yet !!!

pogo
06-05-2008, 05:33 PM
Funny you should mention that--it was at a YMCA camp. I think they just copied us, don't you?

Oh.... I thought it was an audition.... it wasn't ?? :D

Pogo, thanks for taking this on... you're a trooper. I'll be PM'ing you after this post, but for the "open record", I'm voting !

I will personally take that on myself.... probably while we're drinking - I mean munching - our way around Epcot..
You are very welcome.

I knew either you or Cindy would volunteer for this ! :funny:

The spy business has been on hold while I have been renewing myself. Next mission I am told will probably be "out of this world."

Uh huh--Limburger.

:mad: oooooooooooooohhhhhhh...... you stole my words before I could use them ! :D

Jasper
06-05-2008, 05:56 PM
OK everyone, slow down!! Do you have any idea how long it took me to catch up just from where I left off last night? You all certainly have been chatty today! Alas, not only have you been chatty but you make be so green with envy because we can't join in this December!! So for those of us left at home we will have to be sure to have a virtual meet and do some serious remodeling. So for everyone that is going to WDW for the December meet be sure to leave your house key under the doormat when you leave! Really, we promise that everything will look just gorgeous when you get back!!:D

I have 7, is that enough? With the foster babies, that makes 9 at my house right now. Can anyone say ZOO???

I would say you are on your way. We had been down to just a few rabbits a couple of months ago but are back up to 2 dogs, 3 ducks 4 cats and about 40 rabbits. Does anyone want to pay our feed bill for a month or two for us?

Can anyone grant me an extra dose of patience tomorrow afternoon? After treatment, I'm heading over to the Consulate to revoke a Power of Attorney and grant a new one to my lawyer in Central America. I'm going up against the Wicked Witch of the Capital (in Nicaragua, not here), and I need all the help and forces of good with me. I figure you guys are a great place to find that. :hug:

I know it's late and you ended up not going but here's hoping that when you do that it does go well for you!

Do you see the picture I am seeing?

You'd look sweet
Upon the seat
Of a Scooter
Built for two :D

I am not sure I am ever going to be right after that thought!!:thumbsup:

Can someone explain this thread to me ??? :confused::confused::confused:
I'm so confused !!!

Whenever you figure it out explain it to the rest of us!! Welcome back!

SO the Wings just won the Stanley Cup!!

You are talking about Buffalo Wings right?:D

And I won't be going to the Consulate today because DS doesn't have his housekeys and I can't guarantee that I'll be back before he arrives home from school. Sigh...

So just leave the door unlocked like we do. I know there are many places you can't do it, but we NEVER lock our house when we leave. The only time we do is when we go on vacation. The thing is that just about everyone around here still leaves their doors unlocked and never have any problems. That is part of the reason I love living here!

As compared to whom?

drummerboy
06-05-2008, 06:09 PM
Oh.... I thought it was an audition.... it wasn't ?? :D
You didn't know American Idol has been around that long did you? Simon was quite taken with my white headdress. We were a bit like the Village People--A Fu Manchu Indian, a Jewish Indian, a Korean Indian...

disneydeb
06-05-2008, 07:43 PM
The :spy: business has been on hold while I have been renewing myself. Next mission I am told will probably be "out of this world."

Didn't they call you "the old man who cut the cheese"?:D just kidding;)

Tink&Goofy
06-05-2008, 08:10 PM
Sigh... it's 4:30... do you know where your ADR's are??? :D
:funny: Nope, not quite yet!

All those in favor of the following, send me a PM.

:thumbsup: Like I said, I'm easy. :D

Anyone going to be in Disneyland at the end of July? :mickey:
You know this will be the first summer in 5 years that we haven't hit a Disney park!! Do you think we will have withdrawals by August?

Temps are slipping quite nicely into the mid-80's... so the coffee's iced today. Must be time for summer!!
Hmmm....temps are slipping alright....I don't think we hit 60 today! Believe it or not, there is supposed to be snow on the mountain passes this weekend. So hot coffee for now!

I knew either you or Cindy would volunteer for this ! :funny:

Well, since Blythe already volunteered.....

So just leave the door unlocked like we do.
Somehow I'm thinking that won't work the same in New York City...

So kind of a rough day at work. My boss let it slip to me today that he and his wife have split. He is devastated. I feel so awful for him. This is going to be really rough on him. So any extra pixie dust for him would be appreciated.

Dsnygirl
06-05-2008, 08:39 PM
:funny: Nope, not quite yet!

Well, since Blythe already volunteered.....

So kind of a rough day at work. My boss let it slip to me today that he and his wife have split. He is devastated. I feel so awful for him. This is going to be really rough on him. So any extra pixie dust for him would be appreciated.
Us, either... I'm guessing we'll try to figure them out over the wknd. Of course, for us, it'll have to be under the cover of darkness, as little ears are always curious about what we're discussing... ;)

Did you really just tell them that??

C'mon... you know you want to join me... :D

Sending some pixie dust his way... that's rough. Seems to be an epidemic of that going around here, too... very sad, esp. when it hits someone out of the blue. And it's hard for the close friends, too -- you never know quite what to say, or how to help. So - sending some pixie dust your way, too, as you try to be there for him!

So - got here to find out it's "enhanced pay" for all of us who are extra... whoo hoo!! Makes it a little bit easier on this 4th night... I am SO glad tomorrow is Friday!! Anybody else??

pogo
06-05-2008, 08:54 PM
Didn't they call you "the old man who cut the cheese"?

:funny:

Like I said, I'm easy.

:zipped:

Here's some :pixie: for him. Did he even see it coming ????

I am SO glad tomorrow is Friday!! Anybody else??

OK..... are you doing your Diane impersonation ???? :D

Caroleh
06-05-2008, 08:57 PM
So for those of us left at home we will have to be sure to have a virtual meet and do some serious remodeling. So for everyone that is going to WDW for the December meet be sure to leave your house key under the doormat when you leave! Really, we promise that everything will look just gorgeous when you get back!!:D

Oh, Jasper , Diane and I are great at remodeling everyone's homes, aren't we? We'll even do it up better then last year!!!!

But are you cheap? :D

Tink&Goofy
06-05-2008, 10:00 PM
Sending some pixie dust his way... that's rough. Seems to be an epidemic of that going around here, too... very sad, esp. when it hits someone out of the blue. And it's hard for the close friends, too -- you never know quite what to say, or how to help. So - sending some pixie dust your way, too, as you try to be there for him!

He let it slip on the way out the door - and he won't be in until Monday. We walk together at lunch quite often, so I'm sure he will be needing an ear for awhile.

Here's some :pixie: for him. Did he even see it coming ????

:shake: Totally out of the blue. He's a VERY intense guy - but genuinely a nice person, who would do anything for you. :(

Like I said, I'm easy. :D

But are you cheap? :D
I'm sure I've told you about the sign in my kitchen:
"If its true we are what we eat, I'm fast, cheap and easy!" :D

So can someone turn the heater on and face it west??

disneydeb
06-05-2008, 10:10 PM
I called Wendy from MJ tonight and she said the concert she was taking her kids to had been rained/snowed out!:confused:

It's 90º here! Send some cooler air this way.

I do ADR's Monday. When do you do yours?

Dsnygirl
06-05-2008, 10:36 PM
OK..... are you doing your Diane impersonation ???? :D

:yes:

So can someone turn the heater on and face it west??
Absolutely.... I'll just put it in my yard and turn it on... for the next 5 days... :fan: :fan:

Thursday!! :thumbsup:

Does everyone going in December have their airfare? I'm getting nervous about airline prices... we have ours, but I have to buy mine for my "girlfriends trip" in January, and although I wouldn't normally buy this early, I think I'm going to! If this whole process keeps getting worse, we might be driving to Disney next October... :car:

Beast_fanatic
06-05-2008, 10:41 PM
Doesn't accommodated have two "m"s?

Yes.

One question though, MK doesn't open on the
13th untill 9:00, are we going to be able to get a 8:00 ADR?

I think 8:05am is generally the first ADR time when the park opens at 9am (it might be 8:15am, but it's one of those). It's really cool to get in early for a ressie as you have Main Street practically to yourself. :cloud9:

Watch it you ! You'd be surprised what his name really is !

Is it Tom?

December hours are showing that the studios are open until 8pm. Does that mean we can add Osbourne lights to our Friday programme?

I believe so. Borrowing from Deb:

JQ DECEMBER MEET STUFF
RHONDA & ROBERT (December 6-16) Coronado Springs
MICHELLE
Grego (and 2 aunts) 80% probability
Ken & Mary & 2 GKs??????
Alex & Maria ?????
Cindy & what's his name.

DETAILS
Friday, December 12th, 11:00 AM, Winter Summerland, "JQ" Golf Tourney followed by a day at Epcot. Osbourne Lights at Disney Hollywood Studios sometime before 8pm.

Monday. Now, could someone make me some plans so I have ADRs to call for? :blush:

pjbs35a
06-05-2008, 10:46 PM
Didn't they call you "the old man who cut the cheese"?:D just kidding;)

I step out of the room for just a second and folks start to take advantage of my age. I'll have you know I am as young as I feel. Problem is I can't feel anything. Who wants a Root :beer: Float ???

pogo
06-05-2008, 10:54 PM
I'm sure I've told you about the sign in my kitchen:
"If its true we are what we eat, I'm fast, cheap and easy!"
That's funny.... I have one that says, "I'm not cheap or easy, but I'm worth the effort !"

Not until the 14th. :(

Does everyone going in December have their airfare? I'm getting nervous about airline prices... we have ours, but I have to buy mine for my "girlfriends trip" in January, and although I wouldn't normally buy this early, I think I'm going to! If this whole process keeps getting worse, we might be driving to Disney next October.

I wouldn't wait. Some airlines are cutting flights and the cost will only go up. Just MHO ! :D

I think 8:05am is generally the first ADR time when the park opens at 9am (it might be 8:15am, but it's one of those). It's really cool to get in early for a ressie as you have Main Street practically to yourself.

Is it Tom? ?

JQ DECEMBER MEET STUFF
MICHELLE
Ken & Mary & 2 GKs??????
Alex & Maria ?????
Cindy & what's his name.

DETAILS
Friday, December 12th, 11:00 AM, Winter Summerland, "JQ" Golf Tourney followed by a day at Epcot. Osbourne Lights at Disney Hollywood Studios sometime before 8pm.

Monday. Now, could someone make me some plans so I have ADRs to call for?

Want mine ??? :D

MMouse6937
06-05-2008, 11:20 PM
You are talking about Buffalo Wings right?:D

Yeah, sure...and how exactly would buffalo wings win anything? Well maybe a receipe contest! :D

I think 8:05am is generally the first ADR time when the park opens at 9am (it might be 8:15am, but it's one of those). It's really cool to get in early for a ressie as you have Main Street practically to yourself. :cloud9:
Monday. Now, could someone make me some plans so I have ADRs to call for? :blush:

That would be so great to walk down Main Street almost by ourselves!!

Monday the 9th? Mine isn't until the 13th, what day do you get to WDW? I guess I better check my dates.

So the kittens went to the shelter today and they're not big enough to get spayed yet (well Spot was but Stripe is 2 ounces too small). They let me take both of them back and we'll try it again next week. They gave them one of their booster shots though. At least their scale measured exactly the same as mine at work so I'll know when she makes it to 2 pounds. So we are with kittens for another week! :cat:

Well I'm off to bed, pooped out again today. At least tomorrow is Friday, woo hoo!! Talk to you all tomorrow :hug:

MauiMouse
06-05-2008, 11:28 PM
I think I've gotten a case of vertigo trying to keep up with all the planning. By the way, if DW and I do get to come, we'll likely have two of our grandchildren with us.

My friend Heather is bringing her little girl who is I think is 8.

I would also like to meet you for Osbourne Lights after we leave Epcot.... isn't it why I bought park hoppers ???? :D

I really hope you can make it my friend ! I want another :hug: from Mary ! And the more the merrier.

Cool beans, love it the more the merrier or is Maryer. Your going to have to start to call me just Mar, like my friends. Why do I get confused? Is it because Drummerboy's wife is nameed Mary too? Probably. :D

I'll maintain hope that you guys will be there... it'd be great to meet you! What ages are the GK's you might bring? I remember you have a DGD my Julia's age, I think.... that'd be fun for them!

Again, my friend Heather is bringing her little girl Kazmira who is 8, if I remember correctly.

Sorry to hear about that T&G.

:shake: Totally out of the blue. He's a VERY intense guy - but genuinely a nice person, who would do anything for you. :(

Wow, what a bummer. That is just too darn bad.

I do ADR's Monday. When do you do yours?I can make ours on next Friday I believe.

Does everyone going in December have their airfare?

We bought our airfare a couple weeks ago, for both my August & December trip.

Now I just have to keep my fingers crossed I can go on vacation if I get a new job.

Not until the 14th. :(

So if you can make yours on the 14th, then I can do ours on Friday the 13th! Eek! :eek:

Oh and my friends said that they would play mini golf, this would include 5 adults and an 8 year child. :thumbsup: They are a good bunch.

MauiMouse
06-05-2008, 11:33 PM
Yeah, sure...and how exactly would buffalo wings win anything? Well maybe a receipe contest! :D

Hey Sarah! What about them Red Wings? :thumbsup:

Way to go boys. I should go and see if I can find me some Stanley cup t-shirts. I'm sure the local mall would have some.

MMouse6937
06-05-2008, 11:59 PM
Hey Sarah! What about them Red Wings? :thumbsup:

Way to go boys. I should go and see if I can find me some Stanley cup t-shirts. I'm sure the local mall would have some.

You said it!! WOO HOO!! My SIL called me at 6:30 this morning to get my swag order. So far she's sending a locker room hat for Mike, two tshirts (one locker room and one red one with a little winged wheel and a Stanley Cup), a rally towel that my brother got at game 4, a program, etc. I'm so geeked, can't wait to get my stuff. They're headed to the parade tomorrow. How cool is that going to be? I was so disapointed with the Pens fans (read my post in the Locker Room thread) when they booed Henrik as he was getting the Con Smythe, how tacky. :shake: Just glad the series is over, I was a wreck! :D

Dsnygirl
06-06-2008, 12:34 AM
Who wants a Root :beer: Float ???
:here: Sounds yummy... thanks!!

Okay, starting to get tired... only 6 1/2 more hours to go. Phew!! I'm so glad it's Friday... even though it'll be hotter than... well, hot... I'm still glad to be heading into the weekend!! My girls are really excited... it's Olde Home Days here this weekend, so there are rides at the park, a parade, a craft show on Main St., a duck race in the stream and we've got live music on Sunday -- Joe Whiting, pogo, if you'd like to come join us!! :cloud9:

So - even though it'll be a scorcher, ought to still be fun!

Where are we keeping the question jar these days??

Natazu
06-06-2008, 02:50 AM
December Meet Cast
MICHELLE
Jym, Rachel and Little Alex (Dec 10-18) - SSR
Ken & Mary & 2 GKs??????
Alex & Maria ?????
Cindy & what's his name.

DETAILS for the OCD
Friday, December 12th
11:00 AM Winter Summerland, "JQ" Golf Tourney
1:00 PM Epcot - Libation Loop ride through
6:30 PM Osbourne Lights

Saturday, December 13th
8:00 AM, JQ Breakfast at Crystal Palace
9:30 AM, MK touring
7:00 PM JQ Dinner at Coral Reef.

For Coral Reef, I currently have 16 adults, once child, a baby, and a stuffed cat. Also, since we won't be at the CP breakfast, Rachel and I are planning a lunch at Kona on Saturday about 1pm 'cause we'll be, you know, hungry. If anyone wants to join us, just PM me.

I think this is the schedule that was voted on but I'm confused. Wasn't the Coral Reef Dinner going to be on the Epcot day and Osbourne Lights on the MK day?

disneydeb
06-06-2008, 05:30 AM
Jym,
Gage will be 1 1/2 or 19 mos. IF his mom will let him come.
&
What is OCD? And do you think I have it?

I still think we cold commando our own bus, don't you?:thedolls: :D

and Did you know I love making lists?

Could we start a list of possible children? or Would that be too many lists?

Jym & Rachel's...Alex.....
deb's........ .....Gage........19mos.
Ellen's ............Ben ..........12Yrs.
Blythe's...........Julia
Blythe's...........Emma

please copy , paste and add to the list, if so inclined

disneydeb
06-06-2008, 05:58 AM

maybe we should make a group picture:D

Is it Tom? Is What Tom?

JQ DECEMBER MEET STUFF
MICHELLE
Ken & Mary & 2 GKs??????
Alex & Maria ?????
Cindy & what's his name.

DETAILS

Want me to PM you our plans?

I step out of the room for just a second and folks start to take advantage of my age. I'll have you know I am as young as I feel. Problem is I can't feel anything. Who wants a Root :beer: Float ???

Yes , Mr. Frankie! Could I have one with sugat\r - free Root Beer and Sugar Free Ice Cream?

Dsnygirl
06-06-2008, 06:40 AM
...and Did you know I love making lists?

Could we start a list of possible children? or Would that be too many lists?

Blythe's...........Julia
Blythe's...........Emma

from one OCD list-maker to another... :D ... I copied and pasted as so requested...

Blythe's...........Julia.........10 yrs
Blythe's...........Emma.......7 going on 17.....;)

Does that work??

Good morning, all... I'm headed home to bed soon... see you all on the brighter side of the sun!! :sun:

disneydeb
06-06-2008, 06:44 AM
from one OCD list-maker to another... :D ... I copied and pasted as so requested...

Does that work??

Good morning, all... I'm headed home to bed soon... see you all on the brighter side of the sun!! :sun:

works for me!

Did you know that Jym and deb have both posted ADR plans over on Dining?

If anybody is curious , that is:D

pogo
06-06-2008, 07:21 AM
Good morning all.....except Blythe.... good night Blythe. How's everyone on this fine morning.

Thanks to Ellen's fine work, we will have a Grand Gathering number to add to your reservations later today. I'll PM everyone as soon as I speak with the fine folks at Disney !

My girls are really excited... it's Olde Home Days here this weekend, so there are rides at the park, a parade, a craft show on Main St., a duck race in the stream and we've got live music on Sunday -- Joe Whiting, pogo, if you'd like to come join us!!
Oh Blythe.... you know I'd love to be with you this weekend.... and I love Joe Whiting's music, but I'm going to be up to my eyeballs in the pool this Sunday. Patti has a Bridal Shower to go too on Sunday, but will return in time to enjoy the pool and frozen drinks with me.

December Meet Cast
MICHELLE
Ken & Mary & 2 GKs??????
Alex & Maria ?????
Cindy & what's his name.

DETAILS for the OCD
Friday, December 12th

Saturday, December 13th

For Coral Reef, I currently have 16 adults, once child, a baby, and a stuffed cat. Also, since we won't be at the CP breakfast, Rachel and I are planning a lunch at Kona on Saturday about 1pm 'cause we'll be, you know, hungry. If anyone wants to join us, just PM me.

I think this is the schedule that was voted on but I'm confused. Wasn't the Coral Reef Dinner going to be on the Epcot day and Osbourne Lights on the MK day?
I think it was because of the Libation Loop ride through, as you put it. Everyone may not want dinner on Friday because as people drink, they snack too ! :D

from one OCD list-maker to another... ... I copied and pasted as so requested...

Does that work??

Good morning, all... I'm headed home to bed soon... see you all on the brighter side of the sun!!
So you want me to call around 10:30 or so ???? :D

works for me!

If anybody is curious , that is.

No I didn't but thanks for the info ! :D

Natazu
06-06-2008, 07:32 AM
Jym & Rachel's...Alex........ will be 4 months

MauiMouse
06-06-2008, 07:33 AM
What is OCD? And do you think I have it?
Same here Deb, same here.

I still think we cold commando our own bus, don't you?:thedolls: :D I know a certain bus driver if she would ever come in here, maybe we could hijack her bus. :blush: [/quote]

Blythe's...........Julia
Blythe's...........Emma
see below..........

December Meet Cast
MICHELLE
Ken & Mary & 2 GKs??????
Alex & Maria ?????
Cindy & what's his name.

DETAILS for the OCD
Friday, December 12th

Saturday, December 13th

Looks great Jym. I wish that I could be there for dinner, but we will be at the airport going home. :(

Mary's Friend Heather's.......Kazmira ....8 yrs

Does that work??

Good Night.

Thanks, going to check them out shortly.

Thanks to Ellen's fine work, we will have a Grand Gathering number to add to your reservations later today. I'll PM everyone as soon as I speak with the fine folks at Disney !

How does this work? I've never done a Grand Gathering before. And who is going to make the ressies for Crystal Palace?

drummerboy
06-06-2008, 08:18 AM
Who wants a Root :beer: Float ???
Which brings up the question: Is root beer lighter than water? If not, why does it float? :confused:

Good morning all. In answer to an earlier question, the grandchildren that would come will be seven (Erin) and five (Brandon) by then.

disneydrmr
06-06-2008, 08:53 AM
Howdy all! Wow! You guys got on a roll last night!

Do you guys see anything new and exciting about my signature???? YEP! It's very possible that I will be in the World a month before you guys take it over!!! I was playing around on Airtran's site and found round trip airfare for two for a grand total of only $451!!!! Then I called AAA for fun and checked out pricing for Movies/6 day hopper - total just barely over $1,000!!! Figure in about $100 per day for food (we'll eat cheap!).. I can go for just slightly over $2,000!!! With some special promos/spiffs we have here at work I have the potential of earning a good $600 or so which would cover our food costs! I think I have the dh leaning my way on this! Whoooppeeee!!!!

disneydeb
06-06-2008, 09:07 AM
Can we make any more lists??:party:

I'm going to print them out and put them into a notebook with page protectors!:cool:

Great News, Diane!

Mickey'sGirl
06-06-2008, 09:11 AM
You know this will be the first summer in 5 years that we haven't hit a Disney park!! Do you think we will have withdrawals by August?
Yes. Brian and I were so sad about missing it this year that we were seriously contemplating cancelling our California holiday in favour of 2 weeks at WDW. We're still going to Cali.

Sending some pixie dust his way... that's rough. Seems to be an epidemic of that going around here, too... very sad, esp. when it hits someone out of the blue. And it's hard for the close friends, too -- you never know quite what to say, or how to help. So - sending some pixie dust your way, too, as you try to be there for him!We lost our close Disney travelling friends this way (We had 4 trips together in the 90's) -- we now are without either of them -- It felt like we were divorced.

Oh, Jasper , Diane and I are great at remodeling everyone's homes, aren't we? We'll even do it up better then last year!!!!I will be on your team since I'll be home with all y'all! :hi:

Hey Sarah! What about them Red Wings? :thumbsup: You were the first thing I thought of when they won. Congratulations Mary!!

I think I have the dh leaning my way on this! Whoooppeeee!!!!That is incredibly terrific news Di! :pixie: so that it all works out!!

Is it this muggy everywhere today?? :whew:

drummerboy
06-06-2008, 09:13 AM
Is it time to open a JQ/December thread in the Vacation Planning forum? Might help keep everything together.

disneydeb
06-06-2008, 09:16 AM
Jym & Rachel's...............Alex..........4 mos.
deb's........ ..................Gage........19mos.
Ellen's .........................Ben ..........12Yrs.
Blythe's........................Julia.........10 yrs
Blythe's........................Emma.......7 going on 17
Mary's Friend Heather's.....Kazmira ....8 yrs
Ken's...........................Brandon........5
Ken's...........................Erin.............. .7

Is this better? and Did I get Ben's age right?

disneydeb
06-06-2008, 09:18 AM
Is it time to open a JQ/December thread in the Trip Planning forum? Might help keep everything together.

Yes! :thumbsup:

Would it be too much of a problem?

( I felt compelled to ask a question.):blush:

pogo
06-06-2008, 09:19 AM
Howdy all! Wow! You guys got on a roll last night!

Do you guys see anything new and exciting about my signature???? YEP! It's very possible that I will be in the World a month before you guys take it over!!! I was playing around on Airtran's site and found round trip airfare for two for a grand total of only $451!!!! Then I called AAA for fun and checked out pricing for Movies/6 day hopper - total just barely over $1,000!!! Figure in about $100 per day for food (we'll eat cheap!).. I can go for just slightly over $2,000!!! With some special promos/spiffs we have here at work I have the potential of earning a good $600 or so which would cover our food costs! I think I have the dh leaning my way on this! Whoooppeeee!!!!
Congratulations Diane..... Great news.... :thumbsup:...... except, why not come down ehwn we are going to be there ???? :(

Is it time to open a JQ/December thread in the Trip Planning forum? Might help keep everything together.

Sounds good to me..... I'll follow you over there Dad ! :D

Mickey'sGirl
06-06-2008, 09:23 AM
Congratulations Diane..... Great news.... :thumbsup:...... except, why not come down ehwn we are going to be there ???? :(It's her 15th Anniversary. Would you guys add to the romance at all????? Methinks not! :D

pogo
06-06-2008, 09:26 AM
It's her 15th Anniversary. Would you guys add to the romance at all????? Methinks not!

So what ?????? :confused: Why do you think we wouldn't add to the romance ???? I'm a romantic kind of guy ! :heart: Remember ?? :D

MissStyles
06-06-2008, 09:30 AM
My girls are really excited... it's Olde Home Days here this weekend, so there are rides at the park, a parade, a craft show on Main St., a duck race in the stream and we've got live music on Sunday -- Joe Whiting, pogo, if you'd like to come join us!! :cloud9:

That sounds like sooo much fun. It's New Englandy things like that, that I miss here in FL. Have a blast!

works for me!

I just checked 'em.....nice choices all around. :thumbsup:

Good morning all.....except Blythe.... good night Blythe. How's everyone on this fine morning.

Doing well........the 3 people in the office who give me work to do are at a convention in AZ until Wed.......the other 3 people who work here aren't even in yet. That means I have a fresh untouched pot of coffee if anyone's interested!

Do you guys see anything new and exciting about my signature????

That's great news Diane! Keep us posted on the planning. :party:

Yes. Brian and I were so sad about missing it this year that we were seriously contemplating cancelling our California holiday in favour of 2 weeks at WDW. We're still going to Cali.

You guys are really strong. You know you're going to have a great adventure though!

So does anyone else have any plans for this first weekend in June? We have family flying in tonight.....they rented a condo at the beach so that's where I'll be all weekend. :vacation:

drummerboy
06-06-2008, 09:45 AM
ATTENTION
Did that get your attention? :D

I've opened a new thread in the Vacation Planning forum titled "JQ December Planning" so all the planning stuff can stay together and not get confused with other JQ stuff.

pogo
06-06-2008, 09:51 AM
Attention ????

I'll say you've got my attention. :mickey:

I've added to the post ! :thumbsup:

Are you just trying to slow this thread down a little ?????? :D

Mickey'sGirl
06-06-2008, 10:05 AM
So what ?????? :confused: Why do you think we wouldn't add to the romance ???? I'm a romantic kind of guy ! :heart: Remember ?? :DYes -- I spent your 5th Anniversary with you. Remember the Hurricane? What a way to make an impression! :blush:

You guys are really strong. You know you're going to have a great adventure though! You have no idea...and we know we will. We are really looking forward to Disneyland -- and the kids are really looking forward to going to the desert and to Alcatraz (You can't check people in there, can you?)

Are you just trying to slow this thread down a little ?????? :DI think he is sparing the feelings of us poor sods that are left at home.... :cry:

Tink&Goofy
06-06-2008, 10:08 AM
Wow, a chatty crew, aren't you? ;)

Just a quick stop in this am - as I am off to a school conference before work. Then the big Kindergarten Graduation this evening!!
Anyone want to come? I'm sure they will have cookies! :D

Nascfan
06-06-2008, 10:28 AM
I think he is sparing the feelings of us poor sods that are left at home.... :cry:

I'll keep you company Jenn.

But before that, guess what?

7 days from right now we'll be on the ground in Orlando!!! :mickey: I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it!

Oh, and Congrats to the Red Wings!

disneydrmr
06-06-2008, 10:39 AM
Can we make any more lists??

Great News, Diane!

Yeah, the JQ Renovation crew needs a list of all who will be gone and what they would like done to their homes (not that we would follow any suggestions.. ha ha!)

I will be on your team since I'll be home with all y'all!

That is incredibly terrific news Di! :pixie: so that it all works out!!

Is it this muggy everywhere today??

What color shirts should we have for our Reno team this time around?

Thanks! It's really looking good.. dh will need a little convincing since he's not quite the Disney enthusiast that I am.. but I think I can make him see things my way! :blush:

Yes.. it's VERY muggy here... downright miserable!

Is it time to open a JQ/December thread in the Vacation Planning forum? Might help keep everything together.

This group keep everything together??? :D

Congratulations Diane..... Great news.... :thumbsup:...... except, why not come down ehwn we are going to be there ????

It's her 15th Anniversary. Would you guys add to the romance at all????? Methinks not! :D

What she said!

So what ?????? :confused: Why do you think we wouldn't add to the romance ???? I'm a romantic kind of guy ! :heart: Remember ??

I just don't believe dh will want to spend a romantic week with a bunch of people he doesn't know... he's just not that adventourous of a guy...

That's great news Diane! Keep us posted on the planning.

So does anyone else have any plans for this first weekend in June? We have family flying in tonight.....they rented a condo at the beach so that's where I'll be all weekend.

Thanks! I sure will! I've already been checking EMH and park hours and such to get a prelim plan on things...

Our company picnic is this weekend. PLEASE send me all the pixie dust you can that I will win the $600 grand door prize! THAT would be the clincher in my bid for a Disney anniversary trip! I hope you have a great time at the beach! Don't forget your sunscreen!

ATTENTION
Did that get your attention?

I think you got Australia's attention with that shout!

Are you just trying to slow this thread down a little ??????

Give the guy a break Pogo..it is always harder for old men to keep up with us young people! :D

You have no idea...and we know we will. We are really looking forward to Disneyland -- and the kids are really looking forward to going to the desert and to Alcatraz (You can't check people in there, can you?)

I'm so excited for you to go to Disneyland - I know you will love it! And I think ALcatraz has overnight tours? Or maybe that's another infamous prison.. just watch out for the ghosts of the prisoners left behind!

Just a quick stop in this am - as I am off to a school conference before work. Then the big Kindergarten Graduation this evening!!
Anyone want to come? I'm sure they will have cookies!

I wish I could come! Kindergarten graduations are always so cute! And I could sure use a cookie or two! Have fun!

disneydrmr
06-06-2008, 10:40 AM
7 days from right now we'll be on the ground in Orlando!!! :mickey: I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it!

But are you packed yet? :D

MMouse6937
06-06-2008, 10:53 AM
the kids are really looking forward to going to the desert and to Alcatraz (You can't check people in there, can you?)

No you can't but just tell them you're going to drop them off and see if they can swim back!! :D

VERY excited about the Red Wings!!

You were the first thing I thought of when they won. Congratulations Mary!!

Was I the second thing you thought about? :(

So it's Friday!! WOO HOO!! My boss sprained her ankle this morning though :( Poor lady. We're trying to shorten the day up a little bit and move patients up that way she can get home and get it elevated as soon as possible.

Hope you all have a good day, going to check the other JQ December meet thread. Take care :hug:

Nascfan
06-06-2008, 11:04 AM
But are you packed yet? :D

Why should I be? I have 6 days before leaving. ;)

pogo
06-06-2008, 11:05 AM
Yes -- I spent your 5th Anniversary with you. Remember the Hurricane? What a way to make an impression!
How could I ever forget ???? Just be glad it wasn't one of these (http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2609031060092087367FSpSBM)!

I'll keep you company Jenn.

But before that, guess what?

7 days from right now we'll be on the ground in Orlando!!! I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it!

I feel your excitement ! :thumbsup:

Our very own Nikki is in the world right now and she called me to say what a great time she is having !!! :D

I just don't believe dh will want to spend a romantic week with a bunch of people he doesn't know... he's just not that adventourous of a guy...
What do you mean he's not adventurous .... he married you didn't he ????? :doh: I think that took a lot of courage ! :fresh:

I'm glad we have our old Diane back ! :hug:

offwego
06-06-2008, 11:27 AM
Morning all, is there still some more coffee? Hope everyone is having a good Friday!

Mickey'sGirl
06-06-2008, 11:44 AM
Was I the second thing you thought about? :(
Of course you were Sarah! :hug:

Why should I be? I have 6 days before leaving. ;)I would have been packed and repacked twice by this point if I were you Scott! Is Lauren finished school yet?

Hey Natalie! You just getting up?????

disneydrmr
06-06-2008, 12:06 PM
What do you mean he's not adventurous .... he married you didn't he ????? :doh: I think that took a lot of courage ! :fresh:

I'm glad we have our old Diane back ! :hug:

No, marrying me means he has WISDOM! Me marrying him after meeting his family - now THAT'S taking a lot of courage! :D

:fresh: Right back atcha Pogo!

Morning all, is there still some more coffee? Hope everyone is having a good Friday!

