PDA

View Full Version : Room Charging Privileges

Meg G
05-21-2008, 11:01 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm a first time poster on your boards and this Friday I will be a first time visitor to WDW! :mickey:

I have had all of my other questions answered by perusing your site but still have a few questions about the room charging privileges.

We already purchased our tickets but we've decided to add the Park Hopper option when we get there. Can that fee be charged to the room? Is there anything that can't be charged to the room that we will want to be sure to carry cash/credit with us?

Also, just for record keeping purposes I'm wondering if your card on file is charged each time you make a purchase or if your total is charged to your card at the end of your stay.

We're staying at the Pop Century Resort and any help is greatly appreciated!

Von-Drake
05-21-2008, 11:07 AM
I do not believe adding the Park-Hopper option can be by charging to your room. There is also a limit on how much you can charge using your room card, but I am not sure what the amount is, I am sure other people on here can probably clarify this better.

KylesMom
05-21-2008, 11:44 AM
A few of the snack stands within the parks and DTD will not take room charges - we always ensure that we have some cash on us for "just in case" times. Everything else gets charged to our room.

Once you reach your resort limit, your credit card will be charged - not when you make an individual purchase at a shop or restaurant. :mickey:

Welcome to Intercot, Meg!!!!

Figment104
05-21-2008, 11:57 AM
:welcome: to Intercot!!!

As the pp stated you should have no problem charging the hopper option to your room. Also I'm not sure if this is what you were referring to when you mentioned record keeping, but last time we were at the DW and charged things to our room key I was still able to see the individual charges on my Visa bill. It didn't have the places name but each charged showed up as Disney Resort Rooms. I'm really into detail so I loved that I was able to see that and then pair it up to my receipts instead of just seeing one lump sum for our entire length of stay. :mickey:

Tick-Tock
05-21-2008, 03:16 PM
:welcome: to Intercot!!!

As the pp stated you should have no problem charging the hopper option to your room. Also I'm not sure if this is what you were referring to when you mentioned record keeping, but last time we were at the DW and charged things to our room key I was still able to see the individual charges on my Visa bill. It didn't have the places name but each charged showed up as Disney Resort Rooms. I'm really into detail so I loved that I was able to see that and then pair it up to my receipts instead of just seeing one lump sum for our entire length of stay. :mickey:

We were able to charge our non-expiration option to the room. But our charges were in a lump sum -- the individual transactions were not shown on my VISA statement. A WDW statement was delivered to our room that showed all the charges up until the morning of check-out. I've never had anything but a lump sum show up on my VISA statement.

elmjimmlm
05-21-2008, 03:23 PM
There is also a limit on how much you can charge using your room card, but I am not sure what the amount is.
We were told that we could charge 1,000. Anything over that our card would be charged and it would be reset at that amount again...:mickey:

KylesMom
05-21-2008, 04:05 PM
We were able to charge our non-expiration option to the room. But our charges were in a lump sum -- the individual transactions were not shown on my VISA statement. A WDW statement was delivered to our room that showed all the charges up until the morning of check-out. I've never had anything but a lump sum show up on my VISA statement.
Same with us - the amounts charged against our Visa (once to clear our room charges and once to finalize/close out our bill) was payable to Disney, but there was no detail involved on our statement. We've been using the room charge feature forever, and we've never seen itemizations from Disney on our Chase statement for things charged to our room.

irish1967
05-21-2008, 10:08 PM
The total charged to your card is a "lump sum" but you receive a summary by charge at the end of your stay.

I went to WDW with my friend and her DH for marathon weekend in January. We charged all of the meals and drinks to the room and then just split the cost up at the end. They also charged all of their souveniers. It was VERY easy to identify the food charges vs the merchandise charges.

So, yes, you will have some detail but not on your credit card statement!

Have a great first (of many :mickey:) trips to my favorite place on earth!

wdwnomad
05-21-2008, 10:42 PM
Since you are staying at Pop Century the limit on your room card for charing privledges will be $500. Once you reach this limit your cc will be charged and you will start over with another $500 limit. Don't worry about Disney putting a $500 hold on your cc either because they won't do that. They just check it to make sure it is active.

If you reach your limit while trying to make a purchase it will probably be declined. Normally, the CM will allow you or call your resort so you can ask them to reset your limit. By doing this they will go ahead and charge whatever is on your account to clear it. You can then proceed with your purchase. This should only take a couple of minutes. Also, you can stop down at the front desk at anytime or when you think you are getting close to your limit to review your charges. If you want to you can pay off the charges at that time as well. You can use your cc, another cc, cash, Disney Gift Card, Disney Dollars, etc. to do it.

Figment104
05-22-2008, 08:28 AM
Hi Everyone!

I apologize if the information I posted previously seems incorrect, but I checked my Visa statement from our last trip prior to posting and it did show individual charges, just not for what locations, and it's also through Chase. What it may have been was a lump sum for the different days and maybe that's how WL ran it through (cleared it every night). We didn't charge many things this past trip as we had our Disney rewards card that took the brunt of most of our extra spending. Sorry again if it seemed to be incorrect info. :blush:

TheRustyScupper
05-22-2008, 01:37 PM
. . . Also, just for record keeping purposes I'm wondering if your card on file is charged each time you make a purchase or if your total is charged to your card at the end of your stay . . .

1) Charges are applied to the credit card assigned to THAT room key. *
2) If you go over the $500 limit, you charge the card at that time.
. . . $500 for Values
. . . $1000 for Moderates
. . . $1500 for Deluxe/DVC
3) If not over $500, then it is charged to card at check-out.

* Each key can have its own credit card. In this manner, father can apply purchases to his card, mother can apply charges to her card, and grandmother can apply charges to her card.