PDA

View Full Version : DVC housekeeping/toiletries question

McGoofy
05-21-2008, 10:48 AM
This is my first time staying at WDW with DVC points. We are renting points from a friend and we'll be at OKW next week! I know that you only get housekeeping services every 4 days. My question is this: Are toiletries such as soap, shampoo, etc...provided? If so, those bottles and soaps are little, can you get more if you run out before the 4th day rolls around? I'm starting to pack a few bags, so just wondering if I need to pack our own soap and shampoo and things. Thanks!:mickey:

tinkerbell04
05-21-2008, 11:20 AM
Hi Tara,
The soap and shampoo that they provide are the same small sized bottles that you see in other resorts. We usually bring our own supplies with us and take the little ones home with us! You can get additional supplies but they do charge you for them. I can not remember the exact amount though since we have never done that. I am sure that someone will come around with an aswer on the charge. Have fun!

McGoofy
05-21-2008, 11:48 AM
So they are provided free initially and just charged for once you request more?

Thanks for the info. We're not flying, so we'll just bring our big bottles of stuff. I just really like those H20 products that we have gotten at the resorts in the past.

tinkerbell04
05-21-2008, 12:05 PM
Yes, they provide the first set for each bathroom. You are only charged if you request more. The do replenish with trash and towel service and/or cleaning if you receive it. :mickey:

pianobabe
05-21-2008, 10:10 PM
I was wondering this myself. We are staying at OKW for the first time in September. We are in a 1 BR. Is there an extra charge for laundry detergent or dishwashing detergent? How does that work? Thanks and I hope the OP doesn't mind my questions.

KineGirl
05-21-2008, 10:46 PM
To the PP there is a full size of dishwashing detergent but only a single size of laundry soap. We usually bring our own small bottle of laundry soap and then pack several dryer sheets thru out our luggage. I think I read on here that Target sells those single size powder detergents.

To the OP we always bring our own stuff from home to like another poster wrote and take the H2O stuff home - its what we use in our guest room bathroom! :mickey: The whole room is decorated Disney so it fits right in! I have looooong hair ( almost to my booty ) and I would use that little shampoo bottle in one use easy!! Also I take what is there before Mousekeeping comes so we get a "refill" and use them for stocking stuffers!

pluto 77
05-22-2008, 09:44 AM
We just returned from a 10 night stay at SSR. We bring our own shampoo, but always use the provided hand soap and shower gel. We did not recieve fresh toiletries from housekeeping. Since it was my first time staying on points I called and asked the front desk if housekeeping replenishes the toiletries. She said that they should be replenished each time housekeeping comes in so they sent us some at no charge. They actually went a bit overboard and gave up 10 bars of soap. We took them home so we have a little disney touch in our bathroom. :mickey:

Kidsmom
05-22-2008, 10:42 AM
I also bring my own shampoo, etc.. and bring home their small size products. Lots of guest baths in this country have disney products!!

Regarding the kitchen soaps, there is a small thing of dawn (i think that is the brand) which is more than enough for your stay. Also I requested more dishwasher det. and received it without charge. I used 4 in my 8 day stay and washed everything else by hand with the dish soap.

Have a great trip!

McGoofy
05-22-2008, 10:44 AM
Thanks and I hope the OP doesn't mind my questions.

I don't mind at all!:D That's what the board is for...we're all learning together!:mickey:

To the OP we always bring our own stuff from home to like another poster wrote and take the H2O stuff home - its what we use in our guest room bathroom! :mickey: The whole room is decorated Disney so it fits right in! I have looooong hair ( almost to my booty ) and I would use that little shampoo bottle in one use easy!! Also I take what is there before Mousekeeping comes so we get a "refill" and use them for stocking stuffers!

I'm like you...I have long hair too, so I use those bottles up really quickly. But I have to say, the H2O brand is some of the best shampoo and conditioner products I have ever used. It's hot and humid here where I live, and it is hard to find any shampoo/conditioner that helps control frizzy hair. The H20 brand really works for me! I noticed that they sell some of the full sized versions in the gift shops now, and I'm probably going to invest when we go next week. (Woo-hoo---6 days from right now!!) From what I have seen on my last few trips, the deluxe resorts were giving out the H20 products that also included lotion and shower gel. We would pack them away and let housekeeping restock a new batch every day. Then one day housekeeping was outside our door, and we asked if we could have a little more. She gave us a LOT!! I too have a Disney decorated bathroom, so I love using the Disney bath products for when guests come over to my house. I have also noticed that the moderates and values were still using that blue bottle that is the shampoo and conditioner combined into one bottle. I'm really not a fan of that one. I don't know if this has changed, but I guess I will find out because we will be at OKW on DVC points for 5 days, and then we are moving to Pop Century with regular housekeeping for 2 days.