No coffee here.. but they did just take a bunch of food out to the break room.. spicy chicken breasts, spicy popcorn chicken, sauerkraut and metts, and I don't know what all else...

Hope you have a great Friday Nat!

I would have been packed and repacked twice by this point if I were you Scott! Is Lauren finished school yet?

Thank you Jenn.... Scott seems to think that I am the only one that packs early. I've been bugging him for ever to get packed.. but he keeps making some lame excuse about having to be a commando if he packs this early...:confused: :D

Drat, I'm missing a question, aren't I?

Nascfan
06-06-2008, 12:17 PM
Of course you were Sarah! :hug:
I would have been packed and repacked twice by this point if I were you Scott! Is Lauren finished school yet?

Hey Natalie! You just getting up?????

Yeah, she finished up this Wednesday. And promptly went out for 18 holes yesterday. That's my girl! :golf:

Ok, let me ask you freaks (said with affection) who pack a month before your trip this. What DO you do about your, family friendly site, unmentionables? Or do you consider "packing" things like your shampoos, sunscreens, and such like that and save those items for a day or so before you go? Because if it's the latter case, we've been "packed" for a while too.

disneydrmr
06-06-2008, 12:35 PM
Ok, let me ask you freaks (said with affection) who pack a month before your trip this. What DO you do about your, family friendly site, unmentionables? Or do you consider "packing" things like your shampoos, sunscreens, and such like that and save those items for a day or so before you go? Because if it's the latter case, we've been "packed" for a while too.

:fresh: I already told you.. most "normal" people have more than 6 or 7 pair of 'unmentionables' .. so packing early is not a problem! Mine take almost a whole dresser drawer!

Why am I having trouble with questions today?

drummerboy
06-06-2008, 12:45 PM
I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it!
I'm sorry, I keep forgetting; are you going somewhere? :D

How could I ever forget ???? Just be glad it wasn't one of these (http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2609031060092087367FSpSBM)!
Ah, I knew you'd find a good place to use that one! :thumbsup:

disneydeb
06-06-2008, 01:54 PM
I made this post over in the meet section too. I am hoping that by doing this I'll get more interest, OK?

Houston, We Have a Problem!

Attention to all JQ members attending the December meet!

ANYONE who went directly through Disney Reservations instead of DVC, or MJ ,or AAA please PM Pogo or me immediately or ASAP.

Thank you,
deb

pogo
06-06-2008, 03:02 PM
There's a problem ???? :confused:

Did you get any response yet ??? :D

disneydeb
06-06-2008, 03:04 PM
There's a problem ???? :confused:

Did you get any response yet ??? :D

not yet!

Didn't I sound urgent though?

pogo
06-06-2008, 03:07 PM
Nope.......... you sound southern to me !

Did you know you have an accent ??? :D

drummerboy
06-06-2008, 03:13 PM
ATTENTION again.

Somebody moved the planning thread to "Disney Meets", where I should have put it in the first place. :blush:

We will now resume your regular programming.

'K?

drummerboy
06-06-2008, 03:15 PM
Nope.......... you sound southern to me !

Did you know you have an accent ??? :D
No she don't have an accayent, duz she? It's ya'll what gots the accents.

ElenitaB
06-06-2008, 03:24 PM
Somebody moved the planning thread to "Disney Meets", where I should have put it in the first place.
Exactly! Saved me from a :nono:

Di, so excited to see that you have a trip coming up... just wish it was in December when we'll all be there. :(

And another :( that you and your troop won't be there, Jenn.

Scott... are you excited to be in the single digits?

We're expecting a heat wave here. I went grocery shopping with the "a blizzard is coming" mindset. :crazy:

Well, back to work for me! I'm having trouble staying on task after already having worked 55+ hours this week. :geek:

Talk to y'all later!

P.S. I'd be much happier keeping our planning to the Grand Gatherings site once we have it.

pogo
06-06-2008, 03:51 PM
I'd be much happier keeping our planning to the Grand Gatherings site once we have it.

If we have it.... right now we are having problems. Did you really think it would be easy ??? :D

Dsnygirl
06-06-2008, 04:31 PM

If anybody is curious , that is.
Always curious... I'll be checking them out later! Can't wait to post ours...

Do you guys see anything new and exciting about my signature???? YEP! It's very possible that I will be in the World a month before you guys take it over!!!
Diane, to say that I am happy for you would be understating it tremendously... that is GREAT!!! There's nothing that can perk up your day (heck, your week... month... year...) like planning a Disney trip, is there?? :mickey3:

Can we make any more lists??

Oh, I'm sure we can... :D

Is it this muggy everywhere today??
Yup.... :(

It's her 15th Anniversary. Would you guys add to the romance at all????? Methinks not!
:rotfl:

ATTENTION
Did that get your attention?

I've opened a new thread in the Vacation Planning forum titled "JQ December Planning" so all the planning stuff can stay together and not get confused with other JQ stuff.
Got it ... good idea! I'll be heading there next...

Then the big Kindergarten Graduation this evening!!
Anyone want to come? I'm sure they will have cookies!
Have a great time... can you believe it's that time of year already???

Our company picnic is this weekend. PLEASE send me all the pixie dust you can that I will win the $600 grand door prize! THAT would be the clincher in my bid for a Disney anniversary trip!
Sending boatloads of the stuff... :pixie:

I would have been packed and repacked twice by this point if I were you Scott!
:ditto: ... I'm trying to figure out what I can pack for December already!! :blush:

As far as "unmentionables", they wait 'til the last minute... but I've always got the shampoos, lotions, sunscreens packed... they're the ones we don't use for our daily life -- just travel! I honestly don't pack our clothes until about a week or two before we go, esp. if we're headed somewhere with the same weather we're "living with". December will be our first trip travelling into another climate, so I'm sure I'll save out some summer clothes once the weather changes and then wash them about a week before we go and get them packed... heck, I already have a pile being created of clothes I've bought the girls for the trip!

I don't know why, but that just made me laugh....

So - WOW!!! Is it hot out there!! I had to cancel Julia's riding lesson... they'd have gone ahead w/ it, but I know my girls, and wearing jeans up on a hot horse in 92 degree weather under the blazing sun and in all that dust... not fun at all, and probably not too healthy, either. I do think we'll brave the heat and head up to the park for some dinner and a few rides, though...

... anybody up for some :marg: later?

Nascfan
06-06-2008, 05:00 PM
As far as "unmentionables", they wait 'til the last minute... but I've always got the shampoos, lotions, sunscreens packed... they're the ones we don't use for our daily life -- just travel! I honestly don't pack our clothes until about a week or two before we go, esp. if we're headed somewhere with the same weather we're "living with". December will be our first trip travelling into another climate, so I'm sure I'll save out some summer clothes once the weather changes and then wash them about a week before we go and get them packed... heck, I already have a pile being created of clothes I've bought the girls for the trip!

Thank you! Another one like me. Thank goodness you're "normal". :D

Have I told you that you're one of my favorites?

Dsnygirl
06-06-2008, 05:05 PM

Have I told you that you're one of my favorites?
:laughing: I'm not sure Dan would agree with you on that one... :)

:thumbsup: Yeah me!

So - packing yet?? :high5:

pogo
06-06-2008, 05:05 PM
... anybody up for some :marg: later?

Blythe..... you know I love you like a daughter, right ?????? :confused: How can I put this gently ?????

That has got to be the dumbest question ever posted on this thread. :shake:

:sorry:

Of course we do !!!! :D

Dsnygirl
06-06-2008, 05:07 PM
Blythe..... you know I love you like a daughter, right ?????? :confused: How can I put this gently ?????

That has got to be the dumbest question ever posted on this thread. :shake:

:sorry:

Of course we do !!!! :D

:funny: :rotfl:

Why are you making me laugh so hard when it's so hot out?? Don't you know that makes it worse?? :D

pogo
06-06-2008, 05:14 PM
Want to come jump in the pool ???? I might even have a frozen :marg: or two ! :D

Dsnygirl
06-06-2008, 05:28 PM
Want to come jump in the pool ???? I might even have a frozen :marg: or two ! :D
Sigh... I wish!!! But by a begging decree, we're headed to Olde Home Days so our DD's can make themselves sick riding 2-4-1 rides all evening... and of course, there's "this boy" that will be there... :crazy:.... the bonus? I don't have to cook! :thumbsup: But let me tell ya... you might just find the 4 of us on your doorstep (poolstep??) tomorrow! :D

Can we toast our :marg:'s across the miles tonight??

disneydeb
06-06-2008, 06:12 PM

I could have saidHouston, We Have a Possum!

Would that draw attention?:D

Dsnygirl
06-06-2008, 06:16 PM

:rotfl: :funny:

Deb, have I told you lately you make me laugh?? :D

Nascfan
06-06-2008, 08:26 PM

THAT was funny!

Where will I be a week from now? Oh yes, Epcot! :D:mickey:

drummerboy
06-06-2008, 08:28 PM
Blythe..... you know I love you like a daughter, right ??????
Don't you mean granddaughter, old boy? :D

So nobody can get to WDW because they can't even get across the road?

Tink&Goofy
06-06-2008, 09:23 PM
As far as "unmentionables", they wait 'til the last minute...
Why are we mentioning "unmentionables"? :D

You know, there are degrees of "normal"...

:yes: But not here. Its only 52 degrees! I think we made it up to 55 today. Snow in the passes....furnace still on....jackets still required....yep, its June in Oregon!! :D

Just about to head out the big Graduation for DD! I had her put on a dress - she was so upset - she said all the other kids (mostly boys) are gonna laugh at her! Yep, we have a bit of a "Tom"boy on our hands! :D

disneydeb
06-06-2008, 09:36 PM
It's in the 90's here.

Can I come visit you in Oregon?

I hope you enjoy graduation tonight! :party:

Dsnygirl
06-06-2008, 10:04 PM
You know, there are degrees of "normal"...

But not here. Its only 52 degrees! I think we made it up to 55 today. Snow in the passes....furnace still on....jackets still required....yep, its June in Oregon!!

:fresh:

That's sounding pretty good right now... :whew:

How was graduation?? I'll bet your tomboy looked pretty... and feels so grown up!!

It's in the 90's here.

Can I come visit you in Oregon?

What she said.... :thumbsup:

So, I guess I've finally learned that riding the Scrambler will be no more for me.... should've known better, as I didn't fare so well a few years ago when I went on a pretty fast one!! But Emma wanted so badly to ride it with me, so I gave it a shot.... and almost gave my dinner back to the guys running it!! :sick: They got talking and let it run longer than usual... ick. :ack: Needed an ice cream cone to make myself feel better... :D

Julia, on the other hand, rode the Round-Up for the first time... we weren't too sure how she'd do, but she loved it!! Well, the first time... she begged to go on it again, and came off a little green... :ill: ... but I'm sure she'll do it again next time one's around! Just not twice... ;)

So, they're off to bed and we're pretty close behind...

MauiMouse
06-06-2008, 10:16 PM
Oh man Blythe, I get sick just thinking about the Scrambler or any of the rides anymore. I like my Disney speed ride.

Congrats to DD Graduation T&G.

Scott, lucky you have a fantastic time this time next week. :thumbsup:

And of the rest of you, I don't have an accent either. Unless people think that I'm Canadian, does that count? Which has happened down at WDW. :thumbsup:

ElenitaB
06-06-2008, 10:20 PM
Happy graduation! Did the "other kids" laugh at her? ;)

So nobody can get to WDW because they can't even get across the road?

I thought possums could cross the road... unless, of course, Jym is driving in the immediate vicinity.

Everyone having fun? Hope you're all enjoying your :marg: Have one for me (since I'm not allowed and sure could use a visit with Rita this week).

Beast_fanatic
06-07-2008, 12:26 AM
Is What Tom?

Pogo said you wouldn't believe what Cindy's husband's name really is, so I thought that maybe it was Tom. :shrug:

Jym & Rachel's...Alex........ will be 4 months

Should I chastise Jym for forgetting his question, or would I risk getting chopped from the Coral Reef reservation? :eek:

I could have sworn that I quoted more posts. Wonder what happened to them? :confused:

Natazu
06-07-2008, 02:51 AM
So - WOW!!! Is it hot out there!! I'll bite... How hot is it?

Should I chastise Jym for forgetting his question, or would I risk getting chopped from the Coral Reef reservation? :eek:I didn't forget it, I just straightened it out into a dotted line.

trackbarroness
06-07-2008, 04:35 AM
It's hot here too but then again we're near the tropics so of course it's going to be hot. :D lololol
Well anyway Good morning JQ'ers I do hope everyone slept well last night, so which park can we say were going to? And of course who's going to get the fast passes for the rides?
It's going to be in the 90's again today and again tomorrow and the day after that. And each day comes with a chance of t-storms, isolated or what have you. My days' off have sort of kind of changed from Wednesday/Thursday to Thursday/Friday. And perhaps I could talk PirateGal into attending the Osborne lights?
Have a magical day

offwego
06-07-2008, 09:50 AM
I know I've been not as frequent but does that mean you've all forgot William too?

For the kid list he will be 13 at the time of our trip. T & G the grad sounds nice (even if your weather is a tad chilly).

We went straight to hot with some humid around here. Amazing how that happens isn't it?

Natazu
06-07-2008, 11:05 AM
Friday, December 12th
11:00 AM, JQ Pro-Am at Winter Summerland
1:00 PM Epcot, Libation Loop ride through

Saturday, December 13th
6:00 PM JQ Dinner at Coral Reef.

For the JQ Dinner, we now have 21 adults, 2 kids, 2 babies, and one stuffed cat. Anyone else? The more the merrier.

disneydeb
06-07-2008, 11:17 AM
I know I've been not as frequent but does that mean you've all forgot William too?

For the kid list he will be 13 at the time of our trip.

I'm so sorry! :blush: I truly meant for people to put in their own, but I will continue to manage the list as that seems to be easier for everyonel

See the list on page one of the Meet page.
(how do I insert the link here?)

Did I miss ANYONE else? If so, it was truly of oversight! Please let me know and bring it to my attention.

ElenitaB
06-07-2008, 11:52 AM
Okay, for the record, we'll have two 13 year olds in December! Lord help us!!! ;)

Deb, you do realize that we know you're our fairy godmother and not :malef: ?

So what is everyone doing today to celebrate Donald Duck's birthday? (Mikki, put away the orange sauce.)

Have a great day, everyone!

disneydeb
06-07-2008, 12:02 PM
I change Ben's age from 12 to 13, I wouldn't want to have my best POC ride buddy upset with me, now would I?

;)

gee, I hope he never saw that I thought he was going to be 12 in December!:D

MMouse6937
06-07-2008, 01:25 PM
Morning all (well it's still morning here, but probably not where you all are). Did someone say HOT??? Probably 96ish here today. YIKES.

I'm getting ready to leave for the volunteer appreciation luncheon at the animal shelter. It's a nice thing they do for us every year.

Other than that the dogs are at the groomer, I've been cleaning the house all morning, and Mike and I have a party at some friend's house tonight for their anniversary.

Hope you all have a good day too :hug:

Beast_fanatic
06-07-2008, 03:43 PM
Who wants to come into the office and help me find my focus? I'm still having trouble focusing on my work. I think it's just that I'm overwhelmed.

Oh well. Hope everyone has a nice day today!

The a/c kicked off about 45 minutes ago, so I don't know how much longer that I'll last here before I pack it up and go home.

Beast_fanatic
06-07-2008, 03:45 PM
OK, so I know that I just posted, but when I click on last page, it doesn't include my post, so I'm hoping that posting again that it will show up. Got it?

drummerboy
06-07-2008, 04:27 PM
Going to the auction and then to DD2's house tonight. SIL's stepfather was killed this morning and they need us to keep the kids for a while. Not sure exactly how it happened--all we know for now is that he was working on his RV (I'm assuming he had it on jacks or something) and it fell on him. Looks like we'll have a house full of grandyoung'uns for a few days.

I'm assuming all us east coasters are sweltering today, eh?

Isn't it neat how you can make a question out of something by adding 'eh'?

Dsnygirl
06-07-2008, 04:53 PM
Going to the auction and then to DD2's house tonight. SIL's stepfather was killed this morning and they need us to keep the kids for a while. Not sure exactly how it happened--all we know for now is that he was working on his RV (I'm assuming he had it on jacks or something) and it fell on him. Looks like we'll have a house full of grandyoung'uns for a few days.

Ken, I'm sorry to hear that... good luck with the little ones & everything else that goes with it. Very sad news. :(

Yes, we're hot... although I was happy to see the temp dropping as I left dance class w/ the girls and headed home! Must be the lakes nearby! :cloud9: Our parade was at 3pm, so we sweltered through it and the girls got tons of candy... and Julia got smiled at and candy from "the boy"... ;) ... now we're just enjoying a little a/c and contemplating a cold dinner!!

Tonight's "ADR night"... can't wait to finalize everything!! Dan loves the fact that I plan it all, but until we sit down and have a chance to go over it together and get excited together, it doesn't feel quite real!! Can't believe I get to call Thursday... :D

How's everyone's Saturday going? Is anyone (besides T&G) getting some cool weather??

Diane -- did you make those ressies??? :mickey:

disneydeb
06-07-2008, 05:12 PM
Ken, I'm so sorry.

Why can't I think of a question now?

ElenitaB
06-07-2008, 05:55 PM
Ken, I'm so sorry. That's very sad and an unusual way to go. Did you ever see that movie with Albert Brooks and Meryl Streep, Defending Your Life? As I recall, in that movie, how you died was a big deal. If so, your SIL's stepdad will have an interesting tale to tell.

Today was the mass for the first anniversary of Ben's dad's death, in his hometown in Central America. How is it that I somehow managed to get dragged into family drama even though I live 2129 miles away??? :rolleyes:

Rhonda, are we sharing a project? I've been working all day (actually weeks) on my project and feel like it's a never-ending list of tasks, large and small. I have to turn it all in between Monday and Wednesday! SOS... and after working so much (I'm averaging 11 hour days), I'm having trouble maintaining my focus too. That said... it's back to work for me.

Later, gators!

MauiMouse
06-07-2008, 06:57 PM

Ken, Sorry to hear about your SIL's stepfather. That is very sad. :(

Are you from the U.P.? Or maybe Canadian? I say eh all the time, everyone teases me about it. I guess I never thought that I was always posting a question, eh?

Today was the mass for the first anniversary of Ben's dad's death, in his hometown in Central America. How is it that I somehow managed to get dragged into family drama even though I live 2129 miles away??? :rolleyes:'

Ellen sorry to hear about being dragged into family drama. :hug:

How many more days until the JQ meet?

disneydrmr
06-07-2008, 07:40 PM
Diane -- did you make those ressies??? :mickey:

No... Dh said we could go, but he's acting less than thrilled. I did check Airtran again and the return flight leg went up in price which increased our flight total by $50.. I wonder if it would go down again??? I didn't win the money prizes at the picnic either.. so I'm hesitating now... I wanna go, but if DH is gonna be a.. um.. not sure what word to use here... I don't want him moping and whining the whole time... think if I hit him over the head with one of my stuffed Stitch dolls he might get some Disney magic knocked into him?

Today was the mass for the first anniversary of Ben's dad's death, in his hometown in Central America. How is it that I somehow managed to get dragged into family drama even though I live 2129 miles away??? :rolleyes:

Hugs to you and Ben Ellen! Sorry to hear you are being dragged into things.

Caroleh
06-07-2008, 09:18 PM
SIL's stepfather was killed this morning and they need us to keep the kids for a while. Not sure exactly how it happened--all we know for now is that he was working on his RV (I'm assuming he had it on jacks or something) and it fell on him. Looks like we'll have a house full of grandyoung'uns for a few days.

Sorry to hear about your sad news Ken.
It's even sweltering hot up here also. We were having a members sale this weekend and I was thinking about how many people would want to sew when it's so bloody hot. I was surprised we did really well. We actually did better this year then last year!!! :D

Are you finally learnin' something we Canadians knew for years, eh?

No... Dh said we could go, but he's acting less than thrilled. I did check Airtran again and the return flight leg went up in price which increased our flight total by $50.. I wonder if it would go down again??? I didn't win the money prizes at the picnic either.. so I'm hesitating now... I wanna go, but if DH is gonna be a.. um.. not sure what word to use here... I don't want him moping and whining the whole time... think if I hit him over the head with one of my stuffed Stitch dolls he might get some Disney magic knocked into him?

Diane, if that doesn't work try bribing him with a lapu lapu or any other drink at WDW. How about promicing him that he can watch the belly dancer at Epcot? :secret:It won't be Emily or me though!!!:D

Did I tell you guys that my teacher asked me to do a solo performance on Thursday night? I'm shocked, thrilled and scared to death!!!:D

disneydeb
06-07-2008, 10:01 PM
Did I tell you guys that my teacher asked me to do a solo performance on Thursday night? I'm shocked, thrilled and scared to death!!!:D

Scared - Thrilled - Shocked - Those are good reactions, right?

Congratulations! You must be doing great!

Caroleh
06-07-2008, 10:43 PM
Scared - Thrilled - Shocked - Those are good reactions, right?

Congratulations! You must be doing great!

I hope they are, Deb. When she asked me I asked her if she was going to do it with me and she said no, then after the class she told me it will be a confidence builder.

Is anyone here on facebook? If you are and want to add me could you please PM me. Gilles is laughing at me because I have him, my nephew and I added my niece today.:blush:

Tink&Goofy
06-07-2008, 10:47 PM
Howdy y'all! Its a quiet day in our household. Both of the oldest have major preparations for the last week of school - finals, projects, etc., so they are busy prepping! DDs kindergarten graduation last night was so much fun. Hats with tassels, Pomp & Circumstance playing, and diplomas with handshakes - even at the 6 year old level! Yes, she wore her dress, and NO, nobody laughed at her - she looked so pretty!

Still waiting for it to get up to 60 degrees!! I'll send this cool weather eastward anytime you're ready!! But won't that just create some really bad weather?

Beast_fanatic
06-08-2008, 01:00 AM
Rhonda, are we sharing a project? I've been working all day (actually weeks) on my project and feel like it's a never-ending list of tasks, large and small. I have to turn it all in between Monday and Wednesday! SOS... and after working so much (I'm averaging 11 hour days), I'm having trouble maintaining my focus too. That said... it's back to work for me.

Are you still up working on our project? I am! Mine was due Friday, but it didn't get finished. Next estimate is a week from Monday, but I don't know if I'll make that either. :(

trackbarroness
06-08-2008, 04:37 AM
Good morning JQ'ers, the coffee and water are on for those who enjoy hot beverages, and of course there are always juices, sodas of choice. So what's for breakfast?
Still no Triple Crown winner, another year of perhaps next year there will be one.
hugs and pixie dust to all those who are in need.
Have a magical day

disneydeb
06-08-2008, 08:43 AM
I want pancakes this morning.
Anyone else want a stack?

Sandy , Is today Sunday for you?:D

Natazu
06-08-2008, 09:03 AM

Sandy , Is today Sunday for you?:D
I'm making ginger chicken teriyaki if anyone wants early lunch. Why wouldn't it be Sunday for Sandy?

Ken, you and your family are in our prayers.

offwego
06-08-2008, 10:06 AM
Ken I'm sorry to read your news. I hope your SIl & your family are coping ok.

Why is it all of Canada get's tagged with the eh thing? Wouldn't that be sorta like saying all Americans talk like they are from New York or California?

Di good luck with getting your DH excited. (I found that turning over a lot of the planning for meals etc worked magic on Matt so perhaps that might help?)

MauiMouse
06-08-2008, 10:06 AM
Is anyone here on facebook? If you are and want to add me could you please PM me. Gilles is laughing at me because I have him, my nephew and I added my niece today.:blush:

I are Carol! :D Check your friend list I should be there. Thanks to Ellen, too. :thumbsup:

I'm making ginger chicken teriyaki if anyone wants early lunch.

Man that sounds very good Jym, send some my way please.

Another hot and thunderstormy day here. Off to the lovely store a little later. Do you think it's bad that I'm trimming down my hours a hair or is it hare? :bunny:

disneydeb
06-08-2008, 10:43 AM
Why is it all of Canada get's tagged with the eh thing? Wouldn't that be sorta like saying all Americans talk like they are from New York or California?

Di good luck with getting your DH excited. (I found that turning over a lot of the planning for meals etc worked magic on Matt so perhaps that might help?)

Have you heard Pogo? Now THAT'S an accent! :D

disneydeb
06-08-2008, 10:45 AM
I'm making ginger chicken teriyaki if anyone wants early lunch.

You didn't get that recipe from Paula Deen , did you?

MMouse6937
06-08-2008, 12:09 PM
Morning all! Another hot day here, at least 90. I keep trying to talk Mike into getting a pool, not working yet. So I just hide inside with the girls and the air conditioner in the heat of the day and we all try to stay cool.

Anyone else have anything fun planned today? Mike and I are headed out for some errands and lunch. He wants to come back and work on some of his projects (motorcycles) and I'm going to rest some, maybe try to work on my latch hook rug kit.

The luncheon yesterday for the shelter was so nice. I won a 110% award for volunteers that go above and beyond. It was really nice to be recognized, lunch was nice, company was nice, I really had a good time. They are so nice to their volunteers, I guess that's why people want to do it. I talked to the clinic manager while I was there. She wants me to come help with some spay and neuter programs that they have. Prepping cats/dogs, helping with instruments and such. I've never done that for animals, only people (well I haven't neutered people :D but I have helped with surgery!!). It would be fun, we'll have to see how it goes.

Have a great day everyone! Talk to you all later :hug:

pogo
06-08-2008, 12:09 PM
Good morning all...... another hot day on the North Coast and I'm loving it ! The resort is being used to it's fullest potential ! Except one minor detail.... Can you guess who got a sunburn on their shoulders yesterday ???? Ouch ! :(

Today was the mass for the first anniversary of Ben's dad's death, in his hometown in Central America. How is it that I somehow managed to get dragged into family drama even though I live 2129 miles away???
Because you have a great :heart: and people sense it and take advantage of you for it. :hug:

If you are gonig to do it...... don't wait to book your air.

The price is going to go up, up ,up ! :D

Did I tell you guys that my teacher asked me to do a solo performance on Thursday night? I'm shocked, thrilled and scared to death!!!
Good ! Now you know exactly how thw audience will feel when you dance ! :D

There goes the diet ! Can I have some too ?? :D

I do not have an accent.... it's you that has it ! :D

ElenitaB
06-08-2008, 12:34 PM
Are you still up working on our project? I am! Mine was due Friday, but it didn't get finished. Next estimate is a week from Monday, but I don't know if I'll make that either. :(
Actually I'm zooping in because I need to get to work on it today. Put in a full day yesterday; it also doesn't help that others haven't done their part in providing the information I need (sigh). But I do love what I'm doing so I shouldn't complain.

Pogo has an accent? :shrug: If that's an accent, I'm in big trouble. :gangster:

Beast_fanatic
06-08-2008, 01:13 PM
Di good luck with getting your DH excited.

Did you know this statement all on its own can be misconstrued? :blush:

disneydeb
06-08-2008, 01:22 PM

Where is YOUR mind, Rhonda? :D

ElenitaB
06-08-2008, 01:37 PM
:faint: Me thinks Rhonda is working way too hard. Anyone else share that opinion?

pogo
06-08-2008, 03:00 PM
:faint: Me thinks Rhonda is working way too hard. Anyone else share that opinion?
Me too !

And do you believe she claims she can bend over and touch her toes ??? :D

trackbarroness
06-08-2008, 06:23 PM
Actually today's more my Wednesday then my Sunday. Funny thing is after Tuesday the real Tuesday I'll be flying back up north to visit family. Want to start packing but should/ought I and PirateGal wait until tuesday to start packing? :cool:

drummerboy
06-09-2008, 12:03 AM
Are you from the U.P.? Or maybe Canadian? I say eh all the time, everyone teases me about it. I guess I never thought that I was always posting a question, eh?
I use the 'eh' just to aggrevate Carol. :D

:nono: I finally get to use that on Rhonda!

Thanks all for the kind words. It appears that he was working under the RV/bus, checking on the generator exhaust. The RV has some kind of air-ride suspension that was on when he got under it. Apparently, he bumped something or turned a wrong valve and it let the air out of the suspension on the side he was working on, letting the RV settle onto his chest. They think it was instantaneous. They were just finishing the packing to go off on a two month trip out west. His DW (SIL's mother) was inside getting some last minute things together and a neighbor pulled up on his motorcycle to say goodbye and found him.

It went to 102 degrees in Raleigh (real temp, not heat index) today before we left for home. I think it was in the 90s down here and it was still pretty muggy by the time we got home.

The kids are just settling in now, so I'd better go help DW. Good night.

Question, question, who's got my question? Ah, there it is. OK, now goodnight.

pogo
06-09-2008, 07:15 AM
Good morning all........... is everybody staying warm ??? We have been using the resort all weekend and loving it.

Rhonda.... our pool temp was up to 83 F yesterday. I had to run some cold water into it to try to cool it down ! :D

Ellen.... yes, I put on the sunscreen and reapplied it on and off through out the day. :thumbsup:

It appears that he was working under the RV/bus, checking on the generator exhaust. The RV has some kind of air-ride suspension that was on when he got under it. Apparently, he bumped something or turned a wrong valve and it let the air out of the suspension on the side he was working on, letting the RV settle onto his chest. They think it was instantaneous. They were just finishing the packing to go off on a two month trip out west. His DW (SIL's mother) was inside getting some last minute things together and a neighbor pulled up on his motorcycle to say goodbye and found him.
Ken.... I don't know if I posted about this.... did I ? I'm sorry for your loss. It goes to show you that we don't know when we'll get called by the Lord to join him, so prepare yourself for it every day. If you love someone, tell them. I love all my JQ friends and can't wait to meet everyone of them ! :D

Tell Mary, Patti and I are thinking of you guys and sharing a prayer for your whole family. :yes:

Mickey'sGirl
06-09-2008, 08:39 AM
That's horrible Ken. My thoughts are with your son in law and all your family :pixie: .

BTW -- eh? is a Canadian institution. Are you thinking of heading over to the dark side of the border? :darth:

Mickey'sGirl
06-09-2008, 08:51 AM
DDs kindergarten graduation last night was so much fun. Hats with tassels, Pomp & Circumstance playing, and diplomas with handshakes - even at the 6 year old level! Yes, she wore her dress, and NO, nobody laughed at her - she looked so pretty! Aren't you soooo proud of her? I was a blubbering fool at Harry's Kindergarten graduation -- Last night my mom and I were looking at pictures of him from that day. He looked so handsome in his Blue jacket and grey flannel trousers -- and his crooked cap and missing teeth.

I do not have an accent.... it's you that has it ! :D
....actually, you all have accents ... with the exception of Natalie perhaps. We all know that Ontarians and Californians do not have accents. Everyone else does. :D

Blueberry coffee cake and Harry's Chocolate Chip cookies are on the sideboard. Help yourselves.

Dsnygirl
06-09-2008, 12:08 PM
Hi all.... quick zoop to catch up... pretty quiet around here!! (for us, that is... :blush:)

How's everyone (who has it) handling the heat? Today's supposed to be a record-breaking 95 degrees... yipes!! Got out early and watered the plants, now I'm hunkered down in the a/c, catching up on some work.

Missed you all last night... I was looking forward to jumping on before bedtime all evening, and then when I got a chance - whoooosh!! No Intercot! :(

Met with my girlfriends yesterday at IHOP to plan out our January trip... it sounds like it's going to be fun, fun, fun!! They're going for 4 nights, I'm joining them for 3... 4 night/5 days away was a bit too long for me, and the flights/room was cheaper, too. 3 nights/4 days in the parks will be plenty -- and the first time we've done this -- so I can't wait! Funny comment someone made re: it at work - one of the younger girls saw one of my friends planning stuff out and asked, "What are you guys going to do down there??" To which Kate (an Intercotee, btw) replied, "Have a blast!" and our friend repeated, "Yeah, but 5 days... what are you going to do??? Why would you pick going there??" Kate just smiled and said, "You have no idea... it's going to be more fun than we can handle. And you're just one less person I have to wait behind!!" ;)

So - Dan and I figured out all our ADR's and I'm going to post them after I'm done here... we changed a few things and moved stuff around a bit, and now we're both pretty excited -- although I confess, I'm still the only one counting the days. :blush: And we did it all w/o the girls knowing a bit of it... :woohoo:

So - what's everyone up to this Monday?? Anyone else besides me join Facebook?? (Talk about moving into the new millenium... I'm never going to be able to keep up w/ all these sites... :blush:)

MissStyles
06-09-2008, 12:08 PM

I thought this was a family site?

His DW (SIL's mother) was inside getting some last minute things together and a neighbor pulled up on his motorcycle to say goodbye and found him.

