PDA

View Full Version : Good price for flight?

fanofdisney
05-21-2008, 11:42 AM
I am now looking at booking our flight there and waiting for SW to come out with the date of our flight home thanks to fellow Intercotees:party: Why I didn't think of that before I really don't know but anyway is $135 about as good (cheap;)) as it's going to get or do you think specials will begin to pop up?

sleepingbooty
05-21-2008, 11:59 AM
When are your dates? We typically fly Southwest, and I usually get pretty good "Ding" Fares about two months before our travel date. From St. Louis to Orlando, 79-89 each way is pretty good. Sometimes it goes lower, but usually for weekday flights, and we fly on Saturdays or Sundays. It just depends on what the norm is for your city. I would watch the fares for a while before I paid $135 each way. Or did you mean $135 total - in that case, it be a great deal!

fanofdisney
05-21-2008, 02:35 PM
It is $!35 each way on SW in Oct. I would be a little nervous waiting until 2 months before our trip. Have you ever had a problem that close to your dates?

dismommy
05-21-2008, 02:40 PM
I paid $240 round trip on Continental for our November trip. Jet blue wasn't even cheaper, I might have been able to get cheaper if I waited, but with the price of oil I was happy with 240 so I booked (that fare is to fly on a Saturday).

tyandskyesmom
05-21-2008, 06:06 PM
We fly SWA out of Midway and normally the fairs go down to at least $79.00 each way (we have even gotten cheaper at various times of the year)...but there is no telliong with the way gas prices are going.

Normally, I cannot gamble on the prices going down so I buy when they are around what you are saying. Then when the rates go down, I grab the cheaper fare and have a credit to use in the future.

From what I am getting from your post, your return flight is not available yet. If that is the case, you could buy the outgoing flight now and then if the prices go down befroe the other leg of the journey is available you could use any credit towards your return flight...or if not, towards a future flight...usually the credit is good got one year from purchase date and you can get a 6 month extension on that if needed.

AirlineGuy07
05-22-2008, 10:56 AM
We went down the first week of May and got $54 one-way from Washington Dulles. Including tax we paid about $385.00 for 3 of us roundtrip on Airtran.

RedSoxFan
05-22-2008, 11:22 AM
I just booked Jet Blue for October for WDW trip from Syracuse. I believe it was $119 to Orlando (non-stop) and $244 to Syracuse (non-stop). Not that bad -- IMO.

Mrs Bus Driver
05-24-2008, 08:51 AM
I fly SW from Arizona. I was able to book a flight using a Ding 6 months out, saved 15%. Don't know about your area but SW is always the lowest price here. Good Luck! :mickey:

BigRedDad
05-25-2008, 12:07 PM
If you are flying SW, buy the tickets the first chance you get. Buy one-way trips. It costs slightly more because of the taxes and 911 fee. What happens now, you can cancel each one-way leg if a lower price comes out. You get a 100% credit. If you cannot use the credit, you can sell it on eBay for 90+% of the value.

With oil prices going up, flights are not going to be too cheap.

PetefromRI
05-25-2008, 07:37 PM
For our Sept.1st-8th trip we're paying 211.00 each for round trip direct out of Providence R.I.
I figured we could always rebook if the flights get cheaper but with oil the way it is I'd book ASAP.

ryca1dreams
05-26-2008, 12:42 AM
Flown AA out of DFW for the past 6 years. This year we are flying AirTran for just about $215 RT (that's with reserved seats and tax and fees incl)

AA just couldn't beat it this year. Plus with their $15 a bag fee add on, it's going to be an expensive summer for their passengers.

The Airlines are funny business. I'm not sure if you will see many discounts from the big airlines. Small carriers may be in a better position to do that. That's just an opinion.