PDA

View Full Version : TS at AK

beksy
05-21-2008, 02:06 AM
I'm trying to get an idea about ADR's for our next trip and am down to AK (at least until I change my mind again!). What is Tusker House like? I know it's buffet but can you give me some examples of what to expect? Right now we are leaning toward Rainforest Cafe (there's not one anywhere near where we live) but I might be able to change the family's mind if Tusker House is good and I have some idea what it's like. Or would Rainforest be for the best? We ate at one once and I think we liked the atmosphere. Thanks for any input! :mickey:

WishingStar2006
05-21-2008, 08:58 AM
I have never been to Tusker House so I'll be interested to read posts from those who have.

We went to the new Yak and Yeti TS restaurant and enjoyed it ALOT...don't miss that one!

Have a great trip!

NJGIRL
05-21-2008, 10:13 AM
I have never been to the Tusker House but to the Rainforest several times (and we do have one where we live).
I like the Rainforest food. They have great drinks, I love their Natural Burger and the Gorilla In the Mist dessert is soooooooo good. You can't beat the theming. It's alot of fun.

tyandskyesmom
05-21-2008, 04:54 PM
We really likes Tusker House. We did breakfast and lunch. Breakfast has characters. The lines are set up great so it is easy to find what you want and no awkward like cutting in front of someone at the buffet because they are all spread out well.

The food is a good mix of typical buffet food and Africal influenced food...even breakfast. There were a lot of desserts too.

We are by no means a gourmet family but it was one of our favorite buffets, withj and whithout characters.

Jared
05-21-2008, 05:43 PM
Your options for table service dining in Disney's Animal Kingdom are still limited, but Tusker House Restaurant and Yak & Yeti Restaurant have definitely added a legitimate presence to the park.

I would stay away from Rainforest Cafe, especially if you have a location near your hometown. There are so many unique and creative restaurants in Disney to spend a precious a meal at a mediocre chain.

Unfortunately, I haven't tried either of the two other places, but I am having dinner at Yak & Yeti Restaurant on Sunday night. I will report back with a review.

:tasty:

beksy
05-22-2008, 01:38 AM
Thanks Jared, I'll be watching for it!

pluto 77
05-22-2008, 10:35 AM
I have never been to Tusker house, but Yak and Yeti was really good and we actually ate there twice on our last trip. It is located right in the asia section of the park not that far from Africa.