PDA

View Full Version : Introducing myself as a huge character fan!

daan8810
05-21-2008, 10:48 AM
Hi fellow character fans,

I wanted to introduce myself and as a huge character fan I think this is the best place to do that. :mickey:

I'm daniel and I live in the Netherlands, I'm going to Orlando this summer (july) and hope to see as many characters as possible! When I saw this forum I was amazed by all the characters that are in the American Parks.

I usually go to Disneyland Resort Paris, about 2 times a month. I made a site with al characters I found over there for people to see. It's: www.pixiedustmagic.com.

So I hope to learn a lot from your stories, info and tips in the upcoming weeks! ;)

Daniel :thumbsup:

Hayden's Dad
05-21-2008, 12:31 PM
:welcome: To Intercot, and :welcome: to our little obsessive compulsive world. Glad to have another character fan among us. :thumbsup:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
05-21-2008, 01:58 PM
Welcome aboard! Come join in our hijinx around the World!

Goofy0101
05-21-2008, 02:01 PM
Hello, and welcome to the Intercot characters boards!

joanna71985
05-21-2008, 02:17 PM
Welcome fellow character fan!!:)

Disneyatic
05-22-2008, 12:32 PM
Hi Daniel!
Great website you have built there! I love all the character pictures, it's especially cool how many different outfits the characters have! Goofy had so many different ones and they were all really cool.

Good luck on your upcoming FL trip, I hope you find lots of new characters to add to your website!

daan8810
05-22-2008, 02:25 PM
Thank you all for the warm welcome :D I'm sure that i'm going to have a great time reading and posting on this forum! :)

@ Disneyatic:

Yeah all those different outfits.. i'd rather have new characters instead of new outfits for older characters but it keeps us busy this way, trying to find all of these different outfits. Paris usually has different oufits at the several and different themed hotels.

Jozymouse
05-22-2008, 04:27 PM
daan8810: WELCOME!!!

First of all, let me tell you how much I LOVE your website!!!

WOW! I would love to meet the 3 little pigs! And also, I never knew that Practical Pig's name was Edmund! We learn something new every day!!!! :blush:

Thank you for sharing your wonderful & magical website! :thumbsup:

like2workout
05-23-2008, 09:13 AM
hello and welcome to intercot - and especially welcome to the "characters" section! it's always great to meet another character lover and see the pics as well. thanks for sharing yours!

Greenlawler
05-24-2008, 01:06 PM
Hey as everyone else has said.... welcome! Fabulous website I think one day I will do one myself but I do not have the technical skill to set it up.

batulo46
06-21-2008, 11:34 PM
:mickey:My name is Mike

I am the Ultimate Disney fan... My wife and I are going to Disney in July to Celebrate our Anniversary.. it's not our first time, I hope i can make many friends and thank you welcoming me as part of a Great Disney Family..:number1:

batulo46
06-21-2008, 11:36 PM
:mickey:My name is Mike

I am the Ultimate Disney fan... My wife and I are going to Disney in July to Celebrate our Anniversary.. it's not our first time, I hope i can make many friends and thank you welcoming me as part of a Great Disney Family..:number1:All dreams can come true just believe..

AHOTE
06-22-2008, 12:44 AM
:welcome: Daniel & Mike. :welcome: It's always good to meet another Ultimate Disney Fan. Daniel, I just got back from a magical visit to your website and it's sure to be a favorite. Just out of curiosity, who is your favorite character???? :scratch:

daan8810
06-22-2008, 01:11 PM
Hi ahote!

Thanks for you kind words :).

Gosh... who would I choose to be my favorite character...

My alltime favorite (with movie characters included) i'd choose Jafar... The character, the personality, the costume... it's just a masterpiece to me.

I also enjoyed seeing Max, Shan Yu, B.E.N and characters from the hunchback of the notre dame!

Who is your favorite character?

I was wondering myself... I saw a lot of cool, magical and rare disney character pictures from WDW on the internet... but one thing seems to be rare.. I can be mistaking but isn't it allowed in Florida to get characters together? Like the grouppics I have on my site. The most pictures I see are solo pictures (great as well of course ;))

Daniel!

disneycutie165
06-22-2008, 01:56 PM
Oh my gosh, you don't know how many characters I have seen the many times we've been there! I have alot more on my list to see. I'm glad some people share my love!

My faves: Buzz Lightyear, Pepe (muppets!):pepe:, Stitch:stitch2:, Jasmine, and Pooh:pooh:!

I am also a huge villian fan!
Faves: Scar, Millicent, Randall(Monsters Inc.), and Zira:malef::hmghost:

My first time on Intercot!!!!!!

Our trips:
'98- 3 years old
'99- 4 years old
'03- 8 years old
'05- 10 years old

Next trip:
August 17-23 '08- 13 years old!
56 more days!:mickey::mickey3:

AHOTE
06-22-2008, 02:14 PM
Who is your favorite character?

Daniel!

I'm partial to the Villians and Ursula would have to be my favorite. I guess it's because she's different from all the other Villians. She fat and menacing as compared to the majority of Disney Villians that are tall & skinny. Jafar is a close second for me.

jpH/keD
06-22-2008, 05:27 PM
Welcome to our newbies! We are all slightly tilted towards these lovable characters here on Intercot! BUT I have gotten great tips and I am sure you all will too!

I have to share a short story. I like villans too but my small children, not so much! BUT we were at MGM in Nov(b4 the name change!)
ANd during the parade The Evil Queen from Snow White came over to my friend's son and got face to face w/ him! I quickly snapped the COOLEST pic I have yet to date of the two of them! SHe was AWESOME! Then she said nothing but stuck her tongue out at him, winked and went on her merry way!!
IT was sooo cool! Sorry- she was in perfect character!

I am just learning to post links so hopefully I will get the pic up for all to enjoy! :thumbsup:

daan8810
06-23-2008, 03:16 AM
Welcome to our
ANd during the parade The Evil Queen from Snow White came over to my friend's son and got face to face w/ him! I quickly snapped the COOLEST pic I have yet to date of the two of them! SHe was AWESOME!

I love the snowqueen! I'm hoping to get a picture with her someday! I'm looking forward to see your picture :D

BelleLovesTheBeast
06-23-2008, 01:21 PM
:welcome: Daniel, Mike and Disneycutie!

daan8810
08-04-2008, 01:37 PM
Hi there!

I'm back from my first visit to Walt Disney World. I loved it. For me there were a lot of special characters. Probably the ones you already got to see 100000 times but as a Disneyland Resort Paris visitor I've never seen a lot of these characters.
The four parks were great! I loved the different cultures at Epcot, the Movie ambiance at the studios and the Magic in Magic kingdom. Compared to Disneyland Paris I don't think Disneyworld is better... It's bigger but it's hard to compare these two parks because they are both so different. If you are in Paris you'd have to walk 2 minutes to go from the Disneyland park to the studios.. In WDW you have to take the car or bus.. What I also didn't understand was that the characters in WDW aren't allowed to get in to group pictures. Even when they were standing almost next to eachother I only was allowed to shoot them seperately. Though I loved the Fantasmic characters at 5' and 6'. They were really cool! I even got the picture with 14 characters surrounding me!
Pictures will be updated soon on my website. It's down at the moment but we're trying to fix it and get it back online today!

Daniel

like2workout
08-04-2008, 02:44 PM
hey daan - glad you had such a good time and found some new characters!!! how in the world did you manage to get your picture made with 14 characters at once. that's great!!!!

daan8810
08-05-2008, 03:31 PM
hey daan - glad you had such a good time and found some new characters!!! how in the world did you manage to get your picture made with 14 characters at once. that's great!!!!

Just don't take no for an answer ;)

daan8810
08-09-2008, 02:21 AM
I've uploaded most of the pictures from WDW characters on my website. Click on my name to go to my website, it's not allowed to type it here :).