Ken that is simply awful.............I can only imagine what his wife is going through, how nice of you to help them out during all of this. Thoughts are to all of you...:pixie:

Wow what a weekend I've had.....it's great we have company in town for another week, makes me feel like I'm on vacation in my own town. :cool:

Everyone doing well? Looks like you're all working today........

or making ADRs ;)

Jasper
06-09-2008, 12:09 PM
So are all the rest of you having the heat that we are? We have been in the mid 90's since early last week and have had humidity levels to match. The weather has just been crazy this year. Extra cold winter, heavy rains with lots of tornadoes in late winter/early spring and now early season heat and humidity! Oh well, at least we stayed away from the nasty weather this last weekend!

Just about an hours drive north of us they had really heavy rains with tornadoes over the weekend. What makes it really bad is that so much of that area is so flat that the water doesn't drain well.

We were camping this weekend near Danville Illinois and got some of that heavy rain on Friday night and Saturday morning but again missed out on the worst of it. However when we drove home on Sunday we passed right through the area that got the worst of it and those people really have a MESS! The good news though is that apparently no one in this particular area died or were seriously hurt.

Well, got to get some things done and run into town to do some errands. I will check back later with all of you if I get time.

OH, Ken I almost forgot to share my condolences for the loss your family has shared. I can't imagine how your SiL must be feeling right now. I also think it is really nice of you to help out with some of the young,ens while the others take care of all the details.

MMouse6937
06-09-2008, 12:42 PM
So - what's everyone up to this Monday?? Anyone else besides me join Facebook?? (Talk about moving into the new millenium... I'm never going to be able to keep up w/ all these sites... :blush:)
I also joined Facebook last night and was having a ball! I'm the one with the picture checking into POR :D Hope to add anyone and everyone as friends!

Just about an hours drive north of us they had really heavy rains with tornadoes over the weekend. What makes it really bad is that so much of that area is so flat that the water doesn't drain well.

I was thinking of you and hoping that you had made it through all of the stroms ok.

What's everyone's plans for Monday? I'm reading over resumes for the receptionist position we posted over the weekend. Yikes, now you know why I needed to check in here :) Hope you all have a great day, talk to you later :hug:

Jasper
06-09-2008, 12:48 PM
Are you tired of always reading bad news? I just saw a good news story for a change. There is a man who came to America as a child after WWII and later became a researcher at the University of Utah. However, at the beginning of the war his mother had turned his stepsister over to other people in Austria and this man thought the stepsister had died during the war.

Well, this man won a Nobel Prize in medicine recently and naturally his picture was in newspapers around the world. As it turns out his stepsister is still alive and living in Austria. Needless to say when word got out about this the good people in Utah and Austria got together and made a reunion possible between the two.

Sorry for serial posting and being so long but I just thought this was really cool!

disneydrmr
06-09-2008, 12:51 PM
Ken.. I'm so sorry to hear of the loss in your family. How awful! I'll be praying.

Hugs to everyone! Is it ok if I just do a quick zoop?

Jasper
06-09-2008, 12:55 PM
I was thinking of you and hoping that you had made it through all of the stroms ok.

Thanks for thinking of me! It was really odd that we were camping slightly north of the worst of it and then came home to where we live which is just slightly south of the worst of it. Do you think someone is watching out for us?

While we were not in the worst of it I do have to say that none of us got much sleep Friday night. We had some really wicked thunder and lightning as well as heavy rains from about midnight Friday until mid afternoon on Saturday. As those of you who camp can testify when you are in a camper you hear absolutely EVERYTHING that goes on around you during the night.:D:D Every time we thought it might be letting up another round came through and we had more booming and lightning!

Nascfan
06-09-2008, 01:30 PM
Hey all, quick zoop. No time to read back, so pixie dust and hugs to any that need it.

Lovin' this summertime weather! It's getting us ready for Florida, which is in just 4 short days! :mickey:

Who wants to go swimming?

drummerboy
06-09-2008, 01:37 PM
Lovin' this summertime weather! It's getting us ready for Florida, which is in just 4 short days! :mickey:?
Okay, remind me again, why are you going to Florida? :thedolls:

I think yesterday's Raleigh high of 102 set a record up there for this early in June. It was one of those days where you can work up a sweat blinking your eyes. Reminds me of an old Twilight Zone episode.

pogo
06-09-2008, 01:42 PM
Is it ok if I just do a quick zoop?
Nope.... you forgot your :fresh:

Lovin' this summertime weather! It's getting us ready for Florida, which is in just 4 short days!
Good for you, Scott ! Will you promise to eat a :bar: for me ??? :D

I think yesterday's Raleigh high of 102 set a record up there for this early in June. It was one of those days where you can work up a sweat blinking your eyes. Reminds me of an old Twilight Zone episode.

As only you can remember ! :D

disneydrmr
06-09-2008, 01:44 PM
Nope.... you forgot your :fresh:

Sorry... :fresh: Is that better? :fresh:

And I can't resist... Pogo.. you sure are one classy lady!!!! :rotfl::funny:

Nascfan
06-09-2008, 01:49 PM
Okay, remind me again, why are you going to Florida? :thedolls:

Haha, you're funny!

Good for you, Scott ! Will you promise to eat a :bar: for me ??? :D

Pogo, for you, I'll eat a couple, at least. After all, what are friends for?

disneydrmr
06-09-2008, 01:51 PM

Just don't forget to kiss Stitch on the nose for me! And kiss Prince Caspian's cheek for me! And eat a couple or more beignets for me also! And shouldn't you be packing? :D

MissStyles
06-09-2008, 01:52 PM
And I can't resist... Pogo.. you sure are one classy lady!!!! :rotfl::funny:

Did someone put Marilyn up to that or did she really think HE was a SHE? :confused:

Jasper
06-09-2008, 01:55 PM

I would think that you are probably right about that being a record. We didn't set a record for high temp yesterday but finished the day just one degree shy of the record. And today is a carbon copy of yesterday!

Rather than a Twilight Zone Episode I was thinking more of that old movie where the atmosphere around the earth is literally on fire and a nuclear submarine is sent to the middle of the Pacific ocean to send a nuclear missile into the Van Allen Radiation Belt to put out the fire. Can you think of the title of that movie? I can picture it in my mind but for the life of me I can't remember the title.

Anyway, in that movie the atmosphere continues to get hotter and hotter and even the sea starts to boil near the surface,

Dsnygirl
06-09-2008, 02:15 PM
Are you tired of always reading bad news? I just saw a good news story for a change. There is a man who came to America as a child after WWII and later became a researcher at the University of Utah. However, at the beginning of the war his mother had turned his stepsister over to other people in Austria and this man thought the stepsister had died during the war.

Well, this man won a Nobel Prize in medicine recently and naturally his picture was in newspapers around the world. As it turns out his stepsister is still alive and living in Austria. Needless to say when word got out about this the good people in Utah and Austria got together and made a reunion possible between the two.

Sorry for serial posting and being so long but I just thought this was really cool!
That is really cool... what a great story. Thanks for brightening my day!! (Not that it needs to be much brighter out there... boy is that sun warm today!!!)

Lovin' this summertime weather! It's getting us ready for Florida, which is in just 4 short days! :mickey:

Wow... 4 days.... how are you maintaining any sense of composure?? :mjump: Are you packed yet??? ;)

drummerboy
06-09-2008, 02:43 PM
Rather than a Twilight Zone Episode I was thinking more of that old movie where the atmosphere around the earth is literally on fire and a nuclear submarine is sent to the middle of the Pacific ocean to send a nuclear missile into the Van Allen Radiation Belt to put out the fire.
I'm not familiar with that movie. In the Twilight Zone episode, There's a little girl sick in the bed but everybody is leaving to head north because the earth was heating up so much that even oil paintings were melting. For some reason they couldn't move her. But somewhere toward the end, you find out that the girl was sick but fevered, so she was having a nightmare about the earth getting so hot. But what actually was happening was that the earth was cooling so much that everyone was moving southward to keep from freezing. They still can't move her. Typical TZ.

All that and I still didn't have a question?

Jasper
06-09-2008, 02:47 PM
That is really cool... what a great story. Thanks for brightening my day!! (Not that it needs to be much brighter out there... boy is that sun warm today!!!)

You're welcome! Now can I send some of this humidity your way to share with you warm sun? We have had so much rain this spring and more is on the way for tonight. So, naturally, we have horrible humidity to go with our current high of 95 degrees. In fact, the radio just said our humidity is currently about 98%. Needless to say that old chestnut about the air being so heavy that you could cut it with a knife is VERY appropriate today!

We have a county rabbit club meeting tonight and this one is suppose to be held outside. I think we will move it inside this time to take advantage of the air conditioning!

Jasper
06-09-2008, 02:57 PM
I'm not familiar with that movie. In the Twilight Zone episode, There's a little girl sick in the bed but everybody is leaving to head north because the earth was heating up so much that even oil paintings were melting. For some reason they couldn't move her. But somewhere toward the end, you find out that the girl was sick but fevered, so she was having a nightmare about the earth getting so hot. But what actually was happening was that the earth was cooling so much that everyone was moving southward to keep from freezing. They still can't move her. Typical TZ.

Yeah, I remember that one now that you explained it. I am just young enough that I don't remember seeing these when they were new. My mother always said we watched Twilight Zone faithfully but I am just to young to remember that. However, I have made up for lost time and have seen just about every Twilight Zone episode.

Does anyone else love the Sci-Fi channel as much as I do? True, there are times when they run all day and all night marathons of shows like the Incredible Hulk, and some of the blood and guts movies that I don't care for but it is great when they do show the old classics like TZ or various Star Trek series or movies.

pogo
06-09-2008, 03:19 PM
I can't resist... Pogo.. you sure are one classy lady!!!!

Thank you ! :tiphat:

You're not so bad yourself ! :fresh:

For eating :bar:'s ! :D

Did someone put Marilyn up to that or did she really think HE was a SHE?
Would you believe I asked her to do that to break up the tension ???? :D

It's a sure sign of old age..... I know..... what question was I going to ask again ????? :old:

offwego
06-09-2008, 04:32 PM
You mean the twilight zone isn't just a ride?

pogo
06-09-2008, 04:46 PM
Hey everyone..... I just got a call from Nikki and she said to say :hi: !

She is at WDW right now and standing in line :simba:for FOTLK at AK. She said the weather has been great :sun: and so far.... no :rain:.

She returns to the real world late tomorrow so be looking for her trip reports shortly after.

Can anyone guess what she ate for me today ???? :D

disneydrmr
06-09-2008, 04:53 PM

Fried possum? :fresh:

disneydeb
06-09-2008, 04:55 PM
Don't ya just love both MMs? :mickey: and Marylin Machetti? :D

Scott are you packed yet?:D

Jasper any more good news stories?:thumbsup:

Jasper
06-09-2008, 04:59 PM
You mean the twilight zone isn't just a ride?

And you would be how young that you didn't know this? Are you trying to make the rest of us feel old?

pogo
06-09-2008, 05:07 PM

:shake:

Don't ya just love both MMs? :mickey: and Marylin Machetti?

Yep ! :thumbsup: I'm just having a hard time loving anyone whose nick name starts with d.i.s.n.e.y. on here ! Do you know what I mean ????? :D

disneydeb
06-09-2008, 06:10 PM

Your words?:D

pogo
06-09-2008, 06:47 PM

Didn't I do enough of that myself this morning ???? :blush:

ElenitaB
06-09-2008, 07:44 PM
:silly:

Rhonda, how's your project going? I need to go grab some clothes out of the dryer and then it's back to work for me! Anyone want to come help do laundry with me tomorrow?

Caroleh
06-09-2008, 07:53 PM

Rhonda, how's your project going? I need to go grab some clothes out of the dryer and then it's back to work for me! Anyone want to come help do laundry with me tomorrow?

Do you want to come and use mine?

disneydeb
06-09-2008, 08:07 PM

Didn't I do enough of that myself this morning ???? :blush:

:hug:

Have I said too much?

Tink&Goofy
06-09-2008, 08:37 PM

:funny: Pogo never does lack for words, does he? :blah: Or should I say Ms. Pogo? :D
Does Patti know about this? :D

So the application went in today (all 15 pages!). If you could sprinkle a little pixie dust on it, I'd appreciate it! They work notoriously slow, so may be awhile before I hear anything at all.

Tink&Goofy
06-09-2008, 08:47 PM
Hey, how come Bethany doesn't come around anymore? Doesn't she like us anymore??? :(

Dsnygirl
06-09-2008, 08:55 PM
Hey everyone..... I just got a call from Nikki and she said to say :hi: !

She is at WDW right now and standing in line for FOTLK at AK.
Sigh.... my favorite... 183 days 'til I'm close enough to go... :simba:

:ack: :sick:

So the application went in today (all 15 pages!). If you could sprinkle a little pixie dust on it, I'd appreciate it! They work notoriously slow, so may be awhile before I hear anything at all.
Sending lots of :pixie: your application's way... if it's to be the right move for you, I hope you get it!! :thumbsup:

What's everyone up to tonight? I'm at work for the night, and feeling bereft of my computer after having been on it all day!! :blush: Not missing being out of the heat, though... tomorrow it's supposed to "only" be 90!!

Natazu
06-09-2008, 09:00 PM
Can anyone guess what she ate for me today ???? :DNo, but I'm sure it was classy.

Fried possum? :fresh:Never saw that commin'

If man evolved from monkeys and apes, why are there still monkeys and apes?

disneydeb
06-09-2008, 09:33 PM
Hey, how come Bethany doesn't come around anymore? Doesn't she like us anymore??? :(

Oh, she's around and coming in December.
Have you seen her trip reports from Disneyland?

BronxTigger
06-09-2008, 09:47 PM

Awww, of course I still like everyone in JQ! I'm touched to see that you missed me!

I've been lurking over here (barely)...but I haven't taken the time to post. Even my trip reports are slow going. I did the first two days (of four) within a week of returning from DLR, but the third day was posted like last week. Day four is not done yet! (It's coming...)

And yes, I just booked my plane tickets for December. Is anyone else excited?

I'll try to come around more often. May and June are the busiest times for the school year. It's hot and I'm exhausted at the end of the day from the sheer amount of end-of-year paperwork and cleaning that we have to do, not to mention the atrocious behavior of the children and the 90 degree classrooms.

pogo
06-09-2008, 09:53 PM
Have I said too much?
No Sis...... never too much.... Remember the old saying about payback ??? :D

Pogo never does lack for words, does he? Or should I say Ms. Pogo?

Who cares ! Nice addition to your signature....... by the way........ your fired as my assistant. :d

Tink&Goofy
06-09-2008, 10:16 PM
Awww, of course I still like everyone in JQ! I'm touched to see that you missed me!
And yes, I just booked my plane tickets for December. Is anyone else excited?

Glad to see you around here! I have yet to buy my air tickets, but soon.....

Nice addition to your signature....... by the way........ your fired as my assistant. :d
Boy...tough boss! Remind me not to ever work for you!

So while you guys are baking, we are still in the 50s. They had a foot of snow on the ski slopes over the weekend, so they are still skiing! (actually, on the upper slopes they ski year round - thats where the US ski team trains). So when you are done with all that hot air, could you send some our way? (No Pogo, not you....):D

pogo
06-09-2008, 10:20 PM
So when you are done with all that hot air, could you send some our way? (No Pogo, not you....)
You want to be next ????? :D

Dsnygirl
06-09-2008, 10:27 PM
So when you are done with all that hot air, could you send some our way? (No Pogo, not you....):D
On it's way... :fan: :fan: .... pogo, step out of the breeze, or you might end up in Oregon.... :D

You want to be next ????? :D
Can you fire somebody who doesn't work for you??? ;)

How's the night ending for everyone? Mine's just getting going... hope to work on some Disney stuff later when the really late hours hit...

drummerboy
06-09-2008, 10:30 PM
Somebody had to stay around to laugh at us.

Anybody want a spare kid to watch?

disneydeb
06-09-2008, 10:40 PM
Somebody had to stay around to laugh at us.

Are the kids laughing at you again?

I have my own to entertain , thanks though!

Tink&Goofy
06-09-2008, 10:42 PM
Sure, the more the merrier! Actually, how about a trade? I'll take the kiddos, if you help DD finish her "Poet Project" on Robert Frost!

Beast_fanatic
06-09-2008, 11:03 PM

Rhonda, how's your project going?

It's going entirely too slowly! Are you done with yours yet?

How's the night ending for everyone? Mine's just getting going... hope to work on some Disney stuff later when the really late hours hit...

I'm worn out. I was really hoping to do some vacation planning now, but I'm so tired that I don't know if it will happen. The saddest part is that I could have made ressies starting today, but I still have no plans! :eek:

Has anyone here done Cirque? Is it worth $175 for 2 people? It just seems so expensive (and that's for level 2 seating).

drummerboy
06-09-2008, 11:03 PM
Sure, the more the merrier! Actually, how about a trade? I'll take the kiddos, if you help DD finish her "Poet Project" on Robert Frost!
Sure, how's this?

There was a guy named Robert Frost.
He writ some pomes but now he's lost.

Thank you very much.

Natazu
06-09-2008, 11:39 PM
Has anyone here done Cirque? Is it worth $175 for 2 people? It just seems so expensive (and that's for level 2 seating).Worth it? That's hard to answer for somebody else. I can tell you that my first Cirque show, I sat there for 90 minutes with my mouth hanging open at the ability, coordination, and showmanship of these performers. I've never seen anything to equal it.

Dsnygirl
06-10-2008, 12:07 AM
Sure, how's this?

Thank you very much.
:laughing:

Jym - I like your newest new signature line!! You've had to do lots of changes tonight, haven't you?? Feel like you were on The Apprentice?? :D

Tink&Goofy
06-10-2008, 12:38 AM
On it's way... :fan: :fan: .... pogo, step out of the breeze, or you might end up in Oregon.... :D

Is THAT how I get you guys to come visit me? :D

Has anyone here done Cirque? Is it worth $175 for 2 people? It just seems so expensive (and that's for level 2 seating).
Wow. That seems spendy! I have never been to it - I hear it is amazing. Don't know if its $175 worth of amazing though.

We are STILL working on the Poets Project. Its amazing that as you get a part done, it comes out that Oh Yah, I have to do a speech on it too!!! :mad: I will be SOOOO glad when school is over!

How are the babies tonight?

Dsnygirl
06-10-2008, 12:51 AM
We are STILL working on the Poets Project. Its amazing that as you get a part done, it comes out that Oh Yah, I have to do a speech on it too!!! :mad: I will be SOOOO glad when school is over!

How are the babies tonight?
:laughing: I shouldn't laugh, but I can't help remembering Julia's first project this year... a "shadow box" depicting a scene from a book she was reading. And oh by the way, it's due Monday. (This was Friday night!) So I asked what she scene she wanted to do?? A camping scene in the woods, fully equipped with a fire and clay people... a stream... lots of trees... :confused: Needless to say, we "discussed" the liklihood of this happening, and she (we :blush:) ended up doing an indoor scene from a sewing shop, using her "Sweet Streets" people and furniture... we did get creative and wallpaper the walls, do pictures and carpet the floor... but still!! I was pretty happy for throwing it together in two days! ;)

The babies are good... not too many, not too few... just right for a good night! :thumbsup:

How's the speech coming?? :D

Tink&Goofy
06-10-2008, 01:47 AM
How's the speech coming?? :D
Ugggh! Well the project is done - notice I said DONE and not GREAT! Its funny because with all her struggles in school, the ONE state benchmark that she has fully met is SPEECH! Considering it took YEARS to get her to talk, that is rather amazing. I guess all those plays she did when she was younger has paid off.

Is this summer??? :confused: The news tonight said that the mountains are under a heavy snow warning for up to 12 inches! Amazing. I guess the skiing up there is pretty good!

Natazu
06-10-2008, 02:55 AM
:laughing:

Jym - I like your newest new signature line!! You've had to do lots of changes tonight, haven't you?? Feel like you were on The Apprentice?? :DIt's just weird to see somebody other than me in trouble.

Wow. That seems spendy!
Spendy... is that even a word?

How are the babies tonight?Tenebro is asleep and Aeyer is moaning about the litter box needing to be emptied.

Dsnygirl
06-10-2008, 03:36 AM
It's just weird to see somebody other than me in trouble.

Tenebro is asleep and Aeyer is moaning about the litter box needing to be emptied.
Don't worry... the possums story and all it's variations will never leave you... :D

Who??? Where did you get those names, and what kind of cats (I'm assuming here....) are they? And do they know that the new king of the house is on his way???

Natazu
06-10-2008, 04:13 AM
Don't worry... the possums story and all it's variations will never leave you... :D

Who??? Where did you get those names, and what kind of cats (I'm assuming here....) are they? And do they know that the new king of the house is on his way???

Tenebro comes from the Italian word for darkness, tenebre. He's black.
Aeyer comes from the the word for light in some dead language I can't remember right now. She's black too. Ironic, huh?
They are also both pretty stupid, so it'll probably be six months before they notice the baby.

Dsnygirl
06-10-2008, 04:32 AM
Tenebro comes from the Italian word for darkness, tenebre. He's black.
Aeyer comes from the the word for light in some dead language I can't remember right now. She's black too. Ironic, huh?
They are also both pretty stupid, so it'll probably be six months before they notice the baby.
I don't know... our cats thought they had it all figured out... changing table? Gift from the gods for them to lay on and stretch out in the sun. Crib? jail... but fun to jump into... and out of... and into.... (you get the picture...) Bouncy seat? Cool to curl up in... 'til it was turned on... :D So - all in all, they thought Julia's "room to be" was all theirs... 'til she came home and screamed in it... then they were nowhere to be found anywhere near it!! :) (Well, at least Kramer was gone... Calvin would actually sit outside her door if she was inside crying and occasionally paw at it... but for a boy, he's always been a big "mama cat"... Dan would call him something else, but seeing as it's a family friendly site... :blush: )

We tried "testing" the cats with a stuffed animal to see how they'd react to us paying attention to something else... Calvin could've cared less, but Kramer climbed right up in my lap, took the teddy by the ear and threw it on the floor and promptly took it's place in my lap. Gotta love proprietary ownership...

pogo
06-10-2008, 07:02 AM
Good morning all......... anyone think I can get into trouble today ??? I bet I can !

Our pool temp was an amazing 84.9 F yesterday !
And that was after putting cold water in it. :D

Jym - I like your newest new signature line!!
Isn't Jym a trip ??? I love you Bro ! :D

Is this summer??? :confused: The news tonight said that the mountains are under a heavy snow warning for up to 12 inches!
And yet another reason NOT to visit Portland ! :D

Ain't it the truth though ! :D

disneydeb
06-10-2008, 07:16 AM
Morning!

Another day , another chance to show love to others.

The next few days will be unbearable here as our little neighboring town's poulation swells from 3,oo0 to 100,00 because of Bonaroo.:thedolls:

Can I be someone's houseguest for awhile?

disneydeb
06-10-2008, 07:25 AM
It's going entirely too slowly! Are you done with yours yet?

I'm worn out. I was really hoping to do some vacation planning now, but I'm so tired that I don't know if it will happen. The saddest part is that I could have made ressies starting today, but I still have no plans! :eek:

Amy's Dustin wants to do Cirque this time. He has been before and says it is wonderful. W re planning to go Saturday, the 6th , our arrival day.
When were you thinking about going?
I made ADR's yesterday. I got everything I asked for, wanna copy mine? It's posted in Dining section.

Caroleh
06-10-2008, 07:54 AM
At last years seminar there was a small cirque performance at a big casino up here which the company took us to. It was fantastic. I'd love to get Gilles to go to one, but the pricetag scares him away. Did I ever tell you that he is very frugal(actually, cheap:D)? We won't get into the central air issue here that past few days!!!

Everyone have a great day!! Thunderstorms moved through and cooled everything off!!

MauiMouse
06-10-2008, 08:49 AM

Rhonda, now that is sad. We can make ours on Thursday and I'll be up at 7am on the phone. I hope that you can get some down time and start making some plans.

Haven't done Cirque but would like to at some point. RIght now though I'll be saving most of my $$.

The next few days will be unbearable here as our little neighboring town's poulation swells from 3,oo0 to 100,00 because of Bonaroo.:thedolls:

Okay Deb, what is Bonaroo? Never heard of that one.

Day off for moi, I need it too. I have to work on my resume and get that out there. Have a good one everyone! :mickey:

Mickey'sGirl
06-10-2008, 09:01 AM
Sure, the more the merrier! Actually, how about a trade? I'll take the kiddos, if you help DD finish her "Poet Project" on Robert Frost!I was going to say the same thing....and I will gladly help with the Poet Project. Does it have to be an American Poet? I spent 2 years studying the Metaphysical Poets, and I could get her a killer mark if we did John Donne..... :D

Has anyone here done Cirque? Is it worth $175 for 2 people? It just seems so expensive (and that's for level 2 seating).Never done it down there, but I have up here. I LOVE theatre and drama and music and dance -- and Cirque is just toooooooo long for me. I would personally spend my money elsewhere...

Its funny because with all her struggles in school, the ONE state benchmark that she has fully met is SPEECH! Considering it took YEARS to get her to talk, that is rather amazing. I guess all those plays she did when she was younger has paid off. That's hilarious! Doesn't she amaze you? Euan barely spoke before he was 3 -- and I have a feeling he'll be the same way (once he learns how to say many of the sounds that is... :blush:)

It's just weird to see somebody other than me in trouble.Don't you know it. I got in trouble twice in these here parts don't you know.... The first time didn't bother me ... but the second time nearly made me sign off all together. But that's another story.

So -- yesterday Tate (the young dog) ate his crate and hopped it a good 25 feet from the kitchen into the family room, where he broke the bars off, got his head out and after nibbling on the arm of the loveseat, proceeded to EAT THE BEANBAG CHAIR!!! Wanna guess what we'll be finding around out house for the next million years? Brian was so ticked he was ready to get rid of the dog...... Harry is distraught at the idea of it..... That's my story. Where's the coffee????

disneydeb
06-10-2008, 09:50 AM
Rhonda, now that is sad. We can make ours on Thursday and I'll be up at 7am on the phone. I hope that you can get some down time and start making some plans.

Haven't done Cirque but would like to at some point. RIght now though I'll be saving most of my $$.

Okay Deb, what is Bonaroo? Never heard of that one.

Day off for moi, I need it too. I have to work on my resume and get that out there. Have a good one everyone! :mickey:

We will get our trip paid for before I buy tickets for it (Cirque)

Bonnaroo or mabe iti s Bonaroo ( I really don't know):confused: is a long weekend of people getting together from ALL over listen to bands from ALL over and an opporunity for immature individuals to experiment with all sorts of life and mood altering opportunities.:marg::beer::ack:

Would you say opportunities is the right word here?;)

pogo
06-10-2008, 09:56 AM
Bonnaroo or mabe iti s Bonaroo ( I really don't know):confused: is a long weekend of people getting together from ALL over listen to bands from ALL over and an opporunity for immature individuals to experiment with all sorts of life and mood altering opportunities.:marg::beer::ack:

Would you say opportunities is the right word here?;)

Why wasn't I invited then ?????? :D

drummerboy
06-10-2008, 10:18 AM
Morning!

Another day , another chance to show love to others.

Now, now, where's the love?

We have something similar here, where our town of 3000 goes to about 40,000, but we call it 4th of July. :D

disneydrmr
06-10-2008, 11:36 AM
Yep ! :thumbsup: I'm just having a hard time loving anyone whose nick name starts with d.i.s.n.e.y. on here ! Do you know what I mean ?????

:fresh:

Here you go! :magic: :pixie: Hope that helps your application!

Not missing being out of the heat, though... tomorrow it's supposed to "only" be 90!!

Whew! Hope you survive the heat! Our heat wave broke today.. only gonna be in the mid 80's.

Never saw that commin'

is that what the possums say after you run them off the road?

So while you guys are baking, we are still in the 50s. They had a foot of snow on the ski slopes over the weekend, so they are still skiing! (actually, on the upper slopes they ski year round - thats where the US ski team trains). So when you are done with all that hot air, could you send some our way? (No Pogo, not you....):D

You can have our hot air.. but only if you take the storms we've been having also! I'm tired of being woke up by my doggies every night because of the thunder and lightening!

Sure, how's this?

Thank you very much.

:clappy: Encore! Encore!! Bravo!!! Encore!!!

The next few days will be unbearable here as our little neighboring town's poulation swells from 3,oo0 to 100,00 because of Bonaroo.

Do you do windows?

Everyone have a great day!! Thunderstorms moved through and cooled everything off!!

Wonder if that's the same thunderstorms that moved thru here at midnight, waking me from a sound sleep and keeping me up for an hour...

So -- yesterday Tate (the young dog) ate his crate and hopped it a good 25 feet from the kitchen into the family room, where he broke the bars off, got his head out and after nibbling on the arm of the loveseat, proceeded to EAT THE BEANBAG CHAIR!!! Wanna guess what we'll be finding around out house for the next million years? Brian was so ticked he was ready to get rid of the dog...... Harry is distraught at the idea of it..... That's my story. Where's the coffee????

Ouch! Is Tate ok? Make sure you watch him for Bloat and all that.. them things could clog his system up and cause some issues... I think Pogo took all the coffee over to the JQ December planning thread...

Why wasn't I invited then ??????

Maybe cause she figured you were still trying to recover from your days at Woodstock? :D

drummerboy
06-10-2008, 11:44 AM
is that what the possums say after you run them off the road?

He doesn't wait for them to get off the road.

:clappy: Encore! Encore!! Bravo!!! Encore!!!

Why thank you. I'm truly humbled. Or I've truly bumbled. Whatever.

Do you do windows?
Doesn't she have a Mac?

Maybe cause she figured you were still trying to recover from your days at Woodstock? :D
Far out, man.

disneydeb
06-10-2008, 11:47 AM
I was going to say the same thing....and I will gladly help with the Poet Project. Does it have to be an American Poet? I spent 2 years studying the Metaphysical Poets, and I could get her a killer mark if we did John Donne..... :D
Never done it down there, but I have up here. I LOVE theatre and drama and music and dance -- and Cirque is just toooooooo long for me. I would personally spend my money elsewhere...
That's hilarious! Doesn't she amaze you? Euan barely spoke before he was 3 -- and I have a feeling he'll be the same way (once he learns how to say many of the sounds that is... :blush:)
Don't you know it. I got in trouble twice in these here parts don't you know.... The first time didn't bother me ... but the second time nearly made me sign off all together. But that's another story.

Could you please give an example of a metaphysical poem?

...and the dog lived after his unusual breakfast?

Pogo, don't you think you are mature enough?!!:old:

Did you know I have a Mc and a PC?

Actually a big daddy Mc and a couple little Mcs.:)

MMouse6937
06-10-2008, 12:44 PM
Morning all! I'm kinda sad this morning :( Little Stripey is 2 pounds today so the kittens are going back to the shelter this afternoon :cry: I should be happy right? I mean, my house has 9 animals in it with them right now, but I'm gonna miss them. It's a little different when you bottle feed and become their momma. I know they'll do ok, find great homes and all that, Ijust need a moment.

Hope you all have a great day! Take care :hug:

MsMin
06-10-2008, 12:50 PM
Hey you guys, can I enroll in JQU? I promise to be :angel: :blush: I want to go in Dec. :(
Is there an initiation? :eyes:

Mickey'sGirl
06-10-2008, 12:53 PM
My favourite is called Love's Alchemy

LOVE'S ALCHEMY.
Some that have deeper digg'd love's mine than I,
Say, where his centric happiness doth lie.
I have loved, and got, and told,
But should I love, get, tell, till I were old,
I should not find that hidden mystery.
O ! 'tis imposture all ;
And as no chemic yet th' elixir got,
But glorifies his pregnant pot,
If by the way to him befall
Some odoriferous thing, or medicinal,
So, lovers dream a rich and long delight,
But get a winter-seeming summer's night.

The metaphysical poets were in direct contrast to the typical Elizabethan poets in the 17th Century. They used highly complex images to convey their ideas and also chellenged the typical rhythms of the time. They were punks man!!

The quintessential Metaphysical poem is called A Valediction Forbidding Mourning by John Donne. -- in it he compares two lovers to the two legs of a compass. He shocked and stunned everyone. He also wrote "No Man Is an Island" .... "therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee." That is perhaps my favourite piece of writing ever. Are you going to go out and get some Donne now?

Does this qualify me at a full out nerd now? :D

Nascfan
06-10-2008, 01:00 PM
Hey you guys, can I enroll in JQU? I promise to be :angel: :blush: I want to go in Dec. :(

Beth! It's WONDERFUL to see you here! Come right in, the only initiation is you have to bring cookies. You can handle that, can't you? :tasty: Oh, and don't forget your question or you get the no no from Rhonda. Speaking of which, hey Ken, go back to page 35 and edit your last post there. You forgot your question.

Did you know I'm going to Disney World in 66 hours? :mickey:

Nascfan
06-10-2008, 01:01 PM

Jenn m'dear, you were qualified long before this. ;)

Can I use the same question as I did above? Oh wait, there's another question. Isn't that neat how that works?

drummerboy
06-10-2008, 01:10 PM
Initiation? Muwahahahahaha.

Are you going to go out and get some Donne now?
With the house full of kids right now, I can't get anything Donne.

hey Ken, go back to page 35 and edit your last post there. You forgot your question.
Nah, I got quotes within the quote and there's a question there.

Did you know I'm going to Disney World in 66 hours? :mickey:
Well why didn't you tell anybody? Don't keep these things a secret, son. :D

Mickey'sGirl
06-10-2008, 01:22 PM
Jenn m'dear, you were qualified long before this. ;)

Can I use the same question as I did above? Oh wait, there's another question. Isn't that neat how that works?
Shouldn't you be packing or something????? :mickey:

MissStyles
06-10-2008, 02:10 PM
I think Pogo took all the coffee over to the JQ December planning thread...

I love how that thread has turned into pretty much another JQ one minus the Qs. Noone's mentioned any planning all day!

ps. Diane, any word on your potential WDW trip?

I know they'll do ok, find great homes and all that, I just need a moment.

They'll do okay and so will you. I envy you for being able to be a kitty foster mom. Here's a hug to help you through this little tough time :hug:

Welcome Beth!!!! Do you think you can keep up with us in here????? It gets a little hectic sometimes. :crazy:

Our dean of admissions, Greg, will be along to enroll you I'm sure....

Looks like you've already answered your own question with that post Jenn! :geek2:

pogo
06-10-2008, 02:46 PM
Hey you guys, can I enroll in JQU? I promise to be :angel: I want to go in Dec.
Not if you're going to be an angel..... can't you just be Beth ??? :D

Come to think of it... it would be fun. We should have the newbies do something special.... got any ideas ??? :D

Yeah.... where is he ???? Oh Grego..... we got some work for you ! :D

disneydrmr
06-10-2008, 02:56 PM
Is there an initiation?

Yeah.. you gotta be in a room with Alex, Pogo, Ken and Frankie for 24 hours.. if you come out with your sanity you are dismissed.. if you come out nuttier than you went in.. well. then you are a full fledged member! :D

If I understand even a small part of what you said I might be able to answer that question.. but since I didn't understand a word of it I'm not sure if you're a nerd or not....:D

Did you know I'm going to Disney World in 66 hours?

Did you know that someone tipped them off that you were coming and Ariel has been placed into a witness protection program? :D

Little things amuse you.. don't they?

Well why didn't you tell anybody? Don't keep these things a secret, son.

He just didn't want the JQ Renovation team to know he was leaving...

Shouldn't you be packing or something?????

I think he's purposely waiting for the last minute, knowing he'll forget something, thus giving him reason to have to buy stuff down in Disney!

ps. Diane, any word on your potential WDW trip?

:cry::sob::fit: Does that answer your question? Why oh why did I marry someone who doesn't like Disney...

ElenitaB
06-10-2008, 03:44 PM
Sarah, if it's too quiet at your place, there's a 12 year old I can lend you! School's out in 8 more days.

Do you want to come and use mine?
Sure thing! Is it air conditioned?

Any Cirque production is worth a look-see. Ben's actually a Cirque baby (his dad was working there when... er, family friendly site). $175 is quite expensive but seats for a decent seat at a Broadway play will run you even more than that.

Rhonda, how's the project? God willing, I should be done this evening! Finally! "Done," of course, is a relative term as it's a work in progress and will need to be updated on a regular basis. But done with this phase... did anyone follow that? :shrug:

I shouldn't laugh, but I can't help remembering Julia's first project this year... a "shadow box" depicting a scene from a book she was reading. And oh by the way, it's due Monday. (This was Friday night!)
That's a HUGE lead time! Try "Mom, I need to bring cupcakes tomorrow" at 9:00 p.m.

I'll get the spare bedroom ready for you!

Oh my! What breed is he? I had dog once who ate sunglasses, shoes, stockings and bricks!!! :eek: He was such a nice gift from my DH.

Uh oh. First Beth! How much do you want to bet those other LA girls will be close behind? (And very welcome, I might add.) Welcome, Beth! Considering it's you, we'll accept beignets and pralines instead of the traditional cookies. :hug:

So everyone except Cindy enjoying the heat? Poor kids at Staples this morning... the store hasn't had a/c since Saturday and it was horrible in there! I felt horrible for at least an hour after leaving there. Now I know what a cookie feels like in the oven.

Later, gators! I've got a project to go finish. :woohoo:

pogo
06-10-2008, 03:57 PM
Yeah.. you gotta be in a room with Alex, Pogo, Ken and Frankie for 24 hours.. if you come out with your sanity you are dismissed.. if you come out nuttier than you went in.. well. then you are a full fledged member!

So correct me if I'm wrong..... Are you nuttier than when you came in ?????? :D

After all... you are a full fledged member ! :fresh:

Any Cirque production is worth a look-see. Ben's actually a Cirque baby (his dad was working there when... er, family friendly site).

Oh Ellen.....
you've got to tell us all about it on the other site that's not so family friendly ! ;)

Nascfan
06-10-2008, 04:03 PM
Shouldn't you be packing or something????? :mickey:

Hahaha! Love you too!

Little things amuse you.. don't they?

Yes they do. :D

Is that possible? ;)

disneydrmr
06-10-2008, 04:40 PM

After all... you are a full fledged member ! :fresh:

Takes one to know one!!! :fresh:

Is that possible? ;)

And who yanked your chain? :D

Tomato recall - please everyone - do not eat fresh tomatoes! I know this is killer for us Italians.. but for your health please toss any you have. Thus ends this public service announcement from your friendly neighborhood food customer service rep who is being driven crazy with all these recalls....

pogo
06-10-2008, 04:43 PM
Tomato recall - please everyone - do not eat fresh tomatoes! I know this is killer for us Italians.. but for your health please toss any you have. Thus ends this public service announcement from your friendly neighborhood food customer service rep who is being driven crazy with all these recalls....

Are you serious ???? I had two for lunch. :confused:

Jasper
06-10-2008, 04:47 PM
Come to think of it... it would be fun. We should have the newbies do something special.... got any ideas ???

I think it should be something to do with a possum!! Wait though this is a family site isn't it? OH well, give me some time and I am sure I can pull my brain an inch or two out of the gutter!:D:D

He just didn't want the JQ Renovation team to know he was leaving...

Did someone say renovation? You do know that is the magic word that starts the backhoe? Just make sure you have them sign all the damage waivers before they leave!!:D

Jasper
06-10-2008, 04:54 PM
Sorry for serial posting but I just saw something on a news website that made me laugh!! Did anyone else see that Sean Combs has apparently indicated that he is going back to using the name Puff Daddy? That guy changes names more often than I change my underwear!!

Apparently there was some kind of lawsuit in England that said another performer has been using the name Diddy for a long time and so Combs couldn't use that name and then a store here in the states started calling themselves "Cuff Daddy" and Combs got a court order to stop them from using that name so he had to go back to Puff Daddy to protect the name. Can any of you keep up? I know I can't!

pogo
06-10-2008, 04:56 PM
Sorry for serial posting but I just saw something on a news website that made me laugh!! Did anyone else see that Sean Combs has apparently indicated that he is going back to using the name Puff Daddy? That guy changes names more often than I change my underwear!!

Does anyone else think this is too much information about Jasper ???? :D

disneydeb
06-10-2008, 04:56 PM

Are you feeling sick? You look a little....:sick::ack:

I would post about Jasper and his underwear, but I don't want to be a cereal poster.....:confused: ;)

"Do something " ?...with road kill?

You EAT it! Cook it first, according to tradition with the tomatoes in your fridge.

Then tomatoes won't make you sick anymore....:D

disneydrmr
06-10-2008, 04:57 PM

Yes.. I'm serious! Salmonella has been linked to tomatoes.. I do believe at this time the cherry tomatoes and grape ones are still safe.. as are any that are grown in your local area.. the main concern are ones out of Florida at this time... but we are yanking all from our stock and trying to get some in from Canada.

Did someone say renovation? You do know that is the magic word that starts the backhoe? Just make sure you have them sign all the damage waivers before they leave!!:D

So that's a backhoe I hear and not thunder in the distance? Let's see.. we need a plan for Scott's demo/reno... we could just bulldoze his house and turn his lot into a golf course... his daughter would love it I'm sure!

disneydrmr
06-10-2008, 04:59 PM

Hey Scott! Sounds like Jasper has enough underwear that you could borrow some of his so you can go ahead and pack! :D

Is it 5pm yet?

pogo
06-10-2008, 05:03 PM
Did any of the people using the "other" planning site know we have "chat" over there ?? :yes:

Are you feeling sick? You look a little....

No..... I'm feeling OK. Do I really look sick ??? :(

Yes.. I'm serious! Salmonella has been linked to tomatoes.. I do believe at this time the cherry tomatoes and grape ones are still safe.. as are any that are grown in your local area.. the main concern are ones out of Florida at this time... but we are yanking all from our stock and trying to get some in from Canada.

AW OH !!!!!! :faint: :medic:

Jasper
06-10-2008, 05:39 PM
Hey Scott! Sounds like Jasper has enough underwear that you could borrow some of his so you can go ahead and pack!
Is it 5pm yet?

And hey, since I am not traveling anyplace anytime soon I can always go cowboy if I have to right?

By the way, my attitude is that it is always 5 o'clock somewhere so feel free to have a few :beer: or:marg: if you want!

Caroleh
06-10-2008, 05:59 PM
Sure thing! Is it air conditioned?

We have central air...if you can get Gilles to keep it turned on!!!:D

So that's a backhoe I hear

It's nice to know that our tomatos are safe...Pogo come here to get tomatos...can we throw them at you? Natalie, has lots of tomatos in her area. Where has Natalie been hiding?

Diane, do have Stitch all lined up to run the backhoe at Scott's place?

ALEX....Where are you? I thought of you today!! I have come to a decision...I want all your shorts with writing on the bum so I can burn them. I had a couple of ladies in today that had writing on the bum and let me tell you it was really gross. One had Juicy on her shirt, pants and wallet and the other one had Candy on her pants. So Alex, let us have them so we can burn them and make s'mores in the bonfire. :D

Jasper
06-10-2008, 06:02 PM
OK folks, I am definitely going to have to stop reading the news websites because I end up on the floor laughing like crazy! I just read where some official government agency that just last week projected that there would be no change in the amount of gasoline consumed in the United States or other already developed countries for the foreseeable future. Then today they corrected themselves and said that there is a "significant" drop in the "immediate and otherwise near-term use of gasoline due to the recent increase in the price of gasoline." Yeah, ya think? I don't have to be some fancy schmancy expert to tell you this. All you have to do is look at the gas stations that suddenly look like ghost towns!

Dsnygirl
06-10-2008, 06:24 PM
Wow.... and he's still alive?? That's pretty impressive.... what'd he eat while you were at work??? ;)

Bonnaroo or mabe iti s Bonaroo ( I really don't know) is a long weekend of people getting together from ALL over listen to bands from ALL over and an opporunity for immature individuals to experiment with all sorts of life and mood altering opportunities.

Would you say opportunities is the right word here?
I would say why weren't we invited are some better words... :marg:

Morning all! I'm kinda sad this morning. Little Stripey is 2 pounds today so the kittens are going back to the shelter this afternoon. I should be happy right? I mean, my house has 9 animals in it with them right now, but I'm gonna miss them. It's a little different when you bottle feed and become their momma. I know they'll do ok, find great homes and all that, Ijust need a moment.

:( Sorry to hear that, but you've been a great kitty mommy and they'll find wonderful homes b/c of you... take it from someone who found her new "baby" with someone like you! :thumbsup:

Hey you guys, can I enroll in JQU? I promise to be an angel. I want to go in Dec.
Is there an initiation?
Welcome Beth!! No initiation, just cookies needed....

Yeah.. you gotta be in a room with Alex, Pogo, Ken and Frankie for 24 hours.. if you come out with your sanity you are dismissed.. if you come out nuttier than you went in.. well. then you are a full fledged member!

I think he's purposely waiting for the last minute, knowing he'll forget something, thus giving him reason to have to buy stuff down in
Disney.

Does that answer your question? Why oh why did I marry someone who doesn't like Disney...
Wow... after over a year alone on this site with those three, I must be certifiable.... (hush, peanut gallery....)

Shhhh!!! That was MY secret!!! :secret:

No - the question now is - what do you do to make him "feel the love"??? Trust me, there are ways... :blush:

Now I know what a cookie feels like in the oven.

:funny: been there, done that... luckily, the storms that are coming through have dropped it down a few notches and it's getting nicer out... I'm minus a few hours sleep b/c of them, but at least it's cooler!!

And hey, since I am not traveling anyplace anytime soon I can always go cowboy if I have to right?

Hmmmm... what to say, what to say....

How are you all?? I'm a bit tired... t'storms woke me up around 11:30 (after heading to bed at 9:30) and I was up 'til around 1:45... then I layed back down and thank goodness, fell back asleep! My DD's were angels when they got home and let me sleep 'til 5:30... so we'll see how I feel later!! Where's the coffee???

Jasper
06-10-2008, 06:33 PM
I'm a bit tired... t'storms woke me up around 11:30 (after heading to bed at 9:30) and I was up 'til around 1:45... then I layed back down and thank goodness, fell back asleep! My DD's were angels when they got home and let me sleep 'til 5:30... so we'll see how I feel later!! Where's the coffee???

Be careful with this batch of storms, they are the same ones that came through the midwest and caused so much flooding over the weekend! Just about 40 miles to the north of us they had over 16 inches of rain in less than 24 hours!! Fortunately it missed us but there is a river called the White River that runs through our county from points north of us and they are saying that we can expect flooding to start here in a couple of days and get worse than any we have had since 1913! So just be sure to keep your ear tuned to the radio or TV for any really bad stuff!

OK, who stole my question? Wait, my brain can't function since I gave away my underwear! Yeah, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

disneydeb
06-10-2008, 06:37 PM
Sorry tha you didn't get an invitation, but I coldn't afford tickets for all my buddies. They go for a couple of hundred for the whole event.

I wonder how many people will be sent to the hospital this year because of all the heat.

Is it hot for you today? :thedolls:

MsMin
06-10-2008, 06:42 PM
I'll trade for a younger model any day -- just so you are forewarned, the one I've got for trade comes w/ Vet School tuition :whew:

Ugggh!
Is this summer??? The news tonight said that the mountains are under a heavy snow warning for up to 12 inches! Amazing. I guess the skiing up there is pretty good!
Oh rub it in huh? It's been 95 here all week and that's the cool days Just a picture of snow would be refreshing.

Spendy... is that even a word?

Spendy is a word. It's a conjunction of unthrifty and spendful

Our pool temp was an amazing 84.9 F yesterday !
And that was after putting cold water in it.

Our pool is a warm 88 and that's in a room w/ A/C

The next few days will be unbearable here as our little neighboring town's population swells from 3,oo0 to 100,00 because of Bonaroo.
Bonnaroo or mabe it s Bonaroo ( I really don't know) is a long weekend of people getting together from ALL over listen to bands from ALL over and an opportunity for immature individuals to experiment with all sorts of life and mood altering opportunities.
Would you say opportunities is the right word here?
We call that Bourbon Street down here...
You are welcome here but it's not any less crowded. If you go out between 8pm and 5am the traffic is really very reasonable. We only have about double the pop of your crowded city but hey the food it always great!

Beth! It's WONDERFUL to see you here! Come right in, the only initiation is you have to bring cookies. You can handle that, can't you? Oh, and don't forget your question or you get the no no from Rhonda.
You can see me :blush: You mean asking about initiation isn't a question?

:hide:

Welcome Beth!!!! Do you think you can keep up with us in here????? It gets a little hectic sometimes.

Thanks, I don't reed too good ... I skip words. A little ADD so I have a habit of getting into several conversations at once b/c I can't keep my nose out of everyone's business. I can keep up with 16 conversations at once and that's just the one's in my head.

Not if you're going to be an angel..... can't you just be Beth ???
Come to think of it... it would be fun. We should have the newbies do something special.... got any ideas ???
Yeah.... where is he ???? Oh Grego..... we got some work for you !
:thedolls: so you want me to bring my alter ego do you??

Does that answer your question? Why oh why did I marry someone who doesn't like Disney...
Diane, I've spent many hours working in psych hospitals. I've seen crazy :crazy: Question is will they blow up if I say and how does that make you feel?? I'm not allowed to be crazy for work so they make me leave town with strange friends..;)

Uh oh. First Beth! How much do you want to bet those other LA girls will be close behind? (And very welcome, I might add.) Welcome, Beth! Considering it's you, we'll accept beignets and pralines instead of the traditional cookies.
:hug: I'm the queen of praline; but, my kids call my biegnets hockey pucks... they are flat, black and can break your teeth. So do you think my buds will find me here?? I notice you said LA girls, doesn't that exclude someone???

