PDA

View Full Version : What is a Dole Whip?

Gregandmel
05-21-2008, 02:10 PM
Can anyone tell me what a Dole Whip is....and what the difference is between that and a Dole Whip Float? I've seen people mention them and I know there are several places that sell them and everyone seems to really like them. Thanks!!

illini
05-21-2008, 02:14 PM
A Dole Whip is pure bliss. Ahhhh, now I want one!
It's soft serve ice cream blended with pineapple juice. The float is the pineapple ice cream served with pineapple juice over it. Both are yummy, but I prefer the plain old Dole Whip myself. So good!

AXOAlum
05-21-2008, 02:22 PM
In one word... HEAVEN :cloud9:

katzctkpt
05-21-2008, 02:24 PM
These are so yummy. I only remember seeing them sold in Adventureland at MK. Where else can they be bought?

laprana
05-21-2008, 02:57 PM
These are so yummy. I only remember seeing them sold in Adventureland at MK. Where else can they be bought?

You can also get them from a self-serve machine at Captain Cook's at the Poly. You can make them as small or as BIG as you like, as long as it fits in the cup you're given! :D

If you're on the DDP and you eat a CS meal (lunch or dinner) at Captain Cook's, you can get a Dole Whip as your dessert! YUM!

Gregandmel
05-21-2008, 03:57 PM
I LOVE pineapple and now my mouth is watering just thinking about them!! We are staying at the Poly in October and they mentioned having a self serve machine at Capt Cooks, as well as I know they are served in MK at Aloha Isle - I just kept seeing them mentioned. Thanks for the explanation!!! Cant' wait to try everything - I'm making my list of everything I can't wait to try! Dole Whips, Tonga Toast, Lupa LUpa drinks, etc.... takes my mind off everything else for the moment.

busterthebronco
05-21-2008, 05:30 PM
there are two kinds of people in the world -
regular dole whip people and "floaters'
we're floaters. :number1:

Jared
05-21-2008, 05:40 PM
Captain Cook's in Disney's Polynesian Resort has a self-serve Dole Whip machines. Aloha Isle in Adventureland is the only location offering Dole Whip Floats.

A plain Dole Whip is simply a pineapple flavored soft-serve, while a Dole Whip Float is the ice cream topped with pineapple juice.

:tasty:

Disneyfun
05-21-2008, 08:48 PM
I'm going to step in it here....:thedolls::thedolls::thedolls:

I think the old frozen OJ swirlled w/ soft serve at Sunshine Tree Terrace in Adventureland were better!

Saddly, they have replaced the fozen OJ in the swirl with an orange flavored yogurt - :ack: They will still pour a cup of frozen OJ and then put soft serve in it, but it just isn't the same.... :sob:

Kate In Wonderland
05-22-2008, 09:43 PM
A dole whip is a yummy concoction of pineapple goodness!!!

Mousemates
05-22-2008, 10:45 PM
A Dole-Whip is the essence of Disney in a tastable form..:cloud9:..its also my wife's favorite theme park food.

Young@Heart
05-24-2008, 01:05 AM
The BEST snack at WDW!!! :cloud9:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
05-24-2008, 09:55 PM
I personally prefer the vanilla/pineapple swirl in the float. YUMMY!

2Epcot
05-24-2008, 10:53 PM
I've never had one, but hear it talked about a lot on Intercot .... With all the great descriptions I just may have to try one ... I love Pineapple.