PDA

View Full Version : Disney Quest questions.....

Sunshine1010
05-21-2008, 01:46 AM
Yep - I'm a 'first-timer' to Disney Quest. Never been. I've been waiting for my little boy to grow up. He's now 7 and my husband and I want to surprise him with a trip there (with NO time limit). We have planned to stay a while.

But, because I've never been, I have some questions.

1. We are going in early December. What are the crowds like? I went to YouTube, and saw some CROWDS inside on some of the videos.

2. Some people are mentioning to go when the place opens up in the morning. On INTERCOT, it states that they open at 11:30am. I'm assuming we need to be there around that time........??

3. Can you leave and come back?

4. Do they have benches? If my son and husband go and get crazy on me....are there places sporadically around that I can sit and wait on them?

5. Can you use your Reward card to pay for admission?

6. What would be cheaper?
--- use my DVC discount at the door?
--- add on the hopper thing? (how much is the add-on)
----use an outside source to buy tickets?

7. Do they have lockers to store stuff?

I thank you in advance for the answers to these questions.

merlinmagic4
05-21-2008, 07:17 AM
1. We are going in early December. What are the crowds like?

I don't think the crowds will be too bad. We go prime time and had never had terrible crowds there. I wouldn't go on a rainy day, though.

2. Some people are mentioning to go when the place opens up in the morning. On INTERCOT, it states that they open at 11:30am. I'm assuming we need to be there around that time........??

We've gone at various times. I would assume daytime would be slower (and during the week instead of weekends).

Yes :)

4. Do they have benches? If my son and husband go and get crazy on me....are there places sporadically around that I can sit and wait on them?

Yes. They have benches and lots of seating around the food areas. They have computers with internet, too. You can browse Intercot!

This I don't know.

We've always had the "plus" option on our tickets. If you're going to a water park, too it might be worth it!

I don't think so.

Have a great time!

EpcotNut
05-21-2008, 08:06 AM
1. We are going in early December. What are the crowds like?

I don't think the crowds will be too bad. We go prime time and had never had terrible crowds there. I wouldn't go on a rainy day, though.

We've gone at various times. I would assume daytime would be slower (and during the week instead of weekends).

Yes :)

Yes. They have benches and lots of seating around the food areas. They have computers with internet, too. You can browse Intercot!

This I don't know.

We've always had the "plus" option on our tickets. If you're going to a water park, too it might be worth it!

I don't think so.

Have a great time!

I agree with all of this - I would also add that we have gone in the middle of torential rain (twice) and both were during prime times and we've never had any issues with crowds. I believe the only attraction we've ever had to wait any significant amount of time for was POC: Battle for Bucaneer Gold and that was never more than 20 minutes. I would go ahead and go whenever you want - as previously mentioned - you can always leave, poke around Downtown Disney and come back later!! Enjoy!!:thumbsup:

Sunshine1010
05-21-2008, 08:12 AM
Thank you so much for the answers. I'd love to hear more opinions.

A note: In regards to my question about which method is cheaper....we will NOT be going to the water parks.

P.S. The fact that we can leave and come back is wonderful.

RockinRollerMom
05-21-2008, 08:25 AM
Last year we went to DQ the first week of December on a Thursday night. (maybe around 6:30 or 7) It was not crowded at all. We felt like we basicly had the whole place to ourself. The only think that we had to wait for was the virtual coaster and that was only 5 or 10 minutes. We got the whole thing done in about 2-3 hours. Granted DH could have spend MUCH more time there but me and DD7 were pooped. I think your DS will love it there. The only other thing to note is unles you are driving, you walk thru PI to get there. It was not fun walking out of there with DD around 10 with all of the partying going on. I think that if you are not planning on going to the waterparks than it could be cheaper to not add the "plus" options to your tickets. If you get a DVC discount that might be the best way to go.

merlinmagic4
05-21-2008, 08:37 AM
Thank you so much for the answers. I'd love to hear more opinions.

A note: In regards to my question about which method is cheaper....we will NOT be going to the water parks.

P.S. The fact that we can leave and come back is wonderful.

If DQ is the only extra you are doing, it is probably cheaper to just pay for it. If you get a DVC discount, that's great! I'd use it at the door :thumbsup:

tink2006
05-21-2008, 08:45 AM
We do not do the waterparks either so we buy our DQ tickets seperately. It is cheaper for us to do it this way. I would call and ask if they have a discount and if it is available at the door (Some discounts are for advanced purchases only)

larrybob
05-21-2008, 09:01 AM
The seating there is much better than benches so you should be good with that. I am almost 100% positive that you can use Rewards $ to buy tickets; in fact, I would be very surprised if you can't. As far as doing the 'plus' option or not goes, I would anticipate this scenario. I guarantee you that your son is going to tell you that he wants to go back to DQ again before you leave (and your husband's probably going to say, "Yeah, I could do it again.") We go to DQ everytime we go to WDW, and our kids always want to go there a second time. So you need to decide whether it's going to be absolutely one time to DQ or not.

busterthebronco
05-21-2008, 05:22 PM
ok,
1.dont go when it rains or on weekend nights to avoid crowds.
2.i dont know that ive been there right when it opens but you ride an elevator to get "in" so it might be just as good to let the first group in and just show up around 12ish
3.you can definatly leave and come back.
its kinda nice to sneak out and breathe some real air and see if the sun is still up.
4.there are benches but not many.
it would be nice to switch out and go outside to relax and people watch.
about 4 hours is all i cn do at a time.
5. i am pretty sure you can use the card.
its basically a park ticket.
6.we allways got the hopper befor we got APs.

7. no lockers i know of but thats a good idea!

NJGIRL
05-22-2008, 03:02 PM
We have gone to DQ several times. We usually spend all day there 11:00 to 5:00. There's enough to do all day long. I do usually have a headache when we leave:ill:

Sunshine1010
05-23-2008, 12:55 AM
Thanks for all the comments so far.

I've been doing 'research' on the internet about DQ, and all the other Disney related sites ....all have a different price for the admitting price.

Can anyone give me the official cost?

Also, what's cheaper:
- DVC with the discount
-...or....the Official Ticket Center

NJGIRL
05-23-2008, 09:19 AM
I would use the Disney web site for the offical price. If you don't see it on there you can email them directly from that site with your questions on price and offical opening time (I believe it varies)for when you will be there.

Goofy Texan
05-26-2008, 01:29 AM
Everyone else has answered most of your questions, but I can help with the last one. The last time we were there in 2006 they didn't have lockers but they did have a (free) bag check room. You could leave shopping bags, luggage, backpacks, just about anything. They'd take your bag and put it in a cubby and give you a ticket with the cubby number. I believe they also had a log book you had to sign when dropping off and picking up your stuff. I'd be real surprised if isn't still there.