PDA

View Full Version : I need some help please

faberj
05-22-2008, 09:49 AM
I am having a hard time deciding between a few restaurants and could really use my help from my friends on the Dis! :o)

Dinner at Hollywood Brown Derby or Flying Fish Cafe?

The day we are going to MVMCP should we have a late lunch at LTT 2:30 and then grab some CS later in the night if we get hungry or have dinner at LTT or Crystal Palace at 4:00?

Breakfast at Chef Mickey's or Cape May Cafe? We are planning Epcot for that day and I know Cape May would be closer but I don't mind taking a taxi to Chef Mickey's either. Just looking for a good breakfast and some fun with the characters.

Lunch at Mama Melrose or Sci Fi. We will be in the park for the day and really do not want to leave to have lunch somewhere because we want to do as much as we can and see the parade. This is one of our sleep in days so we will not be having any breakfast and will most likely eat early around 11:30 or Noon.

So please give me your thoughts so I can narrow this down.

cal5755
05-22-2008, 10:30 AM
Well I think that your idea for lunch at LTT on MVMCP day is a good idea just grabbing a CS later on when you get hungry. We did that last year and it worked out great.

We never had breakfast at Cape May so I think we would opt to go there to try something new.

I think on your DHS day I would do SCIFI , a great way to kick off your day with the atmosphere.....of course only from what I hear on here because we are trying it for the first time in Sept.

Have a super magical trip!!

SBETigg
05-22-2008, 10:38 AM
Dinner at Hollywood Brown Derby or Flying Fish Cafe?
Hollywood Brown Derby is really good, but the reviews for Flying Fish are excellent. I would favor Flying Fish over Brown Derby.

The day we are going to MVMCP should we have a late lunch at LTT 2:30 and then grab some CS later in the night if we get hungry or have dinner at LTT or Crystal Palace at 4:00?
I would go with the dinner, Crystal Palace.

Breakfast at Chef Mickey's or Cape May Cafe?
I would go with Cape May Cafe. (location)

Lunch at Mama Melrose or Sci Fi?
Sci-Fi gets some criticism, but we had a really good lunch there and the atmosphere is so much fun. I would choose Sci-Fi.

Best wishes with the decisions!

tyandskyesmom
05-22-2008, 10:44 AM
The kids did Flying Fish in January for the first time. We have never been to Brown Derby. Between the two, we chose FF. We really did enjoy ourselves. I had some kind of fish (I cannot remember what it was and my notes are at home) that was raised in The Land pavillion. It was really good. The restaurant itself is fun. And it was a great break from the parks...but we were there 13 days. The kids enjoyed theirs too and the place. It was not our best meal of the trip (we were on the DDDP and eating our heads off!) but we would return some day. We keep trying to squeeze in Brown Derby and it just does not happen. If you are at MGM and don't want to leave, I would not hesitate to go to Brown Derby from reviews I have read though.

In January we also did lunch at LTT...I don't think we will again. The food was just ok for lunch and it was very crowded. We might try dinner there someday but that type of food is not really what we go to Disney for...so who knows. We have also had dinner (a few trips past) at Crystal Palace. It was ok. We prefer breakfast and lunch there...

We love Chef Mickey's for breakfast and our last few trips it has been our last breakfast on departure day. On our January trip, the kids and i discovered breakfast at Cape May. They have slightly different characters (at least they did when we were there) and the atmosphere and set up is completely different. Chef Mickey's is busy and loud. It is a lot of fun. Where as Cape May was not crowded (i think they were taking walk ups) and a much quieter, calmer atmosphere. We liked both. Again, we were there for 13 days so Cape May was our off day and then we were heading to a water park. Either one would be ok though because the gettign there would be the hard part. After that it is either walk or momorail to Epcot. I think this is a win-win...

We have done both Mama Melrose and Sci-fi each a couple of times. We had one bad experience at MM that kept us away for a long time. In January we went back and loved it. We also loved Sci-fi though. I think both have reputations for being hit or miss though. Food wise, I think unless you are going for burgers and simple things, I have to say MM was better but you cannot beat Sci-fi for the atmosphere. I'd have a hard time deciding between these two.

Hope i helped at least a little!

HAPPY PLANNING!

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
05-22-2008, 10:48 AM
I would go with:
Flying Fish
Crystal Palace
Cape May (even though chef mickey's is great I think you will enjoy Cape May and it is easier to get to)
For me it is a coin toss between sci-fi and mama's had a good and bad experience at both.

DisneyCouture
05-22-2008, 11:40 AM
I would pick:
Flying Fish (has really good reviews)
Crystal Palace (we love this restaurant & it has a lot of variety of food)
Cape May (location)
Sci-Fi (the atmosphere is awesome, food isn't so good, but I don't care for Mama's at all)

bruin1344
05-22-2008, 01:32 PM
never tried the first two, i really liked the breakfast at cape may, and mama melrose's food is mediocre, never tried the ones in comparison to them

MOJoe
05-22-2008, 05:51 PM
I would say that the places you choose depends on your group. Is it 2 adults? Or are you bringing children? If you have kids, then The Brown Derby is the right choice for everyone. If not, you should check out the Flying Fish.
And down the list, The Crystal Palace, Chef Mickey's, and Sci Fi are best with kids. But if it is another belated honeymoon trip, then you might want to try the others!