PDA

View Full Version : Cruising in October?

Dsnygirl
05-20-2008, 04:57 PM
:mickey: Hi guys... just wanted to get feedback from any of you who have cruised on October... I know it's hurricane season, so there's a greater risk of choppy, nasty weather... just wanted to see what people have experienced?

Also - what are the temps like at sea? I totally forgot that temps would be different out on the ocean than they are on land, and was figuring on the 80's all the time, but am now thinking it may get quite chilly?

Thanks for any and all info - I really appreciate it! (We're planning to sail mid-month - not that it really probably matters, week to week... :blush:)

:thanks:

NJGIRL
05-21-2008, 09:39 AM
We have cruised in October before. While it is still hurrican season, it is the tail end. We haven't experienced (knock on wood) rough seas or choppey water when we went.

While I don't remember the exact temperatures I do remember it was hot during the day. You will be able to swim everday. At night I wore a sweater (I'm always cold) but my son and husband didn't need anything and they had short sleeves on.

We cruised the third week on October.