PDA

View Full Version : 2ts ADR's for November...opinions and a ?

cal5755
05-22-2008, 10:53 AM
Thanks to Magical Journeys it is official!!! We booked our trip for November 13 - 18 for SSW!! SO EXCITED!! Girls only - me, mom, my Auntie Doris and Aunt Apple.
We are staying at ALSMov with the Deluxe Dining. Thanks to Kathy from MJ for all the great suggestions on dining we have great ADR's. We have never done a 2 ts before so please give your opinions on these. Also do any of these require a certain dress code?? Thanks a bunch!!

* 11/13
12:15 Kona Cafe
7:05 Artist Point

* 11/14
10:10 CRT at MK
4:30 Boma at Animal Kingdom

* 11/15
5:00 50's Prime Time at Hollywood Studios

* 11/16
5:30 Cape May

* 11/17
12:00 Whispering Canyon
5:30 Narcooses

* 11/18
9:20 am CRT

cal5755
05-23-2008, 08:17 PM
Is there anyone with an opinion? I am really more concerned with how to dress for Artist Point and Narcoosees.... Like I stated above we have never done signature dining so this is new for us... and our Sept. trip we have 2 ts for dinner shows and CRT but we have never done 2 ts dining before ever.

wendy*darling
05-23-2008, 09:07 PM
The Signature Dining (2TS) dress code is businees casual- for women that means nice slacks or skirt and a nice blouse or a fress/sundress. Casual- not like you're going to a cocktail party- but not what you would typically wear to the parks.

Artist Point and Narcoossee's are lovely restaurants. I am sure you will enjoy them.

It looks like you have 2 TS credits left over. Are you using them for CS?
I also notice you have CRT 2 times. Do you really mean to do that? Or are you still deciding which day to go? Remember there is a cancellation policy for CRT, or you will be charged. (Personally, I would not go more than once in any trip- but that's up to you of course).
I don't see any Epcot dining. Epcot has many very wonderful restaurants. You might want to use those last 2 TS credits for a couple of lunches in World Showcase.

Just curious... what is SSW?? I assume it's your resort, but can't come up with what one. :confused:

cal5755
05-23-2008, 09:41 PM
SSW is Super Soap Weekend. I have been watching ABC soaps since I was 3... well before that actually lol.. I am sure I was watching them in the womb as my mom has been watching them longer. We are among the crazy fans that stand in line for too long to get fast passes to see our favorite stars... then stand in line for too long to see them do talk shows or game shows etc. all weekend at MGM.

We actually did to CRT twice for breakfast because I was trying to use up the 2 ts. I think that is the only 2 ts breakfast... I really wanted to end the trip with that breakfast and then booked it for our first day in the parks for the lack of another 2 ts breakfast. The remaining 2 ts we are going to do CS in or try for a walk up ts in MGM on Sat. and Sunday... we don't plan too much on those 2 days because we won't know the schedule of soap events and we will try to catch a bite to eat once we know what we are doing.

I am open to suggestions though :mickey: Thanks for the info I really appreciate it.

chick20679
05-24-2008, 07:16 AM
I am really more concerned with how to dress for Artist Point and Narcoosees.... Like I stated above we have never done signature dining so this is new for us...

Attire considered appropriate is:
• Dress shorts
• Dress pants
• Jean pants
• Collared shirts
• Blouses
• Sweaters
• T-shirts

Attire not permitted is:
• Hats
• Swimsuits
• Swimsuit cover-up's
• Tank tops
• Torn clothing
• Flip-flops

I think you've made some great choices.
It looks like alot of eating! Hope you have a great trip. :mickey:

Kairi_7378
05-24-2008, 10:10 AM
You will have a great time at Artist Point. It is a lovely restaurant. I agree with the dress codes that other people suggested. I usually wear dress pants and a blouse or a sundress to the 2 TS restaurants. I have never felt overdressed, and these are easy enough to store in a park locker so I can change in the rest room of the resort.

If you're going to be in the Studios for Saturday and Sunday, I'd like to recommend the Brown Derby. It's a great 2TS restaurant and you can get the Fantasmic Dinner Package with it.

cal5755
05-25-2008, 11:49 AM
If you're going to be in the Studios for Saturday and Sunday, I'd like to recommend the Brown Derby. It's a great 2TS restaurant and you can get the Fantasmic Dinner Package with it.

I may try and do this once we are there and then cancel our last CRT breakfast. Not the fantasmic package but maybe just lunch here... our 2 days in DHS are specifically for the Soap events going on and we wont have a full schedule of shows until shortly before... and we will not know what time meet and greets with the stars will be until we actually get in line and get the fast pass times so it makes planning ADR's for those 2 days difficult.

I really appreciate the suggestions!!

HndrdPrcnt
05-25-2008, 12:01 PM
I would do Crystal Palace for breakfast one morning instead of CRT. The nice thing there is that you can get reservations early enough that it will put you in the park before it opens to the general public!!! This gives you a chance to get some great photo opps of the castle without anyone else in your picture!!

Regardless of what you choose to do, I am sure that you are going to have a great time! You are definately going to eat well, that is for sure!!:thumbsup: