PDA

View Full Version : Things might be normal now

Cinderelley
05-21-2008, 12:22 PM
Well, I haven't been around for a few months. Last time I posted on a regular basis in March, my dog died, I kicked my oldest son out, and my stepson had thrown a beer/drug party at my house when my DH & I tried to get away for a few days.

My oldest son moved back in with us two nights ago. It's amazing how different his attitude is. :thumbsup: He'll be graduating H.S. tomorrow and plans to head to basic training in the Navy on Sept. 4.

When I took my stepson to court, I told the judge we couldn't control him anymore. He was booked and then released to CPS. After spending a couple of days in a shelter, he was ready to come home and follow the rules also. The jury's still out on whether or not he'll actually behave himself.

I got a new job in the ER. I'll be starting there on 6/8, and I've started my program to get my bachelor's degree. I have class on Monday nights.

Life is busy, but it's good. Thank the Lord.

Oh, and for those of you wondering. They did find DH's uncle with his great uncle's body. He's been laid to rest now. I'll never figure out how someone can steal a dead body.

MMouse6937
05-21-2008, 04:08 PM
Not sure I get or even want to know about the last part!! ;)

I'm glad things are looking up for you! It's hard when it seems to be one thing after another, good for you in seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Take care!

tinkerbelle75
05-21-2008, 04:37 PM
I'll never figure out how someone can steal a dead body.

Huh??

Cinderelley
05-21-2008, 07:12 PM
For those of you who don't know the story -

DH's uncle was power of attorney for DH's great-uncle. To make a long story short, DH's uncle was being investigated for stealing DH's great-uncle's money when DH's great-uncle passed away. The court-appointed guardian had made arrangements for the body to go to a certain mortuary. The body never arrived. DH's uncle took it and had to be hunted down. Eventually, they found him. DH's great-uncle is now put to rest just as he wished.

pink
05-21-2008, 07:43 PM
I'm glad everything is going well for you now, it sounds like everything is back on track. Congradulations! :thumbsup:

:mickey:

KineGirl
05-21-2008, 07:48 PM
Wow! Def sounds eventful! Alls I can say is....

boys/men :rolleyes:

especially in your family! We all get a dose but it seems like you mightve gotten double. Good luck, keep your chin up & heres to things continuing to go well...:fingers:

PirateLover
05-21-2008, 08:36 PM
Wow you really had a lot going on there! I'm glad that everything seems to be working out for you now. Welcome back.

daparish
05-21-2008, 10:12 PM
For those of you who don't know the story -

DH's uncle was power of attorney for DH's great-uncle. To make a long story short, DH's uncle was being investigated for stealing DH's great-uncle's money when DH's great-uncle passed away. The court-appointed guardian had made arrangements for the body to go to a certain mortuary. The body never arrived. DH's uncle took it and had to be hunted down. Eventually, they found him. DH's great-uncle is now put to rest just as he wished.

WOW!!!!! I can honestly say I have a few in my family who would do something crazy like this :blush:. I am glad everything is working out for your son and step son.

princessjojo
05-21-2008, 10:44 PM
Dang. Sounds like you've been more than your share of strong lately. Tough love works afterall. Good for you standing your ground, and DH as well.

Hope things continue turning up for you!!