Tigerinvestigator
05-21-2008, 09:05 PM
The Cast:

Me
DW
DD12
DD6
DD3
Jaxon-14 year old friend who has never really been out of Tennessee.
UE- Uncle Eric

Departure Day 1 Saturday May 10

Before I start my trip report, please disregard pretty much everything in my Pre-Trip report a few weeks ago. Things changed at the last minute and we decided to take a young man from our county who had never been to WDW or anywhere else for that matter. That meant last minute changes to our room reservations, dining reservations, and travel plans. It was one of the best decisions we have ever made as he was a great kid and never caused a moments trouble and was so appreciative and excited about the trip. He never complained once!:thumbsup:
We awoke at 2am on Saturday morning and were out the door by 3am. There were severe thunderstorms and tornado warnings for later in the day so we wanted to get ahead of the bad weather. We had a great and relatively quick trip from Tennessee to Orlando and arrived around 5pm. Everything was looking good and we were planning to use the free 8th day on our park hopper passes from The Official Ticket Center (Intercot Sponsor) and head to the Magic Kingdom to ride Jungle Cruise before it went down for rehab on Sunday. It was a great plan, but I made a rookie mistake(unacceptable for me) and took I-4 to the Official Ticket Center rather than pay $8 to have them delivered to our hotel.:ill: I don't consider myself cheap but I have to say that I was cheap and it cost me. I-4 was backed up and it took us 2 hours to get from the turnpike to our turnoff. I won't make that mistake again. We stopped at the Official Ticket Center and it was great. It only took 30 seconds and I was out the door with our park hopper passes which were $70 total cheaper than those sold by Disney. We never had a moments trouble and they guarantee their tickets. I will never buy from anyone else again. If you need a spokesperson I am your man!:thumbsup: But remember to pay $8 and let them fight the traffic. We stopped at the Walmart right next door and then a few minutes later we were entering the gates of WDW! We took the long ride through the world since we were no longer going to make the Magic Kingdom, so Jaxon could see everything a build his anticipation. I must say I was a little excited myself(after all I hadn't been there in 6 months). We checked into our Suite at the ASMU which was in the Calypso Bldg and very close to the main bldg and pool. The suite was fantastic and perfect for our 6 people (UE was flying in on Sunday). We grabbed a quick bite to eat and then went swimming. We opted for the "quiet" pool near the Jazz bldg (Note: nothing is quiet at the value resorts). We went to bed with that great feeling that we had a whole week of WDW in front of us. I slept as resort tv played quietly in my dreams:cloud9:. We were also excited that we would be moving to the AKL on Sunday. The ASMU is fun and even beautiful around the French Qtr area near the Jazz bldg, but it is extremely crowded, very loud, and contains hundreds of unchaperoned teenagers! I will give my thoughts about that in my final thoughts. For now everything was perfect in the world and the kids could hardly contain themselves.

pdrlkr
05-21-2008, 09:49 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

Bethis26fan
05-21-2008, 10:39 PM
Glad you arrived safe. Can't wait to hear more.

ChipnDaleGal
05-22-2008, 08:06 AM
That is so nice that you added Jaxon to your plans, and that he had such a good time. Glad you made there safely and I look forward to reading more about your trip. Thanks for reporting. :mickey:

FamilyofDisneyFreaks
05-22-2008, 08:18 AM
:magic:That was a really special thing you did for your young friend Jaxon. There is nothing like introducing the magic of WDW to someone, no matter the age!

Can't wait to hear all about your trip!

KylesMom
05-22-2008, 09:32 AM
Notwithstanding the long trek to pick up your tickets, it sounds like you're off to a great start. Let the fun begin! :mickey:

faline
05-22-2008, 12:06 PM
It is a wonderful feeling to know you have your entire vacation ahead of you! Sounds like you're off to a good start!

tinkerbell04
05-22-2008, 08:04 PM
Sounds like your vacation is off to a great start. Glad that you made it there safely. i am looking forward to reading more :)

pogo
05-22-2008, 11:16 PM
Great first day, Jason. Glad you arrived safe and sound. :mickey:

Can't wait to read more. :D

MauiMouse
05-23-2008, 08:47 AM
Looks like your off to a great start. :mickey:

indytraveler
05-23-2008, 04:05 PM
Driving and arriving same day before midnight. Early start time wow! Can't wait to read more. Thanks for sharing

BluewaterBrad
05-24-2008, 07:31 PM
Good start! I can tell I am going to enjoy your reports!! I am going to day 2!:mickey:

wdwgrl377
05-25-2008, 03:43 PM
What a great start! Thanks for sharing! Off to read more! :mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
05-27-2008, 12:34 PM
What a great treat for your friend. Sounds like a great start!! Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

cal5755
06-02-2008, 04:12 PM
Awesome start to your vacation. That is so exciting to bring Jaxon for his first visit... I love seeing disney through the eyes of someones first visit!! Can't wait to hear more :mickey:

DizNee143
06-03-2008, 09:19 AM
sounds like a great start to the vacation...cant wait to read all about it!!..thats sooo exciting about bringing jaxon..i hope he has a blast!! :mickey: