PDA

View Full Version : Redeeming Disney Rewards

Disney fans..
05-20-2008, 03:51 PM
:piglet:I have quite a few Disney rewards from my Disney visa..does anyone know how I can redeem them at Disney World? Can I do this when I book say BB Boutique or a character dinning? Thanks in advance for any info you can give. We are not going until November but I just wanted to get everything together since my 180 days is fastly approaching. :ccat:

KylesMom
05-20-2008, 04:11 PM
Here is a discussion which instructs you on what to do to get a "Rewards Card" from Chase in order to utilize your rewards dollars:
Chase Disney Visa Rewards Program (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=133893)

You will be able to pay for various items with your rewards - however, a few of the Princess character meals require you to pay up front, and I don't know if you'll be able to prepay with your rewards money or not.

I ordered my Rewards Card on 5/7 & had it in my hands on 5/16. I had to transfer a minimum of $20 to the card when I ordered it.

Happy spending! :mickey:

BriarRose
05-20-2008, 07:56 PM
I would order the reward card now. You can transfer reward dollars later to add to what you already have on the card at the time you request it. I did this last year about a month before we left and forgot to bring the card! I'm going to add the additional dollars to the card before we leave in October.

Just make sure you actually bring it with you!

Figment104
05-22-2008, 01:20 PM
We've used our reward dollars on our past two trips and are racking them up again for our trip this fall. I've found that we were able to use them where ever we were able to use our Key to the World Card. There were only a few snack stands that we ran into that we weren't able to use it at since it works just like a credit card and that was because those stands were only set up to accept cash. Generally I usually order my rewards card about 1 1/2 - 2 months prior to leaving and then I put it with all the other items that are coming on the trip. As pp mentioned, definitely double and triple check to make sure that you have it before you leave.

I have to admit that I really love earning those points. So many people tell me I'm crazy for not getting a credit card where I can earn more than just one percent, but when I use those points instead of charging or using cash on suveniors and :marg: and all the other extras I don'teven worry about it.

PM me if you have any additional questions about redeming or using the reward dollars.:mickey:

sorarail
05-23-2008, 09:28 AM
I've been told that if you are staying on site, you can charge gifts, non-dining plan food (except for some CS vendors), etc. to your room account and then pay the final bill with your rewards card when you check out. That way you don't have to carry your rewards card around with you - you just keep it in the in-room safe.:thumbsup:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
05-24-2008, 10:16 PM
I even used mine at the outlet store.