PDA

View Full Version : Afternoon Tea

kwhitt3202
05-21-2008, 08:52 AM
Has anyone tried the afternoon tea at the G.F if so what are your thoughts on it?

Natazu
05-21-2008, 10:52 AM
We've been as a couple and thoroughly enjoyed the tea, the service, and the time together. We've also been with about 30 of our closest friends and thoroughly enjoyed it then as well even though they didn't care for the way we made our reservation.

mouseketeer mom
05-21-2008, 11:33 AM
I'm trying it with my girls for the first time this August. Do we each choose our own tea flavor, or do we pick a pot for the table?

DisneyGrrrl
05-21-2008, 11:53 AM
I've been to the afternoon tea about 6 or 7 times I believe. My good friend and I love it! She and I don't always get the same kind of tea.

You should individually from their tea menu and the food options.

I really like it. :thumbsup:

Flower
05-21-2008, 12:28 PM
We have been 4 times and really enjoy it. Here are some pics that I contributed to the Intercot food photos for the afternoon tea! http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/foodphotos/deluxeresorts/gfpage1.asp#photo2

They have a delicious menu to choose tea, sandwiches, pasteries, etc from: http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/gftea.asp

Your choice of tea arrives in it's own tea pot, should 2 people at the table order the same tea they will share 1 pot, but the server will bring a refill should you run out. Even Mrs Potts Tea (Chocolate milk) is served in a Royal Doulton teapot and the kids get real china too! (Old Country Rose pattern)

The tea is loose leaf tea so each person also gets their own infuser (strainer).My favorite is the Gardenview blend!

DH and I have been by ourselves, we enjoyed it so on the following trip we took our moms for mothers day, and I we have been twice with the kids.

biodtl
05-21-2008, 12:38 PM
We're trying this for the forst time in Oct, and I can't wait. We usually check in and head straight for MK and Casey's for lunch. But this year, we arriving early, so we plan on a snack in the late morning, then GF tea in the afternoon.

Disnamic Duo
05-21-2008, 03:20 PM
FANTASTIC! My wife and I did it for the first time this past January, and we LOVED it! We'll definately be doing it again. The tea and the food are very good, and the time spent together, in a beautiful setting, is SO nice.

mouseketeer mom
05-21-2008, 03:36 PM
Wow! Loved the pics from the above poster. Even the picture feels special. I can't wait.

Jared
05-21-2008, 06:18 PM
We've also been with about 30 of our closest friends and thoroughly enjoyed it then as well even though they didn't care for the way we made our reservation.
Really? I'm one of your 30 closest friends? Now this certainly is an honor! ;)

Definitely try the tea. It is one of Disney's real hidden gems. I was very reluctant to go, only agreeing after Cher (TheSorcererofFantasia) agreed to pay my tab. I'm dying to return.

:tasty:

TikiGoddess
05-21-2008, 08:15 PM
Definitely try the tea. It is one of Disney's real hidden gems. I was very reluctant to go... I'm dying to return.

:tasty:

I agree too!!! Cher convinced me to go too (and I will always love her for that). It was an awesome experience. I will never forget the Russian Earl Grey that Ellen and I shared. It makes regular tea (in tea bags) taste lackluster in comparison. I hope to bring my daughters and my MIL to the tea next year as a treat.

Kathy

KathyMJ
05-21-2008, 08:46 PM
Afternoon Tea has become a tradition on each trip for my daughter and me. We even forced DH to join us one afternoon, on one of the family trips, and he loved it.

It's a wonderful change of pace in the middle of the day:mickey:

You are sure to have a wonderful time!

LibertyTreeGal
05-21-2008, 09:00 PM
For dh and I it was our absolute best experience in WDW :cloud9:

Friend of Figment
05-21-2008, 10:40 PM
I've been once and had a wonderful time.

This August my mom and I are going the day we check out. After a week at the Contemporary we are going to the JW Marriott for a couple of nights to recover from Disney. We thought tea would be a nice way to finish our time at Disney.

LandFan
05-22-2008, 08:44 AM
It is truly awesome! I loved their Mad Hatter tea :cloud9: - I know it is the one they serve for the kids but it was amazing! We are going to do it again this year. Even DH (who was reluctant) liked it a lot and said he would do it again voluntarily:D

BTW, my mom loves their Eros tea. Let me tell you, that is some rare tea! We finally found some online for her to buy so she could have it at home. It is only made at one place in France. So if it sounds good to you when you get there, try it!

sorarail
05-23-2008, 07:58 AM
This sounds like fun! DH and I are both tea drinkers, however, he's partial to iced tea. Is iced tea available during the tea party?

Lynn J Mc
05-23-2008, 09:52 AM
How far ahead do you need to make reservations?

jillluvsdisney
05-23-2008, 02:25 PM
Love it. We've had tea three times. You do need to book early because they only serve during afternoon hours, it's a small setting and very popular. I have seen walk ups get turned away every time we have been there. I wish I had a warm scone and jam to pop in my mouth right now. :cloud9:

TheRustyScupper
05-24-2008, 12:30 AM
1) We usually do 3-4 "Teas" per year.
2) We almost always make it to the GF Tea once yearly.
3) I think it comes pretty close to the spirit of an English Tea.
4) I believe you will enjoy it.

NOTE: As a true-blue Afternoon Tea person, I wish the GF would serve more than Pekoe and Orange Pekoe tea, but one can't have everything in life. The grading of their teas is perfectly acceptable.