I did see that, first peanut butter now tomatoes? Are they picking them off the ground? Maybe they are raising chickens w/ the tomatoes:sick: I grow my own, I love to make a fresh tomato sauce (we call it red gravy down here) No wonder we both like to cook.. you have Italian too?
So can't you tell your DH you are going to visit a sick friend? I can get sick at WDW (if crazy counts as sick) and you can come down for a visit. I would love to meet you.

I think it should be something to do with a possum!! Wait though this is a family site isn't it? OH well, give me some time and I am sure I can pull my brain an inch or two out of the gutter!
Can I just go put little incredible masks on them and make them all look like raccoons?? they are so much cuter.

Okay, here are some fresh creamy pralines straight from the deep south... They look like cookies and you can crumble them on some vanilla ice cream..
Anyone interested in some of my favorite family possum recipes? I found a couple on the hwy this morning. Or do we not eat the little critters here????

pogo
06-10-2008, 07:05 PM
Welcome Beth!! No initiation, just cookies needed....
Aw Oh.... who made you Dean of Admissions ??? :confused: Boy... is Greg going to be mad at you ! :D

Gulp..... maybe not.... I should have known better..... Bret :tigger: warned me about you... bye........ :bolt:

MMouse6937
06-10-2008, 08:13 PM
Good evening folks!

SO, the kittens are at the shelter awaiting their surgery tomorrow :( It's kinda strange around here not seeing them sleeping on the bed near the window. Oh well, they will have a good life, they are well socialized, nice kittens and they will make someone very happy.

So how was everyone's day? Mine was pretty busy. I was by myself today and so that always keeps me hopping! Tomorrow I start interviewing some people for my receptionist position. Hopefully some of these people are worthy to hire, I would sure like to get some help in there!

I'm just waiting for Mike to get home so we can have dinner. Hope you all have a great night :hug:

drummerboy
06-10-2008, 08:26 PM
Thanks, I don't reed too good ... I skip words. A little ADD so I have a habit of getting into several conversations at once b/c I can't keep my nose out of everyone's business. I can keep up with 16 conversations at once and that's just the one's in my head.

Boy do you fit in here.

Anyone interested in some of my favorite family possum recipes? I found a couple on the hwy this morning.
People are littering your highways with recipes?:confused:

Tink&Goofy
06-10-2008, 08:36 PM
And yet another reason NOT to visit Portland ! :D

But isn't visiting me reason enough? Suggest you bring a jacket! :D

My favourite is called Love's Alchemy

LOVE'S ALCHEMY.
Some that have deeper digg'd love's mine than I,
Say, where his centric happiness doth lie.
I have loved, and got, and told,
But should I love, get, tell, till I were old,
I should not find that hidden mystery.
O ! 'tis imposture all ;
And as no chemic yet th' elixir got,
But glorifies his pregnant pot,
If by the way to him befall
Some odoriferous thing, or medicinal,
So, lovers dream a rich and long delight,
But get a winter-seeming summer's night.

The metaphysical poets were in direct contrast to the typical Elizabethan poets in the 17th Century. They used highly complex images to convey their ideas and also chellenged the typical rhythms of the time. They were punks man!!

I think maybe thats a LITTLE over DDs head (OK, mine too...:blush:)

That's a HUGE lead time! Try "Mom, I need to bring cupcakes tomorrow" at 9:00 p.m.

Thats what I was thinking! How about finding out at 8:00 pm that the project due the next day also includes a speech?

How ya feeling? :D

Hmmmm... he's changed names a couple of time over the years.....

OK, thats just too much information!

ALEX....Where are you?
Did we scare him off???? Maybe Maria is holding him hostage somewhere? :D

I think you are fully qualified for JQ!!
I LIKE her - she can stay!!!!! Did you bring cookies?

Anyone have any chocolate - preferably DARK chocolate? (Its good for the soul, ya know?)

MauiMouse
06-10-2008, 09:56 PM

Hi Beth! :wave: Welcome aboard the JQU express. Things go pretty fast around here. I had to go through 3 pages worth and I have only been gone like what 9 hours.

SO, the kittens are at the shelter awaiting their surgery tomorrow :( It's kinda strange around here not seeing them sleeping on the bed near the window. Oh well, they will have a good life, they are well socialized, nice kittens and they will make someone very happy.

So how was everyone's day? Mine was pretty busy. I was by myself today and so that always keeps me hopping! Tomorrow I start interviewing some people for my receptionist position. Hopefully some of these people are worthy to hire, I would sure like to get some help in there!

I'm just waiting for Mike to get home so we can have dinner. Hope you all have a great night :hug:

Sarah, sorry that the little ones had to go back. I'd be devasted. I would love to get another fur baby so bad. :cat:

Good luck on the interviewing, not something I'm looking forward too in the future, but one has to do it. Any tips?

Wow, what an afternoon everyone had here. A bit chatty around here. Just chilling after spending some time with one of my good friends.

Gastonsgirl
06-10-2008, 10:00 PM
Why is their a such thing as summer jobs if summers a time for relaxation or a break from school? better yet, why would people even want a summer job? (I never had one)

pogo
06-10-2008, 10:41 PM
How ya feeling?

Just fine ! I called our grocery store and they only had tomatoes from Canada eh..... It's all good.... no worries.

Diane :fresh: ..... thanks for the call and your concern ! :hug:

Good luck on the interviewing, not something I'm looking forward too in the future, but one has to do it.
Why don't you go work for Sarah.... she's great and needs help.... you need a new job.... a perfect match. :thumbsup: And you'll love Albuquerque ! :D

Why is their a such thing as summer jobs if summers a time for relaxation or a break from school? better yet, why would people even want a summer job? (I never had one)

Oh man..... you mean I've got to go and get a summer job ????? :faint:

ElenitaB
06-10-2008, 11:05 PM
Guess who's done with her project? The one she's been programming since last June? The one she's been planning since December 05? The one that finally got approved in March of last year? The one she already finished once back in March and then had to jump through flaming hoops about?

There's a round of celebratory margaritas making their way to you right now! :marg:

Okay, here are some fresh creamy pralines straight from the deep south... They look like cookies and you can crumble them on some vanilla ice cream..

Oh yum! I'll go get the ice cream right now!

Thats what I was thinking! How about finding out at 8:00 pm that the project due the next day also includes a speech?

Anyone have any chocolate - preferably DARK chocolate? (Its good for the soul, ya know?)
My personal favorite is two days before it's due, "Mom, I have a book report due." (Particularly when you've asked about the progress in reading said book for weeks before.)

Dark chocolate on its way to you!

Anyone want to come celebrate with me? :party:

Caroleh
06-10-2008, 11:14 PM
Guess who's done with her project? The one she's been programming since last June? The one she's been planning since December 05? The one that finally got approved in March of last year? The one she already finished once back in March and then had to jump through flaming hoops about?

There's a round of celebratory margaritas making their way to you right now! :marg:

I'll celebrate with you!!! Congratulations!! I also finished that costume. I had to totally redo the top.

So I've got chocolates, who has the :marg:?

pogo
06-10-2008, 11:19 PM

Sure would.......... congratulations ! :thumbsup:

Do you think you could have completed it a couple of months ago if you worked a little harder ?????? :confused:

Just kidding ! :D

I'll celebrate with you!!! Congratulations!! I also finished that costume. I had to totally redo the top.

What costume ??? Belly dance costume ???

Good for you Buddy ! :D

Going to bed..... nitey, nite..... :sleepin:

disneydeb
06-11-2008, 12:04 AM
People are littering your highways with recipes?:confused:

:rotfl::funny:

Who am I to question that?

Beast_fanatic
06-11-2008, 12:05 AM
Amy's Dustin wants to do Cirque this time. He has been before and says it is wonderful. W re planning to go Saturday, the 6th , our arrival day.
When were you thinking about going?
I made ADR's yesterday. I got everything I asked for, wanna copy mine? It's posted in Dining section.

I was thinking of Tuesday, but now I'm thinking we might do MVMCP that night instead. I asked Robert to rank MVMCP, Cirque and NASA, and that's the order he ranked them in, so I don't know if we'll do Cirque or not. We might save it for his big birthday trip next year.

Isn't it pitiful? I tried to do some planning at lunch today, but I didn't get very far. And, I didn't work this evening, but didn't get any planning done either. :shrug: Maybe we'll just wing it this trip! :eek:

Don't you know it. I got in trouble twice in these here parts don't you know.... The first time didn't bother me ... but the second time nearly made me sign off all together. But that's another story.

You're not referring to :nono: as being in trouble are you? I certainly hope not! It's all in the spirit of the "game". After all, without that, it would be like the meets thread! :funny:

Is there an initiation?

Welcome to JQ! And, thanks for the pralines. :thumbsup:

disneydeb
06-11-2008, 12:15 AM

Oh yum! I'll go get the ice cream right now!

My personal favorite is two days before it's due, "Mom, I have a book report due." (Particularly when you've asked about the progress in reading said book for weeks before.)

Dark chocolate on its way to you!

I am so proud of you birthday twin!:thumbsup:

Do you have any green tea?

Dsnygirl
06-11-2008, 03:03 AM
A little ADD so I have a habit of getting into several conversations at once b/c I can't keep my nose out of everyone's business. I can keep up with 16 conversations at once and that's just the one's in my head.

Okay, here are some fresh creamy pralines straight from the deep south... They look like cookies and you can crumble them on some vanilla ice cream.

Anyone interested in some of my favorite family possum recipes? I found a couple on the hwy this morning. Or do we not eat the little critters here????
Guess what?? You fit in here perfectly!!! Thanks for the pralines.... yummm!!

And last I knew, the only person cooking possums around here is Jym... :D ... you know, "Road Kill Cafe"....

I wish!!

Yeah!!! Congrats!! That must feel SO good... now you can come play here more often, right???

(Oh, and btw, thanks for sending me the link to that "time black hole".... I'll never be the same... ;))

So - I'm guessing you're all asleep... although Jym ought to show up soon, he seems to be my 4am friend... I've got so much caffeine on board that I'm WIDE awake... :eyes: ... I need some people who are awake!!

Did I get a question in there somewhere??

trackbarroness
06-11-2008, 07:17 AM
Good morning JQ'ers, the coffee is on as well as the hot water for tea/hot chocolate. And of course your favorite cold beverage of choice. Juices and sodas. If I don't post in like 7 or 8 days that will because I'll be in NJ spending time with family.

Caroleh
06-11-2008, 07:23 AM
What costume ??? Belly dance costume ???

Yes, sir, another belly dance costume. I did the whole outfit in less then a week. I wanted an outfit for my class tomarrow night, since I have that solo performance.

Are you coming to watch?

pogo
06-11-2008, 07:38 AM
Good morning all... up and at'em !

I'll be around a little... I've got some office work... some outside work ;) today.

Yes, sir, another belly dance costume. I did the whole outfit in less then a week. I wanted an outfit for my class tomarrow night, since I have that solo performance.

Are you coming to watch?

I wish I could.... alas... it's not going to happen.

will you miss us ? :D

drummerboy
06-11-2008, 07:57 AM

Are you coming to watch?

We're still waiting for the pictures from the recital. Did you see "Outrageous" last night? Somebody doing a belly dance lost her skirt in mid-shimmy. It was awful--her red briefs clashed with the green skirt. :D

I think DW and DD1 are going off with the young'uns for a couple of days in the RV. I might actually get a little sleep but I'll miss 'em.

Everybody ready for the downhill coast to Friday?

MauiMouse
06-11-2008, 08:41 AM
Why don't you go work for Sarah.... she's great and needs help.... you need a new job.... a perfect match. :thumbsup: And you'll love Albuquerque ! :D

Don't I wish, but it's too far away, you know the drill. Gotta stay close to home.

Yeah, congrats Ellen! :marg: :marg: I'm sure that makes you feel good.

Another day off for me, then back to that lovely store tomorrow. So technically today is my Sunday. No hump day for me. Have a good one everyone.

Where did I put that question?

disneydrmr
06-11-2008, 09:13 AM
Morning all! It's gearing up to be another crazy day!

:sing:
Oh, a cowboy needs a horse, needs a horse, needs a horse
And he's gotta have a rope, have a rope, have a rope
And he oughta' have a song, have a song, have a song
If he wants to keep ridin'

Now a cowboy needs a hat, needs a hat, needs a hat
And a pair of fancy boots, fancy boots, fancy boots
And a set of shiny spurs, shiny spurs, shiny spurs
If he wants to keep ridin'

Oh, the fence is long, and the sun is hot
And the good Lord knows that a cowboy's gotta keep
Ridin', ridin' along

So he gets himself a horse, and a rope, and a song
And he finds himself a hat, fancy boots, shiny spurs
And there's nothing more he needs, or can have, or can get
If he wants to keep ridin', ridin' along

Spurs, shiny spurs
Boots, fancy boots
Sings a western song
Ro-oh-oh-ope
And a horse
If he wants to keep ridin', ridin' along...:sing:

Diane, do have Stitch all lined up to run the backhoe at Scott's place?

ALEX....Where are you? I thought of you today!! I have come to a decision...I want all your shorts with writing on the bum so I can burn them. I had a couple of ladies in today that had writing on the bum and let me tell you it was really gross. One had Juicy on her shirt, pants and wallet and the other one had Candy on her pants. So Alex, let us have them so we can burn them and make s'mores in the bonfire.

Yep.. Stitch is ready on his backhoe! And he's had his coffee!!!

Umm.. are you SURE you would want to eat anything cooked over Alex's shorts? :sick:

No - the question now is - what do you do to make him "feel the love"??? Trust me, there are ways...

Hmmmm.. play "Small World" over and over until he gives in maybe? :D

OK, who stole my question? Wait, my brain can't function since I gave away my underwear! Yeah, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

Family friendly site.... family friendly site... don't say it.. don't say it.. just walk away...

Diane, I've spent many hours working in psych hospitals. I've seen crazy Question is will they blow up if I say and how does that make you feel?? I'm not allowed to be crazy for work so they make me leave town with strange friends..

I did see that, first peanut butter now tomatoes? Are they picking them off the ground? Maybe they are raising chickens w/ the tomatoes I grow my own, I love to make a fresh tomato sauce (we call it red gravy down here) No wonder we both like to cook.. you have Italian too?
So can't you tell your DH you are going to visit a sick friend? I can get sick at WDW (if crazy counts as sick) and you can come down for a visit. I would love to meet you.

HEY! Looks like we've just found our Guidance Counselor for JQU! And with this group it could be a beyond full time job! :D

Yes.. I'm part Italian... and I LOVE to cook! I make a killer homemade spaghetti sauce! It's my grandma's recipe...handed down in our family for many years! Straight from the Naples Italy area.

I wish I could use the sick friend excuse.. but alas, this is suppossed to be our 15 year anniversary trip so he definitly would not be for me going somewhere without him...(though I might have more fun that way!)

People are littering your highways with recipes?

Have you ever considered trying out for that Last Comic Standing show? :D

I don't have dark chocolate.. but I guess I could always take a sharpie and darken the chocolate I do have up for you?

Diane :fresh: ..... thanks for the call and your concern !

You are welcome Pogo! :fresh: Glad to hear you are gonna be just fine!

Anyone want to come celebrate with me?

Congrats Ellen! Way to go! I'll come celebrate with you!

Congrats to you on finishing your costume!

I think DW and DD1 are going off with the young'uns for a couple of days in the RV. I might actually get a little sleep but I'll miss 'em.

Everybody ready for the downhill coast to Friday?

I could send you my two doggies to keep you company! That way maybe I could get a little sleep!

You know that I'm always ready for Friday!

Where did I put that question?

Didn't you know.. there's been a recall on questions...all questions are being picked up and thrown away for consumer safety...

drummerboy
06-11-2008, 09:30 AM
Have you ever considered trying out for that Last Comic Standing show? :D

I don't have dark chocolate.. but I guess I could always take a sharpie and darken the chocolate I do have up for you?

Didn't you know.. there's been a recall on questions...all questions are being picked up and thrown away for consumer safety...
So should we both audition together? :D We could go on as "Justin" and "Questiona", the Romana del Comedio act.

disneydeb
06-11-2008, 09:36 AM
:D

I began to post somethng about cowboys, but I was afraid a mod. would take it the wrong way, so I erased it...:blush:

Who can tell me what "pony up" refers to?