PDA

View Full Version : Plaza Restaurant -MK?

minnie-mouse
05-21-2008, 10:32 AM
Do you need ADR's for this restaurant? Is it sit-down dining? Is there usually a long wait?

lightyearfan
05-21-2008, 11:13 AM
yes you do need an ADR for this resturant, you might get lucky if you get to the park real early and try to make a reservation , but if your thinking about going than i would suggest to make the ADR, the wait time once you arrive isn't that long and it is a sit down resturant, they have some of the best burgers and the deserts are pretty good too, me and dw always goto the Plaza on every trip.

hope this helps
Victor

DisneyGrrrl
05-21-2008, 11:54 AM
I have eaten here both with an ADR and without. Depends on the time of day and time of year that you go. If you absolutely want to eat here (and I recommend it at least once - I love the rueben!) then make an ADR.

tyandskyesmom
05-21-2008, 04:39 PM
I don't know...I had a different opinion on the ADR and waiting experience at The Plaza.

We were there for dinner around January 3, 2008. We had an ADR. It was frezing out. We waited, along with a ton of other guests, about an hour past our ADR time. There is no indoor waiting area and there are only about maybe 20-30 tables in there so you are at the mercy of the other diners. And the parks were not uber -crowded (and I am comparing to early December so I am used to low crowds) so it was just the nature of the venue.

The food was great!

I would not go without an ADR and in the future I will be trying for the first seating for lunch and plan to show up early for that so I get in at one of the limited tables on the first round.

It is well worth the ADR though!

Jared
05-21-2008, 06:00 PM
Do you need ADR's for this restaurant? Is it sit-down dining? Is there usually a long wait?
I would definitely make a reservation. The Plaza Restaurant is small and often crowded. You don't need to book 180 days early, but I definitely would not rely on walking in.

:tasty:

Gator
05-22-2008, 03:20 PM
This is a good place to eat if you want a table service because it is fairly cheap. However, if you are on the DDP, it's a bad deal - not worth it at all.

TheRustyScupper
05-23-2008, 08:21 AM
1) Make an ADR, just in case.
2) If MK is really crowded, so will be the restaurant.
3) We are not partial to Plaza.
. . . yes, it is a sit down
. . . but, it is mainly sandwiches
. . . it was made a TS, only because of lack of TS's in MK

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
05-24-2008, 11:15 AM
I agree with other posters you need and ADR because there are very few tables. The food is pretty good but mostly sandwiches and salads so it is a reasonable TS for the money. However as someone else mentioned if you are on the DDP then it is not a good value. If it is crowded then getting a walk up is difficult unless it is really off peak eating times.

LudwigVonDrake
05-24-2008, 11:51 AM
I've always walked past but never eaten there!

Capt. Sparrow
05-28-2008, 04:02 PM
The chicken sandwich and the steak sandwich are the 2 best things on the menu! I am getting hungry sitting here thinking about it!!!:mickey: