PDA

View Full Version : How are crowds and weather in late June???

mommy2maddi
05-22-2008, 02:32 PM
We are planning a trip for June of 2009...I know, I'm a very detail oriented person and have been planning for months already!!! I was wondering how bad the crowds are in late June and how bad the heat is then too. Never been to Florida in the middle of summer like that. Thanks!!!:mickey:

ChipnDaleGal
05-22-2008, 04:57 PM
It will most definitely be very hot, humid and sticky! It will most likely rain every day at least once. When I went in June it rained really hard for 20-30 minutes and then the storm passed on through and it was right back to beautiful blue skies. Typically the crowds are pretty high that time of year with most schools off. But the park hours are long and if you make good use of fastpasses you should be able to do everything you want. We enjoyed our June trip, but you really need to remember to keep drinking water and to try to hit air conditioned spots frequently for cool downs. Have fun planning. :mickey:

faline
05-22-2008, 05:13 PM
Everything Donna said!

If your trip is close to the 4th of July holiday, it will be extremely crowded.

Jasper
05-22-2008, 06:10 PM
I would add a big ditto as well.

Also make sure you pack a good sense of humor! You mention in your post that you are very detail oriented. If that means that you will be driven crazy by having your scheduled changed at a moments notice then this may not be the best time for you to go. When things get as busy and as hot as you will find in late June the best thing you can do is to be flexible. For me that is not a problem but for my wife any change to the schedule is grounds for lopping off someone's head!

jrpersinger
05-22-2008, 07:17 PM
We have been going to WDW the last few years at the end of June. If you go the last week and are out before the crowd for the 4th get it, its not as crowded as you would expect. The only thing that really ever had a line were the Mountains, Peter Pan, Soarin, Test Track, RockNRoller Coaster and Great Movie Ride. Everything else was well under a 15 min wait, even TOT. Now the last few days we were there last year, the crowd for the 4th came in and the wait times and the crowd seemed to double! But, considering before this I only had the crowds during the week of the 4th and Christmas time to compare with, my opinion of crowd levels may be alittle off. LOL

It does rain every day.... and people run for the nearest building, typically not a ride either. Not us, we are the ones walking around in the rain taking advantage of the shorter lines! It is hot and very muggy.

This year, Star Wars Weekends extends till the end of June so I am thinking thats probably going to make the crowds alittle heavier too.

iammrsnesbitt
05-22-2008, 08:34 PM
We go that time almost every year because my husband and I are both teachers and can only go in the summer and spring and winter breaks. June crowds are less than spring and winter break and if you go in late June it is less hot and less crowded than in July & early August. Be prepared that getting up early is absolutely necessary because you really must go back and rest or go to the pool midday when it is unbelievably hot and everyone else starts pouring into the parks. Crowd-wise - we always get up early and never wait more than 15 minutes as long as we use fastpass. Have a great trip! Maybe we will see